Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34464

• ZandorHawke
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The second most famous 'Z' in the game!
  • Thank you received: 539
Because the last two posts leave me a little lacking when it comes to witty repartee AND I'm at work, I decided to do some math (knowing this put me in violation of Rule 7). (And in case someone posts between those posts and mine, let me be clear that I am calling out SheiBe Kopf and Oedius!)

With the understanding that I probably missed someone, Squadron MOM makes-up 10% of the top 100 players. That's 10 divided by 100, which means you have to put a point on the top line (result) and add a trailing zero to the numerator so that it's 100 divided by 100 or 1 so if you factor in the point it goes to point 1 or 10% (oh, who am I kidding...I used a calculator).

Now, I'm not close to the top 100 (yet), but I feel like I have contributed to their success by dying frequently.

Tidbit 1 - Big Tex appears to be listed twice in our member list. Having twice the member probably makes the wife happy. :woohoo:

Tidbit 2 - Why do we have "Players to be Named Later" on the list? Are there trades pending?

Tidbit 3 - Just read Devil's post below. Adding Calle would mess up my math. I'm fine with this but give me a week to run the new numbers.
http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w502/MOMsquadron/banner_zandorhawke3_zpsa2e87126
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wigbomb

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by ZandorHawke.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34465

• new jersey devil
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 673
Hey was on this morning. Was talking to.this but Calle who might be interested.In joining....He's good..mean old devil

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34471

• MaVrk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 426
Man I'm tired!! :( It took me all day just to read 4 pages in this thread. Working, then reading, working, then reading. You get the idea. It serves me right not to check the thread everyday.

Anyways, I'm about to play the game if anyone wants to join in. In the words of Val Kilmer (guess the movie), "I'll be ya huckleberry". Cya. |\/|

This is why I'm NOT a MORAF!!

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34473

• Farcanal
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 143
Yes calle is very good he is Swedish and I think he flys a Saab.

I am happy to have him as a mom-mate if he refrains from shooting noobs before they take off he is good enough not to need to do that.

I have a suggestion , maybe each squad could have a moderator ? That way any player that takes the squad tag without formally joining (bad luck 132) can have the tag removed and it gets more mods out there the game is riddled with gobshytes at the moment ! .
Flying as farkinell and numerous other unmentionables.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34490

• KTtheo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 297
calle has my vote another great pilot.
wigbomb sorry for leaving you in a capture the carrier game ealier today.
we have a new kitten which decided to run up my leg.(dam sharp claws)
problem was i only had shorts on ouch ouch ouch ouch :blink: :blink: :blink:
yes i dropped my phone rather quick to deal with the pesky cat before it got to far.
couldn,t get back in to the same game then,wife thought it was hillariuos

welcome to all new comers into the mighty MOM
The following user(s) said Thank You: BStrachan

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34508

• Oedius Momicus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • MOLON LABE!
  • Thank you received: 346
I played a game or two with calle today and I also have very high opinion of him. Good solid methodical dogfighter. Great team member.

Last edit: by Oedius Momicus.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34515

• bopes
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1481
Thumbs up to calle. Was just in a game with b Strachan who was trying to recruit guidas55 (good player) who said she would only join if rickenfaker joined. Hasn't faker already been recruited?

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34516

• salento
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 60

Mavrk12 wrote: Man I'm tired!! :( It took me all day just to read 4 pages in this thread. Working, then reading, working, then reading. You get the idea. It serves me right not to check the thread everyday.

Anyways, I'm about to play the game if anyone wants to join in. In the words of Val Kilmer (guess the movie), "I'll be ya huckleberry". Cya. |\/|

I did read all the 29 pages now, and it took me at least 2 houers to read. :)

its 46 members in MOM. I can not belive its so many old players.
I always thinking i play ageinst kids ,and i did feel bad that am 30years old.
After joinig this squad, am young agein

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34517

• salento
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 60

Farcanal wrote: Yes calle is very good he is Swedish and I think he flys a Saab.

I am happy to have him as a mom-mate if he refrains from shooting noobs before they take off he is good enough not to need to do that.

I have a suggestion , maybe each squad could have a moderator ? That way any player that takes the squad tag without formally joining (bad luck 132) can have the tag removed and it gets more mods out there the game is riddled with gobshytes at the moment ! .

Or maybe he fly a volvo v70 :)

Calle is a good player

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34518

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 744

ZandorHawke wrote: Because the last two posts leave me a little lacking when it comes to witty repartee AND I'm at work, I decided to do some math (knowing this put me in violation of Rule 7). (And in case someone posts between those posts and mine, let me be clear that I am calling out SheiBe Kopf and Oedius!)

With the understanding that I probably missed someone, Squadron MOM makes-up 10% of the top 100 players. That's 10 divided by 100, which means you have to put a point on the top line (result) and add a trailing zero to the numerator so that it's 100 divided by 100 or 1 so if you factor in the point it goes to point 1 or 10% (oh, who am I kidding...I used a calculator).

Now, I'm not close to the top 100 (yet), but I feel like I have contributed to their success by dying frequently.

Tidbit 1 - Big Tex appears to be listed twice in our member list. Having twice the member probably makes the wife happy. :woohoo:

Tidbit 2 - Why do we have "Players to be Named Later" on the list? Are there trades pending?

Tidbit 3 - Just read Devil's post below. Adding Calle would mess up my math. I'm fine with this but give me a week to run the new numbers.

There is no "calling out" in M.O.M... We are all equally at fault (almost)... Well, it wasn't ME Zandor, it was oedius (I saw him do what ever it was he or we did, it was all him) he will confess I am sure.. :unsure: :unsure:

I fixed the Double Tex.. It sure seems like theres two of him sometimes.!!

The Player to be Named Later thing really doesn't mean anything right now but may later.. Just keep an eye on those spots in the future ;) ;)

And you are in violation of Rule 7 unless you can tell us the percentage of members in the top 200??? :P :P

And I also am adding to the top 100's ratings by religiously dieing for the M.O.M cause (what ever that cause is) (CAKE, I think?).. If you and I see each other we can shoot each other down until one of us reaches the top 100..

If oedious didn't do it, I think it was Jimmy the Lip...

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34523

• Oedius Momicus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • MOLON LABE!
In the immortal words of my all time hero, Curly, "I'm a victim of circumstance"! :silly:

Really though, my post at the top of this page was a "response" to Wigbomb's post at bottom of page right before this one. Normally, I would have included quote of post that I was replying to. But, since that post was fairly large, I thought I would save spacea by not including original quote. What I didn't count on was the 2 posts being separated by different pages. Whew! Clear as mud, right? :blink:

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34527

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

oedius wrote: In the immortal words of my all time hero, Curly, "I'm a victim of circumstance"! :silly:

See Zandor, An admission of guilt... Moe second it, and Larry abstained.... :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34528

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
As you can see, M.O.M's Rule...

AS you can see by the well placed 30MM bullet holes.. This screen shot was the last thing I did before eating snow...

Last edit: by SheiBe Kopf.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34529

• KTtheo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
great shot
all those MOM,s

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34530

• Doghouse666
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 108

bopes wrote:

Doghouse666 wrote: p.s. don't turn your back on bopes (he'll shoot you).

Heh. Sorry about that Doghouse. I think you're talking about that dogfight match we were in last night. I realized after I shot you that (I think) you wanted help going after a tank spawn killer, no? Only I didn't see the tank until too late!

Anyway, the mission I suck worst at is dogfight mode so I'm a fairly easy target for payback. Can never seem to stay interested long enough to get to 15 kills first. The idea of teaming up with squad mates does sound like it might make things more interesting in dogfight mode. We need an easy-to-remember in-game code word for it though. I propose "YFMLNSEOFABSWCWTUQAGBTABTBOBTCG!" it stands for "yo! Fellow MOMs, let's not shoot each other for a bit so we can wrap this up quickly and get back to a bomb the base or bomb the carrier game!" That should do it (and the kids think we can't text!)

Re the issue of people flying the MOM tag uninvited, how do we prevent that and/or how do we deal with it after it happens? I mean are there any consequences besides being called out on it? I think the practical consequence should be that a player who isn't listed on the squads official roster can't play squad wars (whenever that happens).

No problem bopes! just poking fun. We should have a code for dfm games. maybe the code should stem from the dirty Hungarian phrase book...like "take off your panties sir William, I cannot wait till lunch time!". or something like that, any way I digress. we definitely should talk to z and slender about the counterfeit moms(probably other squads are having issue. I have seen fake falcons before).

You can fit a square peg in a round hole, but you can't polish a turd.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34532

• junkhole61
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 238

Doghouse666 wrote: "take off your panties sir William, I cannot wait till lunch time!".

Yer killing me Doghouse666! Karma point for you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Doghouse666

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34533

• Oedius Momicus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • MOLON LABE!
Was just in game with ktheo, Dentinhead, DXP29. I must apologize for my truely dismal performance and I promise to redeem myself. :dry: I know, maybe should not be listening to the news while dogfighting? It's probably a miracle that I didn't shoot myself! :S

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34535

• KTtheo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
lol
i did wonder what was going on oedius,lol
you were multi tasking something my wife thinks i can't do lol
good game thought bud we won in the end it was a bit of a mission when dxp
kevy turned up.
good to see 3 MOM on one side
see you in the skies :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34537

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

SheiBe Kopf wrote:

Welcome to The Official M.O.M Thread.

====================================
To join the actual squadron, go here:
www.dogfightplay.com/management/squadmgnt/
+++
To give yourself a Squad-Tag (so we may properly identify ourselves in game), go here .

=============================================

Current Members
Quality not Quantity

SheiBe Kopf/ScheiBe Kopf
B Strachan
Dentinhead
.Wigbomb
dogss
Farcanal/farkinell
btschuman/[M.O.M]beatea
Bopes
Seattle
Big Tex
HatinRing
Paul Mantz, Jr./Paul[MOM]tz,Jr
ktheo
SB467
iQQi
Mavrk12
oedius
Gary-the-Pink
hansone
whitenow
Gaavster
Dannydrooler
Player To Be Named Later
FatBob
ZanderHawke
EddieRickenbaker
felabad
LD Dutchkiller
new jersey devil/mean ole devil
Galahad
Nazis
Sparky8977
Trigger
Fredneck
Doghouse666/doghouse
Chanoc
Cloudbuster
BLACHAWK
Junkhole61
salento/B-9101
Snoopy II
polishbob
Capt. Motebon
Player To Be Named Later
MBello
Duckwing 1

These are the current confirmed members. If you are a member and wish to be listed, please respond accordingly in this thread.
=============================================

Official Rules and Owner’s Manual for your 2012 MOM LX5000

The following rules are to be adhered to on pain of death or something really serious:

Rule 1 – There are no rules in M.O.M.

Rule 2 – There is no lying in M.O.M.

Rule 3 – Rule 2 is a lie.

Rule 4 – No member of M.O.M. will engage in team killing (shooting at members of his own team) spawn killing (shooting at the comic book character Spawn) or spawn raping (we don’t recommend raping anyone but if you must, we recommend you try to rape Spawn. Give us a heads up first so we can come watch.) We regard these practices as craven, dishonorable, weak, gutless, moronic and none of us engages in any of them more than once or twice per mission.

Rule 5 – Language: we encourage the use of language in M.O.M. Hand gestures don’t work so hot online.

Rule 7 – Math was our favorite subject to skip in school so we could go out back and have us a smoke of...we mean, do some independent horticultural research. Education is a wonderful thing. But really, the computer site gizmo keeps track of your kills so who needs it?

Rule 8 – Any member who doesn’t show up on time for his shift will be docked a half day’s pay.

Rule 9 – All members of M.O.M. must be courteous and polite to fellow players. Say “Thank you so much” after shooting someone down. If it happens to be a player you despise, say, “Thank you so much you miserable mother f*cking son of a b*tch.” Then strafe him in his chute.

Rule 10 – All members will adhere to the M.O.M. Principles of Flight, as follows:
Fly at least a little above the ground.
Shoot the red guys.
Bomb stuff.
Have some cake.

Age and Other Requirements for Membership in M.O.M.:

Pilots applying for squadron membership must be between the ages of 21 and 174. Unless you’re really, really good. Then you can be 3 and we wouldn’t give a rat’s ascot.
For the most part M.O.M. pilots are in their 30’s, 40’s, 50’s, 60’s, 70’s after which point we forget how to count that high or what we just had for lunch. It looked like it used to be peas.

Anyone of any age may apply to join M.O.M. A select few underage pilots will be admitted as “Prodigy” members and treated like dirt. You can get even by treating your own kids like dirt when you’re as old as most members of M.O.M.

Applications will be subject to review by the M.O.M. Board of Admissions, consisting of dogss, B Strachan, Dentinhead, SheiBe Kopf. Wigbomb and an albino raccoon called Jimmy the Lip. In case of a 3-3 tie the applicant him/herself will have the tie breaking vote.

Applications should be submitted in the form of a hand written email on standard 8.5x11 paper with decorations in either poster paint, colored pencil, crayon or the blood of a virgin. Some form of death and/or ice hockey must be incorporated into the imagery. A forum post containing the words, “Hey you old clowns, can I join?” will also be acceptable.

Bribery is encouraged and will almost certainly get you in. Cash is preferred but hookers, crack, liquor, DVD’s or virgins (with blood still intact) will be considered. Strachan likes a nice redhead and SheiBe prefers a vintage Chardonnay. The rest of us aren’t that particular.

If you believe in the notion that a game can be played with mutual respect in the spirit of friendly competition and a healthy hatred of Lady GaGa, write and tell us. Above all M.O.M. is dedicated to the having of fun. Even if it means killing you. There isn’t much we wouldn’t do for a laugh, and seeing you die is fairly high on the list. Become one of us or risk utter and complete annihilation at the hands and feet of M.O.M. Or, y’know, just, um, like…don’t. That’d be cool, too.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34546

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hello all, I know I am the biggest offender of posting BS on here.. I will try to curtail it if possible..

Now... I need everyone or atleast those who can read, to check the roster below. Check for spellings. Do I have your Forum/In-game name correct or at all... Am I missing anyone anything? Let me know..

What is the status of Callie? I see the name being thrown around as IN. I am fine with Callie. How about everyone else ( Dent, Wig, Strach, Dogss) have not seen them chime in yet?

What is the status of Pretty Kitty?

Are we going to recruit Wino, Ziegler ? Any others you have in mind.

I kind of like hearing other squads saying," I was shot down by a Wino M.O.M today" Has kind of a M.O.M Squdron ring to it.

Oops sorry about the BS...

Let me know, and check the list for errors please

Over and out...

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34550

• new jersey devil
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 673
SheiBe Kopf, Calle said that he would check our fourm out and get with us...Pretty Kitty she is one mean player..she kicks major ass...Wino is a very good player also...mean ole devil out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SheiBe Kopf

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34563

• Trigger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Dork, hiker, boatbuilder, master marksman, dork!
  • Thank you received: 100
Good lord! I went to check the forum and I had to catch up on 13 pages worth! Guess that goes to show that I need to read up on the tread a bit more often. Just wanted to say that I have been enjoying flying with all of you and love it when I get it game with a bunch of MOMs in the air. (all the others are in the snow or on their way down) Wig... Hope you don't mind that I took some libertys with your artwork to turn it into my own. I tried to change my avatar and it won't even allow me to change it to a default image, let alone pick an image off of my computer or online... Not sure what is going on there, so I made it into my signature.

To all the other regular posters, I have a blast reading all of the comments. Thank you

Now it is time to grab a beer, a shotgun, and head on to the porch to yell at the neighborhood kids to get the hell off my grass! Pesky damn kids.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34564

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Was in game tonight with said, "Feline Fetale".. She had 31 kills.. These boys were calling her every "C & B" word they could think of.. She just quietly kicked their 12 year old aZZes... Never said one word. Just racked up kill after kill.. I don't know if we need her or not ??? :P :P :pinch: :pinch:

She got me 3 times before I got her once.. ( I know, whats new!) :lol: :pinch:

Some one talk to her.. She won't talk while she's killing.. Is she affiliated to another Squad? She had some scrambled egg stufff above her. I don't know what some of this garbage means..

Last edit: by SheiBe Kopf.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34567

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Trigger,
If you can get that Signature banner out of there, your text will go back to normal.. Wig will be coming out with new banners soon. Maybe you can modify his when it becomes available..??

You can reduce that puppy on Photobucket.. Maybe by atleast half..

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34581

• Trigger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Pretty sure I just fixed it. it showed up fine on my apple devices, but not on my PC. weird. thanks for the heads up on that.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34620

• Trigger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
A special thanks goes out to Junk, who last night properly followed rule 9 and thanked me each time he removed my plane from the air. He even reminded me of the rule number as I floated down to the ground. I couldn't stop laughing as he was posting "thank you" each time one of my blue team mates splashed.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34623

• bopes
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1481
Shatner's Bassoon update:

Fark and I spoke with him in game this morning. I told him to join MOM. He thought he already did. But he wasn't flying the tag in game. I told him to go to page 1 of the thread where he would find the instructions, as well as "whiskey in the drawer", according to Fark. :)

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34624

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

bopes wrote: Shatner's Bassoon update:

Fark and I spoke with him in game this morning. I told him to join MOM. He thought he already did. But he wasn't flying the tag in game. I told him to go to page 1 of the thread where he would find the instructions, as well as "whiskey in the drawer", according to Fark. :)

Thanks Bopes... Forgot Shatners Bassoon, Tell Him I'm sorry..I guess I didn't go back far enough looking for "Players to be named later". Maybe he will post when he gets joined (is that correct grammar?) and let us know?

This is the first I have heard about "whiskey in the drawer".?? But I'm slow :huh:

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34625

• MaVrk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 426

oedius wrote: Was just in game with ktheo, Dentinhead, DXP29. I must apologize for my truely dismal performance and I promise to redeem myself. :dry: I know, maybe should not be listening to the news while dogfighting? It's probably a miracle that I didn't shoot myself! :S

Don't feel so bad Oedi. I was in a game yesterday with Dog, Bstrachan, the new recruit Guidas, and another MOM squad (my short term memory sucks) and I royally sucked arse!! I mean I couldn't hit anything. I tried to be sneaky and take a round about route but the back door was closed by Guidas and Bstrachan. The game was a stalemate. It was me, Dog, and I think a 111th, against B, KC, and Guidas. It was great game for everyone else, except me. :angry: Like Oedi, I must apologize for my lack of perfomance. I'll redeem myself next time.

By the way, Guidas is a great pilot!! Another great player in the game was KCChiefs. Not sure how old he/she is but he was MOP (mean ole pilot). He's not affiliated with another squad but it would be good to recruit him/her, that is, if he/she meets the minimum requirements, if any!?!

This is why I'm NOT a MORAF!!

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34628

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Thank you received: 2736
my panties are on fire......

Moderators: WigbombCricketDoggy Dix
Time to create page: 0.989 seconds