The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34942

• salento
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 60

. Wigbomb wrote: Here's the banner deal, kids:

Go to Photobucket.com
locate album title MOMsquadron
(if I neglected to make it public I can't right now but the password I'd jimmythelip)
Find your banner (I haven't titled them yet, no time...I'll do it asap)
click it to expand the image.
click it again.
mouse over it and choose "share" (I think)
from there choose "other options"
click the "copy link code" tab.
find "save IMG for forums" or whatever it's called.
copy the link in the "full size" box.
paste that into your Profile/Profile Info/Signature box.
Save.
Kiss your mom.

If I missed a step or screwed this up it's cuz I'm in a diner in Brooklyn working from memory. Memory not being my strong suit lately, but I think this is right.

Anyone need a name corrected or can't find your banner, let me know.

wig

Thx Wigbomb, for my signature.
to save some of you some time i quote luna6.
You need to put a link to the picture, and put [imgREMOVE][/imgREMOVE] on both sides of the link. Erase the 'REMOVE's.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34945

• DoGss
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1477
Guys just copy and paste the image link on the right of your banner. No need for that remove remone bs

Double click its tje fourth one down it says image link copy paste
A man with any character at all must have enemies and places he is not welcome...

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34950

• Wigbomb
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Flarf
  • Thank you received: 5075
Thanks for all the...um...y'know...thanks. I appreciate all the appreciation.

The banners on Photobucket are all now named and easy to differentiate.

I glean from previous posts that I should be adding a Marko99 banner to the batch, yes? Anyone else since I blinked? Do we know yet if prettykitty is in?

I've pitched Rickenfaker at least twice, in detail, in-game. He does seem to still be adhering to his "lone wolf" policy. As I've said, he was clearly impressed with what he knew about M.O.M, he's well suited in terms of age, talent and niceguyness, and.based on my experience playing both with and against him I'd take him over almost any other player we don't already have in the group. But just as with any member of an existing squad I respect his choice to remain un-MOMed. For now. If he holds out too long I'm telling Jimmy to eat off his face. Raccoons will eat anything...I just passed one on Broadway (no joke!) dining on yesterday's trash at the curb and he barely budged when I walked by. Fearlessness in the face of stale foodtruck tacos...this, my friends, is the spirit of M.O.M.

Wigipedia
The following user(s) said Thank You: new jersey devil

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34954

• DoGss
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1477

. Wigbomb wrote: Thanks for all the...um...y'know...thanks. I appreciate all the appreciation.

The banners on Photobucket are all now named and easy to differentiate.

I glean from previous posts that I should be adding a Marko99 banner to the batch, yes? Anyone else since I blinked? Do we know yet if prettykitty is in?

I've pitched Rickenfaker at least twice, in detail, in-game. He does seem to still be adhering to his "lone wolf" policy. As I've said, he was clearly impressed with what he knew about M.O.M, he's well suited in terms of age, talent and niceguyness, and.based on my experience playing both with and against him I'd take him over almost any other player we don't already have in the group. But just as with any member of an existing squad I respect his choice to remain un-MOMed. For now. If he holds out too long I'm telling Jimmy to eat off his face. Raccoons will eat anything...I just passed one on Broadway (no joke!) dining on yesterday's trash at the curb and he barely budged when I walked by. Fearlessness in the face of stale foodtruck tacos...this, my friends, is the spirit of M.O.M.

Hey Thanks! Thanks again. Seriously thanks.

I mean it Thank You.
A man with any character at all must have enemies and places he is not welcome...

The following user(s) said Thank You: Wigbomb

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34955

• Wigbomb
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Flarf
Why We Fly

Wigipedia
Attachments:

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34958

• BStrachan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 650

. Wigbomb wrote: Why We Fly

B) very cool!!!

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34965

• new jersey devil
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 673
Wig ,That photo is the best....lmao....mean ole devil :evil: :evil: :evil:

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34971

• Wigbomb
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Flarf
Has anyone ever pitched BLOBULARZ? Thoughts and opinions?

Also, I just played several missions with
Psicotapas
Jose.Luna
MissHell

MissHell is only 22, an up and comer...the other two are pretty much already there. We'll need to field their inquiries with our Spanish Recruitment Detail, they neither of them don't got no English howsoever. One was asking me all kinda questions about "escuaderos" or something...I just kept replying, "SI." Hey, it looked like it worked, he'll probably want to join. Either that or I have a date with a Spanish dude. Geez...at least I hope he's cute...

Wigipedia

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34972

• bopes
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1481
Blobarz rocks as a player. Ditto for Jose.luna. Miss Hell I've seen but not enough to form an opinion, except I like the name. Not familiar with psicotapas.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34977

• BStrachan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 650

B) ok here's the deal. I was playing a game with the player with the name of. . . And I found out its a she from Japan and is 27 year old nurse. And she also asked if she could join M.O.M. Just wanted to know wat u guys thought. :evil:

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34980

• beatea
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 729

B Strachan wrote: B) ok here's the deal. I was playing a game with the player with the name of. . . And I found out its a she from Japan and is 27 year old nurse. And she also asked if she could join M.O.M. Just wanted to know wat u guys thought. :evil:

...not to seem overly exclusive, but with my eyesight I've got serious issues with no-names who rack up kills with the cloak of invisibility...if ya'll like what you see there, ask her to get a name if she's gonna be a MOM...

...for whateverr my two cents are worth. beatea :dry:

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34982

• bopes
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

btschuman wrote:

B Strachan wrote: B) ok here's the deal. I was playing a game with the player with the name of. . . And I found out its a she from Japan and is 27 year old nurse. And she also asked if she could join M.O.M. Just wanted to know wat u guys thought. :evil:

...not to seem overly exclusive, but with my eyesight I've got serious issues with no-names who rack up kills with the cloak of invisibility...if ya'll like what you see there, ask her to get a name if she's gonna be a MOM...

...for whateverr my two cents are worth. beatea :dry:

Well, once she joins she'll be flying the giant MOM tag which should help. I vote in. BANZAI!!

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34986

• Oedius Momicus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • MOLON LABE!
  • Thank you received: 346
27 yr old woman.....hmmmmm.....oh, uh...Hey, couldn't we use a "Squadron Medic"? ;)

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34987

• MaVrk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 426
I agree with Strachan and Bopes. She's got my vote.

I had to look at the roster this morning to familiarize myself with the current members. Looks like, as of today, there are 46 confirmed and active squad members!!!! And still growing!!! That's a lot of mean ole farts playing this game. |\/|

This is why I'm NOT a MORAF!!

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34988

• MaVrk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

oedius wrote: 27 yr old woman.....hmmmmm.....oh, uh...Hey, couldn't we use a "Squadron Medic"? ;)

That's funny Oedi!!

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34989

• ZandorHawke
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The second most famous 'Z' in the game!
  • Thank you received: 539
Couple of points...

I also have an issue with no names. It will help to have the MOM banner overhead, but I would prefer that they created a name. Having said that, and to continue in my stance of the less rules the better, I wouldn't force it. The game allows it...we should correct the game rather then trying to correct individual behavoir.

With regards to ANY women of legal age that wants to be assoicated with old guys, WHY WOULD WE PREVENT THIS IN ANY WAY!?!?!? Automatic entry as far as I'm concerned! They don't speak English? Heck doesn't that make them the perfect woman?
http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w502/MOMsquadron/banner_zandorhawke3_zpsa2e87126
The following user(s) said Thank You: BStrachan

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34991

• bopes
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
BTW I promised Rickenfaker that we would supply him with German beer if he joined, so here it is:

You have no more excuses, 'faker. JOIN!

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34992

• bopes
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
oh, and here's the whiskey in the second drawer down . . .

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34994

• Oedius Momicus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • MOLON LABE!
I'm sure it was just an oversite but, you forgot the other half... :)

Attachments:

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34997

• Wigbomb
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Flarf
Brian, is that the same player, no name, with just two periods separated by several spaces, like this?

. .

There are so many variations out there now that all these kids are onto the trick, but she - assuming it's the same one - is the first I became aware of, and still the best. I've been calling her "Dots" in-game for quite a while. I vote her in, with the provision that we at least ask, not demand, that she consider a name change. Maybe like beatea, [M.O.M]. .

psicotapas is at roughly the level Jose.Luna was a month ago. They were trading off obliterating enemies about the way we plan to do when we team up in DF missions. MissHell's a bit newer and less proven - and only 22 - but I liked her/his style and copious quantities of kills were collapsing at the cuffs of her culottes. I mean...she shot a sh*tload of people down. Certainly worth a look if she asks to join.

Wigipedia

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #35007

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Thank you received: 2736
I am all for women in. Like I said in the beginning of the thread...Put a squiggly or something on top of the last M. It's completely up to the women.. :)

If this get's me laughed at again..so be it...My wife has the better job and is most likely smarter than I am......It's the way I gotta roll....she let's me buy toy's :)

Last edit: by Dentinhead.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #35023

• bopes
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

dentinhead wrote: I am all for women in. Like I said in the beginning of the thread...Put a squiggly or something on top of the last M. It's completely up to the women.. :)

If this get's me laughed at again..so be it...My wife has the better job and is most likely smarter than I am......It's the way I gotta roll....she let's me buy toy's :)

I propose renaming the squad M.M.O.M.M. or M².O.M².

It stands for Mr., Mrs. Or Ms. Magoo.

Those too young to understand the reference are probably not squad material. :)

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #35028

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
LOL bopes...... just the last M with the 2 might work........It's up to the women and squad...

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #35042

• Wigbomb
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Flarf
If you knuckleheads think I'm changing that logo in every graphic I've made so far - even if Adriana Lima, Kate Beckinsale and Charlize Theron wanted to join - you are utterly and completely nutz!

I'll create a separate version of the avatar I use that'll say " mean old ma'ams" or "mean old misses" or "MOM's Ovarian Members", problem solved.

They're joining the squad fulla grown men, they aren't looking for gender parity, they're looking to kill with the best. And, ideally, if any one of them happens to live in New York, she's looking to get laid. Oh, no no no, not for me! Heh heh...I, uh...ya see, I have this friend, and...well..he's a really decent, caring, sensitive guy who just wants to listen while she talks about her feelings. His name...is...um...Wibgomb. Terribly handsome bloke, as well. My friend, I mean, nothing at all to do with me, nope. (six'll getcha ten I just scared off every 27 year old Japanese nurse in the game)

Wigipedia

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #35048

• Oedius Momicus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • MOLON LABE!
Does anyone here have success dogfighting with 3G? Wifi has been out all week here at work. I tried playing a couple of carrier capture games on my Verizon 3G and I finally had to stop before my head blew off (sorry Wigbomb :) ). I wonder how much better 4G is because 3G is not even worth it especially if you have someone on opposing team like Callie!!! :ohmy: who I just helped with his kill count tremendously. I was fighting phantoms! :S

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #35049

• new jersey devil
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 673
Hey Bo :ohmy: pes sorry for not staying in games earlier this morning...Nature called big time.....lol.....mean ole devil..
:evil:

Last edit: by new jersey devil.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #35055

• MaVrk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

oedius wrote: Does anyone here have success dogfighting with 3G? Wifi has been out all week here at work. I tried playing a couple of carrier capture games on my Verizon 3G and I finally had to stop before my head blew off (sorry Wigbomb :) ). I wonder how much better 4G is because 3G is not even worth it especially if you have someone on opposing team like Callie!!! :ohmy: who I just helped with his kill count tremendously. I was fighting phantoms! :S

Hey Oedi, I don't remember where you're from but around here, Wichita, KS, I have great 3G service (verizon). That's what I mainly use. However, lately, I have experienced some lag. I thought maybe it was the 3G service so I switched over to wifi. Same story. So I think it might be the server. That's just a guess. I'm not an expert.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #35059

• bopes
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

. Wigbomb wrote: If you knuckleheads think I'm changing that logo in every graphic I've made so far - even if Adriana Lima, Kate Beckinsale and Charlize Theron wanted to join - you are utterly and completely nutz!

Heh, I was being facetious there, wig. The logo is fine as is. It can be spun to suit anyone.

Re: 3G. I think that's what my phone is (the Apple with Siri, had to shut down siri's motion activation cause she kept interrupting my games). The lameness of 3G would explain the in-game jitters I get every time I'm out of wi-fi range.

Mean ole: not a problem. I got my ass kicked without you, though, whether you were on my team or not.

Meanwhile, here's a few good players I've encountered recently, don't know their squad affiliation or inclination, if any:

93 (an ace, mercilessly efficient killing machine!);
zouzou (not high rank but flew skillfully);
Korea Air Force (well known to many, I'd bet; awesome flyer)

Last edit: by bopes.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #35060

• Oedius Momicus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • MOLON LABE!
You may be correct Mavrk because I also had to wait a few times because of "server full, try again later" message.
I always try to check my phone's task manager before playing and kill all unecessary apps. And when I check phone's settings under "manage apps" I have been showing "838MB used" and "1.2GB free". Isn't that more than enough RAM to easily play Dogfight without any problems?
A Verizon guy once told me to never use more than half of phone's internal memory or there will be noticably less performance. BTW, I have have a Droidx2 which is dual core.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #35062

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
LMAO Wig........My panties are on fire again..... :woohoo:

Moderators: WigbombCricketDoggy Dix
Time to create page: 1.088 seconds