Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33803

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 744

oedius wrote: One more thing, I want to thank Wigbomb again for all those truely amazing banners! They are very creative and beautiful! I could not be more proud of mine.
And thank you SheiBe Kof and everyone else for all of your hard work and dedication to this squadron.

welcome... Karma for you...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oedius Momicus

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33805

• bopes
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1481
Ditto!

BTW I was just in a game where (I think) felabad was recruiting ace Spanish pilots like mad. (a good thing :) ) Anyway someone mentioned Dog Fight (the game) was created in Spain. Is this true? If so that explains why there are so many killer Spanish players.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33806

• beatea
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 729
SheiBe,

...just to be sure: in-game name is now [M.O.M.] beatea; forum name is btschuman...thx

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33809

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

btschuman wrote: SheiBe,

...just to be sure: in-game name is now [M.O.M.] beatea; forum name is btschuman...thx

The M.O.M logo is to the left of your callsign? Not on top?

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33814

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

oedius wrote: One more thing, I want to thank Wigbomb again for all those truely amazing banners! They are very creative and beautiful! I could not be more proud of mine.
And thank you SheiBe Kof and everyone else for all of your hard work and dedication to this squadron.

I was able to make the Banner a little bigger, oedius.. In photobucket, edit the photo, change the size to 218x148 and see if it comes out the same as mine.. and use the IMG.Thumb..???

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33815

• Oedius Momicus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • MOLON LABE!
  • Thank you received: 346
Ok SheiBe Kopf. I definately plan on working with my photobucket account this weekend including their new mobile app. ;)

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33820

• Fela ~ ~ ~bad
  • Thank you received: 67
Bopes. In the game I was talking to MBello. He es a very good player and always show respect for others players. He told me he would like to join us and I invite him to see our thread and if he join us that would be a great addition to our squadron. Remember you asked me about a player of name daga. I know a good player Felipe daga or Felipe Dagger. There is another player. Daga Ne
gra but I don't know so much about him. About the game made in Spain ,I only know that Joaquin Grench is spaniard...

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33827

• bopes
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

felabad wrote: Bopes. In the game I was talking to MBello. He es a very good player and always show respect for others players. He told me he would like to join us and I invite him to see our thread and if he join us that would be a great addition to our squadron. Remember you asked me about a player of name daga. I know a good player Felipe daga or Felipe Dagger. There is another player. Daga Ne
gra but I don't know so much about him. About the game made in Spain ,I only know that Joaquin Grench is spaniard...

MBello has my vote! Awesome player!

Re daga, just before you joined that dogfight match there was a player whose in-game name was something like " [ ]daga ". He was an air marshal or something. Anyway for a bit it was just him vs me and I was dying to go head to head but I couldn't find him! Anyway no English but a good player. The brackets before his name made me wonder if he's in a squad already.

Also, you mentioned pretty kitty in game. If she wants in she's in in my book! She's kicked my ass any number of times. The cognitive dissonance of being killed repeatedly by a cute fluffy animal is disturbing but effective. :)

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33830

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

bopes wrote:

felabad wrote: Bopes. In the game I was talking to MBello. He es a very good player and always show respect for others players. He told me he would like to join us and I invite him to see our thread and if he join us that would be a great addition to our squadron. Remember you asked me about a player of name daga. I know a good player Felipe daga or Felipe Dagger. There is another player. Daga Ne

Re daga, just before you joined that dogfight match there was a player whose in-game name was something like " [ ]daga ". He was an air marshal or something. Anyway for a bit it was just him vs me and I was dying to go head to head but I couldn't find him! Anyway no English but a good player. The brackets before his name made me wonder if he's in a squad already.

Also, you mentioned pretty kitty in game. If she wants in she's in in my book! She's kicked my ass any number of times. The cognitive dissonance of being killed repeatedly by a cute fluffy animal is disturbing but effective. :)

MBello has my vote, has my vote also..

There's another woman playing, Something like Army Girl ?? Don't remember exactly. BUT, the few times I have seen her. All she chats about is her husband or boyfriend cheating on her..?? Have not seen pretty kitty... Jimmy the Lip would go for her though!!!!

Last edit: by SheiBe Kopf.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33832

• Doghouse666
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 108

SheiBe Kopf wrote:

. Wigbomb wrote: I'll need solid confirmation on names, spelling, etc.

Since my last batch of banners here's who I know off the top of my head:

Cloudbuster
Sparky (confirm any name change, Spark)
Chacon
PolishBob
B-9101
Snoopy II (unofficial)
Blackhawk (confirm spelling)
Doghouse666
Junkhole61
Shatner's Bassoon (no idea)

SheiBe, are you keeping track any better than I am? I'm sure I'm leaving some out.

Oh, thanks for all the b'day wishes and for the words of encouragement. You guys are the real deal. I just shot down TheVampire then blew his undead ass to bits tank on tank. So I guess maybe I don't suck after all. Unless you count the previous four times he swatted me like a gnat without mussing his hair...

Wig and all:
Slenderman advised me that I need Forum Name and In-Game Name BOTH, IF, THEY ARE DIFFERENT.. I have been doing Forum more than playing lately and I am hardly seeing anyone I recognize.. So, Let me know what all the NAMES you guys are using. AND the correct spelling (lower case/Uppercase, etc).

Wig, There are allkinds of (Blackhawk names out there) ours is BLAKHAWK. I was in game with him last night. Doghouse666 ingame is doghouse.. In the thread I saw B-9101.. The others are going to have to varify..

Thanks... and bopes, Don't you ever sleep? I see you here all hours of day and night..

Haha! Thats like saying, "you are such a drunk...I see you at the bar every night!"

You can fit a square peg in a round hole, but you can't polish a turd.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33833

• Wigbomb
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Flarf
  • Thank you received: 5075
The aspect ratio I chose for the banners is partly responsible for why they're a little challenging to implement. Closer to square than to traditional "panorama" short, wide banner shape makes them not fit the available space and still be quite as readable as they should. I wanted ours to be instantly, visually differentiated from anything any other squadrons have, just as we, as players, are. Making the banners look more like business cards struck me as funny, as well. So we'll all still have those and, as soon as they're finished, we'll also have versions that display more clearly in the bottom of the text box here. Assuming that's what we're talking about. If the issue is with the personal avatar graphics I can, and intend to anyway, design some selections from which you can all choose. Note how all I did with mine was take the main insignia and crop tight to the middle of the flying heart tattoo with our name. S'what I mean. I haven't had a chance to A/B compare anyone's banner as posted and/or resized so far. I will, but feel free to clarify for me any specific changes or requests you might have, it's a snap to crank these things out once the master graphic has been built and I want you guys happy with your new "picture ID"!

Fredneck, sorry, I realized too late that I'd omitted you from my list of new members. You're a credit to this motley mob and a full fledged member of our dysfunctionally functioning MOMocracy, welcome to you and the rest of our great new comrades!

Speaking of which, I've been on the point of offering up Capt. Montebon's name for consideration several times after flying with him and it always slips through the crack (not dent) in my head. So yes, absolutely, the Cap has my vote. Same thing happened with Junkhole61 but I think I might actually have mentioned him a while back.

SheiBe, I believe Farcanal's in-game name is Farkinell. (two L's, or just one, Farc? I can't confirm from my phone but SheiBe, just scroll the Top 100 Super Aces list, you'll see him there.) This reminds me, I am going to change all banners to show in-game, not forum, names as soon as we have the new corrected list.

Thought you might like this story: last night Felabad and I were in a Dogfight mission together. We had only just started duking it out when Fela mentioned a spawnkilling tank jockey back at base. I suggested we team up and teach him a lesson like only a MOM could. When we got there he'd moved to another spot but Fela and I just remained a two-MOM patrol, covering each other's backs, blowing down planes like sharks in a feeding frenzy! I was getting some of the worst lag I've ever seen and still scored 14 or 15 often without even seeing any enemies on screen until they were directly in my face. Fela topped me, of course, he's death on wheels...but despite all the fun we have talking about - and acting upon - showing fellow MOM-mates no mercy, this was something special. A small taste of what it will be like if/when Squadron Battles is introduced into the game. Fela and I were MOM vs. The World and this not entirely corny sense of brotherhood was very clear, and very cool. I suspect all of you who've served in the military or law enforcement know exactly what I mean. As an old pacifist, anti-gun, tree hugging hippie/punk I was still struck by the spirit of it. All that from a little video game app. But really it's from banding together with this remarkable crew, as diverse and geographically scattered as we are. Felabad, thanks for covering my tail. I highly recommend you all try the same thing if you wind up in a Dogfight mission with a brother in MOM. I swear I could sense the respect (fear?) in every other player in that mission the moment I said to Fela, "Let's team up..." I think we, MOM, are resetting the bar for this entire 40k member strong community. Jimmy just gave me a thumbs up from his lounge chair on the deck outside. I think what he means is he's ready for me to freshen up his Sangria. Damn, that's one lazy ass albino raccoon...

Wigipedia
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fela ~ ~ ~bad

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33835

• bopes
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

SheiBe Kopf wrote:

bopes wrote:

MBello has my vote, has my vote also..

There's another woman playing, Something like Army Girl ?? Don't remember exactly. BUT, the few times I have seen her. All she chats about is her husband or boyfriend cheating on her..?? Have not seen pretty kitty... Jimmy the Lip would go for her though!!!!

Yeah I was wondering if army girl is yet another incarnation of kina.

Pretty kitty is an ace pilot. All business, no inappropriate conduct anty time I've played her. (assuming its a female player, don't know for certain :) ).

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33837

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Wig, I got it 2 L's in Farkinell.. Do you think Jimmy would be interested in pretty kitty?

Also, I think other non M.O.M players have a problem with Rule 9... Love it!!!

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33838

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yeah I was wondering if army girl is yet another incarnation of kina.

Pretty kitty is an ace pilot. All business, no inappropriate conduct anty time I've played her. (assuming its a female player, don't know for certain :) ).[/quote]

I know that Bunny Bunny is always talking that he's a girl.. Do we have to look up their flaps now and check their rudders??

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33841

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Did Jimmy ever dress up as ZORRO?

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33842

• Oedius Momicus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • MOLON LABE!
PrettyKitty is a great dogfighter. You had better be extra sharp if she is on opposing team! I love to kid around with her, to. :)

Mbello, also great dogfighter. Both of these folks would be great additions to our squadron. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33851

• DoGss
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1477
All those guys are in I play them all alot esp. Mbello.

Prettykitty hates me I play her alot she doesn't like getting shot down. I always say psssss kitty kitty kitty in game. She's in if she wants.
A man with any character at all must have enemies and places he is not welcome...

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33853

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

dogss wrote: All those guys are in I play them all alot esp. Mbello.

Prettykitty hates me I play her alot she doesn't like getting shot down. I always say psssss kitty kitty kitty in game. She's in if she wants.

Can't believe anyone would hate you dogss.. Maybe she saw that picture of you that was posted on another thread. Nice uhh, uhh, uhh,,,,,,, Kitchen by the way.. :)

Maybe it's a dogss and cats thing..? :lol:

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33856

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 6460
Just got back from a boat trip and got all joined up....I think.
My name in game will be Paul [MOM]tz, Jr. Fly with you soon.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33864

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Paul Mantz, Jr. wrote: Just got back from a boat trip and got all joined up....I think.
My name in game will be Paul [MOM]tz, Jr. Fly with you soon.

Great.. I will Change the Roster.. Does your call sign have all those spaces in there.. ? I can alwas change it again later too.. When you join the Squadron, it puts a M.O.M above your name.. You may be the most MOMed one out there... :)

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33868

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 6460
Just as it shows. I AM the "mother" of the MOMs.

Last edit: by Paul Mantz, Jr..

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33874

• beatea
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 729

SheiBe Kopf wrote:

...hey, they don't idiot proof this thing for us techno-phobes...anyone got step by step instructions so I can fix whatever I've scewed up here...? :blink:

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33875

• DoGss
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1477

SheiBe Kopf wrote:

dogss wrote: All those guys are in I play them all alot esp. Mbello.

Can't believe anyone would hate you dogss.. Maybe she saw that picture of you that was posted on another thread. Nice uhh, uhh, uhh,,,,,,, Kitchen by the way.. :)

Maybe it's a dogss and cats thing..? :lol:

Lol me and my dogss
A man with any character at all must have enemies and places he is not welcome...

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33878

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

btschuman wrote:

SheiBe Kopf wrote:

...hey, they don't idiot proof this thing for us techno-phobes...anyone got step by step instructions so I can fix whatever I've scewed up here...? :blink:

Just hang loose for a while. It may look pretty cool. We will check you out in th game.. Your deadly either way...

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33900

• Wigbomb
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Flarf
  • Thank you received: 5075
What I'm seeing happen with a couple of us is not uncommon, just a matter of personal choice; like all Squadron tags M.O.M appears on top, but as with many enigma, 111th, et al players they choose to append the squad name to the front of their player name as well. So instead of [e]Thisorthat or |111th|Whosis we have Paul [MOM]tz, Jr. (brilliant, Paul!) and [MOM] beatea. Double coverage of the squad isn't all that rare.

dogss, I just caught up with "psss kitty kitty kitty" and almost had another milk-out-the-nose moment!

Lemme just say, any squadron with members who can use "cognitive dissonance" in the context Bopes just did and as articulately as that is the squadron for me. The personality dynamics here are kinda miraculous, so many different types and walks of life with so much good will. F**k...I'm getting misty again. Jimmy has been expressing concern lately that I might be turning gay. Frankly, I wouldn't care but my girlfriend might...and I have my doubts about him, too.

Prettykitty: haven't played her, trust your judgement, in.

Mbello: why should I bother voting? He's obviously in.

Army Girl: I could be high (why should now be any different than any other time) but I thought I remembered seeing her in the same game with Velasgirl. Velasgirl is absolutely, without question, Kina. Several friends, and I, have reported her under both names. So Kina aka Army Girl? Maybe, but the nasty vibe didn't seem to be there with AG.

Rule 9: glad to see the rules are doing the job as designed. However, in an effort to avoid displeasing or offending anyone in the game, I urge you to do as follows...should someone complain about Rule 9 apologize for the inappropriateness of it, say, "No offense intended", splash his or her ass, then say, "We in MOM are all genuinely sorry we've trampled on your delicate sensibilities...you miserable m*th*r f*ck*ng son of a b*tch." Then apologetically strafe him/her in his/her chute. That should mollify any complaints. We want, above all, to preserve good relations with the other players we're slaughtering.

Wigipedia
The following user(s) said Thank You: BStrachan, Paul Mantz, Jr.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33901

• Farcanal
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 143
Yeah my in game name is farkinell. I changed it because of issues with major misinterpretation by homophobes was ruining my game.

I'm here to play dogfight ! ,Not try-to explain that my name means f@k*# H€|| ! Heh heh .

I haven't seen big tex in awhile maybe he got lucky with that Romanian gymnast ??
Flying as farkinell and numerous other unmentionables.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33904

• Fela ~ ~ ~bad
  • Thank you received: 67
Wig. I remember that dogfight. We were as a team and I felt that camaraderie and belonging to the MOM Squadron with proud. It is nice to be in a group of good and old fellas...

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33922

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Farcanal wrote: Yeah my in game name is farkinell. I changed it because of issues with major misinterpretation by homophobes was ruining my game.

I'm here to play dogfight ! ,Not try-to explain that my name means f@k*# H€|| ! Heh heh .

I haven't seen big tex in awhile maybe he got lucky with that Romanian gymnast ??

I actally live the closest to that gymnast... about 15 miles.. Too young for any of us.. ;)

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33923

• Oedius Momicus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • MOLON LABE!
I haven't seen big tex in awhile maybe he got lucky with that Romanian gymnast ??[/quote]

I actally live the closest to that gymnast... about 15 miles.. Too young for any of us.. ;)[/quote]

*sigh*........just joking! :)

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33924

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

SheiBe Kopf wrote:

Welcome to The Official M.O.M Thread.

====================================
To join the actual squadron, go here:
www.dogfightplay.com/management/squadmgnt/
+++
To give yourself a Squad-Tag (so we may properly identify ourselves in game), go here .

=============================================

Current Members
Quality not Quantity

SheiBe Kopf/ScheiBe Kopf
B Strachan
Dentinhead
.Wigbomb
dogss
Farcanal/farkinell
btschuman/[M.O.M]beatea
Bopes
Seattle
Big Tex
HatinRing
Paul Mantz, Jr./Paul[MOM]tz,Jr
ktheo
SB467
iQQi
Mavrk12
oedius
Big Tex
Gary-the-Pink
hansone
whitenow
Gaavster
Dannydrooler
Player To Be Named Later
FatBob
ZanderHawke
EddieRickenbaker
felabad
LD Dutchkiller
new jersey devil/mean ole devil
Galahad
Nazis
Sparky8977
Trigger
Fredneck
Doghouse666/doghouse
Chanoc
Cloudbuster
BLACHAWK
Junkhole61
salento/B-9101
Snoopy II
polishbob
Capt. Motebon
Player To Be Named Later

These are the current confirmed members. If you are a member and wish to be listed, please respond accordingly in this thread.
=============================================

Official Rules and Owner’s Manual for your 2012 MOM LX5000

The following rules are to be adhered to on pain of death or something really serious:

Rule 1 – There are no rules in M.O.M.

Rule 2 – There is no lying in M.O.M.

Rule 3 – Rule 2 is a lie.

Rule 4 – No member of M.O.M. will engage in team killing (shooting at members of his own team) spawn killing (shooting at the comic book character Spawn) or spawn raping (we don’t recommend raping anyone but if you must, we recommend you try to rape Spawn. Give us a heads up first so we can come watch.) We regard these practices as craven, dishonorable, weak, gutless, moronic and none of us engages in any of them more than once or twice per mission.

Rule 5 – Language: we encourage the use of language in M.O.M. Hand gestures don’t work so hot online.

Rule 7 – Math was our favorite subject to skip in school so we could go out back and have us a smoke of...we mean, do some independent horticultural research. Education is a wonderful thing. But really, the computer site gizmo keeps track of your kills so who needs it?

Rule 8 – Any member who doesn’t show up on time for his shift will be docked a half day’s pay.

Rule 9 – All members of M.O.M. must be courteous and polite to fellow players. Say “Thank you so much” after shooting someone down. If it happens to be a player you despise, say, “Thank you so much you miserable mother f*cking son of a b*tch.” Then strafe him in his chute.

Rule 10 – All members will adhere to the M.O.M. Principles of Flight, as follows:
Fly at least a little above the ground.
Shoot the red guys.
Bomb stuff.
Have some cake.

Age and Other Requirements for Membership in M.O.M.:

Pilots applying for squadron membership must be between the ages of 21 and 174. Unless you’re really, really good. Then you can be 3 and we wouldn’t give a rat’s ascot.
For the most part M.O.M. pilots are in their 30’s, 40’s, 50’s, 60’s, 70’s after which point we forget how to count that high or what we just had for lunch. It looked like it used to be peas.

Anyone of any age may apply to join M.O.M. A select few underage pilots will be admitted as “Prodigy” members and treated like dirt. You can get even by treating your own kids like dirt when you’re as old as most members of M.O.M.

Applications will be subject to review by the M.O.M. Board of Admissions, consisting of dogss, B Strachan, Dentinhead, SheiBe Kopf. Wigbomb and an albino raccoon called Jimmy the Lip. In case of a 3-3 tie the applicant him/herself will have the tie breaking vote.

Applications should be submitted in the form of a hand written email on standard 8.5x11 paper with decorations in either poster paint, colored pencil, crayon or the blood of a virgin. Some form of death and/or ice hockey must be incorporated into the imagery. A forum post containing the words, “Hey you old clowns, can I join?” will also be acceptable.

Bribery is encouraged and will almost certainly get you in. Cash is preferred but hookers, crack, liquor, DVD’s or virgins (with blood still intact) will be considered. Strachan likes a nice redhead and SheiBe prefers a vintage Chardonnay. The rest of us aren’t that particular.

If you believe in the notion that a game can be played with mutual respect in the spirit of friendly competition and a healthy hatred of Lady GaGa, write and tell us. Above all M.O.M. is dedicated to the having of fun. Even if it means killing you. There isn’t much we wouldn’t do for a laugh, and seeing you die is fairly high on the list. Become one of us or risk utter and complete annihilation at the hands and feet of M.O.M. Or, y’know, just, um, like…don’t. That’d be cool, too.

Last edit: by SheiBe Kopf.
Moderators: WigbombCricketDoggy Dix
Time to create page: 1.006 seconds