Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34631

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 744

dentinhead wrote: my panties are on fire......

Yesterday it was Laxatives, now today it's Panties?? I'm seeing a trend here :whistle: Definately a "Call In Sick" day.. also M.O.M does condone the use of either.. We welcome all Constipated Transvestites.. :woohoo:

I know more BS, I can't help it..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by SheiBe Kopf.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34632

• MaVrk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 426

SheiBe Kopf wrote:

dentinhead wrote: my panties are on fire......

Yesterday it was Laxatives, now today it's Panties?? I'm seeing a trend here :whistle: Definately a "Call In Sick" day.. also M.O.M does not condone the use of either.. We welcome all Constipated Transvestites.. :woohoo:

I know more BS, I can't help it..

My depends are on fire.....

This is why I'm NOT a MORAF!!

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34643

• MaVrk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

SheiBe Kopf wrote:

bopes wrote: Shatner's Bassoon update:

Fark and I spoke with him in game this morning. I told him to join MOM. He thought he already did. But he wasn't flying the tag in game. I told him to go to page 1 of the thread where he would find the instructions, as well as "whiskey in the drawer", according to Fark. :)

Thanks Bopes... Forgot Shatners Bassoon, Tell Him I'm sorry..I guess I didn't go back far enough looking for "Players to be named later". Maybe he will post when he gets joined (is that correct grammar?) and let us know?

This is the first I have heard about "whiskey in the drawer".?? But I'm slow :huh:

Sheibe, forum name is Mavrk12, in-game name is mavrk. I guess I should have told you sooner. Sorry buddy. Thanks.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34645

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks Mav, I will change it on the roster..

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34646

• bopes
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1481

Mavrk12 wrote: Don't feel so bad Oedi. I was in a game yesterday with Dog, Bstrachan, the new recruit Guidas, and another MOM squad (my short term memory sucks) and I royally sucked arse!! I mean I couldn't hit anything. I tried to be sneaky and take a round about route but the back door was closed by Guidas and Bstrachan. The game was a stalemate. It was me, Dog, and I think a 111th, against B, KC, and Guidas. It was great game for everyone else, except me. :angry: Like Oedi, I must apologize for my lack of perfomance. I'll redeem myself next time.

By the way, Guidas is a great pilot!! Another great player in the game was KCChiefs. Not sure how old he/she is but he was MOP (mean ole pilot). He's not affiliated with another squad but it would be good to recruit him/her, that is, if he/she meets the minimum requirements, if any!?!

I was briefly in that game (or one very similar), on allied side, but left early for some reason [cough ... playing at work ... cough] must have been before Dogss showed up. Yeah K chiefs rocked in that game. The pic below is from it. Sparky was in it too. I took it from a chute after b Strachan shot me down at exreme altitude (he is complimenting another pilot there, not me!). The long ride down (before someone shot me out of my chute) gave me an amazing view of the killing fields. Is guidas in? Also, who won?

[BTW this is my first attempt at posting an image so if it displays too humongously huge or something let me know and I'll delete it or try to re-size it or whatever.]

Oh, and to Wig below, I may be wrong but I don't think whiskey is an actual player. I thought fark was just joking around there, by way of telling Shatner's Bassoon to make himself at home in the squad. Again, I may be wrong . . .

Last edit: by bopes.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34654

• Wigbomb
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Flarf
  • Thank you received: 5075
Pilot banners are all finished, gang. I'm going to need solid confirmation on Giudas, Whiskey, Shatner, KCchiefs (I think he posted here a while back, didn't he? With a request to join? Or is it my meds again?) I won't produce a banner till I know someone is definitely confirmed and I have the player's input on name spelling preference. We've also talked about at least half a dozen other players, still, to my knowledge, unconfirmed. Is prettykitty in? I mean, we all want her in, but has she confirmed?

So, open call for info: if you've engaged with a player in-game and he/she confirmed, let me know. If you ARE a player recently joined, again, let me know you're in and what you want your name on your banner and the roster to be. if your name in-game is different from your forum name, we need to know.

I'll post up the instructions for grabbing your banners later today, after I've heard back on all this...

Wigipedia
The following user(s) said Thank You: new jersey devil

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34681

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Bopes, Just resize the picture on Photobucket.. Make it atleast half of what it displays.. Should work. I make them about 3/4 's smaller.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34686

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Just played in game with Badluck132... Has M.O.M logo.. Is he a member? Did I miss something.. I didn't question him.. Nice guy and all (him, not me)..

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34693

• Doghouse666
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 108

SheiBe Kopf wrote: Just played in game with Badluck132... Has M.O.M logo.. Is he a member? Did I miss something.. I didn't question him.. Nice guy and all (him, not me)..

not a mom, left a post about him a while a day or two ago. just an imposter noob

You can fit a square peg in a round hole, but you can't polish a turd.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34743

• ZandorHawke
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The second most famous 'Z' in the game!
  • Thank you received: 539

Doghouse666 wrote:

SheiBe Kopf wrote: Just played in game with Badluck132... Has M.O.M logo.. Is he a member? Did I miss something.. I didn't question him.. Nice guy and all (him, not me)..

not a mom, left a post about him a while a day or two ago. just an imposter noob

"just an imposter noob" = imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :)
http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w502/MOMsquadron/banner_zandorhawke3_zpsa2e87126

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34746

• Doghouse666
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 108

ZandorHawke wrote:

Doghouse666 wrote:

"just an imposter noob" = imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :)

Right you are Zandor

You can fit a square peg in a round hole, but you can't polish a turd.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34748

• KTtheo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 297
hi bopes
what time were you playing this game bud.
its just ivanbigg[e]n is one of my colleages little bugger didn't tell me he was on.
ha ha ive caught him sneeking in games at work.lol lol lol

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34750

• KTtheo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 297

bopes wrote:

Mavrk12 wrote: Don't feel so bad Oedi. I was in a game yesterday with Dog, Bstrachan, the new recruit Guidas, and another MOM squad (my short term memory sucks) and I royally sucked arse!! I mean I couldn't hit anything. I tried to be sneaky and take a round about route but the back door was closed by Guidas and Bstrachan. The game was a stalemate. It was me, Dog, and I think a 111th, against B, KC, and Guidas. It was great game for everyone else, except me. :angry: Like Oedi, I must apologize for my lack of perfomance. I'll redeem myself next time.

By the way, Guidas is a great pilot!! Another great player in the game was KCChiefs. Not sure how old he/she is but he was MOP (mean ole pilot). He's not affiliated with another squad but it would be good to recruit him/her, that is, if he/she meets the minimum requirements, if any!?!

I was briefly in that game (or one very similar), on allied side, but left early for some reason [cough ... playing at work ... cough] must have been before Dogss showed up. Yeah K chiefs rocked in that game. The pic below is from it. Sparky was in it too. I took it from a chute after b Strachan shot me down at exreme altitude (he is complimenting another pilot there, not me!). The long ride down (before someone shot me out of my chute) gave me an amazing view of the killing fields. Is guidas in? Also, who won?

[BTW this is my first attempt at posting an image so if it displays too humongously huge or something let me know and I'll delete it or try to re-size it or whatever.]

Oh, and to Wig below, I may be wrong but I don't think whiskey is an actual player. I thought fark was just joking around there, by way of telling Shatner's Bassoon to make himself at home in the squad. Again, I may be wrong . . .

sorry this picture bud just worked how to do it :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34752

• Wigbomb
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Flarf
Bopes et al:

No need to resize banners unless you prefer a size other than the one SheiBe and I are using. That's the full size of the original files you're about to have.

Wigipedia

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34754

• MaVrk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

bopes wrote:

You are right Bopes!! I thought it was Dogss but it was actually you. Thanks for clarifying. It's all coming back now. Sorry about that. You and Dogss are great pilots, I can't tell the difference!! ;) Great snapshot!!!

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34755

• bopes
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
That was yesterday I'd say between 4 and 5-ish pm, eastern time.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34759

• Shatners Bassoon
  • Thank you received: 83
I think I've joined this squadron!

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34760

• Wigbomb
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Flarf
Here's the banner deal, kids:

Go to Photobucket.com
locate album title MOMsquadron
(if I neglected to make it public I can't right now but the password I'd jimmythelip)
Find your banner (I haven't titled them yet, no time...I'll do it asap)
click it to expand the image.
click it again.
mouse over it and choose "share" (I think)
from there choose "other options"
click the "copy link code" tab.
find "save IMG for forums" or whatever it's called.
copy the link in the "full size" box.
paste that into your Profile/Profile Info/Signature box.
Save.
Kiss your mom.

If I missed a step or screwed this up it's cuz I'm in a diner in Brooklyn working from memory. Memory not being my strong suit lately, but I think this is right.

Anyone need a name corrected or can't find your banner, let me know.

wig

Wigipedia
The following user(s) said Thank You: new jersey devil

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34774

• BStrachan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 650

B) there are two callies there both good for me. Lol we have one bad ass team. I can't wait for squad wars it will be fun

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34777

• Luna
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1516
Strachan, you totally killed us on that Bomb AP game. You guys have got a great squad, and I can only hope the NLR will grow to be as successful as yours. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: BStrachan, new jersey devil

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34778

• Farcanal
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 143
Just to clarify things a little for shatners bassoon... Instructions on page one of thread and the whiskey is in the second draw down...Sorry for the confusion wig !

Hey marko99 says he wants to join m.o.m. But he can't log into forum he is 48 and is in the top hundy and he is a Brit also.

If you see him in game tell him to click on "forgot password" he would be a very worthwhile addition to the squad I reckon .

Cheers.
Flying as farkinell and numerous other unmentionables.

Last edit: by Farcanal. Reason: Additional info

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34781

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Talked to Giudas55 today. He said he would only join if Rickenfaker ( I believe that's right?) would join first. So that's that.. He said ," Rickenfaker was a Lonely wolf"... Poor guy, maybe we can find him another lonely she wolf... I guess if we want one, go after both... Is that a twofer?

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34783

• Farcanal
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
We need those two !

Guidas is a damn good all rounder and rickenfaker flies very similarly to SB647 highly unpredictable manic corkscrew wall of bullets kinda stuff.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34791

• bopes
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Btw once again props to wigbomb for undertaking all the work he's done. Banners look great. Ditto for SchieBe Kopf.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34797

• Farcanal
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Yeah thanks wig. I haven't got my banner yet I don't have a PC only an iPad. I will go to the library or sumpin and get it sorted one of these days.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34823

• *Cloudbuster*
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Keep Your Head In The Clouds
  • Thank you received: 60
I'm definitely in (game name *Cloudbuster*)although I haven't officially joined yet, as I can't find my in game password. I've looked at scraps of paper laying around, notes, e-mails; racked my feeble memory to no avail. Once I manage to get this from Zupe or someone at echoboom I'll join.

I've just noticed that this thread has 840 hits in only 5 weeks! Compare that to the second most active thread I can find (111th squadron with 1655 hits in 7 + months) and this must be the most active thread ever on this site.

Congratulations to the core group who started this. You've really hit upon something here and the response has really been amazing. The best thing to happen to dogfight since I started playing 13 months ago. I'm really impressed with quality of players that have joined as well. It will be nice to be "momified" when I finally join, but hopefully we won't all be "mumified" by the time squad wars finally happens lol.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34825

• bopes
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks cloudbuster. Agreed. Awesomest squad ever assembled. And multi national, ethnic, gender, etc. this squad needs its own animatronic display at Disney world.

Anyway cloud, somewhere in the bowels of this thread is a password discussion, but below (as I recently pm'd Shatners bassoon) is the executive summary:

it sounds like you need to get a new game password, which you probably forgot because it was an auto-generated string of digits. (The game password is different from the forum password which is chosen by the user.) You need to uninstall then reinstall the app. On set up, pick the "existing account" option, feed in the email address you used when you first got the game, and hit "forgot password". It sends you a new one by email. Use that to finish the setup (you will still have your current rank, XP and fleet) and log into the link for joining squads, pick MOM and THEN, finally, you will have the coveted and much-feared MOM tag in-game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34827

• *Cloudbuster*
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Keep Your Head In The Clouds
  • Thank you received: 60
Thanks bopes - just what I needed!

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34865

• Trigger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Dork, hiker, boatbuilder, master marksman, dork!
  • Thank you received: 100
Happy to have ya cloudbuster! Haven't seen you in a while in game.... That's probably why I seem to stay in the air more here recently.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #34906

• new jersey devil
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 673
Cloudbuster ,nice to have ya on board.....mean ole devil... :evil: :evil: :evil: ..oh to Wigbomb. Thanks for the banner its cool...and for all the effort you put in....your the man.

Moderators: WigbombCricketDoggy Dix
Time to create page: 0.911 seconds