TOPIC:

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 8 years 7 months ago #296148

• tKestrel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Flying only when the Blu moon comes out
  • Thank you received: 478
Here ya go jimmy :)

This is a tutorial that explains the difference between realistic and arcade matches
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Jimmy the Great, Conquerors

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 8 years 7 months ago #296373

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Nothing is Impossible.
  • Thank you received: 9789

I'm happy to announce that

DarkMickey

has been inducted as new member in our squad.

Welcome to the NLR family DarkMickey .

McFate will be sponsoring him till he reaches level 20 as per the squad rules.

You are supposed to put [nlr] tag before your name as a token of pride and respect towards your squad and its members. As soon as you get level 20, you can change the tag to [NLR].

I do hope that you will prove yourself as an asset to the squad.

Keeping your cool, dignity and playing fair game is what NLRs are known for and now you are representing one of us.

Please feel free to reach to any member from the squad for all your queries and assistance and we’ll be happy to address the same to our best abilities.

FOUNDER

Luna

CO-FOUNDER

Octavia

MODERATORS

[NLR]*XxXxX* and [NLR] McFate

SQUAD OFFICERS

[NLR]*XxXxX*, [NLR]*420*, [NLR] McFate, [NLR]BlueFighter, [NLR]Big*Joe
[NLR]AceL!nk, [NLR]DIS*RUPT, [NLR] FINN
and NLR|Jimmy the Great

Please go through the Important NLR related thread to have an overview of the squad activities.

Quick Links To Various NLR Threads

Happy Browsing and Flying

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, diaoblique, Conquerors, Celsius, AGNI_VEER

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 8 years 7 months ago #296379

• diaoblique
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2113
Welcome to NLR Dark :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, AGNI_VEER

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 8 years 7 months ago #296390

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Nothing is Impossible.

Primal

Welcome to the NLR family Primal .

You are supposed to put [NLR] tag before your name as a token of pride and respect towards your squad and its members.

Keeping your cool, dignity and playing fair game is what NLRs are known for and now you are representing one of us.

Please feel free to reach to any member from the squad for all your queries and assistance and we’ll be happy to address the same to our best abilities.

FOUNDER

Luna

CO-FOUNDER

Octavia

MODERATORS

SQUAD OFFICERS

and NLR|Jimmy the Great

Please go through the Important NLR related thread to have an overview of the squad activities.

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, Conquerors

Last edit: by [NLR] The Blue Fighter.

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 8 years 7 months ago #296397

• Conquerors
  • Yo comes the beast! to conquer
  • Thank you received: 96

WELCOME to the NLR family Dark Mickey and Primal .... have a great game all the time ///.... goood luck !! :evil: :whistle:

pLAY T0 coNQUER!!!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 8 years 7 months ago #296403

• [NLR] McFate
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398

These are good days for

The New Lunar Republic!!!

Primal

Is now a denizen of the moon base

-and-

Dark Mikey

has made his way home.

:woohoo: :evil: :woohoo: :woohoo: :evil: :woohoo: :evil: :woohoo: :evil: :woohoo: :evil: :woohoo: :evil: :woohoo: :evil: :woohoo: :evil: :woohoo: :evil: :woohoo: :evil: :woohoo: :evil: :woohoo: :evil: :woohoo: :evil: :woohoo: :evil: :woohoo:

Ooh, Primal! The raw force of instinctive fight! As a red, a ferocious battle is guaranteed. As blue, an asset rarely matched in spirit or skill. As a squad mate..?...!!!!!!! :evil:

Dark Mkiey, welcome.

Make yourselves at home. You can chose any abode or artifice, the place is what you make of it. Make us proud.

B)

Alex "McFate"

(It's a little known fact that in the movies of "The Hunger Games" series much of the city Capitol in Panem was filmed at NLR Moon Base facilities. All movie extras were brought in)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Conquerors

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 8 years 7 months ago #296440

• NinjaCharlieT
  • Rising Tides, Crashing Skies
  • Thank you received: 84
Wow...so 2 new members of the NLR squad..welcome Primal and DarkMickey! Haven't been well since last visited the thread. And I keep getting sick with all the meds :sick: wish time can speed up faster..so I can be flying with DF friends again ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, AGNI_VEER

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 8 years 7 months ago #296449

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Nothing is Impossible.

NinjaCharlieT wrote: Wow...so 2 new members of the NLR squad..welcome Primal and DarkMickey! Haven't been well since last visited the thread. And I keep getting sick with all the meds :sick: wish time can speed up faster..so I can be flying with DF friends again ;)

How are you Ninja. Wish you a speedy recovery so that you can fly as team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 8 years 7 months ago #296492

• [NLR] McFate
I just wanted to make sure everyone in the squad caught this. There is a very good reason Luna was voted best forum poster in the hall of honor. Her tactical sense is on of the main reasons I wanted to join.
(I've added this to the Unofficial Dogfight Law Library)

[NLR] Luna wrote: Hey everyone!

If you play Dogfight for long enough, odds are, you'll run into an argument on gameplay philosophy. It's inevitable, and by now, our community seems like it's full of broken records and dead horses.

With that said, I apologize if it seems like I'm adding fuel to a flame that everyone is probably tired of. I'm not here to shove my way of playing down anybody's throats, I'm just here to show everyone that there's sense in metagaming.

I was recently in a 'Bomb the Hangar' game with Pluribus on my team, against Suxxor and Garzo, plus a few other lower-ranking players between the teams. All but one of our hangars were gone, but once the teams evened out (not everyone was there from the start), it was playing out like a typical BTB.

After a few head-on runs, I noticed I hadn't seen Plurbus for a few minutes. Any experienced player would know what that means.

I asked him on team chat, "Are you going up high?"

He replied, "No, but should I?"

That right there is something I love to hear. It means that I have a teammate that's willing to coordinate with me to gain an upper-hand against the enemy team.

I told him to go up high, but to keep away from the enemy base until I could get a reading on Suxxor's and Garzo's positions (the two players who would likely intercept his bombing run):

Notice what I said: "I will drop to make it hard." (yes, that's what she said, ha ha ha) :silly:

No, but really, I was aiming to drop my bomb and lead the enemy team away from their base, in order to give Plurbus an open window for his bombing run. I got close enough to get their attention, and once I did, I turned my plane around in hopes they would give chase.

They did!

My bombless plane ensured that I would be able to survive long enough to lead them away as far as I could. All the while, Plurbus was waiting on standby above their base. I was giving him information on our position, and he was waiting for a clear shot down.

Eventually I got the majority of the enemy team to chase me halfway across the map, and I gave Plurbus the green light:

By this point, we were in a good spot. Even if the enemy team were to shoot me down, they would probably not realize that Plurbus would be going for a dive bomb until it was too late. The crucial part of this play was that I was able to manipulate the enemy team into going where we wanted them to go, and at the same time inform when it was clear for Plurbus to initiate his dive (remember, if you see an enemy on radar, they can see you too. Solo dive bombing runs are a gamble because you won't know if there is an enemy at the base until you're too close).

Still, the anticipation was killing me:

I actually verbally cheered when the bombs hit! Now my roommate is mad at me... :whistle:

Anyhow, once the enemy team saw the base was under attack, they forgot about me altogether and turned back to their base. I got shot down in the ensuing dogfight, but our run was successful!

I don't know about you guys, but these are the kinds of moments I want in my DF games! The other team was a good sport, they never once criticized me for "dropping" or "spinning/corkscrewing". Hopefully, there'll be a point where everyone will be able to see the merit in these choices, instead of labeling them as a form of cheating.

Until then, those who decide to change around their gameplay in a fair and smart manner, keep fighting the good (and in my opinion, more fun) fight!

~Luna

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 8 years 7 months ago #296508

• [NLR] McFate
Wow!

Our little squad has been growing! So far the consensus is that we will remain a squad of one wing, limited to 50 members. In order to be able to add new, active members and to accept experienced friends and pilots who wish to join us, we need to kick members who have been inactive the longest. Anyone who has been kicked for inactivity who wishes to return will be welcome back upon request provided there is room within the 50 player cap.

At this time I'm sorry to have to kick the following members:

HP111K - 130 days
Lightning - 117 days
mehdit - 139 days

McFate
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, tKestrel, [NLR]Mysterio, [NLR] R@HUL

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 8 years 7 months ago #296509

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Nothing is Impossible.

NSY AIRLINES

Welcome to the NLR family NSY AIRLINES .

Jimmy The Great will be sponsoring him till he reaches level 20 as per the squad rules.

You are supposed to put [nlr] tag before your name as a token of pride and respect towards your squad and its members. As soon as you get level 20, you can change the tag to [NLR].

FOUNDER

Luna

CO-FOUNDER

Octavia

MODERATORS

SQUAD OFFICERS

and NLR|Jimmy the Great

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]Mysterio, [NLR] R@HUL, diaoblique, [NLR] SL DIE HARD, Celsius

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 8 years 7 months ago #296512

• [NLR] McFate
I just updated the member lists on the first post of this thread and on the Member's List thread.

Let me know if I missed anyone. B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, [NLR] R@HUL

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 8 years 7 months ago #296513

• [NLR] Luna
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 559

Welcome, all new members of the New Lunar Republic!

Ninja, get well soon, and thanks for stopping by to visit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Last edit: by [NLR] Luna.

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 8 years 7 months ago #296524

• tKestrel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Well fellas, ive passed 50k kills and now at 51k. My next target will be getting hangers. 95 of em to be exact. Hehe

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 8 years 7 months ago #296525

• tKestrel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
To all of our new members. Welcome aboad!!! I look forward to flying with all of yall :)

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 8 years 7 months ago #296570

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Nothing is Impossible.

With deep regret, I personally feel very hurt that some of our new recruits are taking glitch advantage or playing unfair, I was the one who wants the the new comers be given chance to grow under senior supervision but I think recruits are taking the squad reputation for granted.

Please remember it's a privilege given to you that you are member of NLR squad and we will not let you spoil the squad image. Tanking at enemy base using glitch, spawn killing on red base, camping, using bad language or cussing, always flying without bomb etc. are strictly NOT allowed.

Any member found doing above prohibited acts will be permanently removed from the squad.

I do hope that in future no such incidents will come to our notice. Take this as final warning.

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, tKestrel, Jimmy the Great, [NLR]Mysterio, [NLR] R@HUL, NLR|White Baron, diaoblique, Conquerors

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 8 years 7 months ago #296575

• [NLR] McFate

[NLR] McFate wrote:

The Goal of the Squad
The New Lunar Republic Air Force is a fighting squad that stresses on dogfighting tactics. Advanced manuevering, evasion, and stealth are the main weapons of this squadron. The darkness comforts us. The shadows protect us. But think us not afraid to stand in the light.

New Lunar Republic pilots are tenacious and resourceful in action and are willing to face the displeasure of other established pilots and squads who may consider use of tactics to be a form of cheating. “Tactics” are strategic actions taken with the intention of helping your team to win the mission. Contentious issues may include “dropping”, “sneaking”, “camping” and in some instances “spawn killing”. While some players and squads may see these actions as cheating and abusive, the NLR chooses to use these as valid strategy when done in an effort to win the game. The NLR does not support "stat padding" or abusive game play. These tactics are used to promote the many different strategic elements available within the game. Where head-to-head shooting focuses mostly on a player’s shooting skills, use of a full range of play styles takes full advantage of all different skills and abilities.

Note: The part of the New Lunar Republic charter above is very tolerant of what many pilots consider "unfair" or "dishonorable" play styles. Many pilots feel that etiquette and rules should prevent some of these actions. It should be understood that this is a great responsibility. The [NLR] does not support play that is "abusive" in any way. Everything mentioned above can be used with respect. In most games, focusing only on making kills does not contribute strategically. It's like using your cleats against the enemies knees rather than playing ball, it is reason for complaints and creates a lot of social friction that can be "game ruining" when taken too far.

We have great skills and support a thoughtfully played game.
We are not thugs.

If you choose to play without respect for teammates or enemies you do not represent the [NLR] .
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, [NLR] R@HUL, diaoblique, Conquerors

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 8 years 7 months ago #296578

• Conquerors

Absolute NLR game :P ;) :woohoo: :evil: :whistle:

pLAY T0 coNQUER!!!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*, [NLR] The Blue Fighter

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 8 years 7 months ago #296590

• [NLR] R@HUL
  • Thank you received: 171

[NLR] McFate wrote: I just updated the member lists on the first post of this thread and on the Member's List thread.

Hi Sir McFate,

Following members are missed there :

1) Blu Breeze
2) Dutch Master
3) MarksMan
4) Die Hard and
5) R@HUL/Claws.

Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*, [NLR] McFate, [NLR] The Blue Fighter

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 8 years 7 months ago #296632

• [NLR] McFate

[NLR] R@HUL wrote:

[NLR] McFate wrote: I just updated the member lists on the first post of this thread and on the Member's List thread.

Hi Sir McFate,

Following members are missed there :

1) Blu Breeze
2) Dutch Master
3) MarksMan
4) Die Hard and
5) R@HUL/Claws.

Thank you.

Thanks, I don't know how I missed all of those. :oops:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*, tKestrel, [NLR] R@HUL

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 8 years 7 months ago #296665

• tKestrel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Lol thanks xD. I didn't want to say anything
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, [NLR] R@HUL

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 8 years 6 months ago #297000

• [NLR] Luna
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 559

Hello New Lunar Republic!

I'm posting to announce an extended leave of absence, where I will not be able to be active in the Dogfight community for several months. I am also speaking on behalf of Octavia, who has been absent to focus on her studies, and will continue to be for some time as well.

We are confident the squad will continue to do well while we are gone! Thank you to all who support the squad and our values both in the forum and in the game!

Best wishes,

~Luna
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*, [NLR] McFate, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, tKestrel, diaoblique, Conquerors

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 8 years 6 months ago #297008

• tKestrel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Luna, it was great to see u around while u where able to. It was great to get to fly with u again after over a year lol. Be safe and take care! Same goes for Octavia. It's good she's got her head in the books. The 2 of u sure have good heads on yall shoulders. It's a rare trait for someone yall age. Way to go and to keep ur focus on where ur future rest.

U 2 take care now ya hear! We will see yall on ur return back :)
Aloha!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*, [NLR] The Blue Fighter

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 8 years 6 months ago #297317

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Nothing is Impossible.

NEW LUNAR REPUBLIC (NLR) OUTSTANDING PLAYER

For the Period:

From 16-Sep-2015 Till 30-Sep-2015

CONGRATULATIONS!!! CRAZY CON

Summary of Figures
for those who are curious to know the stats who topped the chart are:

Topper Maximum Average @ day

Kills=243, Hangars=14, Wins=15

Average @ day of top 10 players of particular Stat.

Kills=180, Hangars=9, Wins=12

Heartiest Congratulation to CRAZY CON , Diaoblique, BlueFighter, Fury, Die Hard, Marks.Man, Duck Rogers, R@hul / !!! Claw, tKestrel.

For Players Stats, click here

Happy Viewing till next update.

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*, Acegirl, [NLR]Mysterio, diaoblique, Conquerors, NLR|MarksMan.

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 8 years 6 months ago #297326

• diaoblique
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2113
Very nice. Congratulations guys!! Lets keep this up :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, Conquerors

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 8 years 6 months ago #297333

• Conquerors

Thank You ... its all done cz of the great support and guidance given by yall .... ill try to keep up the achievement !! :)
Thank You

pLAY T0 coNQUER!!!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, diaoblique

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 8 years 6 months ago #297335

• [NLR]Mysterio
  • the less you reveal, the more people can wonder
  • Thank you received: 1003
congrats all with this stats ;), thank you Blue to make this :woohoo: i know i'm losing some points but i'm very busy this time with school so i can't play a lot :S but i play when i got time(2-4 games a week (not much i know :/ )) and i keep looking on forum to see the nice results of or squad :) and i can promise you when next HOH topic come i will do my best to see it on time and beat everyone :p

see you in the air ;)

cédric
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, diaoblique, Conquerors

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 8 years 6 months ago #297400

• tKestrel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Blu Breezes Flight Log

Blu Breeze wrote:

Blu Breeze wrote:

Blu Breeze wrote:

Blu Breeze wrote:

Blu Breeze wrote: Blu Breeze, reporting for take off! -headed to fest

Blu Breeze, reporting for take off! -headed to fest

Blu Breeze, reporting for take off! headed to messines
-Headed to Fest now for a few

Blu Breeze, reporting for take off! -headed to fest for a few minutes

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*, [NLR] R@HUL

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 8 years 6 months ago #297597

• tKestrel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Blu Breezes Flight Log

Blu Breeze wrote:

Blu Breeze wrote:

Blu Breeze wrote:

Blu Breeze wrote:

Blu Breeze wrote:

Blu Breeze wrote: Blu Breeze, reporting for take off! -headed to fest

Blu Breeze, reporting for take off! headed to messines
-Headed to Fest now for a few

Blu Breeze, reporting for take off! -headed to fest for a few minutes

Blu Breeze, reporting for take off! -Headed to Messines. Might find 420 there as well
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 8 years 6 months ago #297685

• Rudolf Rednose
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 2783
Yeah I drop by from time to time to see how you guys and galls are doing.
You really have a great squad, I must say.
But there is a rather big difference between M.O.Ms and NLRs:

Lisa would never qualify as a M.O.M.! :P
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*, [NLR] McFate, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, D-walleye, [NLR] R@HUL

Moderators: [NLR]*XxXxX*[NLR] McFate[NLR] The Blue Fighter[NLR]MysterioCush62boom2
Time to create page: 1.298 seconds