Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33492

• MaVrk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 426
Ok guys I'm having DF withdrawals You know the symptoms: lack of sleep, moving your body left to right while walking, neck cramp, uncontrollable urinating (I think that's just old age, I'm in denial), and the shakes. It's been about a week since I played. So I'm going to try to make time to be in skies. I hope to see someone from MOM today.

Wig happy late birthday!!

This is why I'm NOT a MORAF!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wigbomb

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33495

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 744
A retired helicopter pilot sent me this link to a video that I think you all may enjoy. WWII, some nice dogfighting (not long) 10 minute video with a Historical twist.. Hope you like it..and I hope the link works

player.vimeo.com/video/31202906?autoplay=1

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33497

• KTtheo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 297
hi Sheibe
just watch the video WoW what a twist living so close to Ireland
i didnt know that that happened.i wont give any more away.
great little movie. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: SheiBe Kopf

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33498

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Big Tex wrote: I also flew with Whitenow and asked if he was interested in being a MOM. He wants to talk to some others in the squad first, but is open to the idea.

I have whitenow on our roster. He has been on there for a while. (like we have been here a long time!!) BUT, is he or is he not a M.O.M or, are there 2 with simular names?? Wig made him a Banner (pg 10).. I will remove him from the Master List for now .. Let me know..

Last edit: by SheiBe Kopf.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33500

• Oedius Momicus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • MOLON LABE!
  • Thank you received: 346

Mavrk12 wrote: Ok guys I'm having DF withdrawals You know the symptoms: lack of sleep, moving your body left to right while walking, neck cramp, uncontrollable urinating (I think that's just old age, I'm in denial), and the shakes. It's been about a week since I played. So I'm going to try to make time to be in skies. I hope to see someone from MOM today.

Lol! I get that way after one day. :)

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33501

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Thank you received: 2736

whitenow wrote: Im right around 30, and the younger guys make me feel twice that age. Ha. It seems like alot of people I like to play with are older. Learned that from the thread. Thnx. I think its a cool idea, I will leave it up to you guys to "vote" if I would be a mature enough addition for a little original age idea bending? Thanks, and great idea. Its like having a team of guys who are chess masters playing agianst a buch of checker jockies. Maybee a bad example but yall get it. Nothing agianst my younger flyers. -whitenow-

This is on page 7 about in the middle...whitenow was and is a member as far as we are concerned....It's up to him...either way......He's a great player....
there is more after this post as I said page 7 about in the middle....

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33502

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

dentinhead wrote:

whitenow wrote: Im right around 30, and the younger guys make me feel twice that age. Ha. It seems like alot of people I like to play with are older. Learned that from the thread. Thnx. I think its a cool idea, I will leave it up to you guys to "vote" if I would be a mature enough addition for a little original age idea bending? Thanks, and great idea. Its like having a team of guys who are chess masters playing agianst a buch of checker jockies. Maybee a bad example but yall get it. Nothing agianst my younger flyers. -whitenow-

This is on page 7 about in the middle...whitenow was and is a member as far as we are concerned....It's up to him...either way......He's a great player....
there is more after this post as I said page 7 about in the middle....

Dent, PM whitnow rightnow.... I guess someone has to tell him he's a M.O.M? Someone call his wife.. when your older, you need a lot of guidence.. :blink:

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33503

• Oedius Momicus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • MOLON LABE!
SheiBe Kopf, what an incredible video! I had no idea about that part of history. Thank you.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33504

• bopes
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1481

. Wigbomb wrote: My thumbs up for Chanoc, too. I've played with him a few times and been duly impressed. Let's get the word to him that he's up for membership.

Don't forget to add Chanoc to the roster, if he's not there already. Back on page 16 of the thread he PM'd me wanting in. I put it to the forum and oedius, Mean Ole Devil [nee NJ Devil], and Wig all gave the thumbs up. So I PM'd him back saying he's in, and told him to sign up on the forum. Don't know if he's done that yet, though.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33505

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

bopes wrote:

. Wigbomb wrote: My thumbs up for Chanoc, too. I've played with him a few times and been duly impressed. Let's get the word to him that he's up for membership.

Don't forget to add Chanoc to the roster, if he's not there already. Back on page 16 of the thread he PM'd me wanting in. I put it to the forum and oedius, Mean Ole Devil [nee NJ Devil], and Wig all gave the thumbs up. So I PM'd him back saying he's in, and told him to sign up on the forum. Don't know if he's done that yet, though.

OK, sorry I'm slow.. I think I actually had a dream last night about this very subject :unsure: I will fix it as I speak (text)..

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33506

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

SheiBe Kopf wrote:

Welcome to The Official M.O.M Thread.

====================================
To join the actual squadron, go here:
www.dogfightplay.com/management/squadmgnt/
+++
To give yourself a Squad-Tag (so we may properly identify ourselves in game), go here .

=============================================

Current Members
Quality not Quantity

ScheiBe Kopf
B Strachan
Dentinhead
.Wigbomb
Farcanal
btschuman
dogss
Bopes
Seattle
Big Tex
HatinRing
Paul Mantz, Jr.
ktheo
SB467
iQQi
Mavrk12
oedius
Big Tex
Gary-the-Pink
hansone
whitenow
Gaavster
Dannydrooler
FatBob
ZanderHawke
EddieRickenbaker
felabad
LD Dutchkiller
mean ole devil
Galahad
Nazis
Sparky8977
Trigger
Fredneck
Doghouse666
Chanoc

These are the current confirmed members. If you are a member and wish to be listed, please respond accordingly in this thread.
=============================================

Official Rules and Owner’s Manual for your 2012 MOM LX5000

The following rules are to be adhered to on pain of death or something really serious:

Rule 1 – There are no rules in M.O.M.

Rule 2 – There is no lying in M.O.M.

Rule 3 – Rule 2 is a lie.

Rule 4 – No member of M.O.M. will engage in team killing (shooting at members of his own team) spawn killing (shooting at the comic book character Spawn) or spawn raping (we don’t recommend raping anyone but if you must, we recommend you try to rape Spawn. Give us a heads up first so we can come watch.) We regard these practices as craven, dishonorable, weak, gutless, moronic and none of us engages in any of them more than once or twice per mission.

Rule 5 – Language: we encourage the use of language in M.O.M. Hand gestures don’t work so hot online.

Rule 7 – Math was our favorite subject to skip in school so we could go out back and have us a smoke of...we mean, do some independent horticultural research. Education is a wonderful thing. But really, the computer site gizmo keeps track of your kills so who needs it?

Rule 8 – Any member who doesn’t show up on time for his shift will be docked a half day’s pay.

Rule 9 – All members of M.O.M. must be courteous and polite to fellow players. Say “Thank you so much” after shooting someone down. If it happens to be a player you despise, say, “Thank you so much you miserable mother f*cking son of a b*tch.” Then strafe him in his chute.

Rule 10 – All members will adhere to the M.O.M. Principles of Flight, as follows:
Fly at least a little above the ground.
Shoot the red guys.
Bomb stuff.
Have some cake.

Age and Other Requirements for Membership in M.O.M.:

Pilots applying for squadron membership must be between the ages of 21 and 174. Unless you’re really, really good. Then you can be 3 and we wouldn’t give a rat’s ascot.
For the most part M.O.M. pilots are in their 30’s, 40’s, 50’s, 60’s, 70’s after which point we forget how to count that high or what we just had for lunch. It looked like it used to be peas.

Anyone of any age may apply to join M.O.M. A select few underage pilots will be admitted as “Prodigy” members and treated like dirt. You can get even by treating your own kids like dirt when you’re as old as most members of M.O.M.

Applications will be subject to review by the M.O.M. Board of Admissions, consisting of dogss, B Strachan, Dentinhead, SheiBe Kopf. Wigbomb and an albino raccoon called Jimmy the Lip. In case of a 3-3 tie the applicant him/herself will have the tie breaking vote.

Applications should be submitted in the form of a hand written email on standard 8.5x11 paper with decorations in either poster paint, colored pencil, crayon or the blood of a virgin. Some form of death and/or ice hockey must be incorporated into the imagery. A forum post containing the words, “Hey you old clowns, can I join?” will also be acceptable.

Bribery is encouraged and will almost certainly get you in. Cash is preferred but hookers, crack, liquor, DVD’s or virgins (with blood still intact) will be considered. Strachan likes a nice redhead and SheiBe prefers a vintage Chardonnay. The rest of us aren’t that particular.

If you believe in the notion that a game can be played with mutual respect in the spirit of friendly competition and a healthy hatred of Lady GaGa, write and tell us. Above all M.O.M. is dedicated to the having of fun. Even if it means killing you. There isn’t much we wouldn’t do for a laugh, and seeing you die is fairly high on the list. Become one of us or risk utter and complete annihilation at the hands and feet of M.O.M. Or, y’know, just, um, like…don’t. That’d be cool, too.

Latest addition... I left whitnow on the Roster..

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33512

• bopes
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
BTW yesterday I was in an epic game with Wigbomb, Dogss, Cloudbuster and others I can't recall.

Anyway it was bomb the base. It started out with me and Wig on opposite sides. Then Dogss came in on my side. Wig's team outnumbered us slightly at first, but we outgunned them slightly ace-wise. So Dogss and I started showing no mercy to Wig, and we mopped up on kills but Wig held his own on defense. (I never reached his base I don't know if Dogss did.)

Anyway at some point cloudbuster comes in on Wig's side. Now they still outnumbered us plus got a boost in ace firepower. So they manage to get the jump on our base and suddenly we've got opposition all around us. Then there was one of the most scorchingly fast engagements I've ever been in! I mean it was like a tornado of planes, with cloudbuster Dogss and me going at it along with what seemed like every other red plane there ever was.

In the middle of all this Wig and another player in a red triplane start divebombing us! And I mean these were perfectly executed divebombs from hell, straight down from directly above the base (none of that wimpy angle stuff). I have a new respect for divebombers now, I must say. I couldn't catch the buggers. Anyway, great game, even though we lost. Props to everyone who was in it that I didn't mention.

That's what's great about playing against fellow squad members. I feel like I have to elevate my level of play because you're all such a bunch of badass mothers.

Last edit: by bopes.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33519

• KTtheo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
sounds like an epic bopes
i was in a game with wigs yesturday trying to use him as target practice
but he wasnt having it.
it was a right old splatfest it is great playing against other MOM members
and your right the inner comp comes out in you (must do better)
all great fun
see you in the skies bud hopefully on the same side :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33526

• McMillion
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • My Eyes Set High
  • Thank you received: 24
I officially love this squad. I played against the Mean Ole Devil yesterday...such a great guy! You guys are so fun to watch in the air. It's comical seeing the "M.O.M" sign above your names. Hope everyone is doing good!
That members list is looking better and better!
My Eyes Set High.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Oedius Momicus, Wigbomb

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33531

• DoGss
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1477

bopes wrote: BTW yesterday I was in an epic game with Wigbomb, Dogss, Cloudbuster and others I can't recall.

Anyway it was bomb the base. It started out with me and Wig on opposite sides. Then Dogss came in on my side. Wig's team outnumbered us slightly at first, but we outgunned them slightly ace-wise. So Dogss and I started showing no mercy to Wig, and we mopped up on kills but Wig held his own on defense. (I never reached his base I don't know if Dogss did.)

Anyway at some point cloudbuster comes in on Wig's side. Now they still outnumbered us plus got a boost in ace firepower. So they manage to get the jump on our base and suddenly we've got opposition all around us. Then there was one of the most scorchingly fast engagements I've ever been in! I mean it was like a tornado of planes, with cloudbuster Dogss and me going at it along with what seemed like every other red plane there ever was.

In the middle of all this Wig and another player in a red triplane start divebombing us! And I mean these were perfectly executed divebombs from hell, straight down from directly above the base (none of that wimpy angle stuff). I have a new respect for divebombers now, I must say. I couldn't catch the buggers. Anyway, great game, even though we lost. Props to everyone who was in it that I didn't mention.

That's what's great about playing against fellow squad members. I feel like I have to elevate my level of play because you're all such a bunch of badass mothers.

That was a good one. Right after that I went against alot of enigmas badluck fele and cloudbuster too. Later on I was in a game with bizzI. Last night was great
A man with any character at all must have enemies and places he is not welcome...

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33534

• Wigbomb
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Flarf
  • Thank you received: 5075
Thanks for this recap, Bopes! That was truly among the handful of most intense missions I've ever played!

Before you and dogss joined I was 5/0...after we'd battled it out for a while I was 10/10! Yeesh. I'm trying to recall if I even got to see the end. I had been in another almost as crazy round yesterday and in one or the other my connection dropped! I invented some new expletives I'll be glad to share. :( I know the other mission had one or two of our guys in it, as well. I was in a tank, lobbing shells onto the carrier from what felt like a mile away, got it down to 10% AND...yep...connection dropped again. :angry: In our BTB epic it's possible that vertical dive bombing plunge was the last thing I did before my Wi-Fi hurled. I don't make diving a habit cuz it takes so long and takes you out of the fun, but I had to get around you two somehow! I'm tryin' to get my k/d ratio right side up and you mugs wasn't helpin' me none! It was such a blast, you guys are ridiculously good. Made my chest swell with pride to be a member of M.O.M...while you were taking turns drilling it fulla lead. :blink:

Wigipedia

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33535

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
1.You need to open a “Photobucket.com” account. It’s free takes 3 minutes.. Upload your banner/photos/logo’s/old Slim Witman photo’s to photobucket and save them there.
2. You need to look near your name and click on the drop down menu. Select Album Settings
3. Under LINKS, select all those little squares (don't know what they all mean, but Who cares) SAVE those options..
4.Get back to your album and when you putthe mouse over the Banner, another drop down menu appears. Select the IMG CODE option. If you left click on it, it saves it..

5.Now open up Dogfight and Paste the IMG code into the Signature Box. There will be several lines of code, so don’t fret that you don’t see a banner, it’s there!!!

4.MOST INPORTANT….. PUSH THE SAVE BUTTON… YER DUNN !!

This process is the same even if you want to download screenshots or even Slim Whitman Photo's...

Last edit: by SheiBe Kopf.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33538

• bopes
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

. Wigbomb wrote: Thanks for this recap, Bopes! That was truly among the handful of most intense missions I've ever played!

Before you and dogss joined I was 5/0...after we'd battled it out for a while I was 10/10! Yeesh. I'm trying to recall if I even got to see the end. I had been in another almost as crazy round yesterday and in one or the other my connection dropped! I invented some new expletives I'll be glad to share. :( I know the other mission had one or two of our guys in it, as well. I was in a tank, lobbing shells onto the carrier from what felt like a mile away, got it down to 10% AND...yep...connection dropped again. :angry: In our BTB epic it's possible that vertical dive bombing plunge was the last thing I did before my Wi-Fi hurled. I don't make diving a habit cuz it takes so long and takes you out of the fun, but I had to get around you two somehow! I'm tryin' to get my k/d ratio right side up and you mugs wasn't helpin' me none! It was such a blast, you guys are ridiculously good. Made my chest swell with pride to be a member of M.O.M...while you were taking turns drilling it fulla lead. :blink:

Yeah Wig I thought you were in that bomb the base game to the end. Immediately thereafter you and I dropped into a bomb the carrier game, and there was another MOM in there as well, I forget who. Anyway a call from the wifey dropped me out of that before too long and I couldn't get back in. Every game after that last night was lagging big time, almost to the point of unplayable for me.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33543

• Oedius Momicus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • MOLON LABE!
Ok, I am trying my ass off to resize the squadron banner down to a more reasonable size. :S :(

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33548

• MaVrk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 426

oedius wrote: Ok, I am trying my ass off to resize the squadron banner down to a more reasonable size. :S :(

Thank you oedius. I know size does matter, but damn!!!

This is why I'm NOT a MORAF!!

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33550

• Oedius Momicus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • MOLON LABE!

Mavrk12 wrote:

oedius wrote: Ok, I am trying my ass off to resize the squadron banner down to a more reasonable size. :S :(

Thank you oedius. I know size does matter, but damn!!!

LMAO!!! :cheer: :silly:

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33563

• Wigbomb
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Flarf
  • Thank you received: 5075
Oedius (and everyone) let me know what size you want the banner to be. I can resize it any way you like.

Would you all want a typical wide banner instead? Anytime I see the word "typical" I run the other way but I'd like our graphics to be readable and not just tiny thumbnails. I'll work up an alternate version and resize the first one...

Wigipedia

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33565

• beatea
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 729
...suggestion to our membership voters, please blacklist the gutless no-name . .

Racks up numbers to gain rank , but to top everything he's taken up teamkilling now. Don't know if he's 12 or 120, but should be banned from the game and certainly M.O.M.

beatea

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33570

• Oedius Momicus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • MOLON LABE!
Wig, yes that would be perfect to have all the banners just large enough to be able to plainly read them. Not sure what I was doing wrong but, in my photobucket account, I was editing and no matter what it ended up as, I would go from one extreme to another. :( :blush:

Last edit: by Oedius Momicus.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33575

• KTtheo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
oedius
you where having trouble ive just down loaded it to my phone and the snapshot
cant work it out at all :lol: :lol:
i hover over the banner and it goes somewhere where i don,t know.
i need to get the younger ones involved far to much for my old brain.
would it be easier if i down loaded it to my pc.
i wanted the snapshot so i can take some pics of us guys in the skies
any help much appreiciated

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33583

• *Cloudbuster*
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Keep Your Head In The Clouds
  • Thank you received: 60
It was a great game with some intense action - we were lucky to win - easily could've gone either way.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33584

• Oedius Momicus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • MOLON LABE!
ktheo,
Yes, that is how I would try it. I do have some sample screen shots from game saved in my phone but, have not downloaded to PC yet. But, I have already been able to upload a couple of old pics from my work PC just a while ago. See the thread "Faces Of Dogfight". Oh, I just downloaded an app to my Droidx2 "Photobucket Mobile". Supposedly it makes it possible to upload pics directly from phone to your main Photobucket account. I have not tried it yet. I feel your pain! I am so technically challenged it is not even funny! I feel special just being able to operate my home theater system; much less all this computer mumbo jumbo. :)

The app I have on my phone is "Screenshot UX". You do have to connect your phone to PC to get this thing working. But, if I can do it anyone can. :) Just carefully follow the steps listed in the app.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BStrachan

Last edit: by Oedius Momicus.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33585

• *Cloudbuster*
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Keep Your Head In The Clouds
  • Thank you received: 60
That was another great game with lead flying everywhere and airplanes zipping by in all directions. Badluck was in the game as well as DXP. It was some double header. I was pooped afterwards lol.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33586

• [e]Sputnik
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Mt. Everest is my home.
  • Thank you received: 863

*Cloudbuster* wrote: That was another great game with lead flying everywhere and airplanes zipping by in all directions. Badluck was in the game as well as DXP. It was some double header. I was pooped afterwards lol.

Did bad have enigma over his name

Say you'll never let me go...
A wise sput once said "you laugh at my skills I laugh at your bank account"

The Mean Old Men 11 years 8 months ago #33593

• DoGss
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1477

*Cloudbuster* wrote: That was another great game with lead flying everywhere and airplanes zipping by in all directions. Badluck was in the game as well as DXP. It was some double header. I was pooped afterwards lol.

Yeah that was the one. Me and luck had words when it started because it was our first time meeting. Was a great game too. Hey you ever want to join a squad your welcome here cloud.
A man with any character at all must have enemies and places he is not welcome...

Moderators: WigbombCricketDoggy Dix
Time to create page: 0.964 seconds