Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

The Devils Dragons 10 years 3 months ago #155496

• Deezl
  • It's all good.
  • Thank you received: 42
Hey Whip. We ended up winning the game you had to leave. A couple of people dropped in that actually have the patience to sneak while the rest of us kept the reds busy by continuing to run right down the gauntlett and die. Man, carrying bombs against Hulk is a good way to destroy your kdr. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Whiplash

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Devils Dragons 10 years 3 months ago #155514

• Whiplash
  • Whiplash's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Been Doomed since 1990!
  • Thank you received: 3010

Deezl wrote: Hey Whip. We ended up winning the game you had to leave. A couple of people dropped in that actually have the patience to sneak while the rest of us kept the reds busy by continuing to run right down the gauntlett and die. Man, carrying bombs against Hulk is a good way to destroy your kdr. ;)

Yeah I am having a hard time keeping my sanity with all the problems that just seemed to be acting up worse than ever yesterday.

- Plane guns would switch on and off randomly but more often than not it was when I was just about to bring a target into the cross hairs and so long as they remained in the kill zone no bullets would come out or a couple then stop again

- My chute gun same but much much worse. I had to change to a tapping on the button type strategy getting about 1 bullet for 5 taps

- The chute control stick wouldn't work most of the time so you couldn't aim at your target or once it did begin to work it turned to slow to get back on the target

- The soldier control stick same deal but not nearly as bad as in chute. I would run a bit pause and start running again

- My tank controls were the worst of all! I had some control here and there, best case I only lost control about once every 3 seconds worst case i couldnt move no matter how much I tried to move the control stick

- Normal problem of everyone vanishing and then showing up to shoot you down

- Bullets that I see go into planes because I am like 5 feet from them watching my tracers go into the center of the plane and not a single registered hit. During that game I was in a straight head on and i had my full stream of fire on the plane until I smashed into the center of their prop not a single hit!

So many elements of the game feel like cheating now because of all of the issues, for example sneaking. Sneaking is a good plan really since as many have said before why just keep going down the same corridor waiting to meet head on dying over and over? The first problem is the teams are so rarely fair that if you are on the larger team you are taking advantage since the smaller team can't cover all the planes and leave someone behind to cover the base. If you are on the smaller team you leave your team weak and the abundance of planes make it past them and maybe you get to bomb once but they get to bomb over and over and usually end up surrounding your airport and pinning down your whole team as they camp over it! The second problem with sneaking is the lack of hit consistency. You find the sneaker only to not be able to do anything about it since your bullets are fake or ineffective. I can be right behind them with full sync with their turning or corkscrew and watching my bullets go in and not a hit. I had an event with wig where when he got to the base to bomb he went underground what looked like 10 feet which my bullets cannot penetrate to only resurface and bomb while I expect a crash notification.

The next part of the game that feels like cheating but really isn't is camping. If you fight across the map to get to their base you should be able to stay over top shooting reds who have fully taken off until they remove you period. That's the reward for doing that since it is crippling and if you decide to leave they shoot you in the back anyway so why leave? Well if the numbers are on your side it's extremely hard to remove the camping team since more and more show up and you are much weaker at take of than flying over head. Look at General Jackson's comments about me a few posts earlier I came up to his base and was in a twisting df with him forever. Now people get criticized for camping so much that being in a df over the base is something wrong. I never shot at anyone that wasn't in the twisting with me and all I was trying to do was hit the General (I'll get you one day!!). Is that wrong too now?

Few other weird bits that complete my descent into madness are first the way now tanks can get stuck in the apex of hills, the sharper the edge the better the chance. The snow is near impossible for me to see terrain elevation and crash into the ground often. You can't see your tracers over the snow. The ground has less pixelation so you can barely tell how close you are during twisting. That's the same for the water for me since I have to turn all graphic options off to not have hang ups when I move. During ctc when planes land they start to shuffle and can seem to be anywhere after that point even a hundred feet away from the carrier. I look for their name and keep blasting and you eventually hit them. You can even now hit players who are have landed inside the carrier now right through the wall as this no longer provides any cover. Same for carrier spawning, the planes shuffle all over then pop out of the carrier when they take off. The enemy can get brake immunity on a carrier you have captured. If you blast with a tank shell the rolling parachute that breaks off after you have touched down in chute you die no matter how far you are away, same for shooting the enemies rolling chute. I hit planes with a tank shell and see the shell explode on their plane to have nothing happen and sometimes shoot cleanly over their plane to take them down. The teams are rarely fair and I try and switch to help I ofetn lose the game I am trying to get back into lots of times collecting crashes as I spawn into games since that isn't fixed either. Some players have found a way to crash into you and only you crash. Very effective since you get no chance in chute or tank. Also how is it when you crash into someone in chute and only the plane crashes? You don't think colliding with a plane would cause some injury if not instant death? Same as like I said to wig this morning after I speared my plane into the top of his tank, shouldn't that do at least some damage? Like I can take out a tank from 1000' with a rifle with 5 shots...where is the logic in that?

Now join all of this with the steep increase in foul language in game and on world chat and team killing of what seems like it is coming from the newer players who often shoot their own team and say nothing even if it's an accident. I ask them what happened and if it was and accident and why they don't say sorry only to be sworn at and told it's only a f***ing game or I don't care. That seems to be the real issue here the lack of caring about everything except by a select group who without them I would have no reason to stay. You can see them pour out effort to suggest what can help and offer assistance and guidance to new players. The players that when I started playing here made it so I never wanted to stop and be one of them some day. The players who seem to be slowly leaving as they experience the same nonsense I am describing here. Magenta Baron cost me one of my best friends no matter how you feel like spinning it and TheGodofGods seems to be able to do the same crap and escape punishment and his squad leader now apparently approving teamkilling for their whole squad and calling war on two well respected squads?? The conclusion I am left to draw is, as I say, no one cares or I imagine in the case of Zup, cares about something else I am not able to discern. It feels like the rest of the idiotic world where looking good seems more important than functioning well. Well I care, and I care a lot but that's eroding. I don't want to see any more great players and personalities leave and problems remain and grow until I give up caring. I ask please what can I or those who care like I care, do to change this and get back to some version of a game that works and is enjoyable again?

Sorry to rant on my reply to you Deezl I just got this all together and the more I typed the more I had to type. I am losing faith.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Aj5cS2yr1O2fenK2
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. Serious, [DD]Big C, Deezl, dino spider, DD I Stranger

The Devils Dragons 10 years 3 months ago #155516

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
  • Thank you received: 1352

SnidelyWhiplash wrote:

Deezl wrote: Hey Whip. We ended up winning the game you had to leave. A couple of people dropped in that actually have the patience to sneak while the rest of us kept the reds busy by continuing to run right down the gauntlett and die. Man, carrying bombs against Hulk is a good way to destroy your kdr. ;)

Yeah I am having a hard time keeping my sanity with all the problems that just seemed to be acting up worse than ever yesterday.

- Plane guns would switch on and off randomly but more often than not it was when I was just about to bring a target into the cross hairs and so long as they remained in the kill zone no bullets would come out or a couple then stop again

- My chute gun same but much much worse. I had to change to a tapping on the button type strategy getting about 1 bullet for 5 taps

- The chute control stick wouldn't work most of the time so you couldn't aim at your target or once it did begin to work it turned to slow to get back on the target

- The soldier control stick same deal but not nearly as bad as in chute. I would run a bit pause and start running again

- My tank controls were the worst of all! I had some control here and there, best case I only lost control about once every 3 seconds worst case i couldnt move no matter how much I tried to move the control stick

- Normal problem of everyone vanishing and then showing up to shoot you down

- Bullets that I see go into planes because I am like 5 feet from them watching my tracers go into the center of the plane and not a single registered hit. During that game I was in a straight head on and i had my full stream of fire on the plane until I smashed into the center of their prop not a single hit!

So many elements of the game feel like cheating now because of all of the issues, for example sneaking. Sneaking is a good plan really since as many have said before why just keep going down the same corridor waiting to meet head on dying over and over? The first problem is the teams are so rarely fair that if you are on the larger team you are taking advantage since the smaller team can't cover all the planes and leave someone behind to cover the base. If you are on the smaller team you leave your team weak and the abundance of planes make it past them and maybe you get to bomb once but they get to bomb over and over and usually end up surrounding your airport and pinning down your whole team as they camp over it! The second problem with sneaking is the lack of hit consistency. You find the sneaker only to not be able to do anything about it since your bullets are fake or ineffective. I can be right behind them with full sync with their turning or corkscrew and watching my bullets go in and not a hit. I had an event with wig where when he got to the base to bomb he went underground what looked like 10 feet which my bullets cannot penetrate to only resurface and bomb while I expect a crash notification.

The next part of the game that feels like cheating but really isn't is camping. If you fight across the map to get to their base you should be able to stay over top shooting reds who have fully taken off until they remove you period. That's the reward for doing that since it is crippling and if you decide to leave they shoot you in the back anyway so why leave? Well if the numbers are on your side it's extremely hard to remove the camping team since more and more show up and you are much weaker at take of than flying over head. Look at General Jackson's comments about me a few posts earlier I came up to his base and was in a twisting df with him forever. Now people get criticized for camping so much that being in a df over the base is something wrong. I never shot at anyone that wasn't in the twisting with me and all I was trying to do was hit the General (I'll get you one day!!). Is that wrong too now?

Few other weird bits that complete my descent into madness are first the way now tanks can get stuck in the apex of hills, the sharper the edge the better the chance. The snow is near impossible for me to see terrain elevation and crash into the ground often. You can't see your tracers over the snow. The ground has less pixelation so you can barely tell how close you are during twisting. That's the same for the water for me since I have to turn all graphic options off to not have hang ups when I move. During ctc when planes land they start to shuffle and can seem to be anywhere after that point even a hundred feet away from the carrier. I look for their name and keep blasting and you eventually hit them. You can even now hit players who are have landed inside the carrier now right through the wall as this no longer provides any cover. Same for carrier spawning, the planes shuffle all over then pop out of the carrier when they take off. The enemy can get brake immunity on a carrier you have captured. If you blast with a tank shell the rolling parachute that breaks off after you have touched down in chute you die no matter how far you are away, same for shooting the enemies rolling chute. I hit planes with a tank shell and see the shell explode on their plane to have nothing happen and sometimes shoot cleanly over their plane to take them down. The teams are rarely fair and I try and switch to help I ofetn lose the game I am trying to get back into lots of times collecting crashes as I spawn into games since that isn't fixed either. Some players have found a way to crash into you and only you crash. Very effective since you get no chance in chute or tank. Also how is it when you crash into someone in chute and only the plane crashes? You don't think colliding with a plane would cause some injury if not instant death? Same as like I said to wig this morning after I speared my plane into the top of his tank, shouldn't that do at least some damage? Like I can take out a tank from 1000' with a rifle with 5 shots...where is the logic in that?

Now join all of this with the steep increase in foul language in game and on world chat and team killing of what seems like it is coming from the newer players who often shoot their own team and say nothing even if it's an accident. I ask them what happened and if it was and accident and why they don't say sorry only to be sworn at and told it's only a f***ing game or I don't care. That seems to be the real issue here the lack of caring about everything except by a select group who without them I would have no reason to stay. You can see them pour out effort to suggest what can help and offer assistance and guidance to new players. The players that when I started playing here made it so I never wanted to stop and be one of them some day. The players who seem to be slowly leaving as they experience the same nonsense I am describing here. Magenta Baron cost me one of my best friends no matter how you feel like spinning it and TheGodofGods seems to be able to do the same crap and escape punishment and his squad leader now apparently approving teamkilling for their whole squad and calling war on two well respected squads?? The conclusion I am left to draw is, as I say, no one cares or I imagine in the case of Zup, cares about something else I am not able to discern. It feels like the rest of the idiotic world where looking good seems more important than functioning well. Well I care, and I care a lot but that's eroding. I don't want to see any more great players and personalities leave and problems remain and grow until I give up caring. I ask please what can I or those who care like I care, do to change this and get back to some version of a game that works and is enjoyable again?

Sorry to rant on my reply to you Deezl I just got this all together and the more I typed the more I had to type. I am losing faith.

very well said shirley!!!:)

Gen~~~~~~~~jack

The Devils Dragons 10 years 3 months ago #155529

• [DD]Big C
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Molon Labe
  • Thank you received: 590
Thanks for explaining whip, I have some of those problems too.... Especially with the tank
"Age is an issue of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter" -Mark Twain

The Devils Dragons 10 years 3 months ago #155534

• BStrachan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 650

49ERS RULE !!! :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Whiplash, Thulsa Doom

The Devils Dragons 10 years 3 months ago #155585

• Deezl
  • It's all good.
Don't let all the issues get you down Whip. Get you mad? SURE. Keep up the good fight. The only way the issues get fixed is if we continue to point them out, and the only way the a..hats that are ruining this game win is if you let them chase you away.

to the last bullet ;)

The Devils Dragons 10 years 3 months ago #155586

• Whiplash
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Deezl wrote: Don't let all the issues get you down Whip. Get you mad? SURE. Keep up the good fight. The only way the issues get fixed is if we continue to point them out, and the only way the a..hats that are ruining this game win is if you let them chase you away.

to the last bullet ;)

Thanks man and I am far from going...I may leave a game or two to save everyone from my relentless complaining about it. I took Kevy's suggestion and fully reloaded and it seems much better in terms of guns and tank and chute control. So long as it starts to get better even very slowly im good it just started to feel like nothing was working right and it's hard to play games like I had yesterday...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Deezl

The Devils Dragons 10 years 3 months ago #155591

• Whiplash
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Deezl there is gift for you in the factory!

The Devils Dragons 10 years 3 months ago #155669

• Deezl
  • It's all good.
Thanks!!

My posts don't look so naked now.

The Devils Dragons 10 years 3 months ago #155670

• Thulsa Doom
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Doom knows.
  • Thank you received: 511
Wow, it looks Fantastic!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Whiplash, Deezl

The Devils Dragons 10 years 3 months ago #155677

• dino spider
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 335

Good flying with you the other night Deezl, glad to have you in the squad! Banner looks great, Whip does a great job for us. Dino
...Along came a SPIDER...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Whiplash, Deezl

The Devils Dragons 10 years 3 months ago #155679

• dino spider
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Whip dont let the man get you down, Brother!

The Devils Dragons 10 years 3 months ago #155680

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
I'm glad to hear your not quitting shirley!!! People like you make the game interesting..I remember when I started playing over 2 years ago (forum almost 2 years) there were some really nice (not cocky) players like Dawson , reid etc..who I liked playing with and the game needs more players like them and you :)

Gen~~~~~~~~jack
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*

The Devils Dragons 10 years 3 months ago #155699

• Whiplash
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

It takes a lot to make me quit...not nearly as much as it does to make me mad :evil: :evil: :evil:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DD I Stranger

The Devils Dragons 10 years 3 months ago #155722

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
Now shirley? After pouring my heart out? How's about my suggestion, the "owls nest" ;)

Gen~~~~~~~~jack

The Devils Dragons 10 years 3 months ago #155725

• Whiplash
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

General jackson wrote: Now shirley? After pouring my heart out? How's about my suggestion, the "owls nest" ;)

Oh man don't start that again!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. Serious

The Devils Dragons 10 years 3 months ago #156060

• yose[M]ite
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 802
Snidely do you have a million points?

The Devils Dragons 10 years 3 months ago #156068

• Whiplash
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Dixieconfederate wrote: Snidely do you have a million points?

1,000,538 to be exact

EDIT: Oh and I broke top 40, I am now ranked 39! Yay
The following user(s) said Thank You: yose[M]ite, Deezl, Thulsa Doom

Last edit: by Whiplash.

The Devils Dragons 10 years 3 months ago #156146

• Whiplash
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Man what a great game last night or I guess this morning! Thulsa and I fought and fought us against 5 for the first half then we were joined by joker and we had some breathing room then GMoney joined and the control was ours. Reds fought very well and it was still hard but slowly but surely we finished it! Way to go Dragons and thanks GMoney! Great game Doctor and Unbeatable!

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thulsa Doom

The Devils Dragons 10 years 3 months ago #156148

• Thulsa Doom
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Doom knows.
  • Thank you received: 511

SnidelyWhiplash wrote: Man what a great game last night or I guess this morning! Thulsa and I fought and fought us against 5 for the first half then we were joined by joker and we had some breathing room then GMoney joined and the control was ours. Reds fought very well and it was still hard but slowly but surely we finished it! Way to go Dragons and thanks GMoney! Great game Doctor and Unbeatable!

Why is it always the "one quick game before we go to bed" games that turn out to be epic battles consuming hours?

Last edit: by Whiplash. Reason: When she edited the pic out she took out formatting code

The Devils Dragons 10 years 3 months ago #156173

• Whiplash
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

ThulsaDoom wrote:

SnidelyWhiplash wrote: Man what a great game last night or I guess this morning! Thulsa and I fought and fought us against 5 for the first half then we were joined by joker and we had some breathing room then GMoney joined and the control was ours. Reds fought very well and it was still hard but slowly but surely we finished it! Way to go Dragons and thanks GMoney! Great game Doctor and Unbeatable!

Why is it always the "one quick game before we go to bed" games that turn out to be epic battles consuming hours?

I think it's because DogFight isn't actually game it's an elaborate and infinitely complex mental torture device created to drive people into madness. These games rob you of sleep, the lag steals your patience and the bullets random effectiveness is to tip you just over the edge given enough time playing. :blink:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasonmc

The Devils Dragons 10 years 3 months ago #156798

• dino spider
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Don't forget tomorrow is fight night, it's always a blast! Let's represent, now that's street man!

The Devils Dragons 10 years 3 months ago #157046

• Whiplash
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Fight night starts in a little over 4 hours!

The Devils Dragons 10 years 3 months ago #157323

• Deezl
  • It's all good.

Finally leveled up.

The Devils Dragons 10 years 3 months ago #157324

• Whiplash
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Deezl wrote:

Finally leveled up.

Good job Deezl! Congrats and I have upgraded your banner!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Deezl, Thulsa Doom

The Devils Dragons 10 years 3 months ago #157519

• dino spider
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Nice work Deezl, your on your way! :)

The Devils Dragons 10 years 3 months ago #157732

• Whiplash
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

since it was a big milestone in my mind, getting the crossed swords I present Thulsa with this Major General Medal. Good job babe! Your banner has also been upgraded!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasonmc, Thulsa Doom

The Devils Dragons 10 years 3 months ago #158600

• Whiplash
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Hope to see everyone tomorrow for fight night! Since it seems people are having trouble with the times here they are
FIGHT NIGHT
Early Sesson:
+++++++++++++++++++++++
5pm Eastern 4pm Central 3pm Mountain 2pm Pacific

Late Session:
+++++++++++++++++++++++
11pm Eastern 10pm Central 9pm Mountain 8pm Pacific

The Devils Dragons 10 years 3 months ago #159050

• FuzzyFlyer 3
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Eat my bullets
  • Thank you received: 130
Man, MIA?? I left my phone in New York and really didnt want to buy a new one lol

The Devils Dragons 10 years 3 months ago #159052

• FuzzyFlyer 3
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Eat my bullets
  • Thank you received: 130

FuzzyFlyer3 wrote: Man, MIA?? I left my phone in New York and really didnt want to buy a new one lol

also, why does it say im not in a squad anymore?? And how do I rejoin? Maybe ill find it

Time to create page: 1.011 seconds