Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Looney Bin 10 years 2 months ago #157727

• Jasonmc
  • Jasonmc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 804
Welcome to the Looney Bin.
If you cant tell we are not your average squad we are all a little crazy. We also have no leader or in squad ranks. Everyone has the same amount of power.

A few rules
1. If your not crazy fake it till you are. Trust me you will get there.
2. Play the game with honor. No spawn killing.
3. Remember your represent the squad when you talk in world chat, in game ,or on the forum.
4. Don't cause problems. Trouble makes will be kicked from the squad.
5. Carry your bomb. Don't drop unless your defending your base or chasing a dropper.

Member list in no certain order

Scooby
Captain Haddock
Yellow Belly
Vladimir Putin
Ronnie Biggs

Member with* are inactive

We are also allies with the good people at the Devil Dragons. Treat them as if they are your squad mates.

And don't forget to go say hi to the good people at the Jolly Rodger.

This thread is dedicated to richyroo and mrs richyroo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacklpe, conradogf
Last edit: by Jasonmc.
The topic has been locked.

Looney Bin 10 years 2 months ago #157737

• jacklpe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • If you got it, a trucker brought it!
  • Thank you received: 3027
Don't forget to add yourself Jason..

Btw Jason, at this point you probably should have a little bit of extra clout in your membership. All of the originals are either gone or MIA... It looks as though the original founder is gone permanently... You do the work... Just a thought from your humble bar owner.

Good luck and I look forward to your next fat finger apocalypse.

Contact The Jolly Roger at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasonmc

Looney Bin 10 years 2 months ago #157739

• Jasonmc
Thanks jack i edited it a little. I will probably change some more when I get home.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacklpe

Looney Bin 10 years 2 months ago #157741

• jacklpe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Nice. I'll take all of the free advertising I can get.

Contact The Jolly Roger at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Looney Bin 10 years 2 months ago #157754

• yose[M]ite
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 802
Good luck loonie bin! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: scooby24, Jasonmc

Looney Bin 10 years 2 months ago #157755

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 809
Hey looney's...I played last week with yellow belly...just so you knew...It looks like he is not "inactive"....He played well....Hes quiet in chat and thats neither good or bad...He has always played with honor and respect which is all that matters compared with chatting in game. :)

Looney Bin 10 years 2 months ago #157758

• Jasonmc
Thank you Dixie and Swop. I put yellow on the inactive list because I havnt heard from him in some time. He used to stop in once in a while and say hi. I will make sure to remove the * .

Looney Bin 10 years 2 months ago #157759

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 809
Oh sorry, I didnt want to "influence" you to change away from the asterix if you didnt want to...Just thought I would chime in and say it was great flying with yellow belly. :) :cheer: Up to you on the asterix...you know.. :)

Great to see ya Loonies. :)

Looney Bin 10 years 2 months ago #157760

• Jasonmc
I'm glade to know hes still around. I really wish he would come say hi.

Looney Bin 10 years 2 months ago #157821

• conradogf
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Cuidado con los miedos, les encanta robar sueños..
  • Thank you received: 111
Well... it seams we start again from zero :silly: :blink: :blush: :woohoo: :side: :S :ohmy: :unsure:
We are the Loonies!
See you around.
Regards.

The Abnormality is the Normality at this Locality...

Looney Bin 10 years 2 months ago #157866

• scooby24
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 99
yessss. Got my keys to new loony bin(again) lol.good to be home.hate living out a doggy bag :P .wud be gd if yellowbelly cud pop by and say hello.wats happenin with quack qny chance of him returning jason
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasonmc, conradogf

Looney Bin 10 years 2 months ago #157880

• Whiplash
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Been Doomed since 1990!
  • Thank you received: 3010

Yay!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Aj5cS2yr1O2fenK2

Looney Bin 10 years 2 months ago #158014

• Jasonmc
I added a two new players SALTY and Killer5. I have played with killer 5 seems like a good guy. Salty i have never played with. Not sure if salty will stay he said he was a member of the bombshell babes when I accepted his request. I looked for both players names in the forum and found nothing so I hope the work out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: conradogf
Last edit: by Jasonmc.

Looney Bin 10 years 2 months ago #158422

• Jasonmc
Fight night Saturday with the dragons. Anyone gonna fly.

Looney Bin 10 years 2 months ago #158425

• conradogf
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
GMT time?
Server?
It would be...
Thanks.

Looney Bin 10 years 2 months ago #158428

• Jasonmc

conradogf wrote: GMT time?
Server?
It would be...
Thanks.

It would be 10 pm and 4 am Greenwich time.
We meet on world chat and pick a map.

Looney Bin 10 years 2 months ago #158438

• Hyperdrive
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • built from spare body parts of dead combat pilots
  • Thank you received: 298
Hey guys i need three more contestants for movie quote trivia challenge. If you'd like to play come by the uncle nasty show on the wraith squadron thread! Thanks!

Looney Bin 10 years 2 months ago #158440

• conradogf
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
It means 2 am for me. Not possible... :blush:

Looney Bin 10 years 2 months ago #158447

• Jasonmc
There is two different times. I think the early time would be something like 7:00 your time.

Looney Bin 10 years 2 months ago #158450

• conradogf
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
OK! I understood was 10:00 pm USA center Time...

10:00 pm Greenwich = 8:00 pm brazilian summer time!

I will try to be there.

Thanks

Looney Bin 10 years 1 month ago #159268

• Jasonmc
Good by all this game has stopped being fun. So why play any longer. Thank you for being good squad mates.

Looney Bin 10 years 1 month ago #159281

• DD I Stranger
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 414

jasonmc wrote: Good by all this game has stopped being fun. So why play any longer. Thank you for being good squad mates.

Sadly j! it's not that easy to just give up! I've still had it with game and forum but still come back! :pinch:

It's messy but remember the friendships that have been made and forget about 'us' dramawhores.

Chin-up

Looney Bin 10 years 1 month ago #160303

• Cricket
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The Mayor
  • Thank you received: 1166
Just got out of a game with Pedrinho. He wanted me to let you all know he's been taking a sabbath from DF and the forum & that he will be back as a Loon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gizmo., conradogf

Looney Bin 10 years 1 month ago #163780

• conradogf
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Hi Loonies! There is some one alive here?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ronnie Biggs, DD I Stranger

Looney Bin 10 years 3 weeks ago #166235

• scooby24
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Hey guys.any one still around iv been mia for a while.havnt seen anyo ne lately.hope im not the onlyone left.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ronnie Biggs, DD I Stranger

Looney Bin 10 years 3 weeks ago #166236

• DD I Stranger
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 414
Hello Scoobz, O to the G here, I'm affraid that Ukraine (JasonMC) was forced to surrender to the tyrannical regime known best as Russia (Devils Dragons) and has left this country (squad) in the hands of its people (squad members), I believe William Hague is due to make a statement later today and John Kerry had also demanded that Devils Dragons stop with their unneeded, unnecessary provocations which risk taking the whole dogfight community to war.

Hope this helps.

o.G aka Plain'ol Me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ronnie Biggs, scooby24

Looney Bin 10 years 3 weeks ago #166237

• scooby24
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
As clear as mud.wats been happening.if u cant say on forum pm me.was talking to ped other day says he has some ideas re membership and will be back soon
The following user(s) said Thank You: DD I Stranger

Looney Bin 10 years 1 week ago #169674

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
  • Thank you received: 2425
Well,

As some of you already know, I became away from game and forum for months. Sabathic time - due to work, family, marriage, Laura... real life.

I never was a hard-player (never played more than 5 or 6 hours per week), so I can't be considered an addicted – but the fact is that this game-and-forum thing used to eat my free-time. So, after seeing that I was losing some precisous momments with Alessandra (my wife) and Laura (the most important human being in South America), I decided to stop forum'ing (hey, does this word exist?) and to put a limit on gameplaying (I created a new account, and imposed myself a limit of two hours per week, what worked well for some time). Now I am back to gaming, under my real name, though...

Some weeks ago, when I thought I was "cured" from my game-forum "dependence", I decided to take a look on the forum again. During these last days, I even managed to read a little less, and to post a little less than I used to read/post in the past (a rhyme?!) - but here I go again...

And what bothers me more is the fact that I didn't manage to approach the Looney Bin thread with an open heart - what is the reason I am writing this huge text.

It is sad seeing the thread dead. It is sad seeing the squad headless and "memberless". It is sad seeing all the squad members almost muted, almost innactive on forum, and almost unseen ingame. (again, sorry for my bad English...).

Some weeks ago, I met some of the Loonies ingame. Scooby24, Conrado, are still wearing the tag, as me.
Biggs is playing solo, and JasonMC is on the Devil Dragons. I don't know about the other guys.

As I can read on this thread, the asylum is practicaly down, abandoned, and I don't blame anyone for this. I need to appologise to my squadmates for my unfulfilled promise (the front page drawing), and more important: I need to appologise about not being present at all. But the fact is that, in the end, this squad had its fun times, but now its quite dead ("Oh, really, Ped?..." lol).

So, we loonies have two options: to raise it again, or to close it for good.

About the first option (re-raise the squad), I need to be frank: I don't want to (and won't) dedicate time and effort to ANY squad anymore. One thing is to participate on forum, another thing is to spend effort and time to mantain a squad.

I won't stop playing the game, but I don't see a point on squads at all. In the beginning, I was seduced by MOM members, but even after being accepted on MOM (God knows why... lol), I never saw any PRACTICAL reason to be a member of any squad, since squads are pointless from the gaming perspective. OK, it is fun to be part of a comunity, some of us share some points of view and some characteristics (like grey hair, for example), but in the end, you don't need to be on a squad to be part of this comunity (huh, Jacklpe?).

And for those who could say "hey, squad wars are coming soon", I say: even if/when Zuperman implements squad wars, I don't think I will take part of it, because:
a) I can't schedule ingame encounters, I can't guarantee I will be online at a given date/hour/minute;
b) I don't believe it will be a fair game, since there are few giant/powerfull squads, and too many little, weak squads (like Looney Bin), that I believe will be simply spanked to humilliation;
c) I don't have stamina for long games, I am not that competitive at all, and don't have good skills, regardless the squad I am (by the way, this is one of the many reasons I decided to quit MOM).
To make it short, I don't see a practical reason for squads, other than friendship purposes. And as I said, I have friends in many squads around, so no point at all on squads. I respect and admire who are loyal and are identified with their squads, but for me it simply doesn't works. Believe me, I tried to "fit". But I don't fit even the misfits... lol

So, for me, the first option is a NO-NO. What doesn't prevent you, other Loonies, to do it if you want to, of course. I just said I don't want to do it anymore. About the new ideas I mentioned to Scooby24, I gave up on them, sorry, Scooby. The reason is already spoken: I see no point on squads anymore. Period.

So, for me there is only the other option left (to close the squad). Of course, it is up to you, other loonies, to do it or not. I know it will be a little traumatic, a little sad, and melancholic. But hey, as we can see, it already happened, huh? It's just a matter of deleting the thread from the forum and eliminating the squad from the game's roster, to make it official. (By the way, who is now the guy with the keys of the asylum? I mean, who's the one with the power to manage the thread and the ingame squad)?

And Biggs, I know you asked me about that front-page drawing I promised long time ago - what I didn't managed to do, due to lack of time and inspiration. I even said to you, ingame, some days ago, that I will make it, but after thinking about it, I decided not to do it. Sorry, Biggs, hope you understand me too.

Sorry for my long, boring text, but I felt like owing you loonies some explanations. By the way, I must say that, beyond what I wrote here, there are other "reasons" for taking this decision, but they are reasons of a personal nature, so I hope that what I already said will be enough to clarify my absence and my reasons to not taking the Looney Bin any longer.

To all my Loonie friends, I suggest you to close the windows of the asylum, stop taking the medications that Biggs left on his cabinet, and flee through that gate. There is fresh air outside, and lots of good pilots to fight, and lots of good squads to join.

Hope you don't be angry at me, and hope we keep our friendship!

And if anyone still want to ask/tell me something related to the squad, please to it by e-mail (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.), cuz I won't check this thread anymore.

See you in the skies (and in other threads), Loonies!

I took the RED PILL!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacklpe, scooby24

Looney Bin 10 years 1 week ago #169822

• jacklpe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Talk about a case study regarding the effect of lack of leadership. Yikes. I always had a soft spot in my heart for this squad. Richie was relentless in his efforts to get me to join. Obviously I never did, but yet I always wanted the best for you guys. I don't think this little world was ready for real Looniness. It's much easier for most to go around acting pretty normal while hollering "gee look at me... I'm so crazy". Honestly, most of you aren't. The few real loonies around here are pretty much destined for unhappiness with any squad type of group. Happiness is truly a state of mind, and as nothing is ever going to be perfect, you are just going to have to find it within yourself to be happy. I wish you all the best though, and I hope you always feel welcome at the Jolly Roger... Because you always are.

Ok. Without further ado, I guess it's time to turn in my badge. Looks like it's expired anyway.

The following user(s) said Thank You: [LB] Pedrinho, scooby24

Looney Bin 10 years 1 week ago #169838

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
  • Thank you received: 2425
I said that I would prefer receiving feedback by e-mail, and said also that I wouldn't check this thread anymore.
But curiosity is mother of all changes, and I forgot to unsubscribe from this thread, so I received an automatic e-mail telling me that Jacklpe posted something... And, well, I simply didn't resist. So, here I am again:

Jacklpe wrote: It's much easier for most to go around acting pretty normal while hollering "gee look at me... I'm so crazy". Honestly, most of you aren't. The few real loonies around here are pretty much destined for unhappiness with any squad type of group.

Well, Jack, in my case, its the opposite: I REALLY AM a "crazy" guy that go around trying hardly to act pretty normal (with no success sometimes). Well, I am not THAT crazy, ok... but I really have a brain disorder (Attention Deficit Disorder with Impulsivity), what makes my life quite difficult (believe me). But I am 43, and sort of learned to live with it.

But one thing you got it right: I am one of the "few real loonies around here", as you said; and, as you also said, I am destined for "unhappiness" (well, I prefer the word "discomfort") with being on any squad. But I am happy with the forum, I have fun with it.

No need for more drama: I decided to not take part on any squad, and that's it. Next step: ask Zup or JasonMC to bring this asylum down for good.

See you at the Jolly Roger, friend. And - why not? - see you on the DF skies as well.

I took the RED PILL!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacklpe
Last edit: by [LB] Pedrinho.
  • Page:
Moderators: Jasonmc
Time to create page: 0.822 seconds