Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

The Official 121st Misfit's Squadron 10 years 8 months ago #126976

• [*M]VonHuLK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BOOM Game Over...
  • Thank you received: 21656

BTJ582 wrote: Lets remember that this is a game. This is not to take away from the solidarity of the group. We are a virtual squad with, sometimes, real issues. Most of the members of this squad have been flying with some combo between jd and the individual players names. This shows alot of everyone who has done this as well as shows the other squads how we can support each other the best we we can. I understand WTG's analogy and think it is a good one. I also can understand the idea of Pete's idea of not shooting down other squad members. I am by no means playing both sides here. I have not expressed my opinion about this issue on the forum till just now. I have, since Ghost asked us not to shoot, not shot any member. The problem I have with this idea is that it can and will affect other players. I have already won a couple bring down zep games where there were 2-3 on my team and 2-3 on reds side with one of those being a Misfit. Because of this I was left untouched and was able to focus on the zep. This is my own experience and I am sure has happened to others and demonstrates how an unfair advantage could develop which will have an impact on game. Not every player is on forum and I am sure there may be those who are on forum but would still not understand why certain players are being left alone. I feel this was a good idea to bring the squad together but may have been hasty. Maybe we should have more debate on this issue or maybe all join together and help each other as much as possible while in game. Lets not let this issue overtake and cloud the fact that a member is hurt. Bickering, which I feel has not occurred yet, is not what anyone wants, nor will it accomplish anything good. Lets put the pot on simmer.

I know what u mean, it has been an issue in more than one game for me, maybe there is another way, to honor JD. Without mucking up the game, and changing the outcome. Any thoughts?

ALL IN 100%
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, Whosethisguy, [*M]bhfoust, Jack fighter, [*M]yNuts, darraxx

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Official 121st Misfit's Squadron 10 years 8 months ago #126979

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3991

What about going to duckwing every now and then?
Retired in the skies of Dogfight.
Raising Hell in the skies of Warthunder
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, [*M]TBUILT, [*M]VonHuLK

The Official 121st Misfit's Squadron 10 years 8 months ago #126983

• BTJ582
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2533

Kestrel wrote: What about going to duckwing every now and then?

Yup we have good times up there. At little less stress in the higher altitudes. I like to drop watermelons from the top and watch them smash.

I am an ex-submarine sailor who has taken the battle to the sky.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, [*M]VonHuLK

The Official 121st Misfit's Squadron 10 years 8 months ago #126987

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10674
To.all.misfitis the choice not to shoot.at our brothers and.sisters is a very good idea in honor of our brother jd I was all.for.this but I have found this.to very hard on other pilots that are fighting hard when I let a squad member pass please don't think bad of me for fighting.hard I will.show my honor for jd by kicking butt respectfully.darraxx
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, Whosethisguy, [*M]bhfoust, Jack fighter, [*M]VonHuLK

The Official 121st Misfit's Squadron 10 years 8 months ago #126992

• [*M]VonHuLK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BOOM Game Over...

Me and Tbuilt holding on for a good long while. Hell of a battle 4 MORAF's on other side. That was a work out, I liked every minute. You don't get better playing with people as good or of lesser talent. Bring it on. Go MISFITS. BOOOOOOOOOO.

ALL IN 100%
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, Whosethisguy, [*M]bhfoust, [*M]TBUILT

The Official 121st Misfit's Squadron 10 years 8 months ago #126994

• [*M]TBUILT
  • I back my squad 100% what's your excuse?
  • Thank you received: 17012

Vonkopp wrote:

Me and Tbuilt holding on for a good long while. Hell of a battle 4 MORAF's on other side. That was a work out, I liked every minute. You don't get better playing with people as good or of lesser talent. Bring it on. Go MISFITS. BOOOOOOOOOO.

Had a blast von!! Happy to have you as my wingman any day bro. B) GO MISFITS!! :evil:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK

The Official 121st Misfit's Squadron 10 years 8 months ago #126996

• [*M]VonHuLK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BOOM Game Over...

tbuilt wrote:

Vonkopp wrote:

Had a blast von!! Happy to have you as my wingman any day bro. B) GO MISFITS!! :evil:

I feel the same brother, we held them off for a long while, they know our names for sure.

ALL IN 100%
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]TBUILT

The Official 121st Misfit's Squadron 10 years 8 months ago #126999

• [*M]bzerkbzerk
  • Thank you received: 6993
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]TBUILT, [*M]VonHuLK

The Official 121st Misfit's Squadron 10 years 8 months ago #127000

• [*M]TBUILT
  • I back my squad 100% what's your excuse?
  • Thank you received: 17012

bzerkbzerk wrote:

Hail to the MISFITS :evil:

The Official 121st Misfit's Squadron 10 years 8 months ago #127001

• [*M]yNuts
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4141
Hey guys did not mean to make a muck of the game...THAT WAS NOT MY INTENTION!!!I WASTRYING TO HONOR A TEAMATE!!!! I thought at the time it was a good idea, but from the jist of things it does not seem to be working out! I had no bad intentions, just thinking of JD! I don't make a problem where there is none! You are all good people, I appreciate your understanding!!! THANKS PETE...SEE YOU IN THE SKY!
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, Whosethisguy, [*M]bhfoust, Jack fighter, [*M]VonHuLK

The Official 121st Misfit's Squadron 10 years 8 months ago #127002

• [*M]yNuts
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I personally will fly with JD's initials because I choose to do so!!i If anyone else does not, then that is their choice also, and I totally respect that..I will also CHOOSE NOT to shoot any of my squadron brothers/sisters in combat when we are on opposing teams, because I choose to do so..if any one else does not, then that is your choice, I will TOTALLY RESPECT that choice also..it am not doing this to stir the pot,or cause controversy, god knows I like things black and white, do or don't yes or
no, its much easier that way, I am just trying to support a teammate !!

Respectfully, Pistolpete
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, Whosethisguy, [*M]bhfoust, BTJ582, Jack fighter, [*M]VonHuLK

The Official 121st Misfit's Squadron 10 years 8 months ago #127003

• [*M]bzerkbzerk
Pete, your intentions were honorable and your heart is in the right place bro. You did not create tension, nor did anyone else here. It's a choice by those who choose to play the game the way you suggested and a choice by those who choose to play and honor him in they're own way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, Whosethisguy, [*M]bhfoust, BTJ582, [*M]yNuts, [*M]VonHuLK

The Official 121st Misfit's Squadron 10 years 8 months ago #127005

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly like its stolen shoot like you mean to keep it
  • Thank you received: 6558
Ghost I took the pledge like several others and I intend to keep it until you rescind the order. Having seen it in practice I believe it complicates the gameplay and tarnishes our reputation as fierce competitors by giving other players the idea we will let misfits bomb or shoot unchallenged. Like I said I took the pledge, I'm in it til you say.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction
(.Y.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, [*M]bhfoust, [*M]VonHuLK

The Official 121st Misfit's Squadron 10 years 8 months ago #127006

• [*M]VonHuLK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BOOM Game Over...

Pistolpete59 wrote: I personally will fly with JD's initials because I choose to do so!!i If anyone else does not, then that is their choice also, and I totally respect that..I will also CHOOSE NOT to shoot any of my squadron brothers/sisters in combat when we are on opposing teams, because I choose to do so..if any one else does not, then that is your choice, I will TOTALLY RESPECT that choice also..it am not doing this to stir the pot,or cause controversy, god knows I like things black and white, do or don't yes or

Respectfully, Pistolpete

I too will honor my words, until the time the order is lifted. Even before the no shoot order, I always tried to just change teams, it felt like the right thing to do for my squad.

ALL IN 100%
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, [*M]bhfoust, [*M]yNuts

The Official 121st Misfit's Squadron 10 years 8 months ago #127007

• [*M]yNuts
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I know what it's like to be traumatically injured, he has a long road to recovery!! He will have my support anyway I can, this is my OWN PERSONAL WAY! Thanks Kopp!!! U are a true gentleman!! TO EACH HIS OWN!! I know we all have our own ways to support him!! Thanks to all my fellow squad members for your support also!! I hope WE ALL have a safe Labor Day holiday!!

Respectfully, pistolpete
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, [*M]bhfoust, [*M]TBUILT

The Official 121st Misfit's Squadron 10 years 8 months ago #127008

• [*M]bzerkbzerk
Attention All: I have created an email for those who wish to send a prayer, thought, get well wish, or message to JD and his family. In this way anyone can personally express themselves and it will reach JD and his family faster than the mail.

We do have cards being signed personally by members and friends who can do this, but for those who can not, I have created this email to forward any of the above listed to his family.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr., [*M]bhfoust, Jack fighter, [*M]VonHuLK

Last edit: by [*M]bzerkbzerk.

The Official 121st Misfit's Squadron 10 years 8 months ago #127010

• GreyGhost
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7264
Ok seams there is some debate on the shoot no Misfit action. Orders rescinded. It is now on you all on how you choose to honor your brother JD. This didnt work out well. Lol great gesture thou. Have fun oit there guys.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Whosethisguy, [*M]bhfoust, [*M]VonHuLK

The Official 121st Misfit's Squadron 10 years 8 months ago #127011

• Spectre-Blackstar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "..with a garlic aroma that could level Tacoma"
  • Thank you received: 742

Vonkopp wrote:

Pistolpete59 wrote: I personally will fly with JD's initials because I choose to do so!!i If anyone else does not, then that is their choice also, and I totally respect that..I will also CHOOSE NOT to shoot any of my squadron brothers/sisters in combat when we are on opposing teams, because I choose to do so..if any one else does not, then that is your choice, I will TOTALLY RESPECT that choice also..it am not doing this to stir the pot,or cause controversy, god knows I like things black and white, do or don't yes or

Respectfully, Pistolpete

I too will honor my words, until the time the order is lifted. Even before the no shoot order, I always tried to just change teams, it felt like the right thing to do for my squad.

Me too!
If I find myself in a situation that would cause my team unfair advantage--I'll just switch to another game...that simple...for now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, Whosethisguy, [*M]bhfoust, darraxx

The Official 121st Misfit's Squadron 10 years 8 months ago #127013

• you know me
  • Thank you received: 3
Made a new one
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]bhfoust, Jack fighter

The Official 121st Misfit's Squadron 10 years 8 months ago #127015

• [*M]bzerkbzerk
This is for you Pistol and WTG, mainly Pistol.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Whosethisguy, [*M]bhfoust, darraxx

The Official 121st Misfit's Squadron 10 years 8 months ago #127017

• [*M]bhfoust
  • [*M]bhfoust's Avatar Topic Author
  • Rock'n the tank since 2012
  • Thank you received: 8857

GreyGhost wrote: Ok seams there is some debate on the shoot no Misfit action. Orders rescinded. It is now on you all on how you choose to honor your brother JD. This didnt work out well. Lol great gesture thou. Have fun oit there guys.

Copy that...I will still do what I always do...switch to my squads side, watch there six or at least draw fire away from them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, Whosethisguy, [*M]VonHuLK

The Official 121st Misfit's Squadron 10 years 8 months ago #127018

• [*M]bzerkbzerk
Here you go Pownage
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: pownage, GreyGhost

The Official 121st Misfit's Squadron 10 years 8 months ago #127019

• GreyGhost
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7264

bhfoust wrote:

GreyGhost wrote: Ok seams there is some debate on the shoot no Misfit action. Orders rescinded. It is now on you all on how you choose to honor your brother JD. This didnt work out well. Lol great gesture thou. Have fun oit there guys.

Copy that...I will still do what I always do...switch to my squads side, watch there six or at least draw fire away from them.

Ummm no, you mean have there 6, draw fire from them, get shot down, chute to the ground, get in a tank and blast way! :whistle: i know you too well my brother! :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]bhfoust

The Official 121st Misfit's Squadron 10 years 8 months ago #127023

• [*M]bzerkbzerk

Whosethisguy wrote: Thank you Foust for your understanding.

The idea to do something, ANYTHING for JD is beautiful and most appealing where his situation is so out of anyone's control except his doctors.

Im going to be flying as jdrock/wtg in salute to him, but shooting all reds like normal.

Here is a list of those who have posted they will join in the cease-fire. Of our 36 full members no doubt others are participating as well.

PistolPete
Tbuilt
Grey Ghost
T.R.
VonKopp
Spectre
Mayday
Snake Plisken
BHFoust

For those who don't understand or think I'm being a jerk, let me try to explain how I see this.

Its Friday night. Its the big game that decides if the football team is going to State. Quarterback Joe Dan Stone has a sad and terrible accident before the game, but the team wins! Later in the locker room: coach says, "well guys, I know you all want Joe to get well, and to go on with the season in his honor, so here's what we will do. Anytime you are going to hit your team mate in practice this week, fall down and drop the ball. It's the only way we can honor him."

And then they go on to lose state 53-0, much to the dismay of Joe, who just wanted his team to keep kicking ass as usual.

This illustrates why Im going to keep playing hard, not holding any punches, in jdrock's honor, the way I imagine he would want.

Well it's not Friday night and were not playing the state championship game, so there is no winner nor a loser in this case. If you only care about winning then keep playing the game as you always play. This is not some scenario of Friday Night Lights!

Simply a group who seems to care about one of they're own, regardless of the outcome of game. So to say that you know how JD feels is a bit arrogant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, [*M]bhfoust, Jack fighter

The Official 121st Misfit's Squadron 10 years 8 months ago #127024

• Jack fighter
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 438

bzerkbzerk wrote:

The idea to do something, ANYTHING for JD is beautiful and most appealing where his situation is so out of anyone's control except his doctors.

Im going to be flying as jdrock/wtg in salute to him, but shooting all reds like normal.

Here is a list of those who have posted they will join in the cease-fire. Of our 36 full members no doubt others are participating as well.

PistolPete
Tbuilt
Grey Ghost
T.R.
VonKopp
Spectre
Mayday
Snake Plisken
BHFoust

For those who don't understand or think I'm being a jerk, let me try to explain how I see this.

Its Friday night. Its the big game that decides if the football team is going to State. Quarterback Joe Dan Stone has a sad and terrible accident before the game, but the team wins! Later in the locker room: coach says, "well guys, I know you all want Joe to get well, and to go on with the season in his honor, so here's what we will do. Anytime you are going to hit your team mate in practice this week, fall down and drop the ball. It's the only way we can honor him."

And then they go on to lose state 53-0, much to the dismay of Joe, who just wanted his team to keep kicking ass as usual.

This illustrates why Im going to keep playing hard, not holding any punches, in jdrock's honor, the way I imagine he would want.

Well it's not Friday night and were not playing the state championship game, so there is no winner nor a loser in this case. If you only care about winning then keep playing the game as you always play. This is not some scenario of Friday Night Lights!

Simply a group who seems to care about one of they're own, regardless of the outcome of game. So to say that you know how JD feels is a bit arrogant.

You also use the example of being 1 v 7, and letting red Misfits fly by and bomb your base. Nearly all the Misfits I know would try and switch to your side to help out a brother in need.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, [*M]bhfoust, [*M]bzerkbzerk, darraxx

The Official 121st Misfit's Squadron 10 years 8 months ago #127025

• Trone187
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 655
Well already made about 1/4 of my points of this rank 3 more days like this then I rank up again :evil:* cough* 2 weeks maybe 3 *cough*
The Misfit from Texas and Texans never quit till the job is done

The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, [*M]bhfoust, Jack fighter, darraxx, [*M]VonHuLK

The Official 121st Misfit's Squadron 10 years 8 months ago #127026

• [*M]bhfoust
  • [*M]bhfoust's Avatar Topic Author
  • Rock'n the tank since 2012
  • Thank you received: 8857

Trone187 wrote: Well already made about 1/4 of my points of this rank 3 more days like this then I rank up again :evil:* cough* 2 weeks maybe 3 *cough*

I see you ranking up in just over a week ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Trone187

The Official 121st Misfit's Squadron 10 years 8 months ago #127027

• [*M]bzerkbzerk

Jack fighter wrote:

bzerkbzerk wrote:

PistolPete
Tbuilt
Grey Ghost
T.R.
VonKopp
Spectre
Mayday
Snake Plisken
BHFoust

You also use the example of being 1 v 7, and letting red Misfits fly by and bomb your base. Nearly all the Misfits I know would try and switch to your side to help out a brother in need.

This is what is beautiful about this game and the forum. Although this game is in the cyber world, and we all have our differences in the manner of winning a game or beating down a foe, when one is stricken in the real world, this community comes together in support and offers it's hearts to those affected.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, [*M]bhfoust, Jack fighter, [*M]VonHuLK

The Official 121st Misfit's Squadron 10 years 8 months ago #127028

• Spectre-Blackstar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "..with a garlic aroma that could level Tacoma"
  • Thank you received: 742
Just played a BtC game.
Rabbit was outgunned and his carrier down to 20%.
I switched and we held them off til help arrived.
RoyMay and Von showed up.
I finally got that last bomb dropped from 1000 ft...lol.
It barely hit...but did.
We were against Noush and Quyfft, too!!!

One hell of an intense game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, Whosethisguy, [*M]bhfoust, Captain Noushbag, darraxx, [*M]VonHuLK

The Official 121st Misfit's Squadron 10 years 8 months ago #127029

• [*M]VonHuLK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BOOM Game Over...
Misfits....

ALL IN 100%
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]bhfoust, Spectre-Blackstar