Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Fake squads and anyone can approve a request to join? 4 years 5 months ago #378613

• DireWolf{WP****}
  • DireWolf{WP****}'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4958
Currently there is someone making a fake squad. One look at WC and it's obvious who it is. We also had the same person join our squad--looks like they left which they would have been kicked as WP is invite only. I looked at those who were on today and noticed all players, it seems, can accept new requests. Is that correct? If so, it makes for players who are not wanted joining.

Zup, anyway to allow squad leader to assign a few to approve requests? Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, Viper10{WP}, Lone Player, Pegoud

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Fake squads and anyone can approve a request to join? 4 years 5 months ago #378614

• Viper10{WP}
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

I have always believed if a person is an Air Marshal in a squad they have the ability to accept or kick players. I don't think anyone else can, but I don't know for sure.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, DireWolf{WP****}

Fake squads and anyone can approve a request to join? 4 years 5 months ago #378617

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i'm not bad. i'm just drawn that way
  • Thank you received: 9804
I did the test and yes anyone in the squadron no matter their rank can send out request.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DireWolf{WP****}, Pegoud

Fake squads and anyone can approve a request to join? 4 years 5 months ago #378620

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
I'm getting confused. The bug here is that anyone can accept or that anyone can send out a squad request?
The following user(s) said Thank You: DireWolf{WP****}

Fake squads and anyone can approve a request to join? 4 years 5 months ago #378624

• Viper10{WP}
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

I think anyone can send a squad request, that is an invitation for someone to join the squad the sender is in. So that person can enter a squad from an invite from a Group Captain, Lieutenant, and Squad leader. That undermines an Air marshal or above's authority to accept new members.

Say a person joins a squad and is there for one day. That person can invite another and if the invited person accepts they are automatically in that squad, without approval of the moraf or air marshal's. Not a good situation if you ask me.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: DireWolf{WP****}, Pegoud

Fake squads and anyone can approve a request to join? 4 years 5 months ago #378635

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
Fixing it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}, Lone Player, Pegoud

• Page:
Moderators: Viper10{WP}DireWolf{WP****}Grandpappy 9+1 {WP}pinkstar30{BLK}{WOLF}Dunc7Sid Dickless WPCypher7{WP}..OWL..{WP*}
Time to create page: 0.581 seconds