TOPIC:

Lost players and Bad Sports 6 years 8 months ago #364782

• DireWolf{WP}
  • DireWolf{WP}'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In all of us lies a wolf..waiting.
  • Thank you received: 2604
I think the bigger question is---how many more will leave the game? I hope the good players stick around and somehow the endless silliness is fixed.

Let's be honest here--how many times have a certain group of people faked accounts to look like Wolf Pack and other squads? Yea, it's all in fun...right? NEW players see the game and get the wrong idea. That's $$ lost for Zup.

Imagine just buying the game and entering WWI where someone bombs your team's hangars, fires on you till they are banned. All the while other players are saying that's a 'fake account'. Later you see the real player and they try and chat with you, but your completely confused.

While imitation is the highest form of flattery, trying to ruin a game by violation of TOS should be lifetime ban. Not to mention if you have that much time---read a book, go to school or spend some quality time with family. Life is too damn short. B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]TBUILT, Mongo, Acegirl, [*M]Comet, R E Z, Viper10{WP}, Alex Galt, BALTOWOLF, Fallen [M]isfits, StarsandBars

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Lost players and Bad Sports 6 years 8 months ago #364784

• Alex Galt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3775
Your right dire life is to damn short but my parents said this you make life what you make it. You are also right about getting rid of the fake accounts it can be confusing pissing everybody off especially the new players seriously who has so much time on their hands to make this game a living hell I've been tempted to leave and never come back until this blows over it's also frustrating as hell for the old players everybody just wants to have fun and make friends and have a good time I Miss df1 a lot I cannot imagine what ZUP is going through I bet he is really stressed and also all the complaining is not helping
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, Fallen [M]isfits, DireWolf{WP}

Last edit: by Alex Galt.

Lost players and Bad Sports 6 years 8 months ago #364813

• DireWolf{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I hear ya, Alex. I see Wolf Rider's acct was hacked and that could happen to anyone in this game. Wolf Rider is and always was a good ally to WOLF PACK. I hope he has his full acct back soon.

I keep my fingers crossed that all will be back on track soon. Here's hoping Zup can take out the gnats!
The following user(s) said Thank You: R E Z

Lost players and Bad Sports 6 years 8 months ago #364814

• Alex Galt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I also got my paws crossed to lol

Lost players and Bad Sports 6 years 8 months ago #364816

• DireWolf{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Alex...Paws...I meant Paws...:lol:

Cypher, I saw your reply about Wolf Rider's acct on DP's thread and this part "This is no less serious then having email accounts hacked,bank information and so on. There needs to be policing regarding any attempts to compromise someone's identity. In fact it's verging on criminal. If he can go this far, what's next."

The answer may simply be reporting through the device you play on. It is a criminal act to hack email, identities and steal payment info. Microsoft Xbox has a report system and I'm sure Apple does as well.

Get rid of the gnats and help the noobs! B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: R E Z, Alex Galt, Cypher7{WP}

Lost players and Bad Sports 6 years 8 months ago #364817

• BALTOWOLF
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 353
Well, I dont know how well this idea would work, and i dont know what "policing" forum and wc, and in-game is currently like. If there is much of that at all other than real players telling the higher-ups (Zup) who to ban, and what theyre doing. I think we could use a few extra moderators though for sure. i dont know if zup has a team of moderators to monitor gameplay and forum and so on when he is unable, but i do believe we could always vote a few respectable players to take on the extra load of "policing" if Zup doesnt have anyone atm... just a thought. and yes dire, its terrible that trolls dont see what harm theyre actually doing to the reputation of DF, if they didnt go overboard with everything they do it might not give the game a negative side, but unfortunately its not that way. and adding to the respectable players taking on an extra load, maybe one appointed player per squadron if that be possible, that way we would have quite the police force in the skies and in the chat/forum
The following user(s) said Thank You: EgorDogg{WP}, Cush62, DireWolf{WP}

Lost players and Bad Sports 6 years 8 months ago #364827

• [NLR] Doonesbury
  • Thank you received: 111
I am very annoyed at these noobs who decide to camp on an airfield or carrier in their tank and spawn kill, I make them my main target even if I lose the game!
I honor the fallen enemy by placing a stone on his grave...

Lost players and Bad Sports 6 years 8 months ago #364829

• Alex Galt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
they are trying to learn the game it take time for them if they are true pilots I did the same thing but it took some time for me to understand the game. In the good old day of df1 when I first started I was Intimidated the noobs have to get over the fact there new guys and everyone is out to get them one way or a another we were all noob at one point in are our lives and that's why the noobs are afraid to keep playing because no body really teaches these guys anymore they are out to make moraf and that's the only thing they care about
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, EgorDogg{WP}

Last edit: by Alex Galt.

Lost players and Bad Sports 6 years 8 months ago #364831

• DireWolf{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Balto, the early days of DF1 had mods and folks got upset. Some might remember better than myself, but some mods got a little too power hungry.

But this is a new situation where hacking accts and ruining long term players (and entire squads) reputation is the new norm. So perhaps it's an option that can be on the table. More likely the good folks working together with Zup will find a way to remove the gnats.

Doonesbury, I agree with Alex--the noobs have no one to consistently show them the right way to play. Funny story, my first game I shot at all planes and didn't understand a thing. Ironically it was a MoM who explained how to play---it was either Wig or slatz.

Cheers all!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex Galt, EgorDogg{WP}, StarsandBars, Cypher7{WP}

Lost players and Bad Sports 6 years 8 months ago #364931

• Lone Player
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Play clean and have good reputation.
  • Thank you received: 671
DireWolf {WP} I agree with you.
Many good players have already been returned to new players who have no ethical principle of respect for other riders and as no real attitude of Joaquin cuts the problem at the root we continue to suffer from it. I believe that he is trying to solve the problem, he could share with us the actions that are being taken as it seems that nothing happens. I have several purchased by Steam but only DF Elite game by Windows Store. This is called fidelity by believing in the thematic and commitment of the game developer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DireWolf{WP****}

Lost players and Bad Sports 6 years 8 months ago #364933

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10674
One main thing zup really needs to do is cut all 2nd 3rd 4th 5th accounts ..everyone gets only one account.
Ive seen good players act like butt munches with their other accounts until someone figured out who they were .
Then its all I'll play nice now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}, dognamitt, StarsandBars

Lost players and Bad Sports 6 years 8 months ago #364947

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142

DireWolf{WP} wrote: I hear ya, Alex. I see Wolf Rider's acct was hacked and that could happen to anyone in this game. Wolf Rider is and always was a good ally to WOLF PACK. I hope he has his full acct back soon.

I keep my fingers crossed that all will be back on track soon. Here's hoping Zup can take out the gnats!

Nobody hacked his account. A person created a new account with additional space in the name. Like if you go and create an account named Zuper man. And btw, I don't care if you do. Don't confuse someone creating an account with a similar name as someone hacking the system. There is no way for me to stop someone creating similar names, Zup3rman, superman, zuuperman, and so on... and I don't care if someone does it either. It's easy to spot the account info just by pressing on my name, and since I don't place squadron tags on my name (like [DF], [M] or whatever) the real squadron shows under me when I play.

Now, I don't care people using a similar name as long as they don't pretend to be me. Obviously the moment they are impersonating me or some other person, there is a problem right there and risks a ban.

But, and this has to be clear, jerks can't be stopped. If they could, the internet would be half empty. As long as they don't do anything illegal, you can't send the police to their home and put them in jail. All you can do is ban them, and they come back with a new account. This happen in every forum, every game and every internet place worldwide. In some, you won't notice because there is no interaction among players (you can't chat on Angry birds, can you?) but as soon as you have interaction among players you'll have to handle this constantly.

Some ways they did stop some of it is by requesting real personal info. For instance, in xbox/ps4 you have to enter your name, address and credit card. So if you go and create a new account, you are limited by the number of credit cards you have.

In Dogfight Elite, since you don't need to enter something as personal as your credit card, people just go and create different accounts. They get banned, create a new one. It's not magic, it's not hard, it's a problem always existing on the internet. So what do we do? Well, the same thing I do at every other game or forum... ignore the jerks. Report them and ignore them. They will get banned, create a new account and repeat until boredom. They will get bored when they don't get the attention. The problem is when people non-stop writing about that person... he gets an ego boost, that person has obviously mental issues and all he wants is the attention. People write/comment/post about him? Awesome, he will keep doing it until the end of times. People just shut up and ignore him? Eventually he will move to a different place to get the attention he craves. It's not a mystery, it's human nature for someone with that mentality.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, DireWolf{WP****}, Alex Galt, StarsandBars, [NLR] Doonesbury

Last edit: by zuperman.

Lost players and Bad Sports 6 years 8 months ago #364948

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I did play a gmae where you could only have 1 account on that ip address .
Maybe you could do the same here .?????
As for changing names maybe its time to stop that for a bit

Last edit: by darraxx.

Lost players and Bad Sports 6 years 8 months ago #364949

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

darraxx wrote: I did play a gmae where you could only have 1 account on that ip address .
Maybe you could do the same here .?????

IP addresses are dynamic. I have a new ip address every few hours, like most people on the internet. Unless you have a fiber optic/dsl static ip, you will always get a new ip address. Specially if you play from a mobile device.

Lost players and Bad Sports 6 years 8 months ago #364953

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I did not know that .but that game said only one account per device .so i thought it was ip address related

Lost players and Bad Sports 6 years 8 months ago #364954

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
And what about ssome 9f those things i posted
There were 2 said if you root your device you can get mod abilities

Lost players and Bad Sports 6 years 8 months ago #364955

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Well, I didn't reply because I don't like to waste time on every stupid rumor out there. I've also heard that if you root your device, hold a feather and you will be able to fly with your ears. I can't guarantee you get moderator status but it's worth a shot.
If it works I'll promise to reply to more rumors.

Ps. Even if you got moderator status not sure what you think you get with that. The game doesn't have anything special for moderators. Just watch while I play and beg for people not to shoot at me while testing :p

Last edit: by zuperman.

Lost players and Bad Sports 6 years 8 months ago #364970

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I dont use any of that crap .never had to .i got everything in df the old fashioned way i fought for it.

But im currently in a game now and there is an app that gives you unlimited everthing and people do use it .these people also seem to have faster ships and way faster turning

And i learned not to shoot you .still waiting on that bounty

Last edit: by darraxx.
  • Page:
Moderators: Viper10{WP}DireWolf{WP****}Grandpappy 9+1 {WP}pinkstar30{BLK}{WOLF}Dunc7Sid Dickless WPCypher7{WP}..OWL..{WP*}
Time to create page: 0.531 seconds