TOPIC:

Tank Camping 8 years 6 months ago #291439

• SavageViking
  • SavageViking's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1446
Tank Camping you say? What is that?

Tank Camping is the art of lurking in your plane just beyond the border of "Enemy Territory", usually after dropping your bomb(s) and you want a tank to finish the job.

I've also seen it done next to a base for "spawn-killing" in a Dogfight game, not cool.

As we have debated and argued about relentlessly, there are some tactics and behaviors that are deemed "acceptable" and some that aren't.

I, for one, use this tactic in bombing missions whenever I can. I love my tank, it often feels like my second home (considering how many times I've been shot down!)

I have one mission, to destroy the target. If I'm able to deliver my bombs and then able to get in a tank and finish the job, I consider it a part of that "run"... I would say that the only exception would be if I was able to get a tank in the "Enemy Territory" (a la the Glitch).

Have fun out there
Fly True
Fly Like Gunners
Tank Like Gunners
Never show your back to a Red
I hear the song of the Valkyries, they call to me, they bid me to take my place in the halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live forever.

The following user(s) said Thank You: TXLAWMAN, Armament, infernal, Silver Scar {WP}

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Tank Camping 8 years 6 months ago #291495

• acefreely
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 805
Had a game night before last that offered me the tank 4 times very, very close to the base. I did take one on the hill over looking base. But I drove back over the hill turned around and tried bombing a hanger or so. Then I made a full charge into the base..got two before being bombed in the base. I would point out when I passed on close glitches, I want people to know there gonna get a fair chance when I'm in a game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, SavageViking, infernal, Raz

Tank Camping 8 years 6 months ago #291497

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

Personally I am not a fan or a user of the flyingoverbomblessthenslowingdowntogetthetankclose doctrine, but can recognize it when I see it and just let the person fly around until I get a good clean shot either over water or high enough to give me plenty of time to kill the little chute guy. Some of the newer players or greedy, selfish players will go for the easy stat and wind up doing more harm than good.

Either way its a part of the game. If letting a red get a tank close costs your team the win hopefully everyone will learn and move on to the next game...... or just go to wc and complain. Its the internet after all. Complaints are trending right now....

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gannet, SavageViking, DireWolf{WP****}, Raz

Last edit: by Viper10{WP}.

Tank Camping 8 years 6 months ago #291553

• SavageViking
  • SavageViking's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1446

SavageViking wrote: Tank Camping you say? What is that?

Tank Camping is the art of lurking in your plane just beyond the border of "Enemy Territory", usually after dropping your bomb(s) and you want a tank to finish the job.

I've also seen it done next to a base for "spawn-killing" in a Dogfight game, not cool.

As we have debated and argued about relentlessly, there are some tactics and behaviors that are deemed "acceptable" and some that aren't.

I, for one, use this tactic in bombing missions whenever I can. I love my tank, it often feels like my second home (considering how many times I've been shot down!)

I have one mission, to destroy the target. If I'm able to deliver my bombs and then able to get in a tank and finish the job, I consider it a part of that "run"... I would say that the only exception would be if I was able to get a tank in the "Enemy Territory" (a la the Glitch).

Have fun out there
Fly True
Fly Like Gunners
Tank Like Gunners
Never show your back to a Red

I should have made it clear that when I "drop my bombs" it's on the enemy's base or carrier. Only then will I fly back out over the no-mans-land to get my tank. I would never deliberately "drop" just to get closer so I could tank. That is not cool in a bombing mission...
I hear the song of the Valkyries, they call to me, they bid me to take my place in the halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live forever.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, infernal

• Page:
Moderators: horriblebreastKamikaze King{GI} E*A*G*L*E
Time to create page: 0.964 seconds