• Page:

TOPIC:

My Sopwith Pup book now released 8 years 4 months ago #302939

• Cundall
  • Cundall's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 217
Hello everyone. Fans of WW1 aviation (and we all are here, right?) might be interested in my new book on the Sopwith Pup. The Pup isn't available in Dogfight unfortunately, but it was developed into the Camel, which is.

It's the latest in the Warpaint Guides series, and the first WW1 title in that range. If you're not familiar with it, the Warpaint Guides series publishes monographs on individual aircraft types. Each book contains a concise history of the aircraft, and lots of photos and artwork. More details available here www.guidelinepublications.co.uk/index.ph...RH=&ORDN=&RNZ=428370
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, Kapitan Bomba, Rudolf Rednose, Acegirl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My Sopwith Pup book now released 8 years 4 months ago #302945

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755
wow cundall good work im impressed

Cundall wrote: Hello everyone. Fans of WW1 aviation (and we all are here, right?) might be interested in my new book on the Sopwith Pup. The Pup isn't available in Dogfight unfortunately, but it was developed into the Camel, which is.

It's the latest in the Warpaint Guides series, and the first WW1 title in that range. If you're not familiar with it, the Warpaint Guides series publishes monographs on individual aircraft types. Each book contains a concise history of the aircraft, and lots of photos and artwork. More details available here www.guidelinepublications.co.uk/index.ph...RH=&ORDN=&RNZ=428370

The following user(s) said Thank You: Cundall, Acegirl

My Sopwith Pup book now released 8 years 4 months ago #302947

• Cundall
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Thank you sir :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl

My Sopwith Pup book now released 8 years 4 months ago #302952

• Rudolf Rednose
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 2783
Used to love these books when I was still making model aircrafts.

Looks like a good reference book.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cundall, Acegirl

Last edit: by Rudolf Rednose.

My Sopwith Pup book now released 8 years 4 months ago #302972

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
Hey Matthew,

Congrats on your latest. I'd never seen the Warpaint books before. Great stuff!

I hope they continue with the WW1 planes. I get a kick out of how tiny and light they are. I can't imagine flying at 20,000' much less flying combat in one of these powered kites! We recently took a family vacation which include a stop at the Evergreen Air Museum in Oregon, USA. They had a Sopwith Camel sitting next to the Spruce Goose. (Widest wingspan ever) Lol. Quite a dose of perspective. I think the camel could land on one of the Goose's wings.

Anyway, good show!

Have you published any full volume fiction since "Daedalus and the Deep"? I'd be happy to pick up another one of your books.
B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cundall, Mongo, Acegirl

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

My Sopwith Pup book now released 8 years 4 months ago #302993

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly like its stolen shoot like you mean to keep it
  • Thank you received: 6558

[NLR] McFate wrote: Hey Matthew,

Congrats on your latest. I'd never seen the Warpaint books before. Great stuff!

I hope they continue with the WW1 planes. I get a kick out of how tiny and light they are. I can't imagine flying at 20,000' much less flying combat in one of these powered kites! We recently took a family vacation which include a stop at the Evergreen Air Museum in Oregon, USA. They had a Sopwith Camel sitting next to the Spruce Goose. (Widest wingspan ever) Lol. Quite a dose of perspective. I think the camel could land on one of the Goose's wings.

Anyway, good show!

Have you published any full volume fiction since "Daedalus and the Deep"? I'd be happy to pick up another one of your books.
B)

I got the same question, I just finished Daedalus again not long ago, and im ready for more.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction
(.Y.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, Cundall, Acegirl

My Sopwith Pup book now released 8 years 4 months ago #302999

• Cundall
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Thankyou so much everyone. TR and McFate, I'm delighted you enjoyed Daedalus. I haven't managed to publish more novel length fiction yet, although I have co-edited a book of short stories with another on the way (jaironside79.wix.com/rasssa#!buy/cnec).

I have been working on a novel set in the MTO in 1943, featuring a squadron of A-36 pilots, which I hope you'll enjoy when it eventually sees the light of day. Of course, if anyone would like to read a Beta copy when I've finished a draft in return for some comments, you'd be more than welcome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, Mongo, Rudolf Rednose, Acegirl

My Sopwith Pup book now released 8 years 2 months ago #314666

• Airborne Kiwi
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Who said Kiwi's couldn't fly?
  • Thank you received: 518
Kind of surprised that the pup wasn't added...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.508 seconds