Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This section is for squadrons recruiting, events and chats.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Why you join/leave a squadron. 10 years 3 weeks ago #170862

• Mac
  • Mac's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • They Hate me, but They Can't get Enough of me...
  • Thank you received: 1411
Recently squad jumping has been rampant. In my squad alone, 4 pilots left this week, two newbies joined, and 3 players jumped squadrons to join us. I also jumped squadrons. I recieved offers from over a dozen different squadrons, but joined Gunners Inc. Which immediately prompted several people to ask, "why would you do that? There's over a hundred of them, and their moraf (slayer) wouldn't even be accepted in M.O.M." So I'm writing this to explain why i feel people should join a squadron, as well as my strange decision.
I'll start by saying i haven't the slightest personal desire to start a squadron of my own. This alone probably sets me apart from many, but it's true. Why would i wanna start with a one-man show?
In the case of Gunners Inc, they were a young squad with plenty of scrubs. I was friends with at least 4 of the members and i had seen a lot of them around. And that's what i wanted. I wanted to just be able to hang out with some friends from the squad, and see them around on chat and in forum.
I think people shouldn't give a rat's a$$ about how lucrative or top-notch their squadron is. I get you could feel a sense of pride from being part of a respected fraternity, but IMO, it just puts you in a box with everybody else. I used to want to join MOM or Misfits or NLR, but woild I really enjoy it so much? With Gunners Inc, it could be me, Gamers, Slayer, Rocky, Weazelzgirl (R.I.P.Weazelsgirl), and code tech in chat. Literally everybodg there would be a friend and squadmate.
Plus, why be 34th in 121st, when you could be first in another squadron? To me, this game is just that. If you aren't havingfun and making friends, why play?

Just kidding, i totally wish I was in MOM. Dammit.
You're getting predictable, guys. You can do better, right?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Why you join/leave a squadron. 10 years 3 weeks ago #170864

• *Sapphire*
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • ~Magical Powers~
  • Thank you received: 199
Just two things I have to say..
Gamers is the same person as WeazelzGirl. GamerzGirl=WeazelzGirl. Lol....N I'm dead now...? "R.I.P WeazelzGirl" Hmm.... O.o

Why you join/leave a squadron. 10 years 3 weeks ago #170865

• Mac
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

GamerzGirl wrote: Just two things I have to say..
Gamers is the same person as WeazelzGirl. GamerzGirl=WeazelzGirl. Lol....N I'm dead now...? "R.I.P WeazelzGirl" Hmm.... O.o

I'm sorry, but you really don't catch onto subtle humor, do you?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rudolf Rednose

Why you join/leave a squadron. 10 years 3 weeks ago #170866

• *Sapphire*
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • ~Magical Powers~

Mac McMuffin wrote:

Nope. Not at all....I barley catch onto anything. :blink: Lol

Why you join/leave a squadron. 10 years 3 weeks ago #170867

• Mac
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

GamerzGirl wrote:

Mac McMuffin wrote:

Especially your whole grains, apparently

Why you join/leave a squadron. 10 years 3 weeks ago #170868

• *Sapphire*
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • ~Magical Powers~

Mac McMuffin wrote:

GamerzGirl wrote:

Mac McMuffin wrote:

Especially your whole grains, apparently

Now ur tryna confuse meee. :blink: Lol XD

Why you join/leave a squadron. 10 years 3 weeks ago #170910

• MaDtotheMoM
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lest we forget our fallen heroes.
  • Thank you received: 474
Ok here is my own personal reasoning behind squad/de-squad/re-squadification.

First I joined a squad (the 111th) when there were basically only two proper squads...these were the 111th and enigma, I had friends in both and I was approached by a member of the 111th about joining, I gave it some thought and although I hadn't classed myself as good enough I accepted because of the talks id had about getting trained etc, this in itself sold the deal. Basically you fly with friends, share your stories/tactics (if you are lower ranked) etc and it creates order from chaos. A fair while later things went up in the air and for my own reasons which may have been my own views or maybe not (I will not post them for all and sundry out of respect for the friends I still have in the 111th) - anyway I left and went solo for a while. At that time a new squad was bieng established (this was m.o.m) I knew the guys there, again I hold them as friends but it was a squad in a different mindset, this I watched grow for a while (not all that long) and then wig said to me, you are tagless these days? - I informed him of all the details etc and he said "ok how about you join on a no-strings idea, if you like it stay and if not then you can do whatever you want and I wont force you" this in itself I felt gave mesome freedom and that feeling has stayed since, the guys are all fantastic (as a squad should be) and we are like a familly, guys have sent eachother things, even overseas! And everyone is a sibling, and that to me is the singlemost definition of a squad "familly".

It doesnt matter what squad you join as long as you feel at home there, we have many squads but then everyone is different so there will be a squad somewhere for anyone to be a part of.

In no means would I slate any squads, I have friends in many, the 111th, obviously m.o.m, the missfits, enigma etc. And to my friends in these squads id like to say thankyou for being you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|tSwopCaml, Fiery Tiger

Why you join/leave a squadron. 10 years 3 weeks ago #170911

• Mac
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
I know. I think you guys still don't get that the whole article was a satirical joke...

Why you join/leave a squadron. 10 years 3 weeks ago #170914

• horriblebreast
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly hard, die hard!
  • Thank you received: 6101
sarcasm and the internet generally don't mix unless you are very, very good at punctuation. haw haw.

so what the heck? rock the discotheque!
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|tSwopCaml

Why you join/leave a squadron. 10 years 3 weeks ago #170917

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 13215
I never joke about anything.

Why you join/leave a squadron. 10 years 3 weeks ago #170918

• MaDtotheMoM
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Davy Crockett wrote: I never joke about anything.

Go on davy try it, you may be converted to its dark mysterious power.

Why you join/leave a squadron. 10 years 3 weeks ago #170924

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 809
MadtotheMOM,

I want to thank you personally for this post...You have been one of my good friends in dogfight while you were a Falcon and even afterwards as well. I remember the "good ol days" when we would chat and send encouraging words to each other. I remember at a time when I was going through a real life problem in my life and I was really sad, hurting, etc., you sent me a PM of a Bible verse Zephaniah 3:17 "The Lord your God is in the midst of you is mighty; He will save, He will rejoice over you with joy, He will rest in His love, He will joy over you with singing." You dont know how much that helped me Mad at that time when you sent me that Bible verse. Thank you my friend. I truly thank you.

... You also were one of the Falcons who introduced yourself to me when I first became a Falcon.....I remember you sending me a PM asking me "Swop, what would you like to do within the Falcons?"....and if you remember I said "Mad, I would like to be a Chaplain"...and you helped me to become a Chaplain....I know over time things have been different for awhile but I would like to be one of those who you consider your "Falcon friends"...I hope that you consider me that....Thank you for being part of who I am today as a Chaplain who, while not perfect cause no one is, is doing his best at least. Mad, is there anyway we can be back to the times where you and I were the "best of friends"?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fiery Tiger, [111th]BACONZMMMM

Why you join/leave a squadron. 10 years 3 weeks ago #170925

• Mac
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Whoa swop. I just opened a can of worms...
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|tSwopCaml

Why you join/leave a squadron. 10 years 3 weeks ago #170939

• MaDtotheMoM
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

|111th| tSwopCaml wrote: MadtotheMOM,

I want to thank you personally for this post...You have been one of my good friends in dogfight while you were a Falcon and even afterwards as well. I remember the "good ol days" when we would chat and send encouraging words to each other. I remember at a time when I was going through a real life problem in my life and I was really sad, hurting, etc., you sent me a PM of a Bible verse Zephaniah 3:17 "The Lord your God is in the midst of you is mighty; He will save, He will rejoice over you with joy, He will rest in His love, He will joy over you with singing." You dont know how much that helped me Mad at that time when you sent me that Bible verse. Thank you my friend. I truly thank you.

... You also were one of the Falcons who introduced yourself to me when I first became a Falcon.....I remember you sending me a PM asking me "Swop, what would you like to do within the Falcons?"....and if you remember I said "Mad, I would like to be a Chaplain"...and you helped me to become a Chaplain....I know over time things have been different for awhile but I would like to be one of those who you consider your "Falcon friends"...I hope that you consider me that....Thank you for being part of who I am today as a Chaplain who, while not perfect cause no one is, is doing his best at least. Mad, is there anyway we can be back to the times where you and I were the "best of friends"?

of course Doug, I still do consider you a truly gifted friend. Don't ponder over past issues as whats passed is past. the present is indeed a gift. And the furure is gifts yet to be given.
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|tSwopCaml, Fiery Tiger

Why you join/leave a squadron. 10 years 3 weeks ago #170941

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 809
Mad,

I only mentioned the past so as to to give you and others the proper "framework" and "context" of how we have been friends. I have always wondered how things got sidetracked and if I knew about them or if something that was my fault occurred I would have apologized for it for as you know I'm not afraid to apologize. However, I TRULY consider it an honor for you to consider me a friend.

PS...I also want to thank you for removing the "Lois" thing from the banner...thank you my good friend... :)

Thank you again for the verse you sent to me out of nowhere by PM Zephaniah 3:17....I will cherish that forever. :)

"future are gifts given"....amen to that one Mad... :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: MaDtotheMoM, [111th]BACONZMMMM

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.561 seconds