Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Accumulating Points Explained 11 years 3 months ago #58476

• ZandorHawke
  • ZandorHawke's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The second most famous 'Z' in the game!
  • Thank you received: 539
A number of the items listed below were made obsolete with the release of 4.4.29. Zuperman details some of the changes to the scoring here:

dogfightplay.com/index.php/forum/2-gossi...lection-and-rankings

It appears the "In Game Points" listed below are still correct. It's the Bonus Points and Adjustments that have been changed. For instance (more to come):
  • Bombing Own Hanger = -200 points (recently changed from -50 and before that -500!)
  • Shooting teammate = -50 points (recently changed from -500!)
  • Shooting Own Zep Engine = 0 points (but you will be banned)
  • Shooting Own Zep Structure = 0 points (will NOT be banned)
  • Winning a Game = 600 points (Can also get 200 points instead)
  • Losing a Game = 300 points
  • Landing Safely in Chute = 50 points

Free Tip! If you take a penalty and can quit the game before getting shot down or crashing then you will regain the lost points. Once you crash or are killed, the points lock in.

Free Tip! When in a chute as the game is over, allow yourself to land and you will still get the 50 points. If you exit the game, those points are lost.

Free Tip! If you are in a position to bomb the carrier (via tank or plane) and the carrier reaches 0% (game over), continue to bomb until the "Game Over" screen comes up. Points will accumulate if you get a hit in.

Question - I've seen 200 points and 600 points for winning a game. Anyone else have ideas as to the difference? I think it has to do with how much you contribute to the game.

Question - I don't bomb my own hangar (well, very much). In game a player reported they lost 200 points. Is this true? Last I tested this, it was -50 points.

Original post starts here -

Hey DF Community!

One of the things that bothered me when I first started playing was the lack of consolidated game information. I had to read through the forums and rely on in game chat to figure out the rules but most of what I learned was through trial and (lots of) error.

One of the most basic elements of the game is how to accumulate points. So, what I would like to do with this post is to organize the different ways you earn points (and lose them) in the game and if we can get this somewhat accurate then maybe one of the 57 moderators will stick it for me (ummm...I mean put a sticky on the post so it stays visible all the time).

Please review and reply back with any errors or additions and I'll continue to update this post. My only suggestion is that if you have updates that you do your best to document your points going into the game and what has occurred in-game to then change your points.

Winning Games: (Obsolete with update 4.4.29)
  • Bomb Enemy Airport = 100 points
  • Bomb The Carrier = 100 points
  • Capture The Carriers = 150 points
  • Protect Zeppelin = 100 points
  • Dog Fight = 100 points

In Game Points:
  • Kills (either planes or tanks or soldiers) = 50 points
  • Kills (either planes or tanks or soldiers from a chute) = 50 (see below)
  • Bombing (either carrier or a single hanger) = 50 points
  • Zeppelin Engines = 4 points
  • Zeppelin Engines (from a chute) = 4 points
  • Zeppelin = 4 points
  • Zeppelin (from a chute) = 4 points

Bonus Points:
  • Bomb The Carrier Bonus Points: Needs more work but I received 250 points in one game and 300 in another. Assume it has to do with helping to bomb. Upon further review, yes...it is based on how much you bomb the carrier. It scrolls by so fast that I haven't figured out the logic of it, yet.
  • Zeppelin Bonus Points: Have received 200 points after a Zeppelin win (and after receiving the 100 points) but only after I went into the next game.
  • Other Modes Bonus Points: None that I've seen so far.

Point Adjustments:
  1. All points accumulated during a flight are lost when you get a "connection lost" message.
  2. All points accumulated during a flight are lost when you crash. (I have seen certain cases where this does not happen.) (Obsolete with update 4.4.29)
  3. All points lost on a crash can be reclaimed on your next kill (I even saw this on my next kill in a different game). I have also seen cases where you will not reclaim your lost points. (Obsolete with update 4.4.29)
  4. Lose 50 points when shot down (if you had at least one kill in that flight).
  5. Regain lost 50 points if you safely parachute to the ground.
  6. Lose 50 points when destroyed in tank (if you had at least one kill in that flight).
  7. Zeppelin Points: Still researching but these points seem to be lost on a crash. So, if you accumulate a lot of points shooting the Zep only to crash or be blown up with the Zep, it appears you lose them all.

I have seen some cases that deviate from what is above. In one game I had a number of kills only to be shot down (lost 50 points). I purposely did not jump and hit the retry button when it came up. I was shot down again in my next flight and lost another 50 points even though I had no kills in that specific flight. My thinking is that points are at risk until you jump and land safely or land at your airport (to lock your points in).

I also think that the point adjustments may differ on the mode you are playing. For instance, I didn't lose 50 points when shot down in DF mode.

Hope this helps!
http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w502/MOMsquadron/banner_zandorhawke3_zpsa2e87126
The following user(s) said Thank You: iQQi, Jimboslice27, Paul Mantz, Jr., Dr Dave., ¥M4rtin¥, Gnasher, [*M]VonHuLK, Donm775, mach2, [TFL] muziki1 and 1 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by ZandorHawke.

Points system 11 years 1 week ago #80272

• Gnasher
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • It's today that counts
  • Thank you received: 563
Is there a score list out there for the game, I.e brought down = 50 points.... Shot in parachute = x points etc. I could try and work it out but maybe that already been done :)

Points system 11 years 1 week ago #80277

• ¥M4rtin¥
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • You'll Shoot Your Eye out Kid!
  • Thank you received: 1637
Here is a link that was started about 3 months ago by ZandorHawke. Hope this Helps.

Thanks Zandor!

www.dogfightplay.com/index.php/forum/2-g...ing-points-explained
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gnasher

Accumulating Points Explained 10 years 11 months ago #88365

• ¥M4rtin¥
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • You'll Shoot Your Eye out Kid!
  • Thank you received: 1637
Opening the door to let the light back in!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr.

Accumulating Points Explained 10 years 9 months ago #109551

• |111th|ELANG JAWA
  • Dan terbanglah Elang Jawa, Jemput takdirmu disana
  • Thank you received: 27
im new to this game has been playing for maybe 5 or 6 weeks
after i moved into new server (level 9 above server)
i dont perform well, sometimes played so bad so i didnt score anything, i mean i got shoot more often than i shoot enemy
but my exp level keep increasing, is that something wrong??
sorry my english is not good, english is not spoken in my place, and maybe i am the one and only player from my country
thanks

|111th|Elang Jawa
Between smokes and bullets i find my self save

Accumulating Points Explained 10 years 9 months ago #109552

• yose[M]ite
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 802

Wammy wrote: im new to this game has been playing for maybe 5 or 6 weeks
after i moved into new server (level 9 above server)
i dont perform well, sometimes played so bad so i didnt score anything, i mean i got shoot more often than i shoot enemy
but my exp level keep increasing, is that something wrong??
sorry my english is not good, english is not spoken in my place, and maybe i am the one and only player from my country
thanks

If you win you get points so maybe you are geting the points from your wins :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|ELANG JAWA

Accumulating Points Explained 10 years 9 months ago #109563

• |111th|ELANG JAWA
  • Dan terbanglah Elang Jawa, Jemput takdirmu disana
  • Thank you received: 27

Dixieconfederate wrote:

ah yeah, i think i miss that...thanks for the help, thats very kind of you :)

|111th|Elang Jawa
Between smokes and bullets i find my self save
The following user(s) said Thank You: yose[M]ite

Accumulating Points Explained 10 years 9 months ago #109570

• |111th| MissHell
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • .ƒƒ...Helen...3:P ° ° °
  • Thank you received: 268

Wammy wrote:

Dixieconfederate wrote:

ah yeah, i think i miss that...thanks for the help, thats very kind of you :)

Hi Wammy, nice to see yo here. I know you from the other server for beginners.
I visited this servers before we started with the DogFight Coaches there. :)

Well, how Zandor already posted:

Winning a Game = 600 points
Losing a Game = 300 points

If you see the game over menu at the end of a mission then you should definitely get 300 or 600 points.

Since version 4.4.29 you lose no points if you crash or if you get killed.

But you get always points for:

Landing in parachute = 50 points
Killing a enemy = 50 points
( if he has the same rank like you or lower. Higher ranked players bring much more points )

IMPORTANT !!!
You still can lose points if you leave a game to early or if you lose connection.
If you have to leave a game before it ends then make sure to save your points.

You can save points if you:

1. land in parachute
2. get repaired (what also happens if you bomb hangars)
3. get reloaded

If you spawn with a new plane on runaway after you crashed is not the same!
Your earned points from the last run are still not saved and you will lose them if you leave the game now.

A simple trick to save points:
Take off and shoot some bullets in the clouds. (of course as long no teammate is in front of you)
Then land on runaway to get reloaded. Now you can leave the game without a risk.

But in your hangar you will probably see that you have not one point more than before the game. That happens a lot and is easy to fix. Quit the game complete. Not by using the BACK-button! You need to close the app complete. (App-button or Task-manager)
Now start the game again and you will see you current points. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Deezl, HannaH

Last edit: by |111th| MissHell.

Accumulating Points Explained 10 years 7 months ago #123745

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
  • Thank you received: 2818
And now we have something to spend them on........ ME!......Well ok maybe not but you can spend them now... :)
I could care....But I dont

Last edit: by Dr Dave..

Accumulating Points Explained 10 years 1 month ago #162747

• [*M]VonHuLK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BOOM Game Over...
  • Thank you received: 21656

ZandorHawke wrote: A number of the items listed below were made obsolete with the release of 4.4.29. Zuperman details some of the changes to the scoring here:

dogfightplay.com/index.php/forum/2-gossi...lection-and-rankings

It appears the "In Game Points" listed below are still correct. It's the Bonus Points and Adjustments that have been changed. For instance (more to come):

• Bombing Own Hanger = -50 points (recently changed from -500!)
  • Shooting teammate = -50 points (recently changed from -500!)
  • Shooting Own Zep Engine = 0 points (but you will be banned)
  • Shooting Own Zep Structure = 0 points (will NOT be banned)
  • Winning a Game = 600 points
  • Losing a Game = 300 points
  • Landing Safely in Chute = 50 points

Free Tip! If you take a penalty and can quit the game before getting shot down or crashing then you will regain the lost points. Once you crash or are killed, the points lock in.

Free Tip! When in a chute as the game is over, allow yourself to land and you will still get the 50 points. If you exit the game, those points are lost.

Free Tip! If you are in a position to bomb the carrier (via tank or plane) and the carrier reaches 0% (game over), continue to bomb until the "Game Over" screen comes up. Points will accumulate if you get a hit in.

Original post starts here -

Hey DF Community!

One of the things that bothered me when I first started playing was the lack of consolidated game information. I had to read through the forums and rely on in game chat to figure out the rules but most of what I learned was through trial and (lots of) error.

One of the most basic elements of the game is how to accumulate points. So, what I would like to do with this post is to organize the different ways you earn points (and lose them) in the game and if we can get this somewhat accurate then maybe one of the 57 moderators will stick it for me (ummm...I mean put a sticky on the post so it stays visible all the time).

Please review and reply back with any errors or additions and I'll continue to update this post. My only suggestion is that if you have updates that you do your best to document your points going into the game and what has occurred in-game to then change your points.

Winning Games: (Obsolete with update 4.4.29)
  • Bomb Enemy Airport = 100 points
  • Bomb The Carrier = 100 points
  • Capture The Carriers = 150 points
  • Protect Zeppelin = 100 points
  • Dog Fight = 100 points

In Game Points:
  • Kills (either planes or tanks or soldiers) = 50 points
  • Kills (either planes or tanks or soldiers from a chute) = 50 (see below)
  • Bombing (either carrier or a single hanger) = 50 points
  • Zeppelin Engines = 4 points
  • Zeppelin Engines (from a chute) = 4 points
  • Zeppelin = 4 points
  • Zeppelin (from a chute) = 4 points

Bonus Points:
  • Bomb The Carrier Bonus Points: Needs more work but I received 250 points in one game and 300 in another. Assume it has to do with helping to bomb. Upon further review, yes...it is based on how much you bomb the carrier. It scrolls by so fast that I haven't figured out the logic of it, yet.
  • Zeppelin Bonus Points: Have received 200 points after a Zeppelin win (and after receiving the 100 points) but only after I went into the next game.
  • Other Modes Bonus Points: None that I've seen so far.

Point Adjustments:
  1. All points accumulated during a flight are lost when you get a "connection lost" message.
  2. All points accumulated during a flight are lost when you crash. (I have seen certain cases where this does not happen.) (Obsolete with update 4.4.29)
  3. All points lost on a crash can be reclaimed on your next kill (I even saw this on my next kill in a different game). I have also seen cases where you will not reclaim your lost points. (Obsolete with update 4.4.29)
  4. Lose 50 points when shot down (if you had at least one kill in that flight).
  5. Regain lost 50 points if you safely parachute to the ground.
  6. Lose 50 points when destroyed in tank (if you had at least one kill in that flight).
  7. Zeppelin Points: Still researching but these points seem to be lost on a crash. So, if you accumulate a lot of points shooting the Zep only to crash or be blown up with the Zep, it appears you lose them all.

I have seen some cases that deviate from what is above. In one game I had a number of kills only to be shot down (lost 50 points). I purposely did not jump and hit the retry button when it came up. I was shot down again in my next flight and lost another 50 points even though I had no kills in that specific flight. My thinking is that points are at risk until you jump and land safely or land at your airport (to lock your points in).

I also think that the point adjustments may differ on the mode you are playing. For instance, I didn't lose 50 points when shot down in DF mode.

Hope this helps!

For Donm.

ALL IN 100%
The following user(s) said Thank You: knmh

Accumulating Points Explained 10 years 2 weeks ago #167825

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

I don't know if it's due to the temporary hold zuperman has put on missions or what, but the points I have been seeing for a 'win' in shooting the zep mission is now only 200 (+ the points for actually shooting the zep) whereas before they were 600.. (& I don't know about the 'lost' mission points yet though.. they were 300..) & capturing the carrier is now only 200 points for the win...
Is this what everyone else is seeing too?

Last edit: by ZebraUp.

Accumulating Points Explained 10 years 1 week ago #169314

• ZandorHawke
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

ZebraUp wrote: I don't know if it's due to the temporary hold zuperman has put on missions or what, but the points I have been seeing for a 'win' in shooting the zep mission is now only 200 (+ the points for actually shooting the zep) whereas before they were 600.. (& I don't know about the 'lost' mission points yet though.. they were 300..) & capturing the carrier is now only 200 points for the win...

I have seen that (200 points for a win) and I did update this line:

Winning a Game = 600 points (Can also get 200 points instead)

BUT, I was confused as to the pattern. I thought it had something to do with how much I contributed to the game but different points for different modes makes more sense.
http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w502/MOMsquadron/banner_zandorhawke3_zpsa2e87126

Accumulating Points Explained 9 years 11 months ago #175359

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

ZandorHawke wrote:

ZebraUp wrote: I don't know if it's due to the temporary hold zuperman has put on missions or what, but the points I have been seeing for a 'win' in shooting the zep mission is now only 200 (+ the points for actually shooting the zep) whereas before they were 600.. (& I don't know about the 'lost' mission points yet though.. they were 300..) & capturing the carrier is now only 200 points for the win...

I have seen that (200 points for a win) and I did update this line:

Winning a Game = 600 points (Can also get 200 points instead)

BUT, I was confused as to the pattern. I thought it had something to do with how much I contributed to the game but different points for different modes makes more sense.

Hey Zandor you should do a revised & updated 'Accumulating Points Explained' for the newer players that are still clueless.. and if you speak Spanish do a version in that as well (because I have seen on the Spanish side of the forum the question asked about it)

Accumulating Points Explained 9 years 11 months ago #175482

• mach2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Watch your 6
  • Thank you received: 63
Thanks a bunch ZandoreHawke that help clear up a couple of things for me.
Can you explain for me how the position number provided with your rank is calculated? I know that tells where in you rank among all others holding same rank. I know it's formed by your Numbers scored that's listed under the headings on your status board. I was trying to figure the formula used to compute this rank position number. Thanks again and I will follow this thread.
Mach2
Mach2

Accumulating Points Explained 9 years 11 months ago #175526

• ZandorHawke
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

mach2 wrote: Thanks a bunch ZandoreHawke that help clear up a couple of things for me.
Can you explain for me how the position number provided with your rank is calculated? I know that tells where in you rank among all others holding same rank. I know it's formed by your Numbers scored that's listed under the headings on your status board. I was trying to figure the formula used to compute this rank position number. Thanks again and I will follow this thread.
Mach2

I think the question is how do you calculate your total points from the ranking stats?

Here is Wig's stats from a point in time:
TopName# of kills# hangars bombed# of deads# crashedWon Games
#1. wig!1127919462470951060620461

The simply answer is that you cannot possibly look at your stats and determine the total points. The reasons are that not all of the stats that go into the points accumulation (as shown on the first post) are presented in the ranking stats. For instance, how many times did Wig chute to safety (50 points)? How many times did he shoot the Zep (4 points)? How many times did he team kill someone (minus points)? Hint - In Wig's case it was a lot of team kills. ;)

This isn't to mention that the point values have changed over time so a won game in 2012 is different than a won game in 2014.

Anyway, the way it works is that you start in a rank and accumulate from zero. Your points accumulate as described in the first post in this thread. Your total points within the rank are compared to others within the rank to get your position.

With respect to the overall rankings, for every rank you achieve you get those points that it took to achieve. So, if you are a MORAF then you start with all of the points that it took to get you to that point. You then add in the points you have received while being a MORAF (up to 10 million). In the past, when MORAFs have achieved the maximum points in the rank things got confusing and the top ranking would switch around. So, the MORAF points were taken to 10 million to resolve this. (Not sure if Wig has past that point and how it's handled if more than one pilot has past 10 million).

Hope that helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mach2

Accumulating Points Explained 9 years 11 months ago #175594

• mach2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Watch your 6
  • Thank you received: 63
Thanks for your response Zan, much appreciated.
Mach2
Mach2

Accumulating Points Explained 9 years 2 days ago #256785

• Dunc7
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2040

How do you see your points? I'm currently ranked 805 but have never had any idea how the points are scored, much less where to see them displayed. Thank you for the help.

[img]https://imgur.com/0UdWzoB] [img]https://i.imgur.com/irK7ubH.png[/img]

Accumulating Points Explained 9 years 2 days ago #256798

• DireWolf{WP****}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4958
Hey dunc,

When you enter to play a game your points are at top of screen. Hope that helps.

Accumulating Points Explained 9 years 2 days ago #256816

• Dunc7
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2040

Oh, is that what that is. Thanks Dire!

[img]https://imgur.com/0UdWzoB] [img]https://i.imgur.com/irK7ubH.png[/img]

Accumulating Points Explained 8 years 11 months ago #257826

• nebular
  • Platinum Member