• Page:

TOPIC:

New server changes and who you can fight against 2 years 3 months ago #384176

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
Since many complaints about new users were to be put together with much higher ranks, I've decided to ignore even if the server has 2 people playing and split them on ranking like it used to.

But this time I decided to do it differently. The server will put together people on a 14 range difference. How does this work?

The first person that joins will set the range for the room. Let's suppose you are the person that first join the room.

Example 1: Imagine you are rank 1, a newbie. You will only be placed together with people up to rank 14. Nobody else.
Example 2: Imagine you are rank 47, a MORAF. You will be placed with people minimum ranked 33. You won't see anyone lower than that.

Those are the two extremes. What will be interesting is that since it's a range, the people in between will get interesting results.

Example 3: Imagine you are rank 20. Since the range is of 14 difference, that means you will see people 7 ranks above and below. So you will play with ranks 13 up to 27. That means you will see some WW1 planes (your plane) and some of the WW2 planes. But you won't see a jet that is way higher in the ranks. You will begin fighting MORAFs when you reach around level 31-33.

The idea is that the more that you progress, the fewer WW1 airplanes you will see and the more WW2 airplanes you will fight, but not in such a drastic jump as of right now.

The server has some smart calculations too, to increase that range a bit or lower it a bit depending on the number of people connected. So you may get a range of 20 for instance, but never less than 14.

You will also notice that I'm moving the required rankings to purchase some airplanes higher so that it matches better this system. Also, I'm making it easier to level up, so you don't get stuck in the same level for weeks and can enjoy the game better. This is a work in progress since I have to see how it evolves with these changes.

See you in the skies!

(ps. the poll is still ongoing, I'm leaving it up until Sunday at least).

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, nebular, frits, Pegoud, col8eral, Magnus Canneb, Juan Marni

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by zuperman.

New server changes and who you can fight against 2 years 3 months ago #384177

• col8eral
  • Thank you received: 30
Sounds like fun. Looking forward to it. Thanks Zup. 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.472 seconds