Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

unannounced changes and wierdness - Attn: Zuperman 7 years 10 months ago #336712

• airwolff
  • airwolff's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • seek wisdom
  • Thank you received: 257

ok some changes to the game observed today as i and several others played.

bomb damage value seems to have increased, along with certain scenarios 'win' requirements adjusted. specifically:

BTH: once four out of eight ( 4/8 ) hangars are destroyed, the Victory! screen comes up for the winning side.

BTC: bombs seem to do more damage, (1=20%) so that only 5 airplane bombs are required to sink the ship and win the scenario. tank rounds are less effective, dunno the ratio.

the general effect of these changes is to shorten game length, and considerably.

is this an alternative option to the 'timer', which is present but doesn't do anything right now?

if so, i would greatly prefer the 20m timer, as the games i played tonight under these conditions were fun, but just too short lived. if it were to be these conditions or the timer, i think the timer would be the better option.

also, one more suggestion: in the CTF games, could it be set so nobody carries bombs, like in the zepelin missions? it would be convenient since all players i have seen drop their bombs in the CTF missions anyway.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

unannounced changes and wierdness - Attn: Zuperman 7 years 10 months ago #336736

• {GI} E*A*G*L*E
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Long live GI
  • Thank you received: 3213
I emailed Zup about the hangers as I thought it was a glitch, he said we only need 4 hangers to win now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dunc7, Dera8{WP}

unannounced changes and wierdness - Attn: Zuperman 7 years 10 months ago #336764

• pmoon1{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 851
I think that 4 hangers can still be much longer than the 20 minute timer. I do occasionally bomb a tanker during a cycle game

What doesn't kill you can hurt like the dickens!

unannounced changes and wierdness - Attn: Zuperman 7 years 10 months ago #336767

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
That's interesting.

Better really watch for sneaks now. Originally you were able to take out 3 hangars with a single bomb. Of course you could only carry one bomb to begin with, but a game could end with only 4 bombs. Now I suppose two planes could end a hangar game in a single run.

unannounced changes and wierdness - Attn: Zuperman 7 years 10 months ago #336769

• {GI} E*A*G*L*E
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Long live GI
  • Thank you received: 3213
Yep.

Yesterday Dark Rain was in a game sitting checking his frame rate, so no opposition and I bombed two hangers.

I went back, reloaded and on the way Satan joined, but after taking him out a couple of times he quit so I got two more hangers, and once that fourth hanger got hit, I got You Win.

Thus I emailed Zup about it and he told me we only need to bomb four of the eight hangers to win.

Also, bombs now do 20% damage to the carrier, so you only need to bomb it with five bombs to destroy it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DARK=X=RAIN248

unannounced changes and wierdness - Attn: Zuperman 7 years 10 months ago #336774

• Fallen [M]isfits
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i dont play nice ..with others...100 % Misfit
  • Thank you received: 1955
I never dropped...carry on take off..till can bomb there base....always 2 bombs...but accussed most games off being dropper
The following user(s) said Thank You: pmoon1{WP}

unannounced changes and wierdness - Attn: Zuperman 7 years 10 months ago #336775

• Fallen [M]isfits
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i dont play nice ..with others...100 % Misfit
  • Thank you received: 1955
it why start£d to pick games.fly against misfits..£ that way u no u get gud game..... as long as u play fair
The following user(s) said Thank You: pmoon1{WP}

unannounced changes and wierdness - Attn: Zuperman 7 years 10 months ago #336811

• Husky Dog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3536
Satan quit after being shot down a couple of times?! So surprising. That guy usually brings the fight! :woohoo:

To the fowl whose fiery eyes now burned into thy bosom’s core

unannounced changes and wierdness - Attn: Zuperman 7 years 10 months ago #336832

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
Yeah, I'm just playing around with different options to try to hit the sweet spot of games not lasting forever and also not getting too short.
The following user(s) said Thank You: airwolff, Dera8{WP}

unannounced changes and wierdness - Attn: Zuperman 7 years 10 months ago #336881

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

Mixing it up would be very interesting. I like the idea.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dera8{WP}

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.436 seconds