TOPIC:

Things that are different on Dogfight Elite 8 years 3 months ago #314596

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
Hi everyone,

As you know I've been working non-stop on Dogfight Elite. The beta 1, no surprise, had a bunch of errors that I've been correcting. So far I've submitted the game to Windows 8.1, Windows Phone, Google and Android TV, Amazon and Amazon TV (waiting to go public) and Apple (waiting to go public).

As I explained, this first stage was to make sure things were solid before moving on with the new stuff. Nevertheless you can see things already are different from Dogfight. Here a list:

- Clouds and trees. They finally work as I originally intended. You can hide on the clouds and behind trees. Nobody can disable them. It makes for lot of fun runs with the tank, the soldier, flying between trees and waiting to see who crashes first... or just sneaking taking advantage of the clouds.
- Bullets curve and have different power. Yes, they don't fly like a laser any more. They also hit at different locations and do different damage (an engine hit is different from a wing hit). This is not fully enabled yet but you if you've been playing it, you know it's already in the works.
- Windows do not have a sensitivity choice. I remove it during this stage. It's not a bug. The reason is because phone players complained many times that Windows players had an unfair advantage on their controllers. So the sensitivity is gone until the servers are split in the near future: pc, mac, xbox and ps will run on different servers unless I find a way to make it equal for everyone.
- The graphics quality in general is much better and will get even better. As always I'm debating between adding and improving graphics but leaving out many people who do not have a high end phone or just leave the graphics in between and letting more people play. It's a hard choice because I get many people with high end devices complaining about the graphics quality, but if I add good graphics and bad graphics the game would double in download size. Yet, you can see on this version graphics are way better than on previous versions, even by default configuration.
- No more calibration scene. It is gone. Since now trees, water and clouds are enforced, I don't need a calibration entry scene. I still change some of the graphical things on the fly if the game detects your device is running slow (it switches to different quality of certain graphics and water for instance).
- I also explained it on the original post but many seem to have missed it. This is stage 1, and it has half the airplanes and ranks. That's why everyone got their rank divided by two. The other option was to delete the database and start everyone from scratch. I had to choose between those two options and I chose the least painful one. Dogfight Elite is and will be a different game running separate from Dogfight, since January new accounts on Dogfight do not exist on Dogfight Elite. So this was the best way I could think of helping previous existing players by at least unlocking everything they already got on Dogfight for them.

Thanks to everyone running on the beta. Keep the bugs coming and see you in there. I hope to move to stage 2 real soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: _bts, [M*]JÄCK BÜRTÖN1, baron rojo, [NLR] McFate, ZebraUp, TOPH, Templar, {O}__PREDATOR__, Sharp Shooter, [NLR] The Blue Fighter and 13 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Things that are different on Dogfight Elite 8 years 3 months ago #314601

• _bts
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1091
Thanks for all your hard work zup.Im looking forwards to trying it out when Apple finally publish it!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: {GI} E*A*G*L*E

Things that are different on Dogfight Elite 8 years 3 months ago #314657

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
- You can drive the tank while using the view with the gun sight crosshairs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, SavageViking, Flyin SOB

Things that are different on Dogfight Elite 8 years 3 months ago #314658

• Rudolf Rednose
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 2783
Looking forward to it.

Just knit-picking here, but is that a flipped normal?

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Well, fock.

Things that are different on Dogfight Elite 8 years 3 months ago #314675

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4449
Thats a dangerous place to go nit-picking Rudolf, you'll lose your fingers!

Rudolf Rednose wrote: Looking forward to it.

Just knit-picking here, but is that a flipped normal?

Things that are different on Dogfight Elite 8 years 3 months ago #314707

• BLACKHAWKGHOST
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • pain is temporary ,pride is forever
  • Thank you received: 290
Zip will their be private servers

Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence ,sometimes the most powerful thing you can say is nothing at all

Things that are different on Dogfight Elite 8 years 3 months ago #314846

• Redwasp
  • Thank you received: 81

[quote=
- No more calibration scene. It is gone. Since now trees, water and clouds are enforced, I don't need a calibration entry scene. I still change some of the graphical things on the fly if the game detects your device is running slow (it switches to different quality of certain graphics and water for instance).
.[/quote]

Does this mean that you want be fixing the tilt on the widows8.1 dell tablet? You say it is a problem with my tablet but if that was the case then every other app I have including Dogfight would have the same issues. The only time the tilt is backwards and swapped is one i play dogfight elite. If you not going to fix it then please refund my 1.08. that I paid.

Things that are different on Dogfight Elite 8 years 3 months ago #314896

• Attack! Attack!
  • Thank you received: 0
I heard its out for Apple. My iPad is upgraded to 9.2 can someone send me a link or something? I can't find it. Ty

Things that are different on Dogfight Elite 8 years 3 months ago #314906

• _bts
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1091
No sign of it on the Apple Store yet-but it has been sent to Apple so should appear over the coming days.

Things that are different on Dogfight Elite 8 years 3 months ago #314951

• R E Z
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 771

I guess I've been staying uninformed about DF Elite.
Q: are special 3D glasses needed and if so what/where do you recommend?

Things that are different on Dogfight Elite 8 years 3 months ago #314953

• Jasta1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • To Hell and Back!
  • Thank you received: 1213
REZ, u can download the game same as df on store, on Android, Windows Device.
Apple is not out so far. U need no 3D glasses. Normal playing like DF1.
The following user(s) said Thank You: R E Z

Things that are different on Dogfight Elite 8 years 2 months ago #315404

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Redwasp2 wrote: Does this mean that you want be fixing the tilt on the widows8.1 dell tablet? You say it is a problem with my tablet but if that was the case then every other app I have including Dogfight would have the same issues. The only time the tilt is backwards and swapped is one i play dogfight elite. If you not going to fix it then please refund my 1.08. that I paid.

I can't fix something that it's not broken. It only happens to your computer. I don't know how to explain it. I'll be more than happy to refund the money. I've tried everything possible with your issue: I've took a trip to test different computers, even your own type of computer, I've looked through all possible google searches that could explained, I've spent hours researching why that would be possible... trust me, that's way more than the $1 to me. I did it because it drove me nuts trying to explain why your computer would not work properly. And all I see is post of you complaining and writing a bad review on the store when I clearly said it was Beta1 :?

I can try to add a special setting on the controller so you can reverse the calibration, specifically for you. I mean, for people who has a messed up gyroscope. If that doesn't work, I'll be more than happy to refund the $1, it's definitely wayyyyyyyyyyy less than the cost I've spent looking up this issue trying to help out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: {O}__PREDATOR__, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, nebular, pmoon1{WP}, S. E. Dailey

Last edit: by zuperman.

Things that are different on Dogfight Elite 8 years 2 months ago #315564

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
@Redwasp2
I've just sent an update to Windows that should be out on a few hours. Now you have the option to reverse the up/down and left/right on the controls. That should fix your issue, otherwise send me that laptop so I can refer it to an alien facility.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Gannet, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, nebular

Things that are different on Dogfight Elite 8 years 2 months ago #315571

• DireWolf{WP****}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4958
Hi Zup,

I'm anxious to play. I've downloaded DF Elite and will not open by FB--in a loop that says "logging in" and never does.

I've sent a few emails your way, any suggestions would be great. I'm PC Win 8.1

Thank you for all your hard work! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasta1

Things that are different on Dogfight Elite 8 years 2 months ago #315600

• Redwasp

zuperman wrote:

Redwasp2 wrote: ]

I can't fix something that it's not broken. It only happens to your computer. I don't know how to explain it. I'll be more than happy to refund the money. I've tried everything possible with your issue: I've took a trip to test different computers, even your own type of computer, I've looked through all possible google searches that could explained, I've spent hours researching why that would be possible... trust me, that's way more than the $1 to me. I did it because it drove me nuts trying to explain why your computer would not work properly. And all I see is post of you complaining and writing a bad review on the store when I clearly said it was Beta1 :?

I can try to add a special setting on the controller so you can reverse the calibration, specifically for you. I mean, for people who has a messed up gyroscope. If that doesn't work, I'll be more than happy to refund the $1, it's definitely wayyyyyyyyyyy less than the cost I've spent looking up this issue trying to help out.

I tried the update but the only thing it did was add more controls for the joystick version. I use the tilt on my tablet and if i could fly with the joystick I would. Be that as it may it still isn't fixed.

I don't see how you can say i have a messed up gyroscope when it works fine on all other apps and it works fine on Dogfight. just not Dogfight elite.

You can keep your $1.08 for all your trouble.

Just to summarize it one more time.

DEVICE: DELL VENUE 8 PRO TABLET
OPERATING SYSTEM: WINDOWS 8.1
PROBLEM: When I fly using the tilt feature NOT the joystick feature. the controls are switched. Holding my tablet in a horizontal position. when i lift the top of the tablet it goes right. when i lower the top of the tablet it goes left. When i lift the left side of the tablet it goes up and when i lift the right side of the tablet it goes down.

Things that are different on Dogfight Elite 8 years 2 months ago #315609

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
redwasp2 did you try the setting? even if it's for the joystick, it reverse both I believe, so you can flip the gyroscope too that way. I added it there because if I add it on "gyroscope" option, people would be wondering what the heck is that for. So just go set it up for the joystick, reverse it and then try the tilt to see if it reversed it. Otherwise I can try something different to see if it works. This is trial an error because it's a very special case.

And I understood perfectly what's happening on your device, but that's the problem... it only happens on your device. No Windows 8.1 machine, neither anyone who has downloaded the game has the same problem. I told you, I have no clue what's going on in your machine. There is nothing on the code that has changed from Dogfight and definitely nothing on the code that would detect your name or your machine and decide to behave differently just for you so it could drive you nuts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: {GI} E*A*G*L*E

Things that are different on Dogfight Elite 8 years 2 months ago #315654

• Redwasp

lol it is driving both of us nuts I think. I did try it like you said and still same. About 6 months ago when windows 10 upgrade first was released. I tried it and the same thing happened to Dogfight then what is happening to dogfight elite now. since i couldn't play dogfight with windows 10 i reinstalled windows 8.1. Then dogfight worked like it was supposed to. I don't know if i tried to install windows 10 again will dogfight elite work and then dogfight not. I may try it to see if that is the last option i have.

Things that are different on Dogfight Elite 8 years 2 months ago #317093

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Sorry for being so quiet these few days. I'm desperately waiting for Apple and Amazon to release the game so I can move on with the next stage.

Meanwhile I'm rewriting the backend so that it fixes the issues with the chat, squadrons and name changes. It should be done by today with a new update.
The following user(s) said Thank You: {GI} E*A*G*L*E, S. E. Dailey

Things that are different on Dogfight Elite 8 years 2 months ago #317103

• pmoon1{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 851
Finally did the download and got into a game last night, wow lots of fun, like the changesI think the bullet drop actually improved my accuracy. Trees are sometimes a challenge but they should be. Clouds hiding players completely is a goo feature. Graphics are really good. Good job Zup! I don't think I had one issue mess things up. Just need to get people playing in there!

What doesn't kill you can hurt like the dickens!
The following user(s) said Thank You: S. E. Dailey

Things that are different on Dogfight Elite 8 years 2 months ago #319073

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
btw, while I wait for Apple to release, I'm working on new stuff and I may post pics soon on my twitter account if you want to follow it twitter.com/joaquingrech
sometimes I post there screenshots while I work
The following user(s) said Thank You: {GI} E*A*G*L*E, #1 GHOST, S. E. Dailey

Things that are different on Dogfight Elite 8 years 1 month ago #322510

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
I'm loving elite! B)

After a the last couple of days in elite, the original version seems kind of "flat". Here are some more differences: (I'm using an iPad mini with iOS 9)

(Be sure to read Zup's post at the head of this thread.)

* You can set the brake and throttle up without flipping forward and crashing....after you reach full throttle the brake automatically releases and you can immediately become airborne... this will be very helpful against spawn killers, especially the inbound bombers.

* The landing gear can take more of a hit. You can bounce across the ground, across a roof, the bridge, the Zeppelin at full throttle....You need to maintain a decent angle but it is definitely going to help prevent many crashes. On the other hand you can now effectively make the enemy crash by hitting them with your landing gear and you keep flying! More experimentation needed here but there will definitely be some new skills to work on.

* The tanks can go almost anywhere.... not under water, nor into the building at the end of the bridge, but they can cross new terrain such as the steep hillside just to the southeast of the bridge. They are very hard to tip over and when they do they can get back upright. They no longer stop instantly when you hit the camera view, it takes some getting used to but you can also now aim while moving. The tank shots don't have such a long range now, it may just be added effects of the ballistic drop.

* When you get in the chute you are facing 90° from your original direction. (Not sure if this is true for everyone) I like it... it makes the chutes a little less deadly...I'm sure others will complain. Sigh. On my iPad I often don't have bullets unless I hit the camera view several times. If I don't I can still aim and make noise but no bullets.

* I've heard several people saying they lost their aiming crosshairs...again just hit the camera view a few times and it comes back.

* Hiding behind clouds, hills and trees is fun. Clouds obscure name tags before the planes are completely invisible...you can end up not knowing if you're looking at a blue or a red. You can now do surprise attacks from behind the clouds as you drop in on the head-ons in "valley of death" from above. The "pipers" still work as normal (the triangles along the edges of the screen and the dots on the map) but if the plane and name tag are behind something you can't see them. The way you could use the name tag of a spawning plane to direct your tank shots from a covered position doesn't work so well any more. Parts of name tags can poke up over a hill before you can see the plane, sometimes you can see bits of the name tag through the trees....

* The trees! I love the trees! They add a whole new dynamic! They are solid...you can crash into them, you can turf your way through them, they can block you view, your bullets and tank shots. Tanks are a whole new thing with the trees around.... You will need to be more concerned about where you let a red get in a tank... don't let them tank near your carrier in the dense woods! They can hide in the "briar patch". "Oh please! Don't shoot me down in the deep dark woods!" Lol. This is going to be a lot of fun but I'm sure it will be a high point of contention. In CTF the flag will only be able to be recovered from the forest with tanks or on foot. Can you say "strategic team killing"? If it carries over to BTC there will be a lot of new complaints about more "dirty tactics".

* The biggest complain I hear (and share) is that the planes are hard to see (especially at long range) in the name tags. The ballistic drop makes long range targeting tougher too...you can't just aim for one fixed spot. You can adjust the size in settings but I have to go back and reset each time I re-enter the app. So far I've had good luck with leaving to change settings and being able to get back to the same game. Check it out though, you may find it a disadvantage to reduce the name tags too much.

Now go play elite!
B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScreaminEagle, Mongo, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, Fallen [M]isfits

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

Things that are different on Dogfight Elite 8 years 1 month ago #322543

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755
zup still in elite the plane is in between the squad tag and the name tag of players it seems to be sandwiched till you get close then the plane drops down .With players with no squad the plane always appears below and i dont have this issue .i find shooting no squaded planes easier .can you place the squad and players name both above the plane please? this needs fixing its real bad and seems to be what most players complain about ty Dog
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate

Things that are different on Dogfight Elite 8 years 1 month ago #322548

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4939
I would like to add one point about chuting. this may not happen to every one, but it happens on my device. If chuting into tree cover, you actually have to land in proper chuting position. If your to horizontal and your chute hits tree, you will get crashed. Or in the open you cant land upside down or you get crashed. For eg. You are inverted because you are trying to shoot down plane as it passes over you. Great post Fate

Things that are different on Dogfight Elite 8 years 1 month ago #322763

• Flyin SOB
  • Thank you received: 25

But...now I go on elite, and ALL MY PLANES ARE NOW GONE !!!!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.881 seconds