Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #314091

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat
  • Thank you received: 864

Thanks again for fixing my sign in woes, Zup. On that note, I noticed something related to that:

I went and changed my temporary password through the "tools" page on the forum, and it confirmed that I had successfully changed my password. As I understood it, the last update fixed the nametag size issue for some people, so I decided to uninstall/reinstall to see if a clean install would fix it on my system.

It turns out that the forum tools didn't change my password for Elite, only for Dogfight. I'm assuming that's just something you haven't messed with at this point in beta, but if both games are going to share the same forum, how will changing passwords in elite be handled? :huh:

BTW;
  • reinstall did not fix the nametag size issue on my system.
  • I guess it might be some sort of "clipping" issue, but I'm seeing a lot of weird stuff where the clouds interact with the mountains, and the water where it intersect the shoreline that wasn't there earlier today . . . looks like it's having a seizure or something.
  • Brakes still will not hold.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by S. E. Dailey.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #314157

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
  • Thank you received: 9789

S. E. Dailey wrote: if both games are going to share the same forum, how will changing passwords in elite be handled? :huh:

zuperman wrote:

Rudolf Rednose wrote: Just a couple of questions:

Will the chat and/or the forum be combined between DF and Elite?

The chat definitely no. It will be different.
The forum, it will be different eventually. The reason is because I want to integrate the squadron stuff into the forum. But I haven't set a deadline for that yet.

hopefully, zuperman will start Elite Forum soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: airwolff, S. E. Dailey

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #314162

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.

zuperman wrote: Update for Windows 8.1
- Fixed parachute shooting.
- Improved all explosions.
- Fixed brake button.
- Fast water similar to the high quality one.

yesterday i saw the Windows update on Windows's Store but today it was not there. Zuperman can you please check whether it's still there.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #314163

• airwolff
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • seek wisdom
  • Thank you received: 257

how do you force an update? i don't get a 'check for updates' button unless i'm installing something new...
The following user(s) said Thank You: S. E. Dailey

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #314164

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.

DF Elite update related for Windows 10 PC.

Status as on 13-Jan-2015 at 18:30(Indian Standard Time):

NEW ISSUES:
  1. By Dailey........-the water where it intersect the shoreline looks like it's having a seizure or something.
  2. By Dailey.......-Brakes release itself after few second on full throttle.
OLD ISSUES:
  1. Sensitivity Bar........- still Missing and not available.(In stead of 50% default, could you please set it to 100%)
  2. PARATROOPER........- paratrooper bullets not hitting plane/ineffective while in air. Resolved. (Now working after latest update)
  3. PARATROOPER........- paratrooper faces 90 degree left to enemy plane after ejecting.(Seems fixed by zuperman)
  4. Zepplin........................- Sometimes Zepllin didn't bomb the hangars after reaching the base. (Seems resolved)
  5. Crash Inside the carrier........................- after crash inside the carrier when you hit retry, it takes your plane backward at fast speed from the respawn point and made you crash again by hitting your plane into one of the building- Still happening often.
  6. Plane Shooting.........- Sometimes ally side plane won't get down inspite of hitting many times and hits are registering on screen too. (Didn't happened again)
  7. Long Range Shooting.........- Now long range shooting is not possible. Zup have you limited the distance beyond which the bullet can't hit plane.]Clarified. Bullets follow natural trajectory now, so adjust your shooting accordingly.
  8. Name Tag Size......- Resolved. (Download the latest Update)
  9. Target Circle vanishes......- Resolved. (Download the latest Update)
  10. In capture the carrier mission, taxiing on carrier itself reset the timer (plane didn't take off) whereas in previous DF, you have to take off to reset the counter.
  11. Server Login Error - Resolved (Download the latest Update)

Last edit: by [NLR] The Blue Fighter.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #314166

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.

airwolff wrote: how do you force an update? i don't get a 'check for updates' button unless i'm installing something new...

Go to Store, click on the "account icon" adjacent to Search bar on right top corner of you PC.
Then pres download and update and then check for update.

If any update is available, it will show up.

PS: If not, it's quite possible the system automatically installed it for you if you have enabled automatic apply updates.
The following user(s) said Thank You: airwolff, S. E. Dailey

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #314205

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat

[NLR] The Blue Fighter wrote:

airwolff wrote: how do you force an update? i don't get a 'check for updates' button unless i'm installing something new...

Go to Store, click on the "account icon" adjacent to Search bar on right top corner of you PC.
Then pres download and update and then check for update.

If any update is available, it will show up.

FYI, I just did this, and it shows that there are no updates available, so we can assume that my version of DF Elite is up to date.

DF Elite update related for Windows 10 PC.

Status as on 12-Jan-2015 at 14:30(Indian Standard Time):

NEW ISSUES:
  1. By Dailey.......-Brakes release itself after few second on full throttle.
OLD ISSUES:
  1. PARATROOPER........- paratrooper faces 90 degree left to enemy plane after ejecting.
  2. Crash Inside the carrier........................- after crash inside the carrier when you hit retry, it takes your plane backward at fast speed from the respawn point and made you crash again by hitting your plane into one of the building.
  3. Plane Shooting.........- Sometimes ally side plane won't get down inspite of hitting many times and hits are registering on screen too.
  4. Sensitivity Bar........- still Missing and not available.
  5. Name Tag Size......- Resolved. (Download the latest Update)
  6. In capture the carrier mission, taxiing on carrier itself reset the timer (plane didn't take off) whereas in previous DF, you have to take off to reset the counter.

• Regarding New Issue 1.: I've also noticed a new, brake-related issue; you do not have to touch your brakes to start a reload. Once you land, the advisory to touch your brakes to start reloading flashes, but the reload starts automatically, even if you haven't touched your breaks. Honestly, I've never paid that much attention to it in DF so I don't know if it is working there or not.

• Old Issue 1.: Question; what position would one be in when you're jumping out of a biplane? It seems like you would likely be facing the direction you're jumping, and that you wouldn't jump over the nose or tail. From personal experience (in my misspent youth) you don't have a lot of control over where you are facing until after your chute opens, then you correct . . . sort of like how it works in the game. ;)

• Old Issue 2.: I still haven't managed to reproduce this yet (silly reds actually showing up in game and shooting at me) . . . don't know if it's fixed, but I haven't done the double crash yet. It has, however, unceremoniously dropped me back at the spawn point from about 20 feet up at least once.

• Old Issue 3.: I haven't been on the shooter side of this yet, but I was in a game where I was getting owned by a superior pilot in a superior plane . . . until we got in a prolonged turning battle over my base, and he asked me if I was "immortal." Apparently he had hit me several (20+) times. I don't recall if the chat informed me of that, but I was busy trying not to die. :lol:

• Old Issue 4.: still not there for me.

• Old Issue 5.: Not resolved for me. I'm still chasing big red marquees with little tiny planes stuck to them. :pinch:

• Old Issue 6.: Have not noticed this. I tried to reproduce it, but those darned reds came calling again. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #314354

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.

In capture the carrier mission, taxiing on carrier itself reset the timer (plane didn't take off) whereas in previous DF, you have to take off to reset the counter.

Watch the video, I haven't take off still manage to reset the counter to 89. Plane seems bubbling like taxiing on uneven ground.I'm on Windows 10, PC

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #314389

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat

After installing the latest DF Elite update for Windows 10 PC.

Status as on 13-Jan-2015 at 11:30 (Eastern Standard Time):

OLD ISSUES:
  • Some of the clouds where they touch the mountains, and the water where it intersect the shoreline still look like they're having a seizure or something.
  • Brakes still release after few second on full throttle.

NEW ISSUES:
  • I've also noticed a clipping issue with the shadows on the roof of one of the buildings at the airfield . . . looks like a fluorescent lightbulb going bad.
  • In Capture the Flag, the "Go get the enemy flag!" warning pops up every time I pick up the enemy flag. It's the same warning that you get in Dogfight
    if you fly through your own flag while it is still at your base.

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, nebular

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #314455

• WEREWULF
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 435
ZUPERMAN,

Any news on when Elite will be available on Windows Phone?

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #314496

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142

WEREWULF wrote: ZUPERMAN,

Any news on when Elite will be available on Windows Phone?

Really soon

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #314544

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.

Zuperman,

Please bring back the sensitivity bar for PC users.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #314548

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat

Zuperman,

I'm not sure, but I think that without the bar, the game is giving us near maximum sensitivity. It seems to give me some of the same issues I had in Dogfight before I discovered that Maximum was too much for me on keyboard aiming. Then again, it might be because of the updated ballistics, or a combination of the two. :huh:

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #314549

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.

S. E. Dailey wrote:

Zuperman,

I'm not sure, but I think that without the bar, the game is giving us near maximum sensitivity. It seems to give me some of the same issues I had in Dogfight before I discovered that Maximum was too much for me on keyboard aiming. Then again, it might be because of the updated ballistics, or a combination of the two. :huh:

No Dailey it's not full sensitivity. You engage yourself in turnfight with any android user flying with full sensitivity and check whether you can catch him. I am not. So I know it's default which is around 50%.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gustavo fire, S. E. Dailey

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #314552

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat

That makes sense, Blue.

I had tried max sensitivity on DF and noticed that I had a lot of problems with "over-steering" while aiming with the keyboard arrows. Dialing it back to just under two thirds fixed it in DF.

It seems like I'm having the same experience in Elite, but it might just be getting use to the new ballistics.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #314651

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4449
Just come back from holiday, and downloaded Elite to test.
Arrogant Microsoft ! Thinks the sun rises and sets in USA !
(Like most yanks. ;) )

I had to put in a false usa state and post code in order to pay by visa. It wouldn't let me choose any other country than USA !

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #314656

• 6gun
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 165
I see it rise east of me an sets west of me.you mean the sun doesnt only shine on us?I have been lied to my whole life.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gannet

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #314667

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.

zuperman wrote: Hi everyone,

As you know I've been working non-stop on Dogfight Elite. The beta 1, no surprise, had a bunch of errors that I've been correcting. So far I've submitted the game to Windows 8.1, Windows Phone, Google and Android TV, Amazon and Amazon TV (waiting to go public) and Apple (waiting to go public).

As I explained, this first stage was to make sure things were solid before moving on with the new stuff. Nevertheless you can see things already are different from Dogfight. Here a list:

- Windows do not have a sensitivity choice. I remove it during this stage. It's not a bug. The reason is because phone players complained many times that Windows players had an unfair advantage on their controllers. So the sensitivity is gone until the servers are split in the near future: pc, mac, xbox and ps will run on different servers unless I find a way to make it equal for everyone.

Sir zuperman,

By removing the sensitivity bar from windows pc you have now given unfair advantage to all other devices which have them. As it will be difficult to shoot head on now due to bullets trajectory and continuous movement of plane, we expect there will be more turn fight encounters in BTC/BTB missions. I have been in games where the android user just shot me down with ease in turn-fight as my plane couldn't match his plane speed.

May we request you to give the option of sensitivity bar but restrict its efficiency to 90-95% only so we (the PC users) have fair chance to fight back.

Please reconsider the option and let us know your decision.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #314674

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4449
Tried it for first time, after download today.
On Windows 10, Dell PC, ATI Radeon HD 3450 video.
Worked fine.

Minor points:

Trees in mid distance shimmer. Close and far are stable.
Waters edge keeps changing when close, sort of like waves going in and out.
Crash into water, it suddenly changes to descent over normal landscape until you hit the bottom.
Flying the Eindecker german monoplane, I had a stationary vertical propeller as well as the spinning disc.
The dead spot in the centre of the joystick position (xbox 360) is far too big, makes fine control hard to use. (was in DF1 also)

So far so good, well done Zuperman.

Last edit: by Gannet.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #314976

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
New bug, the firing stops all of sudden and you touch down it restarts. Happened to me for first time but my squad mate NLR MAD MAX 2 reported it several times in a game. That time only he was experiencing but now it seems spreading.

Myself and Mad max 2 play on PC / Laptop, both having windows 10. I play using logitech controller and he plays using arrow keys.

Secondly, World Chat in elite keep loading history whenever you join the game.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #314987

• Redwasp
  • Thank you received: 81

quote=
- No more calibration scene. It is gone. Since now trees, water and clouds are enforced, I don't need a calibration entry scene. I still change some of the graphical things on the fly if the game detects your device is running slow (it switches to different quality of certain graphics and water for instance).
.[/quote]

Does this mean that you want be fixing the tilt on the widows8.1 dell tablet? You say it is a problem with my tablet but if that was the case then every other app I have including Dogfight would have the same issues. The only time the tilt is backwards and swapped is one i play dogfight elite.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #314990

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.

Redwasp2 wrote: quote=

Does this mean that you want be fixing the tilt on the widows8.1 dell tablet? You say it is a problem with my tablet but if that was the case then every other app I have including Dogfight would have the same issues. The only time the tilt is backwards and swapped is one i play dogfight elite.

Try disabling the auto rotate option and se whether tilt work properly.

Mention your device name, model if it doesn't work.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #315115

• DireWolf{WP****}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4958
Just downloaded DF Elite. It stalls at sign in with FB--any suggestions?

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #315125

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat

Status as on 18-Jan-2015 at 10:00 (Eastern Standard Time):

FYI, as far as I can tell, there have been no new updates since 13 January.

OLD ISSUES:
  • Still having the same issues with clouds on mountains, shadows on buildings, and water everywhere having epilepsy.
  • Still having the problem with the brake disengaging after a second or two at full throttle.
  • I haven’t had the opportunity to check the "Go get the enemy flag!" issue recently.

.Squeaky. wrote: Zup I have all latest updates installed on windows 10. I still have issues with name tag. I want it smaller than the pre set size. I have to adjust it before every game as it wont save for more than 1 game. Thank you in anticipation.

• I wish this was still my status with the nametag issue. It seemed like I could get it to adjust if I did it before each game four or five days ago (1/14-1/15/2016), but that hasn’t worked since then. Every game it is stuck on the preset size.
NEW ISSUES:
  • Not really a new issue, but it is the first time reporting it; the win/loose screen that pops up at the end of a match is larger than the one in DF or is placed differently so that it covers the chat entry window. Kind of a minor thing, but it makes it impossible to give everyone the traditional “gg” at the end of a session.
  • ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, nebular

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #315129

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat

zuperman wrote:
- Windows do not have a sensitivity choice. I remove it during this stage. It's not a bug. The reason is because phone players complained many times that Windows players had an unfair advantage on their controllers. So the sensitivity is gone until the servers are split in the near future: pc, mac, xbox and ps will run on different servers unless I find a way to make it equal for everyone.

Sir zuperman,

By removing the sensitivity bar from windows pc you have now given unfair advantage to all other devices which have them. As it will be difficult to shoot head on now due to bullets trajectory and continuous movement of plane, we expect there will be more turn fight encounters in BTC/BTB missions. I have been in games where the android user just shot me down with ease in turn-fight as my plane couldn't match his plane speed.

May we request you to give the option of sensitivity bar but restrict its efficiency to 90-95% only so we (the PC users) have fair chance to fight back.

Blue,

. . . the sensitivity is gone until the servers are split in the near future . . .

That having been said, and after now having played several games in Elite:

I’ll start with the caveat that I haven‘t had many encounters with “equal planes” (I’m either in a SPAD XIII going up against a Dr.I or Schuckert, or I’m in my D.III “Ava" against a Triplehound or a Camel), but there is definitely a noticeable difference now. It’s hard to gage exactly how much of it is programming vs how much is just a better pilot in a better plane. In a DF turning fight, I can be a threat (albeit a minor one :lol: ) to most people . . . in Elite, it feels like even the greenest noob could take me if they have either a superior plane or they’re not on a Windows PC.

I'm looking forward to all the new features in Elite, but when the server split comes, the loss of airtime with some of my favorite (non-PC) fliers is going to sower that a bit. Sure, we can split our time between Dogfight and Dogfight Elite, but gaming time is a finite resource for most of us.

Any programming gurus out there want to pony up the magic coding that will allow Zup to provide balanced gameplay without splitting the servers? :silly:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Viper10{WP}

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #315141

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.

[GI]GhostWolf wrote: Just downloaded DF Elite. It stalls at sign in with FB--any suggestions?

Just replied, check your pm inbox.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DireWolf{WP****}

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #315167

• Redwasp

BLUE FIGHTER WROTE:

I tried it and still is swapped. I read in forum at the Unity 3d site that some times it happens and gave a solution to the problem. I tried emailing it to zup and either I didn't send it to the rt place or he didn't see it. Either way I am screwed from playing elite. Thanks for trying though. If you know an email address that he checks then please send it to me. I will send the info I have to him.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #315210

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.

Redwasp2 wrote: BLUE FIGHTER WROTE:

I tried it and still is swapped. I read in forum at the Unity 3d site that some times it happens and gave a solution to the problem. I tried emailing it to zup and either I didn't send it to the rt place or he didn't see it. Either way I am screwed from playing elite. Thanks for trying though. If you know an email address that he checks then please send it to me. I will send the info I have to him.

It's This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Let me know your device name, make and model. I will try to search for solution.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 2 months ago #315347

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat

Status as on 19-Jan-2015 at 14:00 (Eastern Standard Time):

FYI, as far as I can tell, there have been no new updates since 13 January.

OLD ISSUES:
  • All still the same.
NEW ISSUES:
  • About 98% of the time, if I hit the ESC key to check status during a game, hitting it again will not close the status screen. It will only close by using the mouse on the onscreen resume button. It works correctly in DF so I assume the problem is not with my keyboard.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 2 months ago #315390

• Redwasp

Redwasp2 wrote: BLUE FIGHTER WROTE:

It's This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Let me know your device name, make and model. I will try to search for solution.

My device is a: Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet. Windows 8.1 operating system.

Time to create page: 0.608 seconds