Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #313615

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat
  • Thank you received: 864

Well, my DF Elite experience is going from bad to worse. I was getting all the way to trying to sign in and getting the email/password/Facebook not recognized screen followed by a fail from the "forgot password" feature.

Now I get through either all or part of the Echoboom screen, and then it crashes back to the Windows Store. I've removed and reinstall a couple times, with the same results. :huh:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #313616

• Redwasp
  • Thank you received: 81

zuperman wrote: Working on a fix. For some reason on my development system it doesn't happen but if I download it from the store I see the same problems than you.

I'll post as soon as I send the update. The only one that I don't get to reproduce is the reversed tilt control.
Do you mean the up/down is reversed or the left/right is reversed?

Zup on my Dell venue 8 pro tablet the tilt is swapped. Normally when I want to go up I raise the top of the tablet up and down is lower tablet top down. Now if I raise the top of my tablet up it goes left and when I lower the top of the tablet it goes right. and same problem with left side of tablet and rt side of tablet.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #313618

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
  • Thank you received: 9789

Redwasp2 wrote:

zuperman wrote: Working on a fix. For some reason on my development system it doesn't happen but if I download it from the store I see the same problems than you.

I'll post as soon as I send the update. The only one that I don't get to reproduce is the reversed tilt control.
Do you mean the up/down is reversed or the left/right is reversed?

Zup on my Dell venue 8 pro tablet the tilt is swapped. Normally when I want to go up I raise the top of the tablet up and down is lower tablet top down. Now if I raise the top of my tablet up it goes left and when I lower the top of the tablet it goes right. and same problem with left side of tablet and rt side of tablet.

Check if it solves your problem:

Go To Control -> press Ok button- click on realistic screen-> uncheck reverse up and down. (If it is already uncheck, select it) and then press save. See if it works or not.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #313621

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.

Received update for Windows 10 PC. If possible kindly mention update version (by clicking on "About Button")like before so that one can always know which update player is using.

Status after update as on 09-Jan-2015 at 9:47(Indian Standard Time):

1. Sensitivity Bar........- still Missing and not available.
  2. Name Tag Size......- still not saving.
  3. Target Circle vanishes......- Have to press the camera button to get it back.
  4. In capture the carrier mission, taxiing on carrier itself reset the timer (plane didn't take off) whereas in previous DF, you have to take off to reset the counter.
  5. Server Login Error - Resolved

The following user(s) said Thank You: Templar

Last edit: by [NLR] The Blue Fighter.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #313625

• Redwasp

Check if it solves your problem:

Go To Control -> press Ok button- click on realistic screen-> uncheck reverse up and down. (If it is already uncheck, select it) and then press save. See if it works or not.[/quote]

Yes I tried that and that isn't the problem. the problem is when I want to go up it goes rt and when i want to go down it goes left. when I want to go right it goes it goes up and when I want to go left it goes down.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #313626

• TOPH
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 181

works with windows 10 but frames / lag a little
[/IMG]

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #313649

• Redwasp

no it did not. thanks though. that is the only problem i have is the tilt

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #313717

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
I've just sent an update so it should be out on a couple of hours.
The name tags should be able to adjust.
The reverse of the joystick so that it goes up/down is now fixed.

@redwasp2 what device do you use? it seems your device is completely off (left/right and up/down on opposite order). I don't have any device that has that problem :?
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #313752

• DarkMickey
  • Thank you received: 28

Redwasp2 is your screen rotation locked or not? If yes try unlocking it, to me it seems that yout tab is locked screen rotation and buggy when you play on side.

Last edit: by DarkMickey.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #313777

• Gone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 540
ZUP JUST INSTALLED ELITE LIKE 2 HOURS AGO. SO FAR SO GOOD I LIKE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE. IF I RUN IN TO TROUBLE FOR SURE ILL LET YOU KNOW. IM SURE ONCE THE FULL VERSION WITH EVERYTHING IS OUT ILL WILL AWESOME.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #313779

• Redwasp

zuperman wrote: I've just sent an update so it should be out on a couple of hours.

@redwasp2 what device do you use? it seems your device is completely off (left/right and up/down on opposite order). I don't have any device that has that problem :?

it is completely opposite like you said it is a Dell Venue 8 Pro. windows 8.1 8" tablet. It works great on dogfight but is completely opposite on dogfight elite. every thing else on elite works fine.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #313782

• Gone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 540
1 thing so far zup ive noticed, brake light wont go on when brake is activated. brake works but light wont go on kind of hard to know if brake works or not without light. ill keep you posted if i see other problems. ok cya
The following user(s) said Thank You: airwolff

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #313811

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.

Received DF Elite update for Windows 10 PC.

Status after update as on 10-Jan-2015 at 11:18(Indian Standard Time):

NEW ISSUES:
  1. PARATROOPER........- paratrooper bullets not hitting plane/ineffective while in air.
  2. PARATROOPER........- paratrooper faces backward to enemy plane after ejecting.
  3. Zepplin........................- Sometimes Zepllin didn't bomb the hangars after reaching the base. (See pic below)
  4. Crash Inside the carrier........................- after crash inside the carrier when you hit retry, it takes your plane backward at fast speed from the respawn point and made you crash again by hitting your plane into one of the building.
  5. Plane Shooting.........- Take 5-6 shots to bring down the enemy plane if it doesn't carry bomb and with bomb it takes 4 bullets. Sometimes ally side plane won't get down inspite of hitting many times and hits are registering on screen too.
  • Long Range Shooting.........- Now long range shooting is not possible. Zup have you limited the distance beyond which the bullet can't hit plane.]Clarified. Bullets follow natural trajectory now, so adjust your shooting accordingly.

• OLD ISSUES:
    1. Sensitivity Bar........- still Missing and not available.
    2. Name Tag Size......- Resolved. (Download the latest Update)
    3. Target Circle vanishes......- Resolved. (Download the latest Update)
    4. In capture the carrier mission, taxiing on carrier itself reset the timer (plane didn't take off) whereas in previous DF, you have to take off to reset the counter.
    5. Server Login Error - Resolved (Download the latest Update)

Attachments:

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #313841

• zuperman
    • Administrator
    • Administrator

Redwasp2 wrote:

zuperman wrote: I've just sent an update so it should be out on a couple of hours.

it is completely opposite like you said it is a Dell Venue 8 Pro. windows 8.1 8" tablet. It works great on dogfight but is completely opposite on dogfight elite. every thing else on elite works fine.

Well, I've just came back from a mall. I've tried about 10 different brands of computers using Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 and none has this problem. I even tried a Dell Venue!

I have no clue what you have on that system but it is definitely not something reproducible. There is nothing on Dogfight Elite that would make the tilt work different than Dogfight either since that's just getting whatever the device info provides. In short, try googling what's going on because it only happens to you as far as I know.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: baron rojo, [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #313885

• Redwasp

Zupernan wrote

Well, I've just came back from a mall. I've tried about 10 different brands of computers using Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 and none has this problem. I even tried a Dell Venue!

I have no clue what you have on that system but it is definitely not something reproducible. There is nothing on Dogfight Elite that would make the tilt work different than Dogfight either since that's just getting whatever the device info provides. In short, try googling what's going on because it only happens to you as far as I know.

I don't know either if i knew what drivers controlled the tilt in the game I could get dell to send me new drivers. a similar thing happened when i tried to upgrade to windows 10 on my tablet. When I up graded to the new windows 10 I could not play dogfight for the same reason. I called dell and Microsoft then but they are idiots at Microsoft. I reinstalled windows 8.1 and dogfight tilt worked. Could you tell me or pm me what drivers control the tilt function so i can play elite.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #313902

• Redwasp

zuperman wrote:

Redwasp2 wrote:

OK I HAVE UNINSTALLED DOGFIGHT AND DOGFIGHT ELITE. THEN I REINSTALLED THEM.
    DOGFIGHT CONTROLS WORK LIKE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO.
    DOGFIGHT ELITE TILT STILL REVERSED AND SWAPPED. SO TELL ME ZUP WHAT IS DIFFERENT INNTHE TWO GAMES THAT CAUSES THIS. YOU PROGRAMMED THEM. SURLY YOU CAN COMPARE THE TWO.

ALSO I NOTICED THAT THERE IS NO BEGINNING OF THE GAME WERE IT OPTIMIZES DOG FIGHT MY COMPUTER. FOR BEST RESULTS. MAYBE SOMETHING IN THAT STAGE OF LOADING THE GAME IS WERE THE CHANGE OCCUR.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #313911

• S. E. Dailey
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    • fortis Fortūna adiuvat

[NLR] The Blue Fighter wrote:

• Long Range Shooting.........- Now long range shooting is not possible. Zup have you limited the distance beyond which the bullet can't hit plane.

• Is that a bad thing?

Zup, please tell me that you have limited the distance beyond which the bullet can't hit the plane . . . it might be nice to see more air combat maneuvering & basic fighter maneuvers , and less sharpshooting in a game about “elite dogfighting.” B)
    The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, nebular

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #313916

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    • Nothing is Impossible.

S. E. Dailey wrote:

[NLR] The Blue Fighter wrote:

• Long Range Shooting.........- Now long range shooting is not possible. Zup have you limited the distance beyond which the bullet can't hit plane.

• Is that a bad thing?

Zup, please tell me that you have limited the distance beyond which the bullet can't hit the plane . . . it might be nice to see more air combat maneuvering & basic fighter maneuvers , and less sharpshooting in a game about “elite dogfighting.” B)

No it's still there but yes now one need extra skills as bullets will move in trajectory and loose power too if one want to shoot far distance planes.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: nebular

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #313920

• S. E. Dailey
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    • fortis Fortūna adiuvat

Exactly my point Blue; one should need extra skills to engage an adversary in WWI era aircraft.

While zooming up the middle with guns blazing, and cracking a precision burst into the dot on the other side of the map for a long range kill may be all kinds of twitchy fun for a lot of us . . . it isn't a very realistic simulation of WWI era aerial combat. ;)
    The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, nebular, airwolff

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #313935

• zuperman
    • Administrator
    • Administrator

Sensitivity Bar........- still Missing and not available.

Which control do you select to play? I've tried on my windows 8.1 and seems ok but you need to select the movement controller. The sensitivity doesn't show up anywhere else.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #313936

• zuperman
    • Administrator
    • Administrator

Redwasp2 wrote: DOGFIGHT ELITE TILT STILL REVERSED AND SWAPPED. SO TELL ME ZUP WHAT IS DIFFERENT INNTHE TWO GAMES THAT CAUSES THIS. YOU PROGRAMMED THEM. SURLY YOU CAN COMPARE THE TWO.

Sure I can tell. Nothing. Zero. To be more precise, this is exactly the code used to get the tilt on any platform (android, kindle, iPhone, ipad, windows phone, windows 8, windows 8.1, windows 10...)

Input.acceleration

That's it. No more. It's the most standard thing available. So there is nothing odd, weird or able to change from a version to the other.
    Go to Dell site and see if they have new drivers for your system because the values that your system is giving DFE are reversed.

Last edit: by zuperman.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #313954

• zuperman
    • Administrator
    • Administrator
    Update for Windows 8.1
    - Fixed parachute shooting.
    - Improved all explosions.
    - Fixed brake button.
    - Fast water similar to the high quality one.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #313955

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    • Nothing is Impossible.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #314006

• S. E. Dailey
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    • fortis Fortūna adiuvat

Yay, I'm in! Thank you Zup!

Everything seems to be running smoothly on my HP Pavilion p7-1254,2.20GHz Quad-Core with AMD Radeon HD 6530D integrated graphics.
    • It looks good with the extra trees . . . the underwater ones are kind of disturbing, but overall, the graphics look noticeably better than in DF.
    • I did notice that it appears to be drizzling on the deck of the carrier, no matter what the weather is like.
    • I was kind of surprised when I had apparently been booted from my squadron. I'm in GI on Dogfight, but Elite is showing me as not having a squadron . . . I'm assuming that is because of my level being reset below 10.
    • No lag so far . . . in fact Elite is running smoother than DF, the caveat being, there's been no one else in any of the games that I've logged into today.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #314008

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    • Nothing is Impossible.

S. E. Dailey wrote: Yay, I'm in! Thank you Zup!

Everything seems to be running smoothly on my HP Pavilion p7-1254,2.20GHz Quad-Core with AMD Radeon HD 6530D integrated graphics.

• It looks good with the extra trees . . . the underwater ones are kind of disturbing, but overall, the graphics look noticeably better than in DF.
    • I did notice that it appears to be drizzling on the deck of the carrier, no matter what the weather is like.
    • I was kind of surprised when I had apparently been booted from my squadron. I'm in GI on Dogfight, but Elite is showing me as not having a squadron . . . I'm assuming that is because of my level being reset below 10.
    • No lag so far . . . in fact Elite is running smoother than DF, the caveat being, there's been no one else in any of the games that I've logged into today.

Dailey can you please check issues mentioned by me, see whether they are resolved as I will not have Pc for next 12 hrs.

Especially #4 of old and new issues.

I hope paratrooper gun now be working to shoot enemy down.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: S. E. Dailey

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #314010

• S. E. Dailey
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    • fortis Fortūna adiuvat

I will try, Blue.

Of course it's going to be hard to test some of these out if I can't get someone else in game to shoot at. ;)

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #314013

• S. E. Dailey
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    • fortis Fortūna adiuvat

zuperman wrote:

Sensitivity Bar........- still Missing and not available.

Which control do you select to play? I've tried on my windows 8.1 and seems ok but you need to select the movement controller. The sensitivity doesn't show up anywhere else.

Zup, I think this is what Blue is talking about:

The top image is my Dogfight screen, the bottom image is from my Dogfight Elite screen.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 REVIEW 8 years 3 months ago #314024

• [§§] StoneHawk
    • Thank you received: 0
    Ahoy Zuperman!! I D/Led original Dogfight for Windows 8.1 just yesterday in which it required me to upgrade from Windows 7 on my HPG60 Notebook to Windows 10. After some time setting up, updating, and re-installing some Windows updates and HP drivers, I'm HAPPY to say It works great!! I was also able to Log-In using my existing Dogfight account, saving me progress and Subscriptions! Thanks for the good work!
    Now then; This morning I Purchased Dogfight ELITE Beta 1 from the Windows Store... The App Ran right away Showing Dogfight Intro Video, then commenced the Controls Setup Menu. (Sensitivity Bar Option did NOT show up though). I logged in using my E-mail Address. (The Username was NOT accurately Updated, My Level Status was NOT updated accurately, My Kills/Deaths/Games won Stats were NOT updated accurately, and My $Money Value was NOT updated accurately. Also, Elite Version did NOT boot any "Optimization Demo" that Dogfight 1 displayed upon First Opening App.) After Test-Driving The Practice and Online Multiplayer Modes, my experience Overall went Well! I Loved the New look of the Map Environment. The Trees, Ground, Clouds, Sky, Water, and Airplanes' Appearance were Bold and Detailed. (However, I haven't had a chance to Find and Interact in Battle against Online Opponent yet. I chatted with one Player Briefly, but Could NOT Find them. The Gameplay was a little Choppy, Both Online and Practice Modes, But I'm confident the Controls Sensitivity Bar Option would clear that up. The Main Menu Background was a little Drab, perhaps Image FAILED? Also, the Accomplishments menu, Displayed with Trophy Box in Main Menu of Dogfight 1, did NOT Appear. Graphics Settings Menu opens fine, revealing less Than Dogfight 1, including; Game Tag Size Bar with Detailed Water, Show Shadow, Game Chat, and World Chat Checkboxes.)
    I look forward to seeing growth and progress w/ App, along with all the Awesome Features, Story-lines, History and Bonuses, As Originally Outlined in the Portfolio Presentation on EchoBoom Web-Site. It is Truly an Honor ,as a fan, to Test, Help give Feedback, and Cooperate with Dogfight Elite Beta 1 Team, especially You Zuperman!!
    Sincerely,
    §toneHawk

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #314031

• S. E. Dailey
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    • fortis Fortūna adiuvat

So far, I'm also having the problem with the name tag size not saving.

I also noticed that my brake will not stay locked. Is that intentional? In DF I will often let my engine run up until it starts to lift the tail off the ground (makes for a quicker takeoff), but I could not repeat that process in Elite. Every time the engine revs up to a certain point, the brake automatically disengages.

Blue, so far I haven't been able to replicate the carrier crash issue. Although, I was able to come up with a new one; I managed to get turned sideways near the wall inside the carrier, and could not make myself crash. I had to wait out the timer to crash, and it did not cause the issue you described.

Last edit: by S. E. Dailey.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 months ago #314034

• aLoPrAdus
    • Thank you received: 67
    the size of name and disproportionate, can not set the sensitivity the brake does not work sometimes the image is static

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds