• Page:

TOPIC:

Zup, controllers used to play on Android? 9 years 10 months ago #190301

• Rat Tat Tat!
  • Rat Tat Tat!'s Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 148
Zup is it possible to use bluetooth controllers to play DF on Android in the near future?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Zup, controllers used to play on Android? 9 years 10 months ago #192474

• Templar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 331
It is possible, I'm not a developer and I don't know the specifics but I looked into using a ps3 controller with my android tablet and spoke with a game developer.I know there are several pilots here who would love to use a bluetooth or game type controller. he looked at dogfight and said he was surprised that echoboom hasn't already made that option available considering the number of downloads dogfight has had(million or more?). He also said that all a developer has to do is "map" it out and is relatively easy to do. but,again,I'm sure Zuperman and his team have back logs of things to do. We need to be persistent and hopeful!
-Temp.

Zup, controllers used to play on Android? 7 years 9 months ago #338777

• akeilcrayz
  • Thank you received: 0

Rat Tat Tat! wrote: Zup is it possible to use bluetooth controllers to play DF on Android in the near future?

Zup, controllers used to play on Android? 7 years 9 months ago #338811

• [NLR]Jacob10000
  • Thank you received: 1711
I've used a MOGA controller with df1 and dfe.

Zup, controllers used to play on Android? 7 years 9 months ago #338864

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142

Templar wrote: It is possible, I'm not a developer and I don't know the specifics but I looked into using a ps3 controller with my android tablet and spoke with a game developer.I know there are several pilots here who would love to use a bluetooth or game type controller. he looked at dogfight and said he was surprised that echoboom hasn't already made that option available considering the number of downloads dogfight has had(million or more?). He also said that all a developer has to do is "map" it out and is relatively easy to do. but,again,I'm sure Zuperman and his team have back logs of things to do. We need to be persistent and hopeful!
-Temp.

it's been possible for years already. Now, keep in mind df1 is not updated any more so any changes on their controller drivers will not get fixed on that game. On Elite for sure it works because I use mine to play/test sometimes on my Android TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: airwolff

Zup, controllers used to play on Android? 7 years 9 months ago #338932

• [NLR]Jacob10000
  • Thank you received: 1711
What controller do you use zup? I've used my MOGA but noticed that when flying homeless I had to hold pitch down to stay level. Is that normal?

Zup, controllers used to play on Android? 7 years 9 months ago #338943

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
homeless? :? I guess you mean bombless... yeah that's normal it just pulls up the airplane

as for my controllers, I have several no brands ones and then the default one that comes with NVidia shield
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]Jacob10000

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.492 seconds