See you in the skies!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: YOU CANNOT CHEAT 11 years 6 months ago #38524

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
  • Thank you received: 2425

Av8rDennis wrote: There is no Honor in so call Spawn Killing or shooting a pilot hanging from a parachute!g

At first, sorry for my bad English.
I am a noob, just installed the game yesterday, and only won the first practice mission until now (I didn't even figure out how to make my plane land on the second mission!!!).
So, I am here to learn. This is my first question: because of my bad English, I don't understand the meaning of the words "Spawn Killing". What is this?
Thanks in advance (and hope I can learn to play quick, to frag your planes down in a couple days ;-)

I took the RED PILL!

Re: YOU CANNOT CHEAT 11 years 6 months ago #38531

• Hamers
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • leader of kamikazi squadron
  • Thank you received: 273
Spawn killing is shooting someone while they are still landed after coming to game or after death before they have a chance to defend themselves.
lets eat grandma. lets eat, grandma. commas save lives
The following user(s) said Thank You: [LB] Pedrinho

Re: YOU CANNOT CHEAT 11 years 6 months ago #38542

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
  • Thank you received: 2425
And what happens after landing with parachute? The pilot continues walking on terrain? If yes, until when? (again, sorry for my bad English).
By the way, I think many noobs like me are curious about what kind of actions can be taken during game play - many cool things and features can not be ssen by noobs until they reach some high grades; so, it would be nice if someone make some kind of "manual" do show all this stuff. For example, only now I noticed that there is a possibility to play without a plane (using parachute). What else can a player expect from this amazing game????
Please, if someone in this forum have the guts to make such a "noob's guide", many rookies would certainly appreciate.

I took the RED PILL!

Re: YOU CANNOT CHEAT 11 years 6 months ago #38600

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • CalvinIsAwesome's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
Spawnkilling is when a plane, tank, or walking soldier stays near an enemy base, and destroys enemy planes as soon as they appear. Most of us look down on this, and I don't know of anyone who approves of tank spawnkilling. Some people are fine with planes, however.

Was that understandable? :)

I'll work on getting some stuff together. What kind of thing do you want? Just basic stuff, or more advanced maneuvers?
See you in the skies!

Re: YOU CANNOT CHEAT 11 years 6 months ago #39413

• Luv2fly
  • Thank you received: 2
So, I have a new question to pose... In carrier capture, if the opponent shoots me while sitting on carrier closest to my base, what is the general opinion of me becoming a soldier and shooting who lands on the deck to defend our carrier. Especially when a seasoned player who knows i can do this shoots me anyway, then lands on the carrier? :angry:

Re: YOU CANNOT CHEAT 11 years 6 months ago #39491

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Well first, why the :angry: face? I feel like this is a loaded question.

Anyway, I'm against it. They can't see you to shoot you, even when they're facing you. I think it's immoral and needs to be fixed.
See you in the skies!

YOU CANNOT CHEAT 11 years 6 months ago #40439

• Luv2fly
  • Thank you received: 2
They need to make soldiers on deck visible... otherwise it implies game makers indend us to be able to be invisible for a short time (e.g. timer) to defend carrier.

Re: YOU CANNOT CHEAT 11 years 4 months ago #50837

• Dlcoates1
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23

Av8rDennis wrote: There is no Honor in so call Spawn Killing or shooting a pilot hanging from a parachute!

If you don't shoot the parachute, they shoot back. And it is happening a lot more lately. Not to mention there's the problem with them getting a tank, which is hard enough to kill unless you get it at just the right angle.

I think I saw my life flash before my eyes! Oh, no wait, it was just a bullet...

Re: YOU CANNOT CHEAT 11 years 4 months ago #50844

• [NLR]Jacob10000
  • Thank you received: 1711
Yeah I don't see any problem with shooting someone in parachute, because in most cases they are trying to shoot back. Sometimes it is also an important part of strategic game play for example in BTC games if you down somebody that is close to your carrier its better to kill them in parachute than let them get in a tank and start taking shots at the boat.

Re: YOU CANNOT CHEAT 11 years 4 months ago #51017

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Shooting a parachute is actually fairly difficult. It requires a fair number of bullets with no confirmaton of a hit, unless you hit the man, who's a tiny target. Aside from that, anyone else here shot Watup down? You've seen him in a chute. It's easy to kill from a chute. Kill it before it kills you.
See you in the skies!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]Jacob10000

Re: YOU CANNOT CHEAT 11 years 4 months ago #51786

• cornish_will
  • Thank you received: 1

Blain wrote: you have to shoot down a LOT MORE than 5 kills especially after Lieutenant-Commander and ten kills in 1 mission EASY people get 30 easy ranking also is not getting shot sorry bud :)

i wish hahaha 1 kill since i started lol

Re: YOU CANNOT CHEAT 11 years 4 months ago #51828

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Lol, it takes time.
See you in the skies!

YOU CANNOT CHEAT 11 years 4 months ago #51840

• Gary-the-pink
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 111

madtothebone1 wrote: Yesterday i was in a capture the carrier mission, got shot down on ship and went soldier (invisible?) anyway i got called a cheater because i know how to extend the timer twice? Anyway so i stopped and said ok i wont land il just dogfight enemies which apparently wasnt good enough. I got two kills on the accuser (who was an ace) which i got told were lucky shots!!! I got shot down by the accuser a few times (as would be the norm) as the accuser is very high rank. I dont cheat i just utilise my knowledge of what ive found - is that wrong????

Mad I also found this unannounced "feature" I don't consider it a cheat while it is readily available without a hack into the code in some way. Would you call Ali aba a cheat because he knew the words to open up a secret door? Or Frodo Baggins in Lord of the Rings?

My contention is there are certain "in design hidden features" for us to find and use. Has anyone ever played the 70's computer game called Adventure? Same idea. Google adventure or colossal cave.
The best pilots aim to please ;)

YOU CANNOT CHEAT 11 years 4 months ago #51845

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 6460

Gary-the-pink wrote:

madtothebone1 wrote: Yesterday i was in a capture the carrier mission, got shot down on ship and went soldier (invisible?) anyway i got called a cheater because i know how to extend the timer twice? Anyway so i stopped and said ok i wont land il just dogfight enemies which apparently wasnt good enough. I got two kills on the accuser (who was an ace) which i got told were lucky shots!!! I got shot down by the accuser a few times (as would be the norm) as the accuser is very high rank. I dont cheat i just utilise my knowledge of what ive found - is that wrong????

Mad I also found this unannounced "feature" I don't consider it a cheat while it is readily available without a hack into the code in some way. Would you call Ali aba a cheat because he knew the words to open up a secret door? Or Frodo Baggins in Lord of the Rings?

My contention is there are certain "in design hidden features" for us to find and use. Has anyone ever played the 70's computer game called Adventure? Same idea. Google adventure or colossal cave.

Have you ever wondered why the bridge goes to 1 building?
Find the hidden room.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary-the-pink

YOU CANNOT CHEAT 11 years 4 months ago #51855

• Dlcoates1
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23

Paul Mantz, Jr. wrote:

Gary-the-pink wrote:

Have you ever wondered why the bridge goes to 1 building?
Find the hidden room.

Time to go get shot down in BTC to find it!

I think I saw my life flash before my eyes! Oh, no wait, it was just a bullet...

Last edit: by Dlcoates1.

YOU CANNOT CHEAT 11 years 4 months ago #53399

• [E]PANZER
  • Thank you received: 28
As far as being a soldier on a carrier i know better not to shoot up the plane bc thats an easy extra 90 seconds. Heck, im fine with being shot up in that instance. And you better believe i use the little guy to snipe at planes. Its a bitter pill for the ignorant. But im fine with becoming more visible.

I have one question. I run into high ranking players with no name or colors while flying just rank and they seem to be much more difficult to kill as a ground soldier. Whats the deal with that? [E]PANZER
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dogfight Dix

YOU CANNOT CHEAT 11 years 4 months ago #53422

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Some idiots choose to change their name to characters that the game can't display.
See you in the skies!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [E]PANZER, Sabella

Last edit: by CalvinIsAwesome.

YOU CANNOT CHEAT 10 years 9 months ago #107979

• Musicious
  • Thank you received: 14
You can only strategize ..thanks for the thread!

Attachment not found

YOU CANNOT CHEAT 10 years 1 month ago #157713

• Davecharles71
  • Thank you received: 6
I did not realize shooting planes taking off with a tank is bad and caused me to be banned. Sorry. I learned a lesson here. how can I be reinstated to play?

YOU CANNOT CHEAT 10 years 1 month ago #157715

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
Go to Recent Topics, Blacklist thread, apologize there, wait it out. Coupla days probably.

YOU CANNOT CHEAT 10 years 1 month ago #157716

• bellsaj
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3094
You should go to the blacklist thread. That is the proper place to ask for forgiveness.
Don´t live life faster then your guardian angel can fly

YOU CANNOT CHEAT 10 years 1 month ago #157718

• Davecharles71
  • Thank you received: 6
thanks!

YOU CANNOT CHEAT 10 years 1 month ago #157720

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 13215
Over the last few days there has been a long time player that is known for camping, the problem is that he is so good that no one has a chance, sure he may allow you to takeoff but so what, he will be behind and shoot you down before you clear the runway.

I was on the same team and told him not to camp but to no avail.

Several lower ranking players and regular players were not happy, I wont name him, if you want to know you can PM me. I'm sure you already know.

THIS IS A FORM OF CHEATING AND NOT RIGHT IT DOES NOT SET A GOOD EXAMPLE FOR OTHERS.

What a fiasco, I have no respect for this person.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank Baracca, [*M]Reckless

YOU CANNOT CHEAT 10 years 1 month ago #157788

• [*M]Reckless
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The pilot formerly known as Porkfinger
  • Thank you received: 2690

Davy Crockett wrote: Over the last few days there has been a long time player that is known for camping, the problem is that he is so good that no one has a chance, sure he may allow you to takeoff but so what, he will be behind and shoot you down before you clear the runway.

I was on the same team and told him not to camp but to no avail.

Several lower ranking players and regular players were not happy, I wont name him, if you want to know you can PM me. I'm sure you already know.

THIS IS A FORM OF CHEATING AND NOT RIGHT IT DOES NOT SET A GOOD EXAMPLE FOR OTHERS.

What a fiasco, I have no respect for this person.

I think I know who you mean Davy, and I don't want to disrespect him by naming him either.
The player I'm talking about is a MORAF, and as such he has my respect but I hate playing with him. I've even passed unmistakable hints, such as "this is why I always kill you first", and "I cleared a nice spot for your tent over by the officers mess", and even "hey C******* your tent is still over here from last time", but he just doesn't care.
Fortunately this is one of the few MORAF's that I can out-shoot 10 times out of ten - he's really not very good to be honest - and so he doesn't come over to visit often. But the times his buddies who can actually shoot help him get across, I can barely contain the urge to tell him how I REALLY feel before I rage quit and throw my tablet through a window.

Ah, thanks Davy, I feel better now :)

SANITY IS HIGHLY OVERRATED....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank Baracca

YOU CANNOT CHEAT 10 years 2 weeks ago #165678

• dan.birkle
  • Thank you received: 0
Not so much cheating, but there are obvious advantage differences. I have seen pilots appear at areas that took me much longer to fly to, accuracies to good to be true, etc.

YOU CANNOT CHEAT 10 years 2 weeks ago #165734

• Luna
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1516

dan.birkle wrote: Not so much cheating, but there are obvious advantage differences. I have seen pilots appear at areas that took me much longer to fly to, accuracies to good to be true, etc.

After months, or even years of playing, some players get really good. I've known players who can shoot you the second you show up on radar, some who can pick your plane out of the sky with a tank round, and others who can spin their plane on a dime and be on your tail faster than you can say, "Oh, sh-"

These players aren't cheaters. They're just that good. And they're generally good people. Tell them that you are new, and more than likely, they'll go easy on you.

Re: YOU CANNOT CHEAT 10 years 2 weeks ago #165738

• [*M]ONSTER CANNON
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 9167

Av8rDennis wrote: There is no Honor in so call Spawn Killing or shooting a pilot hanging from a parachute!g

I beg to differ..there is no lack of honor shooting apilot hanging in a parachute...that pilot can still tank once reaching the ground. So if he runs out of ammo...Still fair game...

Last edit: by [*M]ONSTER CANNON.

YOU CANNOT CHEAT 10 years 2 weeks ago #165962

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
  • Thank you received: 2818
You can if you know how..... :whistle:
I could care....But I dont
The following user(s) said Thank You: yose[M]ite