Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

screen progression when joining a game 12 years 1 week ago #15471

• shlazzer
  • shlazzer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
So, first off, this game is AWESOME. I have been playing pretty hardcore for the past 48 hours, and I am absolutely infatuated.

with some experience in UI design and user experience, I just thought id chip in MY (yes, this is in my opinion! feel free to disagree, just support it!) ideal experience when joining a game:

So i start up the app, and I push multiplayer. from here, the logical next step is to select the game type. Currently, game type is selected at random (or something I have yet to figure out).

Being able to select the type of game you play will greatly increase single room population, as well as squadrons / groups of players specific to each game type. good for community, good for competition.

once you are able to select game type, you should be allowed to pick your nation/faction/team. basically:

GERMANY | AUTO | USA

game will disallow one option if joining that team would create an imbalance in the teams

After you pick your nation, you pick your plane. and away you go!

Now, I am sure dev has considered many if not all of these options, and they are either doing them, or have their reasons for not. I am merely a huge fan of this game, and adding my two cents for (what i like to think is) the betterment of the game.

Thoughts? :)

If development would care to chip in, and comment on maybe what is on the roadmap for the App as far as new features, new layout, that would be great!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: screen progression when joining a game 12 years 1 week ago #15478

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
  • Thank you received: 849
I'm in support of this. :)

Re: screen progression when joining a game 12 years 1 week ago #15480

• getatthisdude89
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 89
Great suggestions, I'm hoping all of this has already been considered and has been thrown in the works somewhere.

Re: screen progression when joining a game 12 years 1 week ago #15502

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
Yeah, Z has said in the past that he wants game choice, but, being the only developer until very recently, its been too much work. Anyway, just enjoy it how it is, itll come eventually. :)
See you in the skies!

Re: screen progression when joining a game 12 years 6 days ago #15560

• Seattle2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 62
Great suggestion Shlazzer. But...don't underestimate how the random games help you sharpen different dogfight skills and lots of players change their favorite games with more experience. They each have their pros and cons and take different skills.

Also, the planes have pros and cons and the random assignment to German or English mixes up that element.

I like your suggestion that if teams are imbalanced, you get randomly assigned to level the teams. That maintains the fun element that your friend one game is your foe in the next one - helps keep rivalries to a simmer and not a boil.

A leveling mechanism would be good. Maybe it could simply be programmed to even up the numbers of players at Level 15 and above to the two sides (even though it shifts a bit as people join and leave. I've seen games of all Generals and Marshals against Aspirants/Lts/Capts.

Speaking of which - I RAISE MY COFFEE TO TOAST to all of you aces who quit and switch sides when teams are uneven :cheer:

Re: screen progression when joining a game 12 years 6 days ago #15621

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
I do that sometimes, but not in a really good game where i might not get back in.

I agree completely that everything is good for something. I mean, hey, i get outfought by sopwiths regularly (sorta), so theres gotta be SOME point to em, right?

I dont want teams to be equalized. Period. Its a boring idea.
See you in the skies!

Re: screen progression when joining a game 12 years 5 days ago #15632

• shlazzer
  • shlazzer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1

Seattle wrote: Great suggestion Shlazzer. But...don't underestimate how the random games help you sharpen different dogfight skills and lots of players change their favorite games with more experience. They each have their pros and cons and take different skills.

Yes, this is a good point.

Really, my proponence of the game type selecting is so that groups can regularly meet up in the same spot. Perhaps a feasible alternative is a 'group / party' system? basically where the game will try to place the whole group in one game on one team. Anything that encourages group play and camaraderie is good for the game, as building relationships between players will encourage future play of said game.

I personally enjoy it when I get into a rather empty game, and its me vs 3. Makes it a challenge :D (unless theyre all aspirants.. it gets ugly LOL). However, I would still prefer a good ol 2v2 dogfight with a trusted wingman.

Re: screen progression when joining a game 12 years 4 days ago #15774

• joshstewart
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 84
I have been on both sides of the coin and eather way can be fun I was in one game agenst I think 3 other very good pilots and was being hit befor I could take off good one of them yeld out we are spawn killing let him take off but I was quick to tell hime to keep bringing it the way I saw it it was amazing practice learning to take off under fire and it helped me alot

The official 111th Falcon Squadron Website:http://falcon.spruz.com/
quam multa de eis potest nos mori
(how many of them can we make die)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.429 seconds