TOPIC:

Connection lost alwase 12 years 2 weeks ago #14339

• SkyDavis
  • SkyDavis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836
My Internet is at full bars is the fastest type you can get so why on dang earth do I lose connection when I go into a turning fight with aces. It seems to do this just when I go into a turning fight with people that have ranks higher than major general. After that happens it dose not let me into another games at all. When I leave the game and turn it off completely then come back to the app it says the app is not installed pleas try again. I have deleted then reinstalled the app 20 times today but once I get in a game with some one higher than major general that is on enemy team the game goes to jack. This is on my dads iPad my iPod quit working all together.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Connection lost alwase 12 years 2 weeks ago #14343

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
Hmm... Idk what to say except email z. Btw, next post is #1000 for u! :)
See you in the skies!

Re: Connection lost alwase 12 years 2 weeks ago #14347

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836
Lol.

Re: Connection lost alwase 12 years 2 weeks ago #14356

• iQQi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 62
Just a guess, but it is possible that your uplink is not as good as your download speed - your position data has to be sent out and any loss of data might trigger the lost connection.

Just because you have full bars (very good) it is only an indication of signal strength and not throughput capability.

Good signal strength gives a good signal to noise ratio and helps keep a good connection working well. That said, it may be possible that in the motion of the device there is some variation of signal strength and maybe not as strong a connection, thereby affecting communication. I am guessing that DF uses a data transmission protocol that does not handle dropped packets of information at all - seen in the program as jumps in the positions of aircraft, lag in actions, etc.

I am astounded how well it works at all considering the global nature of the players, varying devices and different internet connections, and maybe server loading and response delay.

As to it happening with 'ranks higher than major general' I suspect that you tackle mostly the better fliers due to your competitive nature, and maybe swing the device a little more while doing so!

One last comment (sorry for long post) and that is I had a continuing lost connection at home that I only cured with a new wireless router. I could only stay on for a few minutes at most, and then got an 'LC' exit, had to terminate the game, and then reenter to play. (Android device)

As a side note, I appreciate your comments on both the planes and flying, and how to get better at it and your experiences. Thanks!
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. --- Goethe

Re: Connection lost alwase 12 years 2 weeks ago #14362

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
  • Thank you received: 849
iQQi nailed it. +1 Karma :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: iQQi

Re: Connection lost alwase 12 years 2 weeks ago #14385

• SkyDavis