• Page:

TOPIC:

Bomb handicap 12 years 3 weeks ago #13371

• |111th|Kevy
  • |111th|Kevy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1028
Just my opinion but the bomb slows down the plane too much. Now days at least one ace is dropping theirs and making mincemeat out of the other players trying to get a bomb on target. This just turns the game into a plow match. Even guys that try high or sneak around usually get caught. Yes the best do get thru but now most games turn into a slugfest until someone gets beat back to their base and then the spawn killing starts or a tank sneaks in.
If the planes with bombs could be a little more maneuverable and faster 1 more peps would keep them and two the games would be more dynamic. Sorry about long text. :dry:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Bomb handicap 12 years 3 weeks ago #13372

• junkhole61
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 238
Totally agree with Kevy, and he gets a plus karma for taking the time to formulate and articulate. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|Kevy

Re: Bomb handicap 12 years 3 weeks ago #13382

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
while thats true kevy, i know plenty of aces that are mass-murderers WITH the bomb. Brian, dawsonn (most of the time), and last, but hopefully not least, me! ;) haha, personally suck without a bomb, cuz i need to work on holding it steadier without one. too bad, it might help me be less awful in zep games.
See you in the skies!

Re: Bomb handicap 12 years 3 weeks ago #13390

• |111th|Kevy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
You kinda have watch who's dropping what when. And yes who else can fight with a bomb besides the top guys. Not that it's bad to drop and massacre just if the bombers could manuver more would make it thru. The top guys could make it thru more than anyone yet a lot of them don't? It's usually nice job regular joe you got thru!

Re: Bomb handicap 12 years 3 weeks ago #13394

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
yeah, the reason that aces dont get thru much cuz the aces like to challenge themselves and shoot other aces. 10 out of 10 time i will shoot Mbizzi before i shoot some guy with some random noobish name. just common sense, but then no one goes after the small targets. I just try to kill everything! ;) ;) The aces also tend to favor combat over bombing (I hate bombing. its boring.), and that makes them get shot at more, and they eventually get shot down while slowly working their way thru. They also kill EVERYTHING in their path, so eventually they all respawn at their carrier and immediatly start shooting, so theres never ANY releif. it evens it up some. :) haha, thats not me yet, but im getting there. :)
See you in the skies!

Re: Bomb handicap 12 years 3 weeks ago #13425

• gen. rock
  • Thank you received: 3
This is the whole challenge for me...get that heavy bomb to target. The only time I dump it is when more than one enemy gets behind me and makes a turn back for me. I'm always looking and listening for an enemy to dump theirs to help me make a decision. Personally I think its fairly realistic that these lightweight, low horsepower planes were slugs with 500 pounds of explosives strapped on.

Sgt. Rock

Re: Bomb handicap 12 years 3 weeks ago #13427

• |111th|Kevy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Good point for authenticity.

Re: Bomb handicap 12 years 3 weeks ago #13428

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
Next time Rock and I fly past each other intact, I'm going to yell BOOOOMM and see if he drops his bomb and wheels around, lol.
Manfred (BOOOOMM}

Re: Bomb handicap 12 years 3 weeks ago #13430

• Historygeek13
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 26
The bombs cause me too lose altittude whrpere flying straight. Also, when I'm going after a tank, I usually crash because of that.
[img]i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w511/myatsoethet/squadleader.jpg[/img]

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.559 seconds