Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Reilly rules of air combat 12 years 3 months ago #5877

• corsair
  • corsair's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Cows go MOO
  • Thank you received: 13
1. always be aware of your energy as well as your opponents'
2. Use energy saving manuvers while forcing your your opponent to do the opposite
3. opposing the dicta bolka, do not go head on vs. an diving opponent. You open yourself to your opponent's guns. but, as in the dicta bolka, do not get around the attacker. Instead, use his added speed and reduced turn radious to put him on the immidiate defensive.
4. do not force an engagement against the odds. (2 vs. 1) unless you are at a clear advantage, have the element of surprise, AND have a means of escape.
5. Don't be afraid to retreat. You will be able to live another day which is clearly a top priority!!!
6. use cover such as clouds, the glare of the sun.
7. stay above a furball. This way you have no immidiate threats and you can drop onto fixated hostiles below you with ease.
8. KEEP SITUATIONAL AWARENESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this has been the "Reilly rules of air combat"
Nobody won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor SOB die for his!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Reilly rules of air combat 12 years 3 months ago #5878

• Louie
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 4
yo hop on with me lets shoot shit up!

Re: Reilly rules of air combat 12 years 3 months ago #5879

• STRlKER
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a droid. Many of you have larger screens. I am an Ace in MS Combat flight sim. There should be options as to what device you want to play against. Lobbies, if you will. Those of you with larger screens get more kills. Then get better planes. The rich get richer. The poor get poorer. Give me an iPad, & I would smoke some tail. Something is unbalanced. Unfair. Thanx 4 listening... STRlKER

Re: Reilly rules of air combat 12 years 3 months ago #5880

• Louie
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 4
i had and ipod 3rd gen it it worked just fine i played up against 420 gyshan and wat up and one its called (being good)

Re: Reilly rules of air combatf 12 years 3 months ago #5882

• STRlKER
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a 3.2 inch screen on the diagonal. Large fingers. Best of luck to those of you with larger screens & smaller fingers. Its still fun. I got lucky & got a kill after 20 tries. Got 1 bomb on the deck. Its all good.... STRlKER

Re: Reilly rules of air combat 12 years 3 months ago #5890

• ysmen
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • SSSST.... it's my turn to kill you.
  • Thank you received: 12
Nice that you want to use the clouds, but I have that turned off so no one can keep diving behind there lol

But very clear and I think you should be especially not afraid, and not very sure if team must phase and want to do everything alone.

and I am thinking also that if there is a team member left and there is a right the other high and two by the Middle, that it is very difficult for the opponent to choose who he must deal with.
You berijk so easy a target.
And above all work together as a team ......... ;)

Re: Reilly rules of air combat 12 years 3 months ago #5898

• Hy flyer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Keep climbing.
  • Thank you received: 39
in rise of flight some players let the enemy pass by them so they could dogfight.no head on shooting.just dogfighting.never go agsinst 7 people or you might just end up like werner voss
Who ever dislikes you gets payback by something else.
My planes bullet proof.;)
Hy FLYER
the talking banana light
im always beyond the clouds or way over my head
;D

Once upon a time knights of the sky's were hey! But on a beautiful day we dueled and fell now red poppies cover our graves in Flanders...

Re: Reilly rules of air combat 12 years 3 months ago #5900

• ysmen
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • SSSST.... it's my turn to kill you.
  • Thank you received: 12
I shoot al the times head to head and sometimes in the back.

Re: Reilly rules of air combat 12 years 3 months ago #6047

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836
When I go into a dogfight I like to climb to around 14500 feet just so wher I can see wher my oponits are in the radar and if needed I can go up wher I go off ther radar and disapear. I like to fly above my enemy and dive in ther backs while they fly in a straght line to the enemy base while diving on them you can see every thing ther doing giving you the abilty to take your sweet time and aim right to kill them. My idea of it is to kill the good pilots while diving and finish the others in a turning dogfight. Never engage with a pilot in a head on if you know they are beter skilld than you and are quicker to find ther mark also never engage in a turning dogfight with a oponet you can not handel its much beter to be 5000 feet above them and dive in them. And when your diving do t just let lose your gun till you know your going to hit them becuse if you just start fireing and your missing ther going to know wher you are and they will come around and give you a boot in behinde.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.390 seconds