Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

About the duck on the mountain 1 year 7 months ago #386841

• [NLR]Mysterio
  • [NLR]Mysterio's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • the less you reveal, the more people can wonder
  • Thank you received: 1003
I just want to post here for who dont know the story behind the duck on mountain at german base, better know as duckwing mountain.
I've collected as much info i could find on forum and put it all toghetter, if someone has more info, feel free to post here :)

Duckwing (AKA Jon) was a vet who played DF a while ago.
He was a sniper, a good one at that, 93 kills, I believe. One day, he was out on a mission, and his spotter (The guy who tells him where to shoot to compensate for wind and stuff, if you didn't know) tripped an IED, killing him, and blowing off both of Duck's legs and one arm. He recieved an honorable discharge and came home. He eventually found Dogfight, and played it on his iPad with one hand (had a device to help him play to hold the iPad while playing). He was actually an incredible player, especially considering his handicap. About 2 months before he died he started having trouble playing because he had other complications in his body, so much so that he would get tired while playing from time to time. He would park his plane and chating "guys I need to rest" His common phrase in chat was "I wont bail...I will never quit a game". At the end he announced that he was retiring from DF and the DF community decided to hold a memorial flight for him, while he was still alive. His nurse (Judy) came on and announced his death a few days later. The community decided to rename the tallest mountain in the game in his honor.
He was level 22 in game
The following user(s) said Thank You: zuperman, ZebraUp, Acegirl, pinkstar30, Pegoud, Pagan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

About the duck on the mountain 1 year 7 months ago #386843

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
That's I added what seemed like a very odd rubber yellow duck in an airplane game. You can only see it when far and then it changes to a monument when you get close.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, Acegirl, pinkstar30, Pegoud, JE VOIS TOUT_, Pagan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.352 seconds