Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Unbalanced teams 1 year 9 months ago #386180

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
Hi there!

I'm aware of the bug that you get some crazy unbalanced teams and I'm working on it. While fixing it, I also found the situation where the teams seemed unbalanced but were not. Let me explain:

Players usually join the game in two steps:
1) They enter the hangar. They are in the game, but you won't see them. They are picking the plane they want, upgrading their planes, or choosing tank. But they are IN the game.
2) They hit the little right arrow and they play. At this point you get the "X joined the game" message and you see them.

So this could and does happen often:
8 players are in the lobby. They all get in a game perfectly balanced, 4 vs 4.
But they arrive first in the hangar. Of those players, some hit play and go into the game. Imagine that only your blue team hits play. The red team will not show up at all. They are in the game (the hangar), but you won't see them. You will think the game is crazy, you have 4 people on the same side but nobody on the other.

Sadly, this happens pretty often. Sometimes they leave the lobby and never enter, or only 1 or 2 of them enter and they took the spot that could be available to other players.

This is to explain the situation. I'm already working on a better system so that you understand what's going on. On the next update you will get two different message: X entered the hangar or X joined the game. So you know they are there even if they are not playing.
Also the system will place a timer on people in the hangar. If they don't join the game in about a minute, the system will consider they are taking too long in the hangar and will replace those players with others in the queue.

Hopefully, this will make the games more balanced faster

The following user(s) said Thank You: Marko99, Acegirl, Alex Galt, Dunc7, Pegoud, Magnus Canneb, OUTLAW_WAR

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by zuperman.

Unbalanced teams 1 year 9 months ago #386200

• Doggy Dix
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • jösses !
  • Thank you received: 2433
[justify]That probably one of the reasons why games are loopsided

But don't you think there's other reasons when it can occur also ?

Sometimes the games is loopsided even if there's less than 8 players logged into the DFe game at the same time.

I think there should be a lobby that matches players that make the players wait if chosen the option allie or central.

If just hit play button you get access to a game with randomly  chosen side that not match you as player 4 vs 2 , or 5 vs 1 and so on[/justify]
watch your six,dude

Last edit: by Doggy Dix.

Unbalanced teams 1 year 9 months ago #386201

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
That's actually the whole reason the "lobby" was added. The problem is that not everybody has the latest version yet because not every store has released the updates. For those with the old version, I can either block them (they can't play) or allow them to play with odd team behavior. I chose the second option because it shouldn't be more than a couple of days until everybody got the update published.

Unbalanced teams 1 year 9 months ago #386206

• Doggy Dix
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • jösses !
Ok lets wait and see if the issues are solved when everyone is on same version...

Hopefully you don't  need to adjust it further and cross fingers there's not going to occure any  new problemwith the new set up..
watch your six,dude

Unbalanced teams 1 year 9 months ago #386211

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
It is already working pretty well since today. Almost everybody got the 1.2.27 update. Only amazon kindle is causing some problems but I see teams balanced 90% of the times.

Unbalanced teams 1 year 9 months ago #386214

• V.Huntress War
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • (°-°)
  • Thank you received: 1369

Hi, i particularly like the system where players are not allowed to choose sides, forcing to alternate sides between matches, because it turns the game more fair. Players abuse the system when they can pick only one side every game making the other team outnumbered, and others swap side when realize their team are going to loss. Sad that this system will back. About the currently lobby system, would be possible to add on lobby an option to players vote for what mission they want to play? like in other fps games do. I mean if they want ctc, btc, hangar, flag, document, spy, submarine or bomber, then they can decide by vote in lobby, what mission they want to play. It should be more democratic. I usually leave when i see a mission that consider boring and i also leave when i join in empty games (no patience to wait).

About the team dogfight mission, the counter don't have enough minutes. Many times it ends in draw, because of shortly time.

★★★★

The following user(s) said Thank You: Pegoud, OUTLAW_WAR, loggerhead-WAR-

Last edit: by V.Huntress War.

Unbalanced teams 1 year 8 months ago #386602

• Doggy Dix
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • jösses !
Still unbalanced games..

4 vs 1 with 3 different squads on one side