Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

CanKid ...............out 2 years 3 weeks ago #385450

• slyguy
  • slyguy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 143

see ya mate, enjoyed flying with you... didn't enjoy it so much when it was against you as I kept getting shot :) 
Inspired me to go out and buy a bluetooth controller yesterday (8Bit Do Pro 2, which can pretend it's Xbox, PS4, Nintendo etc) so I could try to match your turning skill... only got to use it against you once before you quit!
Take care
Sly
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball, CanKid

Please Log in to join the conversation.

CanKid ...............out 2 years 3 weeks ago #385452

• Grandpappy 9+1 {WP}
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 464

Sorry to see you leave DFE, CanKid.  I understand your frustration about the planes.
Take care, and stop back now and then in case Zup relents on the level required to buy higher level planes.
Grandpappy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball, CanKid

CanKid ...............out 2 years 3 weeks ago #385453

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
I already explained the situation, but for everyone to understand. Before the changes 3 months ago, people could get the highest-ranked airplanes with rank 28 or so. I lowered the requirement because people requested this years ago. If you remember, long long ago, you needed to be MORAF to get the highest-ranked airplane.

So I lowered the requirements so people got those airplanes faster. This was a very bad mistake because people reached 28 pretty fast and there were no more airplanes after that. Long story short, with the big changes from 2 months ago, I began raising the ranks little by little, to give time for people to adapt. So with rank 24, you will get your first WW2 airplane more or less.

Now the problem... what do I do with the people that bought the airplane before I begin rising the requirement? If you bought a p51 at rank 24 and now rank 37 is required... you lose your airplane? Not an easy choice especially with all the complaints about the subscription and people not being able to use their airplanes.

So I had to do a middle ground. I rose the ranks a little every few weeks so that people can move up and the rank difference is not that obvious. It works well for the most part.
But then, from time to time, someone that is slow going up the ranks, or simply hasn't played in months, joins in. He is rank 24 and has an airplane that now requires rank 30. It doesn't look good if you can't buy that airplane and you are competing against it now.

And that's the situation with Cankid. I understand what he is saying. It's not that I don't see it or I don't understand him. But the situation is like this and there is no easy solution. I cannot remove that airplane from that player when he spent MANY points to get it (remember, 3 months ago you needed about 4 times more points to get the same airplanes and rank up!). That person even probably spent money to get it.

My suggestion is to be patient, you move up the rank waaaaaaay faster than those players. It's also easier now to move up the ranks. So you may be suffering this with some occasional players, but in about 1 or 2 weeks you should be leveled.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball, Pegoud, OUTLAW_WAR, loggerhead-WAR-, CanKid

Last edit: by zuperman.

CanKid ...............out 2 years 2 weeks ago #385491

• Doggy Dix
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • jösses !
  • Thank you received: 2433

CanKid post=385448 userid=76469

Hi all I would just like to thank everyone for the couple months of fun but the game has become boring for me and I dont have the drive to keep plugging away until i can get into a ww2 plane.
Im sure there are many that will not have an issue with me not flying because I wont be shooting them down :) and honestly i thnik ive scared a few away from the game and im sorry for that

I think its all about the bottom line for the developers and I guess it should be. I understand they cant take away planes that ppl have purchased but it makes it VERY unfair for us new pilots and the developers don't see my side and that's cool also.

to the friends I have made good luck pilots and to the enemies ive made good luck pilots

thank you Cue for being so supportive good luck in the future.

I will check in after a couple days to look for replys but I dont expect any lol and i know you haters gotta hate just please do it somewhere else.

CanKid.......Out 

chip in some doug , buy some planes... Try your skills without being  shield protected ...
watch your six,dude
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball, V.Huntress War, dognamitt, nebular, OUTLAW_WAR

Last edit: by Doggy Dix.

CanKid ...............out 2 years 2 weeks ago #385496

• Cue Ball
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BALD AND BEAUTIFUL
  • Thank you received: 1773

CanKid,very important you talk to me,Left you a pm..
Cueball#1

Cueball #2

CanKid ...............out 2 years 2 weeks ago #385497

• Buddah4Q
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 129
I still say the ranks should go back to what they were. Shorter requirements. It’s not good for the players or the game for players to have to grind for a year to get a plane. More people would stay. 

CanKid ...............out 2 years 2 weeks ago #385502

• TXLAWMAN
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Life is tough. It's tougher when you are stupid.
  • Thank you received: 3499

This is the 2nd longest goodbye ever! Few more posts and you'll top Alex for the #1 spot!

RIP CRAZYWOLF
The following user(s) said Thank You: _bts, Cricket, V.Huntress War, OUTLAW_WAR

CanKid ...............out 2 years 2 weeks ago #385507

• TXLAWMAN
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Life is tough. It's tougher when you are stupid.
  • Thank you received: 3499

Can,

I received your private message commanding me to fornicate with myself.  I was horrified at the vulgarity.  I did consult the M.O.M. Code of Conduct. I thought your message was a breach of etiquette, which it was. Interestingly, it also would be considered a continuation of your involvement in this forum. This means it contributes to the longness of your good bye. I tabulated records, and I have determined that your goodbye is actually longer now than Alex the Goat.  Congratulations!! Winner winner chicken dinner! 

RIP CRAZYWOLF
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cricket, V.Huntress War, dognamitt, Skeeter72{WP}, OUTLAW_WAR

CanKid ...............out 2 years 2 weeks ago #385514

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cricket, TXLAWMAN, V.Huntress War, OUTLAW_WAR

CanKid ...............out 2 years 2 weeks ago #385515

• Bingo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • If at First you don't Succeed, Give Up!
  • Thank you received: 463
The song says it all. 

The following user(s) said Thank You: Cricket, TXLAWMAN, keel8166, dognamitt, Skeeter72{WP}

CanKid ...............out 2 years 4 days ago #385591

• [TFL] alwaystrouble
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Stay positive
  • Thank you received: 257
Can kid made me laugh when he wrote of his impending departure. I like playing with Can kid. I can tell he enjoys the game as well. I said to myself " Can kid ain't going nowhere" . Sure enough he is playing all the time. Glad Can kid is still here. Send this thread to ' You gotta laugh' .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pegoud

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.556 seconds