TOPIC:

Thread Rules? 9 years 11 months ago #176203

• DD | *Joker*
  • DD | *Joker*'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • now and forever a Devils Dragon
  • Thank you received: 191
this is mostly for the mods, I would like to know the exact thread rules, what constitutes a thread getting locked, is it by the mods personal bias rf is there a set rules that have to be broken before its locked...now I understand vulgar language isnt allowed..what are we allowed to post? just random posts about your name or what car u drive or what kind os living quarter you have among other things that have nothing to do with the game? now that anything relating to droppers or sking will be locked are we not allowed to have any kind of heated discussion just because someone doesn't want to see it or hear it? iv always thought forums were for posting problems and finding answers and trying to make the game better or helping someone. also shouldn't the mods have to deliberate together and come to a joined consensus about locking a thread as a single mod making the decision by themselves seems kinda one sided. basically I would like to know what specific guidelines must be followed in order to have a thread that is actually relevant to the game itself and the issues that go on in it. and how many bad eggs(posts) does it take to ruin a thread since obviously the thread is only represented by the pilots that post their two cents, not by the actual topic of said thread on the first post?

I believe proper answers to my questions would provide valuable information that can be useful to everyone.
* This is for informational purposes for myself and new pilots that may not know such UNWRITTEN rules.
If one dragon has your scent, then every dragon has your scent...run
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Whiplash.

thread rules? 9 years 11 months ago #176210

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
  • Thank you received: 1352
I bumped up the forum rules and etiquette....

Gen~~~~~~~~jack
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*

thread rules? 9 years 11 months ago #176215

• DD | *Joker*
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

gen~~~~~~~~jack wrote: I bumped up the forum rules and etiquette....

ok after reading the entire post...respectfully I would like to know of which rules/etiquette were violated to constitute the locking of my thread specifically in your opinion

thread rules? 9 years 11 months ago #176222

• DD | *Joker*
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Dogfight (in game) and Dogfight Forum Rules
=================================

1. Do not upload, post, discuss, request, or link to, anything that violates local or national law. This will be severely punished and strictly enforced.

2. If you are under the age of 13, or do not have your parent/legal guardian's permission to browse the forum, discontinue browsing immediately.

3. The quality of posts is extremely important to this community. Contributors are encouraged to provide well thought and informative replies.

4. Submitting false reports or otherwise abusing the report system will result in a ban of indeterminate length. Replying to a thread stating that you've reported it or another post is also disallowed—please do not announce your reports.

5. No spamming or flooding of any kind. This will result in an perma-ban.

6. Advertising (all forms) is also not welcome.

7. Ban evasion will result in permanent bans —- no exceptions.

8. Impersonating the Dogfight administrator, moderators, or staff is strictly forbidden.

9. Use common sense. If you're posting just to get a higher number of posts -- you will be banned.

10. The removal of karma from someone just because you do not like them is forbidden.

11. The use of multiple accounts is strictly forbidden unless given permission by the Dogfight staff.

12. Do not bash other players or squadrons either in forum or in game.

13. Absolutely no flaming/trolling or heavy swearing. You will be banned for a certain amount of time which is at the discretion of the Admin/Mod.

14. Help new players.

15.Respect those of higher authority in the forum. (Please do as the Admins and Mods say)

16. We respect other people's thoughts, opinions and beliefs.

17. (In game only) Do not team kill, destroy our own bases or anything else that would be deemed "gameplay ruining"

18. Remember: The use of Dogfight and forum is a privilege, not a right. The Dogfight staff reserves the right to revoke access and remove content without notice. This includes being muted or banned in game.

===============================================

Forum Etiquette
=================================

Rule #1: Read First, Type Later

One of the most irritating things for a seasoned member of a forum is to have a newbie come into the forums and start typing before they know anyone or have read any of the threads. Read first and you will learn the feel and flow of the forum before you post a message.

Rule #2: Respond Before You Start a New Thread

If you want to follow good forum posting etiquette, try responding to some existing conversations before you launch your own thread. Learn what everyone else is talking about, get a feel for the tone and conversations at hand, and find something with which you agree and can relate.

Rule #3: Look For It, Don't Ask For It

Chances are, any simple questions you may have are already addressed somewhere in the forum. Good forum posting etiquette means you should use the search feature available to you or manually scan the topics before you ask a question. One sure-fired way to get the seasoned posters on your bad side is to ask a question that has already been answered.

Rule #4: Don't Just Talk, Respond Too

Forum posting etiquette dictates that you should respond to at least twice as many threads as you start. If you want people to respond to your threads, it's always best to respond to theirs too.

Rule #5: Use the Title and Subject Fields Wisely

If you are in an informational, technical or help forum, there are many seasoned and experienced subscribers in that forum who are likely willing to help you, but these folks scan the subjects for things they know the answers to and avoid threads that they may not be able to answer.

A thread subject or title that says: "HELP!!!!" may go answered, whereas a title that says: "I Need Help With XXX" is much more likely to get a good response from someone who knows what XXX is and can help. Make your title informational, informative about what question or subject you are asking or talking about.

Rule #6: Be Courteous

In person at social situations, you may say or do something out of character or perhaps lash out or hurt someone's feelings, but that incident can be quickly forgotten or only remembered by those who see it.

In an online forum, that type of an incident is there forever, and anyone can see it, or worse, stumble upon it weeks or months later and dredge it up again. Ask yourself before posting whether what you are about to say is something you will want read a month from now. If it's not, don't post it.

Rule #7: Use Common Sense and follow the forum rules.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK

thread rules? 9 years 11 months ago #176227

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
Common sense is needed when posting on this forum. When a thread turns into an arguement, that means it's not beneficial to the forum. I placed a warning on that locked thread (might of been a vague warning) but a warning non the less....I'm sure that if left unlocked it would of gotten far worse...

Gen~~~~~~~~jack

thread rules? 9 years 11 months ago #176240

• DD | *Joker*
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

gen~~~~~~~~jack wrote: Common sense is needed when posting on this forum. When a thread turns into an arguement, that means it's not beneficial to the forum. I placed a warning on that locked thread (might of been a vague warning) but a warning non the less....I'm sure that if left unlocked it would of gotten far worse...

Ok valid point. But the thread itself wasnt about an argument. An argument was started people ppst on tje thread woth totally inrelated posts...shouldnt the pilots makin this argument be the ones punished not the thread itself. ..kinda like shutting down an entire police department becaise of a couple dirty cops. I'm not trying to cause trouble I have much respect for u. I just that the wrong one was punished for other pilots mistakes.

Last edit: by DD | *Joker*.

thread rules? 9 years 11 months ago #176242

• DD | *Joker*
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Especially seeing as how someone on the list itself was agreeing with my thread

thread rules? 9 years 11 months ago #176275

• DD | *Joker*
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
still waiting on a Proper response. not just a reference to rules I havent broken, or common sense which can be loosely used.

thread rules? 9 years 11 months ago #176281

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack

[DD]*joker* wrote: still waiting on a Proper response. not just a reference to rules I havent broken, or common sense which can be loosely used.

Well common sense should sum it up..These rules were made a long while ago when this forum wasn't so aggressive. More rules should be added to the existing set of rules we have now....arguing on the forum with a possibility of it escalating is wrong..I locked the thread because the issue would of escalated....us mods have to determine when to take action even if it means stepping on some toes...until superman changes the rules or all the mods want to have a convention to re-write the rules, we will continue to use our discretion.

Gen~~~~~~~~jack

thread rules? 9 years 11 months ago #176292

• DD | *Joker*
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I'm sorry this is pointless...wig had posted on that thread I would have thought if there was an issue he would have beem the first to step in...I'm not worried about my toes being stepped on I'm more worries aboit the fact that my thread was takin over amd turned into something it wasnt by pilots posting things irrelavant to the topic.if it was a problem to pilots on the list zebra up would have started it seeing as he was on the list but he didnt he agreed with my thread. How is having a list of pilots tactics argumantative? It was the pilots looking for trouble that started the issue by posting things the thread specifically asked NOT to do....thats pilot error not the threads fault. Therefore the pilots should have been repremanded and reminded of this threads specific topic. Either way my opinion doesn't mean squat to any mod. To all who ruined my thread thanks because of your inability to read simple instructions and follow the threads topic, instead of picking which parts you respond to how about reading the entire thread and whats it abou t before posting stuff that has no business being discussed or irrelavent to the threads topic.

Last edit: by DD | *Joker*.

thread rules? 9 years 11 months ago #176390

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
  • Thank you received: 2818
And Jackson who are you to say it would have gone no where? Are you now the Omnipotent Moderator that we all must bow down and pray to everyday and ask for your forgiveness for braking your half baked make em up as you go rules? (The Big words aren't confusing you are they?) because we really want you to understand our side of this as well.
I could care....But I dont

thread rules? 9 years 11 months ago #176398

• Mac
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • They Hate me, but They Can't get Enough of me...
  • Thank you received: 1411

gen~~~~~~~~jack wrote:

[DD]*joker* wrote: still waiting on a Proper response. not just a reference to rules I havent broken, or common sense which can be loosely used.

Well common sense should sum it up..These rules were made a long while ago when this forum wasn't so aggressive. More rules should be added to the existing set of rules we have now....arguing on the forum with a possibility of it escalating is wrong..I locked the thread because the issue would of escalated....us mods have to determine when to take action even if it means stepping on some toes...until superman changes the rules or all the mods want to have a convention to re-write the rules, we will continue to use our discretion.

Jack, you can't keep running from what this game is becoming. This isn't the idealistic utopia you, wig, and Strachan used to play in. Your beloved community is rapidly turning into a city, and as people join, opinions will diversify. You can't cling to the beautiful past, Jack. That's not the way it works anymore
You're getting predictable, guys. You can do better, right?

thread rules? 9 years 11 months ago #176446

• |111th|Kevy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1028
I know one rule that needs a little help here. "Make the debate about the subject not the person". Grinding axes is a little immature. Everyone has their (or their cliques opinion) about what is right. Everyone is wrong at least once in a while. Flaming every topic is becoming the standard here. Let's not let it become a dysfunctional Family here.
The game changes constantly. What one person said 6 months ago most likely does not apply today. Next week it will be the fuel limits if they show up. Let's try and make that a civil debate.
Joker I understand what you were attempting. Anyone that tries to gather intel for strategic purposes or maybe thinks in a OODA LOOP would have appreciated your topic as just an INTEL and Strategy discussion.
Alas the subject has been pounded into the ground in a negative way for quite some time now with no positive outcome. I believe General Jackson in his own nuclear way was saying enough. I don't think it was your posts that did it. It was the direction the topic was heading.
Should we take all the previous topics started here about this and move them into one place(cesspool)?
If it's not about how you get there but the destination that is important then I would agree with the General's actions.

thread rules? 9 years 11 months ago #176473

• DD | *Joker*
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
to the moderators I appreciate your input and will take this lesson apply into my next forum thread.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.604 seconds