Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

An idea for custom planes 8 years 2 months ago #312038

• Markus Faust
  • Markus Faust's Avatar Topic Author
  • An ace who is looking for a fight.
  • Thank you received: 9
Ive got the perfect idea. We know we cant add symbols on our planes. I thought that for example you finish downloading the game, you open it, before you could do anything something would pop up saying,"Do you want to download all assets." Which means all of the other players symbols could be visible. And you play the game with no lag so for instance i want to make an ally plane an enemy plane i do it the game will tell me to download it now when i play everyone could see it.
So its the perfect idea to add symbols on our planes
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate

Please Log in to join the conversation.

An idea for custom planes 8 years 2 months ago #312048

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat
  • Thank you received: 864

Personally, I would love to see some more customization available.

I have seen two basic approaches to online games that allow symbols. The first is to provide a standardized set of symbols that players can choose from. That is the most common. The second is a mix of that and allowing the player to develop custom symbols through a editor provided within the game. APB Reloaded would be a good example of that. In those games, the editor usually becomes a mini-game and major feature of the game.

The problem is that such things are resource gluttons; from a program, staffing, and overall financial standpoint. For one thing, if you provide an editor or allow for player uploadable content, you have to provide for policing trademark violations. If you're going to provide all those features, you wind up charging a lot more for subscriptions, you make it a lot harder to progress as a non-subscriber, and you may even resort to charging a whole lot more than we currently pay in points for ever single upgrade . . . all in an effort to get more real world money out of us to support the game.

Not saying DF is a bad game, on the contrary, it is a great game. Still, you get what you pay for. If Zup wants to start offering us all the luxury features, he will be forced to pass the cost of those features along to us. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, WB|War hawk1-5, Drummer5359, Markus Faust, Smoke Screen

An idea for custom planes 8 years 2 months ago #312185

• Markus Faust
  • Markus Faust's Avatar Topic Author
  • An ace who is looking for a fight.
  • Thank you received: 9
You are right Zup should read this ive already sent him a message to read it and told him that all of us should agree to the fact that they more customizations for which all of us to enjoy. Ive already developed an idea for different sounds on our planes another example i want a Fokker to sound like a jet and it would be cool also different sounds of machine gun fire if you want the machine gun to sound like rocket laucher it could be quite nice.

Another idea is for planes to break after getting shot relevant to Rise Of Flight if the game was like Rise Of Flight then the game could probably reach Top 10 for Best Mobile Game of The Year. That way Zup can get more famous than he actually is.

If your a moderator and works with Zup tell him about this topic everyone should love it

Last edit: by Markus Faust.

An idea for custom planes 5 years 11 months ago #371118

• Smoke Screen
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 249
I agree the planes should break after getting hit

An idea for custom planes 5 years 11 months ago #371122

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
All of this was thought and talking about a long time (this thread is over 2 years) and it was talked about 4 years ago. To summarize the whole thing, it's not hard to customize or make airplanes break when shooting them. The issue arrives when this game is also a mobile game. On some devices adding those things slow them a lot, or they run out of memory. Many phones already can't handle the game because they don't have enough memory. For instance, the iPad mini from 3/4 years ago can't load it up already. So I had to decide whether to add "fancy" stuff and block many from playing or add more vital stuff first that doesn't block devices.
I was also hoping devices would upgrade faster, but many people are still on ages old machine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom Yam, ZebraUp, Cypher7{WP}, airwolff, OUTLAW_WAR, RusselReaper

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.462 seconds