Moderators 12 years 2 months ago #7958

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • CalvinIsAwesome's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
Got four things;

#1: ive noticed that there is an additional option showed in the key of name colors. The dark red is global mod, which is waht slenderman and manfred are, bright red is admin, which is what z is, and bright blue is a moderator. Whats the difference between a global mod and a regular mod? Z? Maybe u can answer?

#2: are there any mods besides slenderman, manfred, and z? Were any old playErs appointed to the position then left?

#3: why are all the announcement threads locked? It seems easier to just post troubles there than in seperat topics. I know z reads everything, but it might be a time saver. :)

#4: what special privileges does a moderator get? They can lock and delete threads, anything else?
See you in the skies!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Moderators 12 years 2 months ago #7967

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
  • Thank you received: 849
1. Global Moderators have more control base, can change more things (such as move threads from location to location) while regular moderators have only control of a certain section of the forum -- and if they want to delete or ban someone, they must come to a Global Moderator or Administrator.

2. Yes, but their accounts are not disclosed. There are several people who are actually Zuperman (both here and Dogfight) because people tend to "be good" when Zuperman is around/whine to Zuperman about their problems when he's on.

3. It's to keep people from spamming it up. Most forums do this with their announcements. They want users to simply read the announcement and go about their way.

4. Delete Threads, Lock Threads, Sticky Threads, Edit/Delete other people's posts, Ban Users and much more. However, I like to report to Zuperman if I'm going to ban someone (unless it's the recent spam bot that I just banned). Zuperman chose Manfred and I due to we are mature, help others, have prior forum experience/moderating experience, have been here for a while, have experience with computers, want to push the community in a positive direction and we aren't power hungry about being Mods. I don't know if you're old enough to have remembered the old official Nintendo Forums -- but they were awful with their mods. If you even said anything they didn't agree with -- lifetime ban.

Remember, just because we're mods doesn't mean we have any sort of favor. We must abide by the rules as well! We are just the enforcers of the rules whom Zuperman knows he can trust.

I hope I answered everything mate!

Last edit: by Slenderman.

Re: Moderators 12 years 2 months ago #7970

• |111th| Gunnie
  • Thank you received: 0

I signed up for the forum, but want to change my user name to my online fighter name. Can't figure it out. Right now it defaults to my last name and is not an option to change. Thanks!

Re: Moderators 12 years 2 months ago #7971

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
  • Thank you received: 849
No one has the power to change your name mate. Since your account is brand new, it'll be best to simply scrap it and make a new one.

Re: Moderators 12 years 2 months ago #8090

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • CalvinIsAwesome's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
thanks for the info man!
See you in the skies!

Re: Moderators 12 years 2 months ago #8097