• Page:

TOPIC:

Questions on the game - how to and requirements 12 years 2 months ago #6952

• iQQi
  • iQQi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 62
I have been playing the game for a few days now, hate to admit how obsessive it has become.

Love it. It is my first multiplayer game - I am running it on Android, a HTC View 4G (32GB mem) on WiFi, roughly a 3MB connection. I turn off as much as possible other apps before playing.

I have tested latency to the www.dogfightplay.com site and it is on the order of 38ms - I mention this as I have noticed literally seconds in update response (jumping and delays) - so I am curious to where the servers are located so I can see if I have a large delay there. The delays have been curious, sometime it appears that I have scored a hit (no other tracers going in on target) and the plane goes down and is created to someone else. I can't believe it was not me.

I have also seen the message that 'xxx' was brought down only to see his plane still flying on the screen and then disappear. Happened more than once. Sort of a several second delay in what is really going on, the visuals not in synch with real-time, which gets me to my next question.

My kill ratio is so small to the number of hours I have played is embarrassing - I do wonder if what I 'see' and shoot at is really there as sometimes the location of the target suddenly jumps several plane spans - also, many times I am shooting continuously (centered on target and also side to side and up & down in the sight) and no hits or any reaction from the plane and then it seems to register some seconds later -

I know that it does take time & skill to advance in the game, but I do wonder if some hardware or bandwidth issues gives an unlevel playing field.

I have several other questions, like why does the Spad I bought not appear 'In the Hanger' everytime, yet the Red Baron I purchased does? Frusting...

Thanks!
Love the game!
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. --- Goethe

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Questions on the game - how to and requirements 12 years 2 months ago #6961

• |111th|Kevy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1028
I've noticed it too. It's lag. Not you but them. You've got a great rig and good wifi. When I'm running good it acts like yours. When I'm Lagging (you might not) it seems someone comes in like a jet and takes me out! It's probably near impossible to balance it out..Z (author of Dogfight) seems to be constantly working to keep this game up.So in short enjoy the game for what is great fun and yes addicting. There are others out there but this has a great play platform and nice players. Most are not nice in air though!

Re: Questions on the game - how to and requirements 12 years 2 months ago #6966

• iQQi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Thanks for the feedback!

I have been instantly shot out of the sky, no gun fire heard, no tracers, just going down. In some games when one of the top rated pilots is there I end up raising their score considerably - I then take it as a challenge to try to find them and return the 'favor' - no luck so far! I do smile when I'm downed by them 5 times in 5 minutes. Gad...

Re: Questions on the game - how to and requirements 12 years 2 months ago #6967

• iQQi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

I have several other questions, like why does the Spad I bought not appear 'In the Hanger' everytime, yet the Red Baron I purchased does? Frusting..

I found the answer in another discussion - the plane (Spad) does not appear if you are fighting for Germany.

Which brings me to another question, is there posted any summary of game nuances like this?
I have been reading most of the posts in the forum and learned a great deal.

Re: Questions on the game - how to and requirements 12 years 2 months ago #7000

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
  • Thank you received: 849
iQQi, I must say -- you're one of the most intelligent people on this forum. Thank you for actually lurking and reading before asking a dumb question. Here's to you!

Re: Questions on the game - how to and requirements 12 years 2 months ago #7020

• iQQi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Now I am afraid to ask a question! LOL!

Like Mark Twain (and others) have said, something like: "Better to remain silent and appear dumb than to open mouth and prove it".

Thanks -

Re: Questions on the game - how to and requirements 12 years 2 months ago #7242

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
  • Thank you received: 849
Exactly!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.459 seconds