Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 weeks ago #85982

• falconsfan1
  • Thank you received: 21
Just joking about spawn killing folks I never do that stuff unless I'm desperate for kills I'm dogfight mode but I know its still wrong utmwhen two of the top ten players are in the room you get desperate

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 weeks ago #86146

• [NLR]Jacob10000
  • Thank you received: 1711
Wow like hahaha...you are like...not as like...hahaha... funny as you like..."giggle"...think you are...lol...omg!

Musay69,
If you get caught behaving in such a way ingame, you "will" be banned! I would suggest not trying to get this mob riled up with your not so humorous antics. Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GoroKhan, junkhole61, yose[M]ite, falconsfan1

Last edit: by [NLR]Jacob10000.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 weeks ago #86148

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963

GreyGhost wrote: Spawn killin can help raise stats, and rank up fast. But being spawn killed lowers stats and discourage's some players from comeing back. We are all trying to recruit new talent for our squads! But how can we even try when they are being spawn killed faster then their planes can respawn.

I see the appeal, of course, but seriously, what's the point to ranking up if you can't handle yourself in a legitimate fight? It just gets you shot at more.
See you in the skies!
The following user(s) said Thank You: GoroKhan

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 weeks ago #86173

• snobumm1
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 686
jacobs right ...you just made evryone who reads your post put you on their most wanted list ...thats a bad thing to have so many aces gunning for you and eager to get a screen shot in game to support your self incrimination...your on my hit and watch list for sure mine and 3 other squadrons now
The following user(s) said Thank You: GoroKhan

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 weeks ago #86678

• the shoe
  • Thank you received: 3
Just got kicked for spawnkilling, I did it once in a
Destroy carrier game and I think its no big deal
because thats what happends when you get the
upperhand and will help to end the game quicker.
However standing with a tank in the middle of the
runway deserves a kicking. I've been spawn killed
a thousand times or more by top ranks and could'nt
care less.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bomer1

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 weeks ago #86679

• $. $
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • My money bag
  • Thank you received: 51
If u spawnkilled someone they can't play the game cause they can't even get of the runway so wats the point it might be fun for u but not for everyone everyone wants a chance to play I think people shouldn't do it
When life makes lemons
You shoot the lemons until there's nothing left

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 weeks ago #86682

• the shoe
Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course but what I mean
is that it mostly happends towards the end of the game
and helps to end the game, especially now
when the games tend to last longer sometimes
half our to an hour.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 weeks ago #86683

• the shoe
And in my defends it was from a distance

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 weeks ago #86684

• $. $
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • My money bag
Well it does happen to the end and yes some people do get carried away but they only do tht to win the game so maybe u could do it at the end but then again still wouldn't be fair
When life makes lemons

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 weeks ago #86685

• the shoe
Anyway there are new players joining everyday so
the debate will go on.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 weeks ago #86686

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 6460
GO get a bomb.
Bombing ENDS the game.
Oh...wait...bombing IS the game.
Campers EXTEND the game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CalvinIsAwesome

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 weeks ago #86706

• FuzzyFlyer 3
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Eat my bullets
  • Thank you received: 130
Personaly I think it is ok to spawnkill unless the victim asks you to stop. I agree with bomber in some ways, it does help you get better.
But if the victim of it is being driven insane you should stop.

Last edit: by FuzzyFlyer 3.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 weeks ago #86712

• Gnasher
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • It's today that counts
  • Thank you received: 563

the shoe wrote: Anyway there are new players joining everyday so
the debate will go on.

After being suckered by Kapt Singh's April Fool about a pro cleansing squad(!) ha ha, I ate some cake, picked myself back up and considered the debate, then I saw this thread! Can I throw in a penny's worth :) My main concern with tolerating spawn killers is the access it denies gamers. Players walk away from games where spawn killing develops, others can't enter the game at all. I see the debate is wide, I have zeroed in on spawning pilots, seconds from delivering a bomb, and shot them down in order to carry out the mission, no more. Ill take my chances on the return journey to collect more points and air time. A wide debate, but loitering with intent, killing welcome gamers as they arrive at the door, repeatedly, strikes me as playing against the intensions of DogFight and slams the door on all those future rookies. So what is a solution to this growing problem, more cake definitely.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, CalvinIsAwesome, Sir Wumper, Paul Mantz, Jr., Jack fighter

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 weeks ago #86715

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
The following user(s) said Thank You: CalvinIsAwesome, Gnasher

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 weeks ago #86727

• Gnasher
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • It's today that counts
Aye Stuart,

Familier condition. Maybe the concept of a culling squad, so to squeak, is not so foolish. A 'Home Front' team, who are willing to mediate. I would compare spawn killing to intentional team killing, both result in bad taste.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sir Wumper

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 weeks ago #86742

• Gnasher
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • It's today that counts
Right the current solution is see and report. Thanks for the top tips. :)

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 weeks ago #86795

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Thank you received: 2736
Why is it after I drop my bomb people keep shooting at me? For Gawd Sake's, I dropped my bomb, hit a hangar or 3 (possibly missed) and am heading home *STOP SHOOTING AT ME*. It's not fair to shoot at some one after they drop a bomb on a hangar.
I dropped my bomb, let me go get another one.... If you shoot me down I loose the point's for shooting 3 of your teamates down on the way there.... stop shooting me after I bomb, I was leaving...
If you shoot at me I can't defend myself, If I do, I'm called a camper.... I wasn't born with Wheel's, I can't be towed and I burn the damn marshmallow's.......
Did I forget anything..... :huh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: beatea, [NLR]Jacob10000, Paul Mantz, Jr., ParrotHead, Richyroo

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 weeks ago #86805

• Whosethisguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Pratt & Whitney Piston Lover!
  • Thank you received: 1771
I like running away after gettin some hanger, and I like when they shoot at me too! Feels so light and nimble, dodging bullets! Dont like it much when they dump to try and chase me though. When I see theyre keeping up I turn on em like a cornered badger, gggrrrrrrrrrr!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 weeks ago #86807

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
Why should we stop shooting? In my opinion, you have the right to defend yourself against anyone who is a danger to you, whether it be a teammate or an enemy who just took off. It's not camping, spawnkilling, or teamkilling if it's in defense.
See you in the skies!

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 weeks ago #86819

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866

dentinhead wrote: Why is it after I drop my bomb people keep shooting at me? For Gawd Sake's, I dropped my bomb, hit a hangar or 3 (possibly missed) and am heading home *STOP SHOOTING AT ME*. It's not fair to shoot at some one after they drop a bomb on a hangar.
I dropped my bomb, let me go get another one.... If you shoot me down I loose the point's for shooting 3 of your teamates down on the way there.... stop shooting me after I bomb, I was leaving...
If you shoot at me I can't defend myself, If I do, I'm called a camper.... I wasn't born with Wheel's, I can't be towed and I burn the damn marshmallow's.......

Whosethisguy wrote: I like running away after gettin some hanger, and I like when they shoot at me too! Feels so light and nimble, dodging bullets! Dont like it much when they dump to try and chase me though. When I see theyre keeping up I turn on em like a cornered badger, gggrrrrrrrrrr!!!

CalvinIsAwesome wrote: Why should we stop shooting? In my opinion, you have the right to defend yourself against anyone who is a danger to you, whether it be a teammate or an enemy who just took off. It's not camping, spawnkilling, or teamkilling if it's in defense.

Calvin, search harder for the sarcasm. Dent is complaining about other players creating an unfair fight... unfair for them, because he got no bomb. Unfair for him, because of the accusation. There, I spelled it out. Almost ruins it. In fact, I think I did.
:unsure:
Hey Whose, I stick around after bombing if there's teammate following me, but otherwise it's back to base for a reload. Then when I see shots fired over my shoulder, I check to see who it is... if it's someone high-ranked who might get me easily, I wheel around and fight. If it's lower ranked, I juke and jive a little to avoid getting hit, and lure them out into the midlands, so that (a) if I kill them there, I have a long head start back to my base, and (b) if I get killed, I have some options (tank or respawn as a plane).
Manfred
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead, beatea, [NLR]Jacob10000, Paul Mantz, Jr., Whosethisguy, ParrotHead

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 weeks ago #86839

• $. $
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • My money bag
I agree that you can spawnkill but if the person tells you to stop....stop

1.helps you get more kills
2.helps you get higher rank
3.helps your team win

It's very complicated......
When life makes lemons

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 weeks ago #86882

• ParrotHead
  • ParrotHead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Growing older, but not up!
  • Thank you received: 3728
I started this debacle of a topic. Glad I did. Everytime somebody posts I want to jump in and post back, but I don't. I think I've said my peace on the subject. However, a new topic has emerged. Camping, staying around the enemy base after you've dropped your bomb or worse some numbnutz that dumped his bomb after taking off, using the advantage of a faster and more nimble plane to fight his way to the enemy base and hanging around. As much as I respect Wumper, I have to say I WILL NOT turn tail and run as soon as I drop my bomb on your hangars. I will not give the reds the opportunity for an easy kill. I'm not going to stick around at plink away at the reds as they appear, but I will take down any red in the air, let my team bomb and when and only when I think I can get away, I will return to base for a reload. That DOES NOT make me or anyone else a "camper". If you can pull it off, it makes you a good pilot. While I'm doing it if you take off and fly in a nice straight line, thanks for the 50 points. You're going down. That doesn't make me a spawnkiller. That makes me a higher rank, thanks again.

Now, with that said and as I've said before, I do not support spawnkilling. This is easily defined. Plane spawns and is on the runway. You kill it, you're a spawnkiller. It's cheap.

BUT, if you disagree and think its a talent/skill think about this... It discourages new players to continue playing and costs Echoboom potential profits to invest in improvements. There's a new announcement about DogFight Elite. We're all excited and are crossing our fingers that it happens. Well, it happens quicker if more people play and buy the original game. Once they're hooked, most of them will do just like me. Spend money on credits to upgrade and what is that... Revenue! Look it up. It's what makes the world to round.

Now, lets talk about camping. Camping is when someone for no reason, but an impressive kill count, sticks around and continually kills the reds. This is either actual spawnkilling, as described above, or taking the reds down as they are getting or are airborne. I agree that when the opportunity presents itself, a pilot should return to base and continue the mission. What's a mission? Oh yeah! It's bombing... You know... With a bomb. If somebody dumps and fights their way to your base, their whole goal is to camp. You cannot make somebody "play" with honor. All you can do is try to shame them and that's probably not going to work either.

Last point, I think. The idea that I will spawnkill until they complain is flawed. 1) it's spawnkilling 2) not everyone will complain and it's still spawnkilling 3) when someone does complain or ask for the SKing to stop, I always hear the same thing... "Cry baby" or the like. It's a no-win situation for the learning pilot.
Fuck this place. Second rate hack playing in a yard that's too big for him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, Dentinhead, beatea, Paul Mantz, Jr., Whosethisguy

Last edit: by ParrotHead.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 weeks ago #86927

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks Manfred for explaining. :) . My post was just dry humor. I forgot the darn smiley'es again.
I'm on my phone so this is short. I hate typing on tthis thing. ;) My post was't directed at anyone. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: CalvinIsAwesome, Paul Mantz, Jr.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 weeks ago #87004

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
Ok. I have been trying not to spawn kill. But people still accuse me of spawn kill, so i spawn kill them a lot. Untill they leave, eg: ghost.

For the people who say "stop helping ur stats", i say fu## you. If u didn't give a rats a$$ about stats then you wouldn't check the ranking web.

Paul, camping quickens the game, not extend. After i bomb, i camp and wait for blues to bomb, if i just went back, then it would take forever to get back in to bomb, that is if u were playimg against a good team.

Dent, i agree that u shouldn't be shot at, if u were just leaving. Thats why i don't shoot people after they bomb, thats not always the case though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CalvinIsAwesome

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 weeks ago #87043

• Gnasher
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • It's today that counts

CalvinIsAwesome wrote: Why should we stop shooting? In my opinion, you have the right to defend yourself against anyone who is a danger to you, whether it be a teammate or an enemy who just took off. It's not camping, spawnkilling, or teamkilling if it's in defense.

Without definition from the management we can go all over the place with this, bombless immunity, camping, hiking. When is a situation considered defended? when should ALL the shooting stop! I think a lot of players, especially those with high air time, know the line between defensive action and incessant spawnkilling, it's just sooo tempting. The UK government launched an anti drug campaign in the 1980's that was a debacle, it read 'Just Say No', there was even a pop song to back it up. It went, Just saaay no - NO!... JUST SAY NOOOOOO, saay noo, NO! Just say No. I don't think it got to number one.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 weeks ago #87048

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Chocks Away wrote:

Without definition from the management we can go all over the place with this, bombless immunity, camping, hiking. When is a situation considered defended? when should ALL the shooting stop! I think a lot of players, especially those with high air time, know the line between defensive action and incessant spawnkilling, it's just sooo tempting. The UK government launched an anti drug campaign in the 1980's that was a debacle, it read 'Just Say No', there was even a pop song to back it up. It went, Just saaay no - NO!... JUST SAY NOOOOOO, saay noo, NO! Just say No. I don't think it got to number one.

I was there in the 80's...Did it even release (joke). LMAO... :) :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gnasher

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 weeks ago #87053

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
  • Thank you received: 1352

dentinhead wrote: Why is it after I drop my bomb people keep shooting at me? For Gawd Sake's, I dropped my bomb, hit a hangar or 3 (possibly missed) and am heading home *STOP SHOOTING AT ME*. It's not fair to shoot at some one after they drop a bomb on a hangar.

Lolol......

Gen~~~~~~~~jack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 weeks ago #87057

• Gnasher
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • It's today that counts

dentinhead wrote:

Chocks Away wrote:

I was there in the 80's...Did it even release (joke). LMAO... :) :)

Zammo and Roly!

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 weeks ago #87062

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
When I was growing up, my dad told me about a pilot with amazing flying skills and he would know. Unfortunately, the pilot was lacking in character.

"Son, just because a fart doesn't stink doesn't mean it's not just a fart."

Edited the language for here. Dad had "extremely colorful" language.

Dad was a successful, respected pilot and man. The other pilot disappeared from history.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, Dentinhead, CalvinIsAwesome, Sir Wumper, ¥M4rtin¥, Jack fighter

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 weeks ago #87290

• Gnasher
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • It's today that counts
Your dad sounds great. Did I catch the moral of the story right? So a pilot with really very stinky chronic flatulence, whos rancid gasses create severe fart storms all over the skies, is no more than the next man? Another like for like, spawn killing/flatulence. . On the subject of Dads, mine still is a pilot, he flies a paraglider! He's 72 bless him. :cheer:

Time to create page: 0.871 seconds