×

Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 7 years 1 month ago #70693

  • Ak_Baron
  • Ak_Baron's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Posts: 56
  • Thank you received: 28

Blue Max Young wrote: Yes sir ender is a BEAST in this game. What he was trying to say Baron is the object of a PROTECT the zep game is just that. Protect. So to win the game it means you have to suppress the enemy planes. Keep them on the ground IF YOU CAN. It is not easy to do more than a couple of times in a row. If the zep is more than 3/4 of the way across the map and the defenders are shot down you may not get back in the game. Plus if its close to the enemy base every one is taking off shooting and crashing over and over. No time to shoot them before they die and respawn. So to counter you have to line up and get them at take off on the runway. If every one wants to stop the instant crashing I would be all in. Every one has there views on the subject. If I could keep ender on the mat in a zep game i would most certainly do it and would expect him to do it to me. This is very hard to do and would take a lot of skill.


I understand what you guys are saying. I'm looking at this subject from a game point of view. If I'm the team who is attacking the Zep and I can't even take off, then what is the point of continuing to play? Why would anyone want continue to play if they get killed as soon as they spawn? For me as a game player, it is much more challenging to have my opponents airborne than to kill them as they spawn. I would hate to be one of those players who causes other players to leave the game because they know they will have no chance at some point. For me, I prefer to win because I am lil bit better than the other guy. Not because I denied the other guy a chance to play. All in all, I understand your point of view and I hope you can see it from mine too..

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: --J--, Dr Dave., BlüEMäX

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 7 years 1 month ago #70709

  • bomer1
  • bomer1's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • yolo
  • Posts: 2005
  • Thank you received: 539
Then u keep trying, thats the only way to get better. If they quit and avoid it, then they will never get better. If u keep trying, then u are bound to succed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ender, GoroKhan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 7 years 1 month ago #70715

  • Ender
  • Ender's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Don't hate Ender Hate the Game
  • Posts: 131
  • Thank you received: 123
If you have skills like Bomber then you would probably hate yourself because Bomber is the kind of player who causes other players to leave the game because they know they will have no chance at ALL! hahaha. Bomber is worse than a spawn killer. He's a killer period.

But the whole idea is to help you improve your chances of winning instead of focusing on the reasons why you keep losing. Players will always want you to lose - so its up to you to prove to them that they are wrong.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 7 years 1 month ago #70719

  • bomer1
  • bomer1's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • yolo
  • Posts: 2005
  • Thank you received: 539
Idk ender, last time i played with u, i was getting whooped.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 7 years 1 month ago #70720

  • Manfred
  • Manfred's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Just Manfred
  • Posts: 2846
  • Thank you received: 3866

Ak_Baron wrote:

Blue Max Young wrote: Yes sir ender is a BEAST in this game. What he was trying to say Baron is the object of a PROTECT the zep game is just that. Protect. So to win the game it means you have to suppress the enemy planes. Keep them on the ground IF YOU CAN. It is not easy to do more than a couple of times in a row. If the zep is more than 3/4 of the way across the map and the defenders are shot down you may not get back in the game. Plus if its close to the enemy base every one is taking off shooting and crashing over and over. No time to shoot them before they die and respawn. So to counter you have to line up and get them at take off on the runway. If every one wants to stop the instant crashing I would be all in. Every one has there views on the subject. If I could keep ender on the mat in a zep game i would most certainly do it and would expect him to do it to me. This is very hard to do and would take a lot of skill.


I understand what you guys are saying. I'm looking at this subject from a game point of view. If I'm the team who is attacking the Zep and I can't even take off, then what is the point of continuing to play? Why would anyone want continue to play if they get killed as soon as they spawn? For me as a game player, it is much more challenging to have my opponents airborne than to kill them as they spawn. I would hate to be one of those players who causes other players to leave the game because they know they will have no chance at some point. For me, I prefer to win because I am lil bit better than the other guy. Not because I denied the other guy a chance to play. All in all, I understand your point of view and I hope you can see it from mine too..


Those thoughts go through my head too. But other thoughts quickly dominate. I wonder what would happen if I hold my brakes, while looking behind me? I can time when he flies past, then let go of the brakes. I wonder how close I can bank around that building to avoid his bullets. Can I lose the bomb in that first turn while I am below the roof line? How fast can I pivot around that building and get him in my sights?

It takes some time to get good at takeoffs and at playing tag with buildings, but the bottom line is that having the luxury of timing a takeoff (with brakes) gives an extraordinary advantage against an airborne aircraft, if that timing is used well.

Yes and then there are the Enders who are skilled enough to blast you in that first turn anyway! But not everyone is like Ender. Thank goodness.

Manfred
The following user(s) said Thank You: bopes

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 7 years 1 month ago #70721

  • [NLR]Jacob10000
  • [NLR]Jacob10000's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 1671
  • Thank you received: 1711
I partially agree with both sides. I understand that it does make the game very challenging when you have to struggle to break ground effect, but at the same thine it is a game and I believe games should be fun. Some people have enough challenges in real life and just want to chill and have a good time playing the game. (This is the reason that on most video games that I have played, I use every cheat code possible to lessen the challenge and just "play". Those weren't online multi player games, this is the first largely multi player game I have played and the only reason I didn't quit when overwhelmingly challenges is because I'm an airplane person and I knew I could fly harder. Now I have a much better feel for the planes and the motion control so I can hold my own most of the time.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 7 years 1 month ago #70741

  • Dr Dave.
  • Dr Dave.'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • EXTERMINATE
  • Posts: 2420
  • Thank you received: 2818
You know my feelings and thoughts on the matter.




And ender with your supposedly level of skill, Why would you feel the need???

As for bomers attitude towards it.....well enough said there.
I could care....But I dont

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Dr Dave..

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 7 years 1 month ago #70770

  • bomer1
  • bomer1's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • yolo
  • Posts: 2005
  • Thank you received: 539
Manfred, i use that tactic to get off when getting spawn killed. It never fails.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 7 years 1 month ago #70796

  • Ender
  • Ender's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Don't hate Ender Hate the Game
  • Posts: 131
  • Thank you received: 123

Dr Dave wrote: You know my feelings and thoughts on the matter.

And ender with your supposedly level of skill, Why would you feel the need???

As for bomers attitude towards it.....well enough said there.


What feeling? I don't even feel a thing...maybe I'm numb? I need a doctor. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: bopes, Dr Dave.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 7 years 1 month ago #70799

  • |111th|tSwopCaml
  • |111th|tSwopCaml's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1228
  • Thank you received: 809
Bomber and Ender. It takes no skill to spawnkill. I TOTALLY agree what skill is there to shoot an enemy plane on the ground and do it over and over again? nothing.

I also believe that on protect the zep it isn't necessary either. I have won protecting the zep without Spawnkilling and with equal teams.

Guys I have time for both playing real good AND to complain. At least I can do two things at once unlike the other pilots here. just kidding

Ender and Bomber, I have gotten better and have achieve my rank NOT because of spawnkilling or from being spawnkilled. One doesn't need spawnkilling to make one a better pilot (period)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ender, Dr Dave.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 7 years 1 month ago #70800

  • |111th|tSwopCaml
  • |111th|tSwopCaml's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1228
  • Thank you received: 809
AK Baron,

Thanks for posting these wonderful studies. I might need to check out these books if they are available.

Thanks for your input on this. I TOTALLY agree.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 7 years 1 month ago #70886

  • GoroKhan
  • GoroKhan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 102
  • Thank you received: 29
Yall always crying about the bomber" the killer" just remember those who anger control your feelings. It's a game like jacob said its a challenge and another gave great advise how to stop a "sk' er". So play and don't give up give your teamates a chance by hanging in there. Oh and I have to disagree it take skill to sK Maybee some just envy successfull players.my advise and how I deal with "sk'ers" is to fly swerving away from base to draw him away so I can get a cleaner shot after I respawn....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 7 years 1 month ago #70896

  • bomer1
  • bomer1's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • yolo
  • Posts: 2005
  • Thank you received: 539
Thats not the black eagles spirit gorokhan, next time chase them and try to kill them no matter how many times you fail, not waddle away so u get a clear shot when u respawn

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by bomer1.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 7 years 1 month ago #70900

  • |111th|tSwopCaml
  • |111th|tSwopCaml's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1228
  • Thank you received: 809
My feelings are controled and to be honest at my rank i have no envy believe you me. Also i never give up but it doesn't change my feelings and my feelings do not affect my play. Goro your logic just doesn't work on this one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 7 years 1 month ago #70901

  • |111th|tSwopCaml
  • |111th|tSwopCaml's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1228
  • Thank you received: 809
And to bomber there are so many ways to get around the pilots who use techniques that take no skill like spawnkilling

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 7 years 1 month ago #70940

  • bomer1
  • bomer1's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • yolo
  • Posts: 2005
  • Thank you received: 539
Exactly, if there are ways to get around it, then use those god damn ways. U always quit when someone is spawn killing and u say u never quit, huh. I am done posting on this thread. My opinions will stay the same no matter how much u complain.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 7 years 1 month ago #70962

  • |111th|tSwopCaml
  • |111th|tSwopCaml's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1228
  • Thank you received: 809
I only quit if i arrive in middle of game and its done. All other times i stay. Also why do the spawnkilling in the first place if it takes no ability to do it? Your being illogical. Also if one leaves so what when that person is high rank anyways? One doesnt have to be part of spawnkilling on either end to be a good dogfight game player. Thats the beauty of the game. All of the aspects of the game to be expert at.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 7 years 1 month ago #70969

  • SkyDavis
  • SkyDavis's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Posts: 2168
  • Thank you received: 836
Swop sorry to burst the bubble. It actually dose take a lot of skill to spawn kill people. Now if your doing it to aspirants and fairly new players then its would not be to hard with the more advanced plane's and all your experience and skill on your side. So many things can happen so quick that can toss you off your spawn kill and get your self tangled in a dogfight with you alone vs the whole enemy team. Just takes one guy to get off and get his bomb off him and engage you. That is all it takes to end some one from spawning people. Now I do disagree with spawn killing but I must admit I had my go at it in back when we were all brigadiers and group captains. It is when you get 2 to 3 people together to spawn kill that it becomes near a no skill thing to do because 3 people can keep bulits on a runway constantly for a while 1 person there is always a window that opens and closes constantly. Another resin how I can tell you spawn killing takes skill to do it is well. You cant imagine how many times I have had people try to spawn kill me. They may succeed 1 or 2 times but I usually get up lose the bomb and get on the tails and kill them in no time at all because they they left the window of opportunity open for 2 seconds.

Again I am against spawn killing because I feel it is wrong because there are people out there that can't counter it or have not learned what to do to counter it but it takes skill.
A person spawn killing might get a rate of 2 spawn kills out of 3 kills. 2 of the kills will be on the runway or just right after the plane has gotten off the 3rd kill will usually not be a spawn kill because of the time it took the spawn killer to point and aim at the first 2 guys the 3rd guy got off the ground and did his 4 or 5 seconds of air time or has dropped the bomb and has first started into a turn.
Anyway the more you know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ender, GoroKhan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 7 years 1 month ago #70975

  • |111th|tSwopCaml
  • |111th|tSwopCaml's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1228
  • Thank you received: 809
Skydavis i still dont think it takes skill it just means you fly in circles shooting planes while they are on the ground. Thats no skill. Sorry sky it isn't skill. Shooting planes before they take off is no skill.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 7 years 1 month ago #71007

  • bomer1
  • bomer1's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • yolo
  • Posts: 2005
  • Thank you received: 539
Sky, i agree with u and i dont spawn kill noobs. Next time u see me swop, try to spawn kill me and see if u are succesful, even once. I bet money u would fail.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ender

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 7 years 1 month ago #71008

  • bopes
  • bopes's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1108
  • Thank you received: 1481

bomer1 wrote: Sky, i agree with u and i dont spawn kill noobs. Next time u see me swop, try to spawn kill me and see if u are succesful, even once. I bet money u would fail.


Ah, a friendly wager! This I'd like to see. Please let us all know when you schedule the match so someone can take pictures. Maybe we can set up a hot dog stand for the crowds of onlookers. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wigbomb

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 7 years 1 month ago #71011

  • |111th|tSwopCaml
  • |111th|tSwopCaml's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1228
  • Thank you received: 809
Bomber i would never attempt it because one doesnt need spawnkilling to determine how good a pilot is in the game. I will never try it. I dont need to and im a good pilot.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 7 years 1 month ago #71013

  • GoroKhan
  • GoroKhan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 102
  • Thank you received: 29
Well we all have our ways of dealing with sk'ers my way works for me.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 7 years 1 month ago #71014

  • |111th|tSwopCaml
  • |111th|tSwopCaml's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1228
  • Thank you received: 809
Bopes i wont accept because i dont need spawnkilling to determine how good a pilot i am. I will also say that nothing i said to him or you is meant to take away from how good a pilot bomber is but all of that is from outside of spawnkilling.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 7 years 1 month ago #71015

  • bopes
  • bopes's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1108
  • Thank you received: 1481

doughens wrote: Bopes i wont accept because i dont need spawnkilling to determine how good a pilot i am. I will also say that nothing i said to him or you is meant to take away from how good a pilot bomber is but all of that is from outside of spawnkilling.


Aw that's too bad. But I think Bomber was trying to give you an opportunity to show everyone how EASY it is to spawnkill, and that it requires NO skill, like you say.

Believe you me, the rest of us unskilled players are just DYING to know! What better way to prove your theory Swop than by having a match between two famous aces such as yourself and Bomer?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ender, bomer1, Wigbomb, ParrotHead

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 7 years 1 month ago #71028

  • |111th|tSwopCaml
  • |111th|tSwopCaml's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1228
  • Thank you received: 809
Well I see however. His ability to spawnkill me (which is easy) is based on things outside of spawnkilling. This is because bomber has to fly, dogfight the pilots on my team , get past those pilots and then arrive at the moment I spawn. See? all of those things are OUTSIDE of spawnkilling. Once he arrives when I spawn then the spawnkilling is easy for him and then vice versa. I would never do that cause I believe not only the concept is easy but its totally dishonorable too. My affinity against spawnkilling is multifaceted.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 7 years 1 month ago #71040

  • Dentinhead
  • Dentinhead's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Posts: 2241
  • Thank you received: 2736
Spawn killing take's alot of skill from a plane. I was amazed at how people like bomber could so quickly shoot my A^^ off at time and time again before I took off. It got to the point Bomber, Greenfreedom and other's respected me and would tell each other to let me take off... I'd tell them not to and that I'd get it figured out. I eventually was able to take off and get lucky enough to take some of them down...
Now I'm ranked up there with Bomber.

I think the people who complain about spawnkilling the most are mainley people who can't do it....
Before any of you complain about what I just posted.... I can't spawnkill... I don't have the Skill required to repeatedly spin and take you down.
Spawn killing is a tool of the game when applied correctly and fairly. Use your own Judgment.

I'm done...... Judge Me.... I can't wait... ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: GoroKhan, bomer1, [NLR]Jacob10000, Wigbomb

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 7 years 1 month ago #71041

  • Dr Dave.
  • Dr Dave.'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • EXTERMINATE
  • Posts: 2420
  • Thank you received: 2818
a new thread. The Faces of Spawn Killers

I could care....But I dont
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th| Von Pay, |111th|tSwopCaml, --J--

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 7 years 1 month ago #71044

  • |111th|tSwopCaml
  • |111th|tSwopCaml's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1228
  • Thank you received: 809
Dentinhead, anyone who wants to spawnkill can spawnkill. You say you can't but you could if you really wanted to. I think deep down you know in your heart it isn't the right thing to do.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 7 years 1 month ago #71048

  • |111th|tSwopCaml
  • |111th|tSwopCaml's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1228
  • Thank you received: 809
That is an amazing picture.

(being humorous)

Bomber that sure is a nice picture of you. I totally love your smile. I love pilots who smile. Oh GoroKhan. Is that you in the background looking admirably at Bomber?
(Guys I said the previous paragraph being funny. I totally believe that you two, Bomber and Goro, are amazing pilots but it is in exception to the spawnkilling. You two are fun to fight against and I'm not just saying that.)

A thank you and a karma for Dr. Dave.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.674 seconds