TOPIC:

Use your REAL email and keep it up to date 6 years 7 months ago #364922

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
Hi there,

The recent "hacking" was not hacking at all. The issue is that many people writes to me constantly about their forgotten passwords and how they entered a fake email or an old email and they have no way to recover their account.

This is a problem because many times, I have no clue if the person writing to me is for real or just someone trying to gain access to someone else account. I usually spend a ridiculous amount of time trying to figure out whether it's bs or real. And I sometimes fail because there is no way for me to tell, and that's how people got access to another accounts.

So given the recent events, I have no choice but to enforce this rule.

You MUST use your real email on the forum and game. If you forget your password, the new password reset will be sent to that email. If you have a fake email, you will lose your account in that event and there will be absolutely no way to recover it. There is no way for me to know for sure whether you are not impersonating someone else, so make sure you have your real email setup. If you change emails, you can always change your forum email here or the game email at the "tools" menu (top of this page).

After all these years you know I don't use your email for anything else but to recover your passwords and notify you of the forum posts. There is no spam nor reselling of your information. The purpose of having your email is just for that: so you don't lose access to your account when you forget your password. Setting up a fake email equals you will lose access if you forget your password.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [e]hammer_tool, ZebraUp, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, V.Huntress War, DireWolf{WP****}, SCAMPERS REVENGE, Lone Player, Alex Galt, ®Gamekeeper©™, StarsandBars and 3 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by zuperman.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.466 seconds