TOPIC:

Windows 8.1 update coming soon 8 years 9 months ago #274636

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
Hi

Many of you are aware that Dogfight stopped working randomly on Windows 8.1. Randomly means, randomly. Because many can play while many can't.
I've been working with Microsoft on figuring it out the issue but they are very very slow. I found out that it is due to the Microsoft Store. Something they changed broke it. They didn't tell what, but I'm guessing is related to the upcoming Windows 10.

In any case, I've been waiting for over a week for a fix and it doesn't seem like it's going to come soon enough. So to at least let everyone play, I'm going to remove all Microsoft Store related code from Dogfight. This means you won't be able to purchase points, subscriptions or anything using Windows 8.1 if you upgrade to the next version. You will need to do so from any of your mobile devices: apple, kindle, android or windows phone. Just not from the pc.

I will be sending the modified version to the store today and hopefully it will be out before tomorrow. If you don't have any problems with the current version, just don't update, since I won't enforce it on the server.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, Acegirl, Gannet, Armament, [NLR] R@HUL

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.654 seconds