TOPIC:

Dogfight 4.4.80 to be soon 9 years 2 months ago #244186

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
Hi

I need to wait for the last update to make its way to Apple, but as soon as Apple releases that version I'm pushing 4.4.80 to all platforms.

This version will have some serious changes:
- Tanks should not jump and crash when you go into them any more.
- Buttons on the top (camera, menu) should be more responsive now.
- There will be a new team and global chat in the game. You can press an icon next to the text box and switch from one or the other. By default it is always on global chat (everybody can read).
- Since now airplanes are bigger and physics system is better, the airplanes can check better contact points. This means that you will need to hit the airplanes more times and bullets can easily go between the wings, so aim well. You will also be required to shoot more times the tanks. The exact number differs because it depends on where you hit them.
- No more repair after bombing (maybe I put it back, but let's see how it works without it).

- New mission type! I wanted to keep it a secret until release but since it's impossible once I begin testing it with real players... it will be a capture the flag type of mission:
* Each enemy base has a flag you have to pick up and bring to your base.
* You can drop the flag and let some other friend pick it up.
* You can pick up the flag in any way you want: as an airplane, a tank or a soldier.
* If you get killed while holding the flag, the flag is returned to its original base.
* If you touch the other flag, it returns to its original base.

It has tons of details to test and make sure nothing fails (things like flag not falling into water or impossible places and so on). But it's 99% done and tested. I hope you enjoy it.

You can watch a very short video of how it looks, I just made it: everyplay.com/videos/13392734
In there you also see the team/global chat icon (on the left side of the textbox), although obviously I couldn't use them with an existing game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScreaminEagle, GreyGhost, [*M]bhfoust, Gizmo., [M]FOX#1, [NLR] McFate, ZebraUp, EchoSaber, [NLR] Finn, Baby Crockett and 7 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by zuperman.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.412 seconds