TOPIC:

Dogfight and Forum Integration activated shortly 10 years 5 days ago #170280

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
Hi

The Dogfight and Forum integration will be activated shortly. This mean you can login with your dogfight account into the forum.

Unfortunately, since this was not possible before, I had to decide between allowing the users a little extra work or deleting all the forum posts and begin from zero. Obviously the second option is not an option so you need to make a few changes.

Let me explain a bit and the steps you need to follow.

Until now, you could register on the forum independent of the game. This could create a situation where in the game your name is "[rtx] zuperman" and in the forum you are just "zuperman".
For me, there is no way to know you are the same user automatically, since you will also probably use different passwords and emails in many cases. What will happen then? The system would create a new account, so in the forum you would have both... not the ideal scenario.

How do I know whether the automatic system already works for me?
Simple, logout from the forum and try to login typing your pilot name and in-game password. This part of the system is already active. If all is ok with your account, it will log you into your forum account automatically.

If that didn't work, you have to do the following:
1) Use the same name in dogfight than in the forum. That way there is no confusions when trying to do automatic matching.
2) Use the same email in dogfight than in the forum and in facebook! (this is specially important if you use facebook to login since it will try to match your accounts using your email)

How can we do all this? Just go on the top right section of this page to the tools area. Or directly:
tools.dogfightplay.com/dogfightplay/management/

In there, type in your in-game info and change your pilot name, email or whatever you want. Done. As soon as the full system is implemented you will be able to just log in.

I'm planning to do this in the next week.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jetmaroo, Frank Baracca, 2Storm2, KamiKazeeSuicider, Killer!, Punk[M]Chef, Desichick, Fiery Tiger, GI]GRIM1001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.461 seconds