TOPIC:

New missions 2 years 3 months ago #384272

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
Hi there

I'm writing this time to ask for ideas. I would like to add new mission types to the game, for WW1 and WW2.

Just throw me your ideas and we all discuss.
The following user(s) said Thank You: baron rojo, Phillipson, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, Juan Marni, remthrow

Please Log in to join the conversation.

New missions 2 years 3 months ago #384276

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755
sink the sub mission with submarine planes have to sink the sub before it submerges and players on sub via anit aircraft guns have to defend it before they drown lol
Also variable bases would be good to move the bases around the map to different  locations at the moment people tend to pick the german side as it has slight location advantage if you cant move the bases on map would be good if you randomise which base the planes are based and start from
The following user(s) said Thank You: zuperman, Cue Ball, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, Juan Marni

Last edit: by dognamitt.

New missions 2 years 3 months ago #384278

• Buddah4Q
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 129
First, thanks for your continued involvement, and work. Just some ideas for missions, A new CTC mission, or some kind of carrier mission,  you must bomb all the unusable airplanes on deck of carrier( like hangers , but for carriers)  Also for bomb the base,  add new targets. The bases are empty except for hangers now.  Each new kind of target is worth different points depending on difficulty. A row of unusable planes,. Tanks, bikes, jeeps, radio tower, different things on army bases. Also trenches were a huge part of WW1, perhaps, capture or destroy enemy trench by eliminating, static troops, turrets , tanks, covered soldier carrying trucks, and maybe the option to man/ defend the trench. Put the AA gun you have from the carrier in the trench. Thanks again. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: zuperman, Cue Ball, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, Juan Marni

New missions 2 years 3 months ago #384279

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
  • Thank you received: 9788
  • Anti aircraft guns at random location in each game
  • Ground to Air Missile (With incoming missile alert)
  • Multiple Important Assets at random place instead of all hangars in one place.
  • Rocket launcher from Carrier (Can target tank/plane/hangar)
The following user(s) said Thank You: zuperman, Cue Ball, Acegirl, Juan Marni

New missions 2 years 3 months ago #384280

• Cricket
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The Mayor
  • Thank you received: 1166
I would like missions where the soldier and all soldier activities are eliminated. Flying only, pure dogfight. The game is called Dogfight after all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mongo, Cue Ball, Acegirl, nebular, Pegoud

New missions 2 years 3 months ago #384288

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
We are not discussing removing the soldier. It has been there since day one. You can go back to year 1 of Dogfight and you had a soldier. There is not a single mission in the game that you cannot achieve using only a plane.

We are discussing new missions to add. For other requests create a new thread. Thanks.

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, Gannet, Alex Galt

Last edit: by zuperman.

New missions 2 years 3 months ago #384290

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i'm not bad. i'm just drawn that way
  • Thank you received: 9804
Helloooooooo Zuperman!
. .First, I am happy to be back and grateful for your words and prayers. I been trying to keep up with all the recent changes and they sound great. As I always say THANK YOU FOR LETTING US PLAY WITH YOUR TOYS. I did not get to vote but I think the results and the choice you made was the best one. Was surprised to see what many have been asking of the game to take it back to a WW1 game only did not have an overwhelming support and it was puzzling to say the least. Because after all many were not ready to part ways with the WW2 planes the bought. But all that got resolved I believe in an effective way. What we all need to remember is that Dogfight Elite is a business and as any other business it needs money or income to stay open. I am sure that if I were the owner of a pizza place I would not be giving away free pizzas, nor I have seen Walmart give away the merchandise for free. Business need money to stay open look what happened to my beloved Toys R Us. I think the subscribe to use the top planes although not popular it is a brilliant way to bring revenue to the game. In that train of thought my idea is oriented towards trying to bring revenue to the game. So, I believe zuperman (you) should consider creating or using establish missions to be played with certain type of planes. For example, the take over the ship mission you could make players to be able to use the WW2 planes like the Japanese zero and the other Japanese plane vs their same level counterparts form allied side. That way player that does not have those planes will need to buy them in order to play that particular mission. You can do this with other planes especially the lower ranking ones so that people go back and buy them and that way they do not get discarded from use once we progress or level up. Other mission could be destroying ship and base in same game, that way players would be obligated to defend two fronts making it more challenging and making planes fly different routes. Replace the air carrier for a battleship that teams would have to sink before it makes passes near bases and fires at your air base. Battel ship should move faster and take more pounding to be able to sink. Map should be bigger and/or have multiple bases or targets to attack so that pilots use the hole map to move around during games. Or a mission with one last target that could only be destroyed by the use of motorcycle, horse or tank, and planes would be force to give cover. Not the best ideas but looking for a way to pump so money to the game. Your Black Friday subscription deal was a great idea for old players that are on the fence to coming back to the game. I just saw that black Friday offer and I am sorry to say I miss it…because I was puking turkey all over the floor. I got a google card as a present and I miss that. So, if you are considering some kind of Christmas offer, I am sure a few of us would jump right in. On my part I will try to find time to start promoting the game over different Facebook groups and pages like I once did. I encourage others to do the same forwarding the links for the game to friends, family, or group pages you may be part of. Again, thank you for all the fun years of gaming; I have to look for and old post of a few Christmases back when I posted a picture of Santa with my wish list for DF Elite and if I remember right, it was one. SNOW! 2. Separate the WW1 and WW2. 3. To have Zuperman Back. Santa’s wish came true; a year or two late but I will take it!!
FELIZ NAVIDAD TO ALL!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: zuperman, Cue Ball, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Gannet, Pegoud, OUTLAW_WAR, Juan Marni

Last edit: by Acegirl.

New missions 2 years 3 months ago #384291

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4438
As I mentioned in other thread, The water is underutilized. We could purchase spar torpedo boats as we do tanks, and swim to them if we come down in or near the water.

How about a game where each side has say 20 planes parked up alongside the runway. Destroyable by bomb. When a player is shot down or crashes, they restart in one of the parked plane, reducing the resource by one plane. Loser/winner decided by who runs out of useable planes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, Viper10{WP}, Juan Marni

New missions 2 years 3 months ago #384294

• [NLR]Mysterio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • the less you reveal, the more people can wonder
  • Thank you received: 1003
* find and kill/protect the spy
* first player to achieve most points, like shooting someone/ destroying building/... you get points and first one who get for example 1000 point wins the game
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, OUTLAW_WAR, Juan Marni

New missions 2 years 3 months ago #384299

• baron rojo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3431

Bueno gracias!! Lo primero por contar con nosotros,mis ideas son estas:yo creo que algunas bases más tanto para la primera como para la segunda guerra estarían bien,con luces por la noche y antiaereos,ahora para la primera guerra yo haría una misión por tierra,aviones y tanques y aveces de tropas de manera automática, también pondría en las colinas ametralladoras,crearía trincheras en esa misión y en otra se podría hacer ataques a comboys o las bases de combustibles a ambos lados Este y Oeste,en la segunda crearía algo para bombardear misiones de bombardeo,poblados,ciudades..con defensas eso sí todos ellos,ampliaría el mapa del juego,así ya no habría cabreos por si atacó desde arriba,escondido etc y aprovechamos mucho más todo el mapa no ir siempre por el mismo lugar,esto le daría mayor amplitud de posibilidades,se podría ir creando el mejor juego de combate poco a poco así que ánimo!! Joaquín y hay dejo mis ideas con gusto 
Un saludo y feliz Navidad!!
también haría donde solo valdrían x aviones,me parece que el juego debe tener sus ingresos para ser mejor cada vez y el que no tenga ese tipo de aviones o material que se pida para poder jugar esa misión,pues no podría tendría que comprarlos y para muchas de ellas subcriptor el juego debe mantenerse,no se puede jugar por todo gratis hay que ayudar y también puedes tener más diversión.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, Juan Marni

Last edit: by baron rojo.

New missions 2 years 2 months ago #384412

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Thanks for the ideas. I have some more questions... I'm having a difficult time coming up with missions that require cooperation. For instance, the Capture the flag mission was with that idea. You could capture it while everyone else cooperates to protect you once you have it.

Any more ideas for new missions that require cooperation?
The following user(s) said Thank You: baron rojo, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, Juan Marni

New missions 2 years 2 months ago #384414

• [NLR]Mysterio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
capture the fuel/enemy's secret papers/
rescue hostage
and you can maybe make it tank/motercycles only?
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, Juan Marni

New missions 2 years 2 months ago #384415

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
First person on each side into game gets a plane that can only bomb.
Subsequent players get planes that can only shoot.
Winning team has successful bombing mission.
And make kill/deaths not count towards personal totals would encourage players to concentrate on mission instead of personal success.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zuperman, baron rojo, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, OUTLAW_WAR, Juan Marni

New missions 2 years 2 months ago #384418

• pinkstar30
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1738
How about a refueling mission..? 1 person in plane 1 person in fuel transport.. have to work together to plane and transport hooked up. All other blues protect the transport and plane that is refueling  while reds try to destroy the refueling transport..? Maybe. Just an idea.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zuperman, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, Juan Marni

New missions 2 years 2 months ago #384420

• nebular
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2034
Maybe just randomize the base locations and targets for the existing missions... and then have to find, and share random ammo/fuel caches and enemy anti aircraft gun encampment locations
The following user(s) said Thank You: zuperman, Sharp Shooter, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, OUTLAW_WAR, Juan Marni

New missions 2 years 2 months ago #384421

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

And make kill/deaths not count towards personal totals would encourage players to concentrate on mission instead of personal success.
This is similar to what it's already programmed for the Komet bombing mission. That mission is not finished yet, but the idea is that 4 people go into the bomber. The first one to join will be the pilot, everyone else on machine guns. If they get killed they switch to airplanes to protect it.

I didn't finish that mission yet because it requires so many changes (1.2.0 internally has most of them). The main challenge programming was what to do in different circumstances (pilot disconnects, or people has lag, and so on). I can finally finish it once 1.2.0 is approved by apple.

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, Pegoud, Juan Marni

Last edit: by zuperman.

New missions 2 years 2 months ago #384422

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

[NLR wrote: Mysterio post=384414 userid=41057"]capture the fuel/enemy's secret papers/
rescue hostage

I also have to consider making it even for both sides. For instance, if the mission is to rescue a hostage, whoever is protecting it, has a huge advantage over who is not. So I would need to figure out how to make it more balanced. Ideas?

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl

New missions 2 years 2 months ago #384423

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

How about a refueling mission..? 1 person in plane 1 person in fuel transport.. have to work together to plane and transport hooked up. All other blues protect the transport and plane that is refueling  while reds try to destroy the refueling transport..? Maybe. Just an idea.
Sounds good but how do I make it a little more balanced?
Problem I see here, if you are the transport (you are weak) and the refueling person, and not every player is there connected or your teammates disconnect... you are dead meat. This means, most people would switch to the other side to get easy points. How do I solve that?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl

New missions 2 years 2 months ago #384424

• [NLR]Mysterio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

[NLR wrote: Mysterio post=384414 userid=41057"]capture the fuel/enemy's secret papers/
rescue hostage

I also have to consider making it even for both sides. For instance, if the mission is to rescue a hostage, whoever is protecting it, has a huge advantage over who is not. So I would need to figure out how to make it more balanced. Ideas?

When hostage or other stuff to protect is in the "base-area" protectors only have groundunits and when they're out of base-area protectors are allowed in plane (like bomb the base mission where you cant get tank when you're down (for the base-area size))

Last edit: by [NLR]Mysterio.

New missions 2 years 2 months ago #384425

• remthrow2
  • Thank you received: 3
why not be able to jump off motorcycle?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl

New missions 2 years 2 months ago #384427

• Cricket
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The Mayor
  • Thank you received: 1166

Please no
if im put into a game where i'm not allowed to fly I'm going to exit every time

[NLRMysterio post=384424 userid=41057"]

rescue hostage

When hostage or other stuff to protect is in the "base-area" protectors only have groundunits and when they're out of base-area protectors are allowed in plane (like bomb the base mission where you cant get tank when you're down (for the base-area size))

New missions 2 years 2 months ago #384438

• sadflyy
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 9
I saw you were asking about some screenshots. I couldn't video record but you're welcome to use these if desired in any way

New missions 2 years 2 months ago #384439

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Change the carriers for battel ships that bomb the bases each side will have to protect or give cover to their ship. Ships should start their voyage near their respective base so that air cover can be near them when game starts. Other mission could be a 2-side dog fights were two are the price and other must protect them; the team that kills those two planes first will win the game. Create multiple targets around the map to be destroyed in a particular order and the last one can only be destroyed with a tank. Tanks and planes should be use on these missions, that way you can make players buy this plane if they want to participate in these new missions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zuperman, Cue Ball, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, nebular, Pegoud, OUTLAW_WAR

New missions 2 years 2 months ago #384440

• [NLR]Mysterio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
One more idea :) -->
Add the village back from the good old days of Dogfight 1 (and start of Elite) and hide something there, first one to find it/capture it and bring it back to base or carrier wins

Or no mission with village and just put it back, it was fun 
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, nebular

New missions 2 years 2 months ago #384446

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

[NLR wrote: Mysterio post=384440 userid=41057"]One more idea :) -->
Add the village back from the good old days of Dogfight 1 (and start of Elite) and hide something there, first one to find it/capture it and bring it back to base or carrier wins

What was fun about the village? It had nothing on it, it was just decoration.

New missions 2 years 2 months ago #384448

• nebular
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2034

[NLR wrote: Mysterio post=384440 userid=41057"]One more idea :) -->

What was fun about the village? It had nothing on it, it was just decoration.

The village offered a place to explore and search for those elusive secret tunnels that were all the rage for a while...

The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball, Acegirl, [NLR]Mysterio

New missions 2 years 2 months ago #384449

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Sounds great, better than current comet game. Maybe if the bomber pilot looses connection, move one of the gunners to pilot, and if he reconnects, he becomes gunner? wrote:

This is similar to what it's already programmed for the Komet bombing mission. That mission is not finished yet, but the idea is that 4 people go into the bomber. The first one to join will be the pilot, everyone else on machine guns. If they get killed they switch to airplanes to protect it.

I didn't finish that mission yet because it requires so many changes (1.2.0 internally has most of them). The main challenge programming was what to do in different circumstances (pilot disconnects, or people has lag, and so on). I can finally finish it once 1.2.0 is approved by apple.

Maybe if the pilot drops out of the game, one of the gunners is promoted, and if they come back, they get a gunners job?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball, Acegirl

Last edit: by Gannet.

New missions 2 years 2 months ago #384452

• Cue Ball
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BALD AND BEAUTIFUL
  • Thank you received: 1773

I'm still pushing for the next level in mission training. A way to help people perfect their aim with stationary objects of different size. It may he me but the missions don't really help with understanding bullet drop and aiming. A noobs biggest struggle. 
Cueball#1

Cueball #2

The following user(s) said Thank You: Phillipson, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, nebular

Last edit: by Cue Ball.

New missions 2 years 2 months ago #384455

• Phillipson
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 264
I love the missions we have! Great job, Zup!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, nebular, Pegoud

New missions 2 years 2 months ago #384456

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I like the Mysterious Village idea. Like he said hide map that you can capture in the motorcycle that has the side car. One player must drive motorcycle the other passenger has to get out and get the map. Once back in cycle they must go back to their respective bases, first one that gets home alive of each side wins. Air cover should be provided by planes. Why the side car motorcycle? so that people buy it. Or you can upgrade the mission to one the motorcycle gets to the base they get to bomb the village or opposite base or a new location you can create that the map marks as the target to be destroyed. But I think first choice of recovering the map and bring back to base is less complicated. Lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]Mysterio, nebular, Pegoud

Last edit: by Acegirl.
Time to create page: 0.858 seconds