Request for Zup - Party System 7 years 5 months ago #347809

• Agent003{WP*}
  • Agent003{WP*}'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • Thank you received: 968
Hey,

So I play on minecraft servers a lot (yes, yes, the eye rolling), and many of them have a thing called a party system. Basically a party is a "group" that you invite players to within the server, so you can play games together. (See where this is going?) Anyway, in minecraft usually the command /party is used for inviting, party chat in some cases, etc. The party only lasts as long as its players are online, or it is disbanded.

Now it wouldn't use commands of course in Dogfight, rather a UI thing I'm sure. But I think something along those lines would help players get in games with eachother. For example I have been playing with Cypher tonight, but when I join a game he has to keep joining games in hope of finding me so we can fly. If we have "parties" (we'll call them that for now), squad members and friends can fly together, people like Cypher can organize tournaments and fly-ins more easily, and I think it would really help the df community.

Really all it involves is a page on the GUI (with a button near vault or chat, etc.) with the ability to invite or kick players from a party, and a way for players to accept invites. Then we need some function to join the same server. (In minecraft it automatically teleports the party to whatever server its owner joins) This could be done the minecraft way, or better yet a button to join the server that the owner is on.

This could be a feature limited to subscribers, but I would recommend ONLY limited when it comes to owning a party. The whole point is to allow players to play together, so everyone should be able to join a party, though it would be reasonable to limit creating one to subs.

If zuperman and the community are interested in this, let me know Zup, and I will gladly help you understand some more details if you like.

-Agent003
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, ®Gamekeeper©™, Dera8{WP}, Baron64 {WP}

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Agent003{WP*}.

Request for Zup - Party System 7 years 5 months ago #347810

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4939

Agent003{WP} wrote: Hey,

So I play on minecraft servers a lot (yes, yes, the eye rolling), and many of them have a thing called a party system. Basically a party is a "group" that you invite players to within the server, so you can play games together. (See where this is going?) Anyway, in minecraft usually the command /party is used for inviting, party chat in some cases, etc. The party only lasts as long as its players are online, or it is disbanded.

Now it wouldn't use commands of course in Dogfight, rather a UI thing I'm sure. But I think something along those lines would help players get in games with eachother. For example I have been playing with Cypher tonight, but when I join a game he has to keep joining games in hope of finding me so we can fly. If we have "parties" (we'll call them that for now), squad members and friends can fly together, people like Cypher can organize tournaments and fly-ins more easily, and I think it would really help the df community.

Really all it involves is a page on the GUI (with a button near vault or chat, etc.) with the ability to invite or kick players from a party, and a way for players to accept invites. Then we need some function to join the same server. (In minecraft it automatically teleports the party to whatever server its owner joins) This could be done the minecraft way, or better yet a button to join the server that the owner is on.

This could be a feature limited to subscribers, but I would recommend ONLY limited when it comes to owning a party. The whole point is to allow players to play together, so everyone should be able to join a party, though it would be reasonable to limit creating one to subs.

If zuperman and the community are interested in this, let me know Zup, and I will gladly help you understand some more details if you like. Something like this would really aid in my ability to organize tournaments. The ability for me to be able to enter and exit matches as a moderator and observe the contests would make for a more level playing field. But I am sure this would also be a subscription only option as well. And that's fair. But I like the doors this would open. Right now I get the feeling people are flying without much focus or real drive. Leveling up has sort of lost its status. Mortaring for the most part has become unachievable for most pilots. Realistically, it has become a 2 year commitment if you were to start from nothing. Most new players don't even no the significance of becoming a Moraf. In DF1, MORAFS were feared, envied, and was everyone's goal. It was a hot topic, how close a certain pilot would be getting to achieving MORAF status. When some one did MORAF it was a big deal. Posted on forum with screenshots and the whole community posting there congratz. With this element missing from the game I would love to have tournaments where I could moderate and run events giving something for people to shoot for. Don't get me wrong. Becoming a Moraf is still huge, but only attainable for a small portion of players

-Agent003

The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, Lunas Wolf WP****, airwolff, Dera8{WP}, Agent003{WP*}, Baron64 {WP}

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Cypher7{WP}.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.632 seconds