TOPIC:

Subscrption Priveleges 7 years 5 months ago #345529

• Yonder Tiger
  • Yonder Tiger's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I live to do the right thing, be the best I can be
  • Thank you received: 94
I can understand subscription priveleges, and see how they are reasonable. That is, before the update. In this update, I think zup is overdoing it. But not by a whole lot. Most of the new priveleges were reasonable, but zup took one step too far over the line of reason, and made world chat for subscribers only. So now, if you so much as want to join in conversation while out of combat, you need to pay almost three dollars a month. Now, I know that Zup needs money to keep this game up, but he is crossing the line between maintaining the game, and ruining it. I cannot afford to subscribe, and when paired with the other two issues I talked about, that almost makes this game more frustrating, boring, and grueling than it is fun. Zup can still fix this stuff before it's too late, and if he doesn't, I'm afraid a lot of people will quit this game. And with good reason. Thanks for reading, and have a nice day or night.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ®Gamekeeper©™, Miss Kamakazi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Subscrption Priveleges 7 years 5 months ago #345532

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755
i sort of agree with chat only available to subscribers zup automatically gets rid of the trolls (trolls wont pay)but i was hauled into this game because of the social side . I never went in chat or forum when i first started i was asked to meet on chat by good old Wilbur wright who wanted me in his squad i was new to the game and felt sorta important that some one wanted a crap player like myself 4 years later im still here i wish chat was free too i have $25 in my google wallet but no one wants it google say its echoboom and vice versa im just jo blow with no where else to go

Mike Bedlance wrote: I can understand subscription priveleges, and see how they are reasonable. That is, before the update. In this update, I think zup is overdoing it. But not by a whole lot. Most of the new priveleges were reasonable, but zup took one step too far over the line of reason, and made world chat for subscribers only. So now, if you so much as want to join in conversation while out of combat, you need to pay almost three dollars a month. Now, I know that Zup needs money to keep this game up, but he is crossing the line between maintaining the game, and ruining it. I cannot afford to subscribe, and when paired with the other two issues I talked about, that almost makes this game more frustrating, boring, and grueling than it is fun. Zup can still fix this stuff before it's too late, and if he doesn't, I'm afraid a lot of people will quit this game. And with good reason. Thanks for reading, and have a nice day or night.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Armament, Fallen [M]isfits

Subscrption Priveleges 7 years 5 months ago #345539

• airwolff
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • seek wisdom
  • Thank you received: 257

if having access to world chat is a make-or-break issue for a flight sim combat game, in my opinion you have your priorities crossed. yes there are social interactions as it is a game between people. but if the world chat is that important to you maybe a combat flight sim game is not the best avenue to persue.

Subscrption Priveleges 7 years 4 months ago #348699

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
Gamekeeper what are you talking about?
You can play free, chat free in the game.

Honestly, if you can't pay $3 a month we have some other issues to worry about and the game is the least of them. I've just grabbed a snack downstairs that cost more than a full month subscription of the game!

Now, some things require subscription, and one of them is World Chat. Which IS NOT THE SAME that the in game chat. You can play with your teammates without any problem. The issue is that ton of people just sat on WC and began flirting, telling their lives or just insulting and talking dirty. The amount of complains from WC I was getting from abusers was close to 300 PER DAY.

Guess how many do I get now that WC is for subscribers? Maybe, and I mean maybe, 1 a day. You have no idea how much free time I have thanks to that, and that time is used to improve the game instead of having to check accounts and mute/ban people who probably would have never pay or support the community in any way.

So you don't like the lag and want faster servers? Where do you think the money that helps keep this game running and improve it comes from? Subscribers. So ok, some may play free but people that play months and months, pay nothing, ask for stuff and complain... well, sorry.

@Dognamitt, I still don' know what's the issue, you can hit the "instant access" button on the store icon (game entry screen), that's only 1 month instead of a subscription and it should work with google wallet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mongo, [*M]Skyripper, dognamitt, airwolff

Last edit: by zuperman.

Subscrption Priveleges 7 years 4 months ago #348719

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
yes thanks zup i paid and it works also lil bad gal had same issue and she now has her subs up and running

zuperman wrote: Gamekeeper what are you talking about?
You can play free, chat free in the game.

Honestly, if you can't pay $3 a month we have some other issues to worry about and the game is the least of them. I've just grabbed a snack downstairs that cost more than a full month subscription of the game!

Now, some things require subscription, and one of them is World Chat. Which IS NOT THE SAME that the in game chat. You can play with your teammates without any problem. The issue is that ton of people just sat on WC and began flirting, telling their lives or just insulting and talking dirty. The amount of complains from WC I was getting from abusers was close to 300 PER DAY.

Guess how many do I get now that WC is for subscribers? Maybe, and I mean maybe, 1 a day. You have no idea how much free time I have thanks to that, and that time is used to improve the game instead of having to check accounts and mute/ban people who probably would have never pay or support the community in any way.

So you don't like the lag and want faster servers? Where do you think the money that helps keep this game running and improve it comes from? Subscribers. So ok, some may play free but people that play months and months, pay nothing, ask for stuff and complain... well, sorry.

@Dognamitt, I still don' know what's the issue, you can hit the "instant access" button on the store icon (game entry screen), that's only 1 month instead of a subscription and it should work with google wallet.

Last edit: by dognamitt.

Subscrption Priveleges 7 years 4 months ago #348721

• [*M]Skyripper
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "Time is infinite, Life is not"
  • Thank you received: 11461
Personally, I haven't kept my subscription up lately, mainly because Life has got in the way of having time to play.
$3 a month isn't squat. You can't eat at a fast food restaurant for that. As for making World Chat available only to subscribers, I can't see a problem with that. Even when I was keeping up with the subscription, rarely ever went into WC. Wouldn't bother me in the slightest if it was gone altogether. The few times I've been in there, it was nothing but a ton of School Yard Drama. Hopefully I'll be back to playing soon, and I'll pay my $3 a month once I do.

There are plenty of ways to keep up with your friends and team mates on here. For that matter, you can even send a group text on your phone.

You could probably find $3 in change laying around on the streets. Guess I just never have understood all the fuss over WC. And I certainly can't see where any "Lines" were crossed or a mass Exodus of players.
Just my thoughts on the matter.
⚡️

[M]isfit to the core
The following user(s) said Thank You: dognamitt, airwolff

Subscrption Priveleges 7 years 4 months ago #349306

• Husky Dog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3536
Yonder, maybe I'm wrong, but I swear I've seen you flying top tier WWI planes. Where'd you get the money for those?

To the fowl whose fiery eyes now burned into thy bosom’s core
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, dognamitt

Subscrption Priveleges 7 years 4 months ago #349307

• Yonder Tiger
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Money for me is pretty tight. See, two members of my family don't even have health insurance, and we need to save up our money in case one of them gets hurt.

Subscrption Priveleges 7 years 4 months ago #349310

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
wow $1.99 must buy you loads of meds n beds at the local hospital

Yonder Tiger wrote: Money for me is pretty tight. See, two members of my family don't even have health insurance, and we need to save up our money in case one of them gets hurt.

Subscrption Priveleges 7 years 4 months ago #349313

• Yonder Tiger
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I'm saving up, remember? A few dollars aren't going to get health care, but a lot of dollars, saved over time, are going to pay for any medical emergencies. A penny saved is a penny earned.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.855 seconds