TOPIC:

Games to short 7 years 6 months ago #343218

• [TFL] alwaystrouble
  • [TFL] alwaystrouble's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Stay positive
  • Thank you received: 257
Zup please make the games a bit longer. I know kn df1 many times games lasted for hours. Now ga esast mere minutes. I have yet to play in a game the lasted more than 6-7 minutes. Most only 2-3 minutes. I like the shortened map. So can you return the game back to 8 hangers and increase the number of bombs it take for victory in btc games. Thanks for your hard work. TFL alwaystrouble
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, Acegirl, Cypher7{WP}

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Games to short 7 years 6 months ago #343221

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
I like the shorter games for the most part but there some pros and cons.

It's nice that:
*You can play several games in an hour and that collecting "wins" isn't just for people with loads of time to play.
*The bombing games are short encounters where you are making quick plays instead of long drawn out campaigns.
*It's rare to see anyone complain about someone ending the game with a sneak.
*When the bombing games are able to go long they hog up the servers and are often the only type of game available for quite some time.

On the other hand:
*There isn't much of a chance to settle into a game and get used to the teams when they're over so quick.
*If someone spawns in before others get there and takes a free bombing run, the game is very unbalanced and can end in one more run.
*Some people like long games.
*For unsubscribed players (some can't just watch an add) if they wait 6:min before they enter a game it often ends very quickly. I wonder if this might discourage some noobs from sticking around.

More pros and cons?

I wonder if the faster planes make enough difference that it shortens the games without only needing 4 hangars or 5 bombs on the carriers. Since the planes can cross the map faster there are fewer encounters so it's more likely that you can make it across before taking 4 hits.

(Just some thoughts and observations. Anyone's opinions are as valid as mine.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, Armament, [TFL] alwaystrouble

Games to short 7 years 6 months ago #343281

• BLACK HAWK GRINCH
  • BLACK                                                                                                              HAWK GRINCH's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Been using macdonalds wifi since the 2000s
  • Thank you received: 265
i enjoy longer games especially when good people are there
We go up the middle Til eventually breaking the line
The longer games are JUST BETTER
The following user(s) said Thank You: [TFL] alwaystrouble

Games to short 7 years 6 months ago #343324

• airwolff
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • seek wisdom
  • Thank you received: 257

shorter games means, non-subscribers have to wait to join or watch an add more often. this encourages more people to subscribe instead if they want to keep playing.

that has been my theory.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, Acegirl, [M]LtDan nhouse

Games to short 7 years 6 months ago #343328

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4939

[TFL] alwaystrouble wrote: Zup please make the games a bit longer. I know kn df1 many times games lasted for hours. Now ga esast mere minutes. I have yet to play in a game the lasted more than 6-7 minutes. Most only 2-3 minutes. I like the shortened map. So can you return the game back to 8 hangers and increase the number of bombs it take for victory in btc games. Thanks for your hard work. TFL alwaystrouble

good to see you trouble. had some great games in df1 with you recently and look forward to the same in elite
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, [TFL] alwaystrouble

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.015 seconds