TOPIC:

Should World Chat be replaced with Friend’s Chat? 7 years 7 months ago #343027

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • [NLR] The Blue Fighter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
  • Thank you received: 9789

Should World Chat be replaced with Friend’s Chat? Your Opinion.

You would agree with me that maximum name calling, abuses, conflicts start from world chat but along with that we do have good time with our friends too.

There are good reporting as well as false reporting on daily basis and zuperman have to go through it leaving concentration on game.

I propose following for World Chat:
  • Squad Chat will remain as it is.
  • On World chat one will see only friend’s chat, means that those who are already accepted by you as friend can see you and can chat with you and vice-versa. No other person can see your chat.
  • You can always add or remove friends from your list.
  • Zuperman has already coded where we can see which friend on our friend list is online and with little modification he can implement this feature too.
  • This way there is no need of reporting button as if someone is having problem, he/she can remove the player from the friend’s list.
  • This will help in reducing conflicts and in fact will be great place again to chat.

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, Armament, airwolff

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Should World Chat be replaced with Friend’s Chat? 7 years 7 months ago #343030

• Thulsa Doom
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Doom knows.
  • Thank you received: 511
Where would a friendless noob turn to for help? My KDR takes a beating when I try to explain how to get into a tank while in game.
I always thought of squad chat as a bit of a "friend chat". I also know of many that use off site chats, and are not subject to the same rules and guidelines as we are here.
I don't believe that conflict is the problem, it is the result of the problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Viper10{WP}, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, Armament, [NLR] Luna, Cypher7{WP}, DireWolf{WP}

Should World Chat be replaced with Friend’s Chat? 7 years 7 months ago #343033

• {GI} E*A*G*L*E
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Long live GI
  • Thank you received: 3213
I agree with Thulsa Doom.

Many players already have private conversations through PM, using other sites like skype and zello, so why not use those for complaints, sex talk, etc. and keep the forum and chat clean.

I really loved what Luna posted, as there are clear rules that many choose not to follow, the worst ones are those that get muted or banned, only to come back not learning their lesson, but instead get worst as a form of retaliation for the repercussions of their actions.

World Chat would be a great place to help each other, noobs, etc. if people would not use it for their obscenities, arguing, etc. (at least the trying to date seemed to stop). But it only takes a few to do their best to ruin it for everyone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]Jacob10000, [NLR] McFate, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP}

Should World Chat be replaced with Friend’s Chat? 7 years 7 months ago #343041

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • [NLR] The Blue Fighter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
  • Thank you received: 9789

Thulsa Doom wrote: Where would a friendless noob turn to for help?

Thank you TD. Very valid point raised:
Solution: Zuperman can replace the report button with help button for new comers (upto level10). As soon as the new boarder click on help button, it will start blinking and every online player can see it. If any senior, above level 10, wants to help, click on help button to join the chat with the new boarder and answer his queries. One can even guide him to add you as friend for any future queries.

The seniors can always check if there is any pending friend request or zup could provide a blinker if there is any pending friend request.

Thulsa Doom wrote: I always thought of squad chat as a bit of a "friend chat".

Right, but within own squad members, what if I want to chat with you. There should be some common platform where inter-squad friends can chat if we are playing online subject to whom you want to chat with.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl

Should World Chat be replaced with Friend’s Chat? 7 years 7 months ago #343043

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4939

[NLR] The Blue Fighter wrote:

Should World Chat be replaced with Friend’s Chat? Your Opinion.

You would agree with me that maximum name calling, abuses, conflicts start from world chat but along with that we do have good time with our friends too.

There are good reporting as well as false reporting on daily basis and zuperman have to go through it leaving concentration on game.

I propose following for World Chat:

• Squad Chat will remain as it is.
  • On World chat one will see only friend’s chat, means that those who are already accepted by you as friend can see you and can chat with you and vice-versa. No other person can see your chat.
  • You can always add or remove friends from your list.
  • Zuperman has already coded where we can see which friend on our friend list is online and with little modification he can implement this feature too.
  • This way there is no need of reporting button as if someone is having problem, he/she can remove the player from the friend’s list.
  • This will help in reducing conflicts and in fact will be great place again to chat.

I posted this earlier and I will post again. As I believe all this is getting silly, A bunch of grown adults losing there minds over something like this. Its only my view that you can either use WC or dont use it. You do have the ability to totally avoid it. Here is my Post. Thank you for reading my view.I rarely comment on matters concerning WC trolling and such. Here is my take. I have been playing for almost a year now. When I first started out I was completely clueless and terrible. Could barely take off or land. When I finally got the nerve to go on WC to get help(Which I so desperately needed) I found a unlimited friendly resource of knowledge and support. Many older veterans would share, guide, and poke fun. I got the privilege of meeting many fine folks thru WC. I got drafted to Wolf Pack. (Thank you Dunc7). One of our main squad rules is to not engage in online WC fighting, bullying, swearing etc. I believe this is the most important and squad defining traits the Wolf Pack puts into practice. In all the time I have played, I can only count 3 times I have had to deal with confrontations.

1. I had words with Steely Dan, we dog fought and he whooped me. I took the beating and moved on.
2. I had words with Strach regarding who was lagging. I stepped out of line and said some things out of character. After game I apologized and we moved on.
3. In game with Micheal Kane from MOM squad there was a couple of players on his side tem killin, swearing and being assssss necks. Micheal and myself had a great time reeling them in and ended in having a epic match.

My Point is, Why mute WC, Some one is a troll, so what. A troll is a troll. People talk sex. So what. Ignore it, move on. The best thing to do is just have a good chat with your Friends. A side ways comment comes in, so what. Ignore it. Be like a duck. Let the water just bead of your back
The following user(s) said Thank You: GHOSTRIDER1, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Viper10{WP}

Should World Chat be replaced with Friend’s Chat? 7 years 7 months ago #343045

• Armament
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • what is this life if full of care?
  • Thank you received: 1314
Maybe chat can have moderators like the forum, with power to ban certain users for 5 min, 15 min, or a day and have exclusive channel to tell zup to ban people permanently. all other requests to ban this and that can be ignored by Zup...?

then he need only think about on un-banning and un-muting requests. perhaps that too can be delegated?

the problem with this proposition is that it can easily turn into a moral policing quagmire with the question 'who will guard the guardians?' looming large. Or it could devolve into a 'my faction is holier than your faction' kind of fight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Last edit: by Armament. Reason: philosophy

Should World Chat be replaced with Friend’s Chat? 7 years 7 months ago #343047

• Thulsa Doom
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Doom knows.
  • Thank you received: 511
With everywhere I go in game and in life it is not someone else's responsibility to ensure I can not break rules, and it is not anyone else who should have to ignore or accept my misbehavior. It is up to me to abide by the rules,and accept the consequences of my actions.
I know that we are searching for ways to keep everyone happy and friendly, but why think about extra steps and measures when the answer is within us all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Viper10{WP}, Armament, DireWolf{WP}

Should World Chat be replaced with Friend’s Chat? 7 years 7 months ago #343053

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

Cypher7{WP**} wrote:
My Point is, Why mute WC, Some one is a troll, so what. A troll is a troll. People talk sex. So what. Ignore it, move on. The best thing to do is just have a good chat with your Friends. A side ways comment comes in, so what. Ignore it. Be like a duck. Let the water just bead of your back

Sage advice right here. I disagree with punishing all for the actions of a few, and the solution is currently available in the form of the ban stick or being muted. Trolls come and go. They do tend to vanish without any kind of validation. Ignore them. (How many folks have said that yet people still react) If you don't like the racy sex chat, simply report it. Zup will see it and make a decision, hopefully.

The most difficult part would seem to be the repeat offenders, the ones who just refuse to follow the user agreement rules outlined by zup. I see folks pushing the envelope all the time, testing the limits as it were, and from what I have seen zup and Jacob have been pretty kind when it comes to second and third chances, warnings, etc. There are those that would disagree with zup and Jacob being fair, but at the end of the day the last word on the subject is ultimately theirs. Additionally, I have seen unjustified mutings and bans being reversed, haven't you? It seems you really have to egg them on to get a reaction, push the envelope as it were. At least it seems that way to me and my opinion is obviously subjective.

Everyone should be allowed to express their individual opinions, that is all well and good. However, there are ways to express displeasure that don't include cussing, name calling, etc. I find it somewhat entertaining to watch folks who want to be treated as adults behaving like adolescents. That entertainment value decreases significantly when someone else's actions threaten my livelihood, specifically the forum or WC. For us Yanks, if you read the first amendment carefully you will see there are actually limits to free speech. How about we all just exercise some discretion, act like adults, follow the simple and clear rules, and continue to enjoy our forum, our WC, and our game as we have for so long? Seems pretty simple to me and doesn't require any changes whatsoever.

Besides, what would squad wars look like without a forum?

Blue, I would say no to replacing WC with a friends chat. But, adding a friends chat would be nice and possibly a solution for folks who don't want to watch the baloney in WC. Oh yes, there is a ton of baloney in WC, enough to keep Oscar Meyer in business for decades to come!

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, Thulsa Doom, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, dognamitt, Armament, [NLR] Luna, Cypher7{WP}, DireWolf{WP}

Last edit: by Viper10{WP}.

Should World Chat be replaced with Friend’s Chat? 7 years 7 months ago #343191

• Fallen [M]isfits
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i dont play nice ..with others...100 % Misfit
  • Thank you received: 1955
Hi all just popped on to put post here.....as sum u may noticed I not played in 5 days...
due to all what goin on.......

as for these ideas ....I, add I play a game where ...
if u swear..make sexual comments...troll..flood...try sell credits there...swap accounts...an other various things ....that person gets a automatic ban....as it in the program to ban these things automatic.....

but most useful thing there is...if u don't like person comment or chat....u click there name an press ignore..there chat disappears from ur screen....an ur left with chat u want to respond....

that way u only see the chat u want ....

mmmmm also this may annoy few people......but what with every1 bashing at the misfits......

there great squad an great players.....an I for 1 always really enjoyed there squad thread ...gave me many laff...an find it sad to see sum there guys bein banned

well that all I needed to say ....so ave fun all

as for playin game I miss that..but not all the crap ..so may play again soon or may not bother
will ave to wait an see how I feel
:P
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Viper10{WP}

Last edit: by Fallen [M]isfits.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.445 seconds