TOPIC:

Please Save DF 7 years 10 months ago #333194

• Whiplash
  • Whiplash's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Been Doomed since 1990!
  • Thank you received: 3010

I, like us all, have waited and waited for things to be fixed and features to come to life as promised and seems always like one step forward and two steps back. My feeling is this, we have one of the best online groups ever assembled don't let it get destroyed! Despite the arguments and problems that do happen this group is by far the best group of players I have ever found. Here is my opinion on what should be done.
  1. If you have to cut older devices to fix the current game, do it.
  2. Like what all have said...it happens with all games and generally much faster, build a gaming PC and see how fast it's outdated.
  3. Make the game cost what it needs to survive and be maintained properly.
    There are a bunch of whiners bitching about the $2, I say so what! Play any other game and they will see the ridiculous bargain DF is especially if it was working and say had squad wars and new maps, missions etc. It may be $5/month maybe $7, but if DF was working 100%I think so many would so gladly pay up. Remember how much was donated for elite?
  4. If Zup can't fix it hire someone who can.
    Now before I get everyone's back up for questioning Zup I simply think he has done a fantastic job with the game concept and has one of the best online communities you can get but maybe the programming has to be on a whole new level to provide what we all are looking for so hire some game programmers to solve the issues.
  5. Stop catering to the bitchy minority.
    There are a few complainers who seem to get the game to bend their way since they have an abundance of free time to badger Zup about this and that, to ban this player and to change whatever. I don't think these players represent the majority of the cherished community. I believe the majority of players we all know and love say more or less nothing and wouldn't ever write emails for improvements. So the game is changed to suit the complainers and their opinions do not reflect this community and such the good players leave and the whiners flourish.
  6. We need mods.
    We need the black list and some mods. Whether it be an external outsourced resource or chosen from within we need to have someone looking after problems more readily so problems are dealt with.
I think if all this was done many would return and the great times we all have had and miss would return or at the very least it's worth a shot. If it continues the way it is it will be gone forever.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Aj5cS2yr1O2fenK2
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] Pagan, BULLET [M]isfit, Husky Dog, The Desert Fox, [NLR] R@HUL, redraven72, Gustavo fire

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Please Save DF 7 years 10 months ago #333199

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
thanks for the feedback but I get the feeling you think the game makes way more money than it does. It can't pay the salary of one person. So no more developers, no external resources, no magic. As weird as it sounds, this game has TONS of players (thousnads of thousands) who play daily, complain daily, keep playing daily and pay ZERO. Oh, and complain if they have to wait or pay $1 because I must then be a greedy jerk.

Apparently I must be the only person in the world who has to pay rent these days.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] Pagan, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, airwolff, S. E. Dailey

Please Save DF 7 years 10 months ago #333201

• Whiplash
  • Whiplash's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Been Doomed since 1990!
  • Thank you received: 3010

zuperman wrote: thanks for the feedback but I get the feeling you think the game makes way more money than it does. It can't pay the salary of one person. So no more developers, no external resources, no magic. As weird as it sounds, this game has TONS of players (thousnads of thousands) who play daily, complain daily, keep playing daily and pay ZERO. Oh, and complain if they have to wait or pay $1 because I must then be a greedy jerk.

Apparently I must be the only person in the world who has to pay rent these days.

I guess I am assuming that there are many like me who are willing to pay more to make these things happen. Sadly when it's all gone many will wish they had paid now to keep it running. Why not kill the free option? make them pay you might be surprised.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Aj5cS2yr1O2fenK2

Please Save DF 7 years 10 months ago #333202

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755
i enjoy this game and will willingly pay more to keep this game the game is fun easy to pick up as a new player. i don't play or have ever played any other game in my life its not just the game its the community that goes with the game i never thought id have a friend in India or Singapore or uae
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] Pagan, Viper10{WP}, [NLR] R@HUL

Please Save DF 7 years 10 months ago #333204

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

Reading other areas I would say that money isn't the issue, its the updates are progressing faster than the game itself can sustain.

I didn't explain that too well, but it looks like it's even out of zups hands.

There are many of us who would pay to keep what we have, however you cannot stop progress it would seem.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl

Please Save DF 7 years 10 months ago #333207

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4939

zuperman wrote: thanks for the feedback but I get the feeling you think the game makes way more money than it does. It can't pay the salary of one person. So no more developers, no external resources, no magic. As weird as it sounds, this game has TONS of players (thousnads of thousands) who play daily, complain daily, keep playing daily and pay ZERO. Oh, and complain if they have to wait or pay $1 because I must then be a greedy jerk.

Is there anything we as a online community can do to help ease the Burden Zup. If given a chance to help in any way, Im sure many would jump in to help. I am not sure what we can do, But I would easily pay a higher subscription to play.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] Pagan, [*M]Skyripper

Please Save DF 7 years 10 months ago #333208

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
It can't be solved by one or a few people. Raising the subscription price wouldn't help. The problem is that need more people to subscribe. Currently only around 300 pay for the game which is a very little amount to sustain it. At the same time I don't think it's fair to make it mandatory to pay when the game is not stable. So I'm waiting for those updates to finally be able to move on with all the promised stuff and then see what happens. Also I don't think is fair that people who play the game for years never pay anything and ask for all kind of stuff. There has to be something in between. I know many that would subscribe happily but I also know many that complain just as an excuse to not pay, no matter what the game does or I do they would never subscribe. So I'm tying to figure out to help out more those that help the game
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]Jacob10000, [e]hammer_tool, Gizmo., [NLR] McFate, [*M] Pagan, Acegirl, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, nebular, Husky Dog, The Desert Fox and 5 other people also said thanks.

Last edit: by zuperman.

Please Save DF 7 years 10 months ago #333211

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

zuperman wrote: It can't be solved by one or a few people. Raising the subscription price wouldn't help. The problem is that need more people to subscribe. Currently only around 300 pay for the game which is a very little amount to sustain it. At the same time I don't think it's fair to make it mandatory to pay when the game is not stable. So I'm waiting for those updates to finally be able to move on with all the promised stuff and then see what happens. Also I don't think is fair that people who play the game for years never pay anything and ask for all kind of stuff. There has to be something in between. I know many that would subscribe happily but I also know many that complain just as an excuse to not pay, no matter what the game does or I do they would never subscribe. So I'm tying to figure out to help out more those that help the game

Fair enough. I am sorry if your taking some harsh criticism. I hope everything starts to click and come together. I and many appreciate your efforts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] Pagan, Acegirl, Viper10{WP}, Dera8{WP}

Please Save DF 7 years 10 months ago #333212

• BLACKHAWKGHOST...
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • PAIN IS TEMPERARY BROTHERHOOD IS FOREVER
  • Thank you received: 104
Zip ALOT are afraid to subscribe because of new hacks and stuff
some are too young and there parents dont trust it we respect you and everything you d do maybe s break to cleanse your mind we respect you with all our hearts ..?

Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] Pagan

Please Save DF 7 years 10 months ago #333213

• Husky Dog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3536
Well, when you get done sitting on your piles of cash, can you FIX Dogfight?!

Kidding! Totally kidding. I feel like I'm banging my head against the wall trying to explain to people why df1 isn't getting updated (which you laid out very clearly, by the way), so I can only imagine what you are going through.

I just bought my wife a new computer for Mother's Day because she found out that pretty soon it's not going to be able to operate many of the programs that it needs to run. I fix things with wrenches, so my eyes glaze over on the details, but if I can understand what you're talking about, I don't know why most others can't.

Best of luck, Zup!

To the fowl whose fiery eyes now burned into thy bosom’s core
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, Mongo, [*M] Pagan, [*M]Skyripper, Viper10{WP}, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, Cypher7{WP}, uncertainty, S. E. Dailey, Dera8{WP}

Please Save DF 7 years 10 months ago #333266

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

Husky Dog wrote: Well, when you get done sitting on your piles of cash, can you FIX Dogfight?!

Kidding! Totally kidding. I feel like I'm banging my head against the wall trying to explain to people why df1 isn't getting updated (which you laid out very clearly, by the way), so I can only imagine what you are going through.

I just bought my wife a new computer for Mother's Day because she found out that pretty soon it's not going to be able to operate many of the programs that it needs to run. I fix things with wrenches, so my eyes glaze over on the details, but if I can understand what you're talking about, I don't know why most others can't.

Best of luck, Zup!

Same reason my flip phone doesn't work anymore.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cypher7{WP}, S. E. Dailey, Dera8{WP}

Please Save DF 7 years 10 months ago #334107

• [*M] Pagan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Live every day as if it's your last cos one day...
  • Thank you received: 4857
Let the game be subscription free up to level10 after that pay to play ..no more waiting ... Just pay or no play.
May the ancestors look down upon your achievements and smile.

The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]Skyripper, dognamitt

Please Save DF 7 years 10 months ago #334115

• BLACKHAWKGHOST...
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • PAIN IS TEMPERARY BROTHERHOOD IS FOREVER
  • Thank you received: 104
I say superman opens a secure i mean really really secure line where we can donate money

I'm sure ALOT of people would pay ALOT of money to keep his game going

If the dumb ass hackers would stop hacking id love to donate at least 200 bucks

Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence

Please Save DF 7 years 10 months ago #334119

• pmoon1{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 851
I subscribed from almost when I started playing, still can't believe how many don't and they are high ranking players that sit out till their time is up to jump into a game, $2 is crap to me, I'm sure it means more to people in other countries but if they have time to play they must have some disposable income. There should be a real push for players to be payers. I must admit I have not subscribed to elite yet but it just became functional for me. Wait times should be longer the higher the rank of the pilot and the commercials you have to watch should be real crap like the charter triple play commercials!

What doesn't kill you can hurt like the dickens!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, Cypher7{WP}, Dera8{WP}

Please Save DF 7 years 10 months ago #334172

• Lunas Wolf WP****
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fear is a Reflex Courage is a Choice
  • Thank you received: 747

i would happily pay but my age barrier is the only thing that holds me back and as very little of you all know im only 15 years of age and i love the game but sadly age is always a barrier u can not break in order to keep something u love alive if i could id do whatever it takes to give u money zup but until im older i can hardly do anything for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dera8{WP}

Please Save DF 7 years 10 months ago #334173

• {GI} E*A*G*L*E
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Long live GI
  • Thank you received: 3213
He's already said there's nothing he can do.

It's like saying please don't let 8-track players, Walkman, Atari, Betamax, Phonograph, or even the rotary dial phone die.

Technology moves on and you can't stop it, and DF1 has reached that point as well. How many times does Zup have to keep saying the same thing?
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]Jacob10000, airwolff, S. E. Dailey, DireWolf{WP}

Please Save DF 7 years 10 months ago #334186

• [NLR]Jacob10000
  • Thank you received: 1711
So are you saying that zup is responsible for the downfall of those great products? How dare he stop updating atari.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gizmo., {GI} E*A*G*L*E, Cypher7{WP}

Please Save DF 7 years 10 months ago #334224

• [e]hammer_tool
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • ut malleus omnia similis clavum
  • Thank you received: 1285

You can also "donate" by buying more coins in game (although that said Apple/Google will take a cut). There are new planes and they aren't cheap so it's a perfect time to buy some coin :)

ut malleus omnia similis clavum
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, {GI} E*A*G*L*E

Please Save DF 7 years 10 months ago #334240

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I had nothing to do with Atari demise... the Walkman on the other hand... oh how much i loved my hyper cool, expensive, dual side auto rotation, dual speed sd/hd stereo dolby sony walkman with controller on the headphones cable capable of playing those 120 minutes tapes... it only required to change batteries every 3 or 4 full tapes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]Jacob10000, [NLR] McFate, Mongo, [*M] Pagan, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, S. E. Dailey, Dera8{WP}

Last edit: by zuperman.

Please Save DF 7 years 10 months ago #334257

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

zuperman wrote: I had nothing to do with Atari demise... the Walkman on the other hand... oh how much i loved my hyper cool, expensive, dual side auto rotation, dual speed sd/hd stereo dolby sony walkman with controller on the headphones cable capable of playing those 120 minutes tapes... it only required to change batteries every 3 or 4 full tapes.

hhehehehe. All is good as long as you had nothing to do with Atari :angry: :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: {GI} E*A*G*L*E

Please Save DF 7 years 10 months ago #334267

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat
  • Thank you received: 864

Zup, I've still got an old Amiga 1000 in my garage . . . do you think you could work that into the next update? :woohoo:
. .
The following user(s) said Thank You: {GI} E*A*G*L*E

Please Save DF 7 years 10 months ago #334270

• {GI} E*A*G*L*E
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Long live GI
I still have a Commodore 64, how many floppy discs do you think would be needed for a single mission?

Please Save DF 7 years 10 months ago #334274

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat

{GI} E*A*G*L*E wrote: I still have a Commodore 64, how many floppy discs do you think would be needed for a single mission?

I still remember loading games from cassette tapes . . . it would probably take about 20 of those. :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: airwolff

Please Save DF 7 years 10 months ago #334275

• Lunas Wolf WP****
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fear is a Reflex Courage is a Choice
  • Thank you received: 747

lol im really young then sheesh makein a guy feel like he only 6 years old ouch :pinch: :pinch:

Please Save DF 7 years 10 months ago #334276

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398

zuperman wrote: I had nothing to do with Atari demise... the Walkman on the other hand... oh how much i loved my hyper cool, expensive, dual side auto rotation, dual speed sd/hd stereo dolby sony walkman with controller on the headphones cable capable of playing those 120 minutes tapes... it only required to change batteries every 3 or 4 full tapes.

Ooooh! You had 120 minute mix tapes? Those could choke an auto-reverse cassette player. I bet you bought high bias or chrome blank cassettes...were you the kind of purist who would record your mixes on regular speed to maintain the best possible audio quality? Did you trade your tapes with friends? There was that awful time when my Walkman ate my girlfriend's favorite mix tape. :S

I remember when Walkman CD players came out and replaced the tape cassette versions...no more eaten tapes! But there were people who complained that it was a ploy to make everyone replace their tape collections and that CDs were horrible for listening while jogging or doing any sports because they would skip so badly. Sony came out with the yellow "armored" CD Walkman Sport which worked okay for the first few weeks but then became worthless... Dang, I'm getting old!

(...remember cathode ray tubes?) :dry: :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]Jacob10000, uncertainty, S. E. Dailey

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

Please Save DF 7 years 10 months ago #334279

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat

But nothing quite matched the joy of listening to the 8 track tape, the mediocre sound quality, and the great way it would "clachunk" from one track to the next, sometimes in the middle of longer songs. :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate

Please Save DF 7 years 10 months ago #334282

• {GI} E*A*G*L*E
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Long live GI
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate

Please Save DF 7 years 10 months ago #334283

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398

{GI} E*A*G*L*E wrote: I still have a Commodore 64, how many floppy discs do you think would be needed for a single mission?

Supposedly the computer on the original lunar lander was a 64k.

My cell phone has 2Gs....32,250 times more RAM! :blink:
The following user(s) said Thank You: {GI} E*A*G*L*E, Armament, Dera8{WP}

Please Save DF 7 years 10 months ago #334289

• [NLR]Jacob10000
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, {GI} E*A*G*L*E

Please Save DF 7 years 10 months ago #334291

• [NLR]Jacob10000
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, [*M]Comet, {GI} E*A*G*L*E