• Page:

TOPIC:

Runway Pile ups 8 years 8 months ago #278762

• [TFL] Bumble Bee
  • [TFL] Bumble Bee's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 56
i think they should make the planes immune to crashes when on the runway and carriers to prevent planes from continually crashing into each other when trying to take off. This will also prevent collisions into spawning planes when a plane is landing for repairs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, Armament

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Runway Pile ups 8 years 8 months ago #278767

• Husky Dog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3536
Or, you could just learn how to land/ take off without crashing in to anybody?

Zup has made it pretty clear that no major changes are going to happen for df. Something like this is going to be waaaay down his list. Admittedly, it's difficult to land on a runway nowadays without crashing into a spawning plane since they spawn all over the place. So land ahead of the runway and taxi on to the strip. Carriers is a no brainer. Land at the front. As far as crashing into players that spawn in front of you? It does take a bit of attention, but it's easily navigatable as long as you pay attention. Adds dimension to the game. I actually like it! Remember, as long as you are moving slowly, you will move through the plane and not crash.

Hope this helps!

To the fowl whose fiery eyes now burned into thy bosom’s core
The following user(s) said Thank You: [LB] Pedrinho, MICHAEL KANE.., [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, Armament, the gunslinger, TBH_Dj_Little_d

Runway Pile ups 8 years 8 months ago #278792

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
  • Thank you received: 2425
I've learned to live with spawncrashes.

There's one thing I think worths mentioning: Three or four days ago I lost a capture-the-flag game just because I crashed on a spawning teammate at the very moment I was trying to land with the enemy flag on our spot. Just five meters to go. Then, a red tank imediately took the flag - and some minutes later I lost connection. A won game slipped.

The lesson is: never go over the runway when trying to finish the mssion carring the enemy flag.

I took the RED PILL!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, [TFL] Bumble Bee

Runway Pile ups 8 years 8 months ago #278845

• Armament
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • what is this life if full of care?
  • Thank you received: 1314
Nice tank Husky Dog! I wonder if we will ever get better tanks...? I was under the impression that it will be done after introducing squad wars feature, but since that is not happening, I think at least better tanks (on the lines of better planes) are in order.

Runway Pile ups 8 years 8 months ago #278920

• [TFL] Bumble Bee
  • [TFL] Bumble Bee's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 56

Husky Dog {WP} wrote: Or, you could just learn how to land/ take off without crashing in to anybody?

How are you supposed to do that when a plane appears right in front of you on the runway when you're trying to land? Not possible.

Runway Pile ups 8 years 8 months ago #278922

• R E Z
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 771

Sting... if there is a plane in front of you when you take off turn either left or right before accelerating.

When landing you can always land on the ground and taxi onto the runway to reload/refuel. If you've captured the flag and want to go thru the sweet spot to victory you can also land on the ground to avoid collisions. (as Husky mentions below)

Last edit: by R E Z.

Runway Pile ups 8 years 8 months ago #278926

• Husky Dog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3536

Sting Ray70 wrote:

Husky Dog {WP} wrote: Or, you could just learn how to land/ take off without crashing in to anybody?

How are you supposed to do that when a plane appears right in front of you on the runway when you're trying to land? Not possible.

You don't have to actually land on the runway to reload, you just need to be on it. Land before the runway and taxi onto it. If you are moving slowly you won't crash into other planes, you will pass right through them.

To the fowl whose fiery eyes now burned into thy bosom’s core
The following user(s) said Thank You: Armament, [TFL] Bumble Bee

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.607 seconds