Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Game improvement 9 years 2 months ago #240258

• Mean plane man 2
  • Mean plane man 2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Witty and intelligent
  • Thank you received: 14
You live, you die, but you live again. I know I've done it before - Arnold rimmer - Red Dwarf X.

People who don't watch red dwarf, forgive me for that referance. Anyway, carry on reading, this may be a post for the ever popular Zuperman to have a look at. You see, I think the respawn system needs a bit of a re-think: instead of automatically spawning in a plane when you join, you have the option of spawning in a tank if you have one.

I know this might make the game a lot more easy, but what if the enemy were alerted if you spawn in a tank.

Anyway, thanks for looking at this post.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Game improvement 9 years 2 months ago #240344

• Airborne Kiwi
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Who said Kiwi's couldn't fly?
  • Thank you received: 518
I think you are right but with updates coming thick and fast EchoBoom does not have the time to read posts on the official Dogfight forum.

Game improvement 9 years 2 months ago #240357

• =TBH=|Jeromy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tanking reds down since.........TODAY!!!
  • Thank you received: 215
Um superman is the developer of the game and he does read these kind of posts as long as they are in the feedback and requests category or dogfight support but I also agree with this statement I have been wanting to make a post about it but I usually get too lazy lol and mean plane man welcome to the squad if u haven't noticed yet I am the squads leader and I would also like u too vist our thread here on the forum its called THE BLACK HORNETS SQUAD THREAD!!!! And one last thing on both of your accounts can u please put TBH| in front of your name it is one of our squad rules thanks

Game improvement 9 years 2 months ago #242486

• Blind Squirrel {WP****}
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Pack Strong, Wolf Proud
  • Thank you received: 347
I would like to see the respawning set up so you don't die because someone is already there. Today is was shot down and when I went to runway, someone was there so I crashed again. I was killed twice even though I was only shot down once. This happens a lot when the game is full. Could you make everyone line up single file instead of on top of each other causing the crash. Please let me know if I am not clear or you need additional information.

Regards,
Blind Squirrel
The following user(s) said Thank You: WEREWULF, {GI} E*A*G*L*E

Game improvement 9 years 2 months ago #242492

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866

Blind Squirrel {WP} wrote: I would like to see the respawning set up so you don't die because someone is already there. Today is was shot down and when I went to runway, someone was there so I crashed again. I was killed twice even though I was only shot down once. This happens a lot when the game is full. Could you make everyone line up single file instead of on top of each other causing the crash. Please let me know if I am not clear or you need additional information.

Regards,
Blind Squirrel

If you died, it's from lag, with previous enemy bullets finally coming through the server.

If you crashed, yeah that's from another blue taking off. Try hitting brakes as soon as you spawn, and wait for anyone else to roll first. If there are reds nearby, you should be on brakes anyway.

Manfred

Game improvement 9 years 3 weeks ago #252027

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Would it be possible to paint your own plane? I notice that the planes are more noticeable in game and now on replay. Squads could have a unique color scheme with their squad insignia on the tail and patches on the wings. I know the nose art was more WWII but that would be cool as well. I have no idea of the complexity of what is required, just thought it would make a good feature.

Regards,
Blind Squirrel

Game improvement 9 years 3 weeks ago #252296

• Dr. Bombay
  • Thank you received: 21
Thats a great idea blind squirrel! Id love to fly my personalized plane with squadron insignias just as long as its not as confusing to do such as banners(confusing to me at least).

Game improvement 9 years 3 weeks ago #252302

• WB|War hawk1-5
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1709
Sounds intresting, but, jesus ( the designer) would have to remodel a lot of stuff and also try to resize and put the requested insignias on the planes that sounds pretty darn hard to do
For now, lets focus on lag
And i do like your idea squirrel, about the planes lineup .

Game improvement 9 years 3 weeks ago #252314

• {GI} E*A*G*L*E
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Long live GI
  • Thank you received: 3213
BlindSquirrel,

I have seen Zup reply to the personalized planes before. Basically he said that it would cause too much lag because there are too many elements that have to be shared between servers, etc. thus not a good idea.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blind Squirrel {WP****}

Game improvement 9 years 3 weeks ago #252437

• Dr. Bombay
  • Thank you received: 21
The lack of lag out weighs trick paint but, it would be cool§=€}

Last edit: by Dr. Bombay. Reason: forgot a word.

Game improvement 9 years 2 weeks ago #252896

• Mean plane man 2
  • Mean plane man 2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Witty and intelligent
  • Thank you received: 14
THAT IS FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!! They'd be like squad banners. But the're for planes and the squad creator could make 'em.

Nice idea, squirrel. Cya

Game improvement 8 years 11 months ago #261908

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I know that no major changes are now scheduled for dog fight but I am hoping that this request would be considered.

We have world chat and squad chat but it would be really helpful if we could have an officer's chat within the squad, visible only to MORAF and Air Marshals. I would like to have a meeting with the officers to discuss new recruit requests and other squad matters in real time.

Game improvement 8 years 11 months ago #261957

• DireWolf{WP****}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4958

Blind Squirrel {WP***} wrote: I know that no major changes are now scheduled for dog fight but I am hoping that this request would be considered.

We have world chat and squad chat but it would be really helpful if we could have an officer's chat within the squad, visible only to MORAF and Air Marshals. I would like to have a meeting with the officers to discuss new recruit requests and other squad matters in real time.

Blind, that is a great idea! Both of us have to send multiple PM's and would be nice to have one area to discuss the items you listed.

Brilliant!

Game improvement 8 years 4 months ago #305968

• Airborne Kiwi
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Who said Kiwi's couldn't fly?
  • Thank you received: 518
Could be cool for multiple types of planes eg bombers, slow with 4-6 bombs. Extremely venerable but would have front and rear guns. Thinking of more.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.582 seconds