Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tracking Icons/Tap to Track 11 years 6 months ago #51894

• Zelo13
  • Zelo13's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Love the game. Great job! One request as it relates to aircraft tracking icons. At present, all of the tracking icons for NME planes are the same--orange triangles. It would be cool if you could tap one of the triangles to high-light it or otherwise change its color so that it has some visual priority. When following a specific plane in a furball it's easy for the icon of the plane you are tracking to get lost in the clutter if there are multiple NME planes in the area since they all look the same. Would also be cool if there were different icons for aircraft and ground targets--triangle for air, circle for ground or something like that.

Best,
Zelo13
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Killing soon on a screen near you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Tracking Icons/Tap to Track 11 years 6 months ago #51918

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
It'd be nice, but it'd ultimately be a waste of time. Once you get a bit more experienced, you'll be able to keep track of them without losing track of the main screen, but it would require more attention to select a small dot.
See you in the skies!

Tracking Icons/Tap to Track 11 years 6 months ago #52144

• Zelo13
  • Zelo13's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Yup. Don't think I articulated that correctly. I'm not losing the icons in relation to the main screen. They move around the periphery so it's easy to see them while also viewing what's happening in the main screen.

I'm talking about being able to distinguish one icon from another. All of the orange triangles look identical. If there are 4 orange triangles you can't tell one from another. When they intersect and crossover it's easy to lose which orange triangle you were tracking. So if you're trying to track a specific target and you lose visual, it's pretty easy to get them confused when there are multiple orange triangles circling the main screen. If you could tag one specific orange triangle--and only one of them--and the one you tagged was say blue or green, it would stand out from the rest of the orange triangles. A simple binary operation--a button that says Track--which would default to the NME plane closest to your current location would suffice. Tapping that button repeatedly would cycle to the next plane closest to your current location.
Killing soon on a screen near you

Tracking Icons/Tap to Track 11 years 6 months ago #52165

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
Oh, yeah, I know what you mean. Or they could have names on them. That'd work even better.
See you in the skies!

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.439 seconds