TOPIC:

While local wifi multiplayer isn't an option... 11 years 7 months ago #44014

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • [LB] Pedrinho's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
  • Thank you received: 2425
Well, I am waiting for a local wifi multiplayer feature since I arrived in this Dogfight Universe...

But if it is too hard to deliver in the next few months (what seems to be the case), the second option should be to give to players the possibility to schedule encounters with predefined friends using the web server, but using a second login, with session-specific password (after entering the normal game login, of course). This second password would be, of course, previously defined by one of the players (obviously the one that wants to invite his/her friends, for what he/her will need to tell them the password - duh!). To make things doable (and at a reasonable low cost concerning server resources), the system should limit the party-sessions for each player / or squadron per day, or per week, whatever...
An automatic who-goes-read-and-who-goes-blue system would be a piece of cake after implementing any of these systems, and would be very nice, aiming to reach some equality of forces...

============================================

But, while none of these features are available, I tried to find a feasible method to play some "particular" dogfights with no updates necessary - and after VortexIII kindly guided me to an aerobatics session at the bridge during a wild dogfight session last night, I figured out that this could be used to do it with some little procedures, as follows (of course, if I am trying to "reinventing the wheel" (if something like this is already known and is actually working), please let me know, because I am new here and was not aware of... ;-):

Before "ingame":
1 - You send an invitation to your friend(s), scheduling a specific date/hour/minutes to log on, and specifying a corner of the map to avoid being shot by other "non-party" players.
2 - All the participants of this "private fight" should change their ingame names for each private session, to something like "PRIVATE-1", "PRIVATE-2", "PRIVATE-3", and so on, for easy identification. This naming pattern will be told to other non-participants to prevent them from killing the private-party members.
3 - All participants needs to fly the same aircraft model, just for fair play. It's just a matter of choosing the best model that everyone has in common, and take it.

When "ingame" (only a few suggestions):
1 - Before beginning to shoot each other, the players can combine if it will be a red-vs-blue fight or a wild dogfight.
2 - Pilots can even land their planes on the bridge before begin to fight, and start the real fight only after the ok from the "manager" ;-)

I think that this is ideal for one-to-one encounters, though, but can be played by 4 or 6 pilots, I believe; we need to try it out.

Of course this method needs to be respected from every "non-participant", what sadly is very hard to accomplish... But I still have some faith on gamers.

I took the RED PILL!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by [LB] Pedrinho.

While local wifi multiplayer isn't an option... 11 years 7 months ago #44017

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
Yeah, this is a great idea. It's been suggested enough, it must be popular. :P

No, there isn't any way of being sure to join a game with a friend, the most common method is to just both join at the same time, and leave and rejoin games until you find your friend.
See you in the skies!

While local wifi multiplayer isn't an option... 11 years 7 months ago #44039

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • [LB] Pedrinho's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
  • Thank you received: 2425
It is not only a way to make sure to join with a friend at she same time. It is a method to name some pilots that are intended to not play the official mission, to let clearly stated for other pilots that those with certain naming system are not to be shot (only between them). Hope you understand my intention now...

But it looks that chances are little for joining the same session, yeah?

I took the RED PILL!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.813 seconds