Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

What to expect from Dogfight Elite for the future? 5 years 7 months ago #373799

• Falcon 9
  • Falcon 9's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 46
What to expect from Dogfight Elite for the future?
Unfortunately I feel sad for everything that has been going on in the game, all the conflicts and problems. Do any of you think Dogfight might end soon?

¿Qué esperar de Dogfight Elite para el futuro?
Lamentablemente, me siento triste por todo lo que ha estado sucediendo en el juego, todos los conflictos y problemas. ¿Alguno de ustedes piensa que Dogfight podría terminar pronto?

O que esperar da Dogfight Elite para o futuro?
Infelizmente sinto-me triste por tudo o que se passa no jogo, todos os conflitos e problemas. Algum de vocês acha que o Dogfight pode acabar em breve ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: V.Huntress War

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Falcon 9.

What to expect from Dogfight Elite for the future? 5 years 7 months ago #373800

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

I know that I rarely, if ever, play anymore since I refuse to fly in the same airspace with WWII planes. I fell in love with this game because it was a WWI biplane aerial combat game.

There are far better WWII games out there that use actual physics in their flight characteristics that are more enjoyable, but Dogfight was the most fun and one of only two WWI flight games.

Now the game, with even more planes and wars and missions, etc. is actually less than it used to be... imho.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mongo, Rudolf Rednose, Viper10{WP}, Falcon 9

Last edit: by ZebraUp.

What to expect from Dogfight Elite for the future? 5 years 7 months ago #373801

• Falcon 9
  • Falcon 9's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 46
I also fell in love with this game because of the WWI vs. WWI match, 3 years ago, it was simple but fun. Today, despite seeing many riders playing only with WWI, I still feel like these veterans of the game are increasingly disheartened and disappointed with everyone else. We could make a vow of confidence that we would only play WWI, but even if they were "hated," WWII planes would appear to ruin one or another match as usual.
I get sad every day because of this game. It used to be very good to spend hours playing and finding full matches. Today we rarely see a match full of players, with only WWI in a fierce, fair and fun match for everyone. It's unfortunate to see this game end up like this ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mongo, V.Huntress War, Viper10{WP}, [M]LtDan nhouse

What to expect from Dogfight Elite for the future? 5 years 6 months ago #374093

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755

What to expect from Dogfight Elite for the future? 5 years 6 months ago #374095

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
The conflicts and problems are what you make out of it. The game has been the same for years. The negativity spread by many is amazing. The game will continue as it has been always, with fewer updates because I don't have resources to work on it full time. That's all. And version 1 of Dogfight was exactly like that, it was released while I was doing a master because I was doing the game as a hobby. Now everyone says that was the best period of the game (back then, people said the game sucked... memory seems to be very selective for some). The reality is that the game is mostly the same since the beginning, just adding new mission types and new airplanes/tanks and improved the graphics a lot.

It will continue to be the same. To whoever doesn't like the game, fine, they should just leave. I don't get why people who doesn't like the game play it for 2 straight years and come here often to post negativity. It just doesn't make any sense. When I don't like a game, I delete it and move to another. If i play it for 2 more years is because I'm liking it. I made clear what was the plan for the game and how it was going to continue to be for the remaining of my life. Again: the game stays as it is. Minor updates when I have time. So make the choice if you like it or are bored with it. No need to beat a dead horse day in and day out. There are many better things to do with everyone's time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BStrachan, [NLR]Jacob10000, Baby Crockett, Acegirl, Grandpappy 9+1 {WP}, nebular, frits, Gideons Sword

Last edit: by zuperman.

What to expect from Dogfight Elite for the future? 5 years 6 months ago #374111

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
we are talking different things. Bugs happen and things change constantly (not on my end, google/apple change stuff, unity change stuff). I don't think that's the discussion we were having here.
1) The game hasn't changed much in years. |t's the same game, I add stuff to it but if you watch the intro video which is over 3 years old, you can go and play what you see on that video exactly the same way it was.
2) The constant: the game sucks, df1 was so much better. Put it back. There is no f way you can put back df1 because simply it wouldn't work, the technology has changed so much since then.
3) Bugs like bullet not hitting or the controllers are things that I try to fix. I DID NOT change them. Specifically, I did not change one single line of code for antivirus to begin thinking it was a virus. The game engine (unity) changed the whole input system, so it would affect how keyboard/mouse/joystick work, randomly. Without me changing a single thing. That's why it drives me crazy when things are working fine and then suddenly they are not and I haven't done anything new. Same goes for the antivirus. They work in tandem. If one decides it's a virus (by mistake), the other antivirus copy it because they don't want to be the only one that doesn't detect a virus. In this case, who knows which one decided first that the game had a virus. I believe I managed to fix it by reporting it, sending the file to all the major antivirus so they could see for themselves it was not a virus. Again. I did nothing. No changes whatsoever. Facebook login also stopped working. And google play login too. Amazon also updated their system and made it fail on kindle. I had to update the libraries because of them, not because of changes on my end.

So the game can behave differently? Yes. I try to fix those things. That I changed the game? No. I did not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nebular, Cypher7{WP}

What to expect from Dogfight Elite for the future? 5 years 6 months ago #374117

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

Zuperman, the one thing that you did change that most everyone hates was making WWI & WWII planes fly together in the same battle. I wish you would change that back to when you had the choice to fly in either time period/war.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mongo, Acegirl, Viper10{WP}, nebular, Pegoud

What to expect from Dogfight Elite for the future? 5 years 6 months ago #374123

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
The added gravity and bullet drop not everyone wanted or liked it and with me the lag associated with the lack of servers you used to have the bullet drop and the lag i get make game play near impossible i am shooting at a plane and not hitting it one time until we collide . your the programmer so i dont need tell you that the lag with the drop make different impact points for the bullets and this cannot be realistic and the game without the bullet drop in my opinion was way better i have made many friends here and maintained contact with many players from all around the globe and the bullet drop is the main reason they left not that they got bored or they thought the game sucked they are your biggest fan of the game that brought us all here in the first instance.

zuperman wrote: we are talking different things. Bugs happen and things change constantly (not on my end, google/apple change stuff, unity change stuff). I don't think that's the discussion we were having here.
1) The game hasn't changed much in years. |t's the same game, I add stuff to it but if you watch the intro video which is over 3 years old, you can go and play what you see on that video exactly the same way it was.
2) The constant: the game sucks, df1 was so much better. Put it back. There is no f way you can put back df1 because simply it wouldn't work, the technology has changed so much since then.
3) Bugs like bullet not hitting or the controllers are things that I try to fix. I DID NOT change them. Specifically, I did not change one single line of code for antivirus to begin thinking it was a virus. The game engine (unity) changed the whole input system, so it would affect how keyboard/mouse/joystick work, randomly. Without me changing a single thing. That's why it drives me crazy when things are working fine and then suddenly they are not and I haven't done anything new. Same goes for the antivirus. They work in tandem. If one decides it's a virus (by mistake), the other antivirus copy it because they don't want to be the only one that doesn't detect a virus. In this case, who knows which one decided first that the game had a virus. I believe I managed to fix it by reporting it, sending the file to all the major antivirus so they could see for themselves it was not a virus. Again. I did nothing. No changes whatsoever. Facebook login also stopped working. And google play login too. Amazon also updated their system and made it fail on kindle. I had to update the libraries because of them, not because of changes on my end.

So the game can behave differently? Yes. I try to fix those things. That I changed the game? No. I did not.

The following user(s) said Thank You: [M]LtDan nhouse

What to expect from Dogfight Elite for the future? 5 years 6 months ago #374124

• Fallen [M]isfits
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i dont play nice ..with others...100 % Misfit
  • Thank you received: 1955
Had look again ..after wow how long..same old fked game..srry remove that mmmmmmmm…...maybe not ..good luck

Hope all you outplaced Misfits good an keeping faith...miss you all …. and maybe 1 or 2 others
The following user(s) said Thank You: dognamitt, [M]LtDan nhouse

Last edit: by Fallen [M]isfits.

What to expect from Dogfight Elite for the future? 5 years 6 months ago #374125

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i'm not bad. i'm just drawn that way
  • Thank you received: 9806
Hey look a conversation!

Zuperman I believe that what is meant when they say that they like DF Original better or that they want the Old version back; is not what you are understanding. What they are referring to is the bullet drop thing and the ww1 planes. When I read it I also said, wait? what? the game is the same only change was now it had Elite as a last name. What are they trying to say to you (and this is exactly what they want) is to please give them the laser bullets back and the ww1 era or separate the ww1 from the ww2 or make it random . Only 2 things!

But zuperman; come on at this point give them what they want, at least test it for a few months. Or please at least let the community VOTE ON IT. That way you can have more educated guess on what your users want, and this will help in your decision process.

The success of a game strives on its users and fan base; word of mouth is what brings players. We want to help you with that, but you must listen or at least poll your users. You have nothing to lose…. Well maybe some programing time. Come On ZUP!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! YOU CAN DO IT ALL NIGTH LOOOOONG!!! Take us Back to the Future! LOL
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mongo, pinkstar30, nebular, Alex Galt, [M]LtDan nhouse, Pegoud, Gideons Sword, Smoke Screen

What to expect from Dogfight Elite for the future? 5 years 6 months ago #374127

• Smoke Screen
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 249
Agreed :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, [M]LtDan nhouse

What to expect from Dogfight Elite for the future? 5 years 6 months ago #374130

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
The bullet drop was added because people REQUESTED it. They hated it to be like a laser. Many complained that they would get killed from miles just because someone had a bigger screen and could see the dot better. It was a feature added after (I lost count of how many) requests.

WW2 airplanes were also added because it was (lost count of how many) times requested. It took me months go get them ready because people asked for them.

As with everything new. People will love it and people will hate it. I cannot make everyone happy. If i remove bullet drop, all the laser hates will come here saying that there is no skills involved at all, only having a bigger screen to place that dot on them. If i remove ww2 airplanes, people will come here complaining why i removed all the airplanes they love.

If I leave them as they are, people that don't like it come and complain. It's the permanent law of "complaining". You can go back 5 years on the forum and there is always complaining. About, absolutely, everything. New or old. People complain because they don't like the current state, then things are changed, people complain about they don't like the new state. And so on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dognamitt, nebular, frits, Cypher7{WP}, Gideons Sword

Last edit: by zuperman.

What to expect from Dogfight Elite for the future? 5 years 6 months ago #374131

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

Im going to come out and say I like the bullet drop. I liked the laser bullets too, but there is nothing wrong with the bullet drop. I was one of the folks who requested it, or agreed with the folks requesting it. My experience is that it seems inconsistent from one player to the next. The first red I line up on seems to have a slightly different aim point that the next, however the aim points do seem consistent for each player. In other words the aim point for frits is the same each time, but different than dusty, if that makes sense. The laser bullets were also inconsistent in the same way, so in reality nothing has changed with that and I have always chalked it up to server speed or device speed inconsistencies.

Zup, you have been doing this long enough to know people will complain about anything and everything. Its almost human nature to complain about things they don't like especially after a change occurs. That being said I am looking forward to your solution for the ww1/ww2 combination which you mentioned in an earlier post that you are working on. Rest assured no matter what you do someone will complain about it.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: DireWolf{WP****}, nebular, frits, Cypher7{WP}

Last edit: by Viper10{WP}.

What to expect from Dogfight Elite for the future? 5 years 6 months ago #374133

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
i was a early adopter of elite when the two games overlapped and i liked the bullet drop but it seems to me update after update it changed and i think it is because of the servers or lack of them . i cant even hit a plane 10 feet away to the point where i crash into the enemy plane there should be zero bullet drop at this distance.im not complaining this is a forum is it not ?( forum = a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged)

zuperman wrote: The bullet drop was added because people REQUESTED it. They hated it to be like a laser. Many complained that they would get killed from miles just because someone had a bigger screen and could see the dot better. It was a feature added after (I lost count of how many) requests.

WW2 airplanes were also added because it was (lost count of how many) times requested. It took me months go get them ready because people asked for them.

As with everything new. People will love it and people will hate it. I cannot make everyone happy. If i remove bullet drop, all the laser hates will come here saying that there is no skills involved at all, only having a bigger screen to place that dot on them. If i remove ww2 airplanes, people will come here complaining why i removed all the airplanes they love.

If I leave them as they are, people that don't like it come and complain. It's the permanent law of "complaining". You can go back 5 years on the forum and there is always complaining. About, absolutely, everything. New or old. People complain because they don't like the current state, then things are changed, people complain about they don't like the new state. And so on.

The following user(s) said Thank You: [M]LtDan nhouse

What to expect from Dogfight Elite for the future? 5 years 6 months ago #374134

• [*M]TBUILT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I back my squad 100% what's your excuse?
  • Thank you received: 17012

zuperman wrote: The bullet drop was added because people REQUESTED it. They hated it to be like a laser. Many complained that they would get killed from miles just because someone had a bigger screen and could see the dot better. It was a feature added after (I lost count of how many) requests.

Question do those who requested bullet drop still play? Reason I ask is because the last 10 or so times I tried playing again I would always see the same 4 or 5 player's in a game didn't matter what time of day it was. Back in df's glory days you would see different players pretty much every game. Sure people complained about the game that will never change, you mentioned 5 years back people complained but they didn't just pack up and leave like they do nowadays.
Back then we had mole tanks etc so of course you'd hear people complaining when stuff like that happens, but when 100 members of just 1 squad packs it up and leaves the game you know something is wrong.
These were guys that played every single chance they got all night long, when bullet drop was introduced many hung on to df1 as long as they could when elite first came out.
Now mixed era wars were apart of the game and the remaining members packed up and left leaving 2 or 3 out of 100 still playing the game as it is today so we sit here asking why all the empty games lately? Well it's because everyone left some after they were told IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN LEAVE.
that would never work in my line of business or most others, paying consumers don't want to hear that stuff.
Wish you'd consider what Ace posted and at least give it a shot. ( prove us wrong)

Just a little history about myself
I was never much of a gamer I'd play a new game for about a month or two then move on until one day I saw a friend playing this game so I picked it up and didn't put it down for 5 year's day and night you could find me playing, the game was simple to play and I loved that about it. Long nights flying with Bad influences like Comet was great. Best 5 years in a game I've ever had.
Now if I was new coming to elite I would have given up just after a couple of weeks, back in the day Lazars were our only defense against PC players because they did and still do turn much faster. You took away the one part that kept us from getting killed with ease away from us advantage PC again.
So you tell the 100 members we've lost it's not the bullet drop or mix wars fault and the game is still the same sure visually it is but as a gaming experience it's far from it.
You got nothing to lose now and like you said the game's not making money so prove us wrong and just try it. I bet you would get less empty games with players returning to the game I know I would.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mongo, Acegirl, [*M]Comet, V.Huntress War, DireWolf{WP****}, Grandpappy 9+1 {WP}, dognamitt, Lone Player, Skeeter72{WP}, [M]LtDan nhouse

What to expect from Dogfight Elite for the future? 5 years 6 months ago #374135

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

PLEASE LET US VOTE
The following user(s) said Thank You: [M]LtDan nhouse, Pegoud

What to expect from Dogfight Elite for the future? 5 years 6 months ago #374136

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly like its stolen shoot like you mean to keep it
  • Thank you received: 6558

[*M]TBUILT wrote:

Question do those who requested bullet drop still play? Reason I ask is because the last 10 or so times I tried playing again I would always see the same 4 or 5 player's in a game didn't matter what time of day it was. Back in df's glory days you would see different players pretty much every game. Sure people complained about the game that will never change, you mentioned 5 years back people complained but they didn't just pack up and leave like they do nowadays.
Back then we had mole tanks etc so of course you'd hear people complaining when stuff like that happens, but when 100 members of just 1 squad packs it up and leaves the game you know something is wrong.
These were guys that played every single chance they got all night long, when bullet drop was introduced many hung on to df1 as long as they could when elite first came out.
Now mixed era wars were apart of the game and the remaining members packed up and left leaving 2 or 3 out of 100 still playing the game as it is today so we sit here asking why all the empty games lately? Well it's because everyone left some after they were told IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN LEAVE.
that would never work in my line of business or most others, paying consumers don't want to hear that stuff.
Wish you'd consider what Ace posted and at least give it a shot. ( prove us wrong)

Just a little history about myself
I was never much of a gamer I'd play a new game for about a month or two then move on until one day I saw a friend playing this game so I picked it up and didn't put it down for 5 year's day and night you could find me playing, the game was simple to play and I loved that about it. Long nights flying with Bad influences like Comet was great. Best 5 years in a game I've ever had.
Now if I was new coming to elite I would have given up just after a couple of weeks, back in the day Lazars were our only defense against PC players because they did and still do turn much faster. You took away the one part that kept us from getting killed with ease away from us advantage PC again.
So you tell the 100 members we've lost it's not the bullet drop or mix wars fault and the game is still the same sure visually it is but as a gaming experience it's far from it.
You got nothing to lose now and like you said the game's not making money so prove us wrong and just try it. I bet you would get less empty games with players returning to the game I know I would.

I agree with tbuilt, i am one of those he is talking about.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction
(.Y.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, [*M]Comet, R E Z, [M]LtDan nhouse

What to expect from Dogfight Elite for the future? 5 years 6 months ago #374137

• [M]LtDan nhouse
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • What goes up Must come down
  • Thank you received: 1274
Just do a vote and be done with it bullet or lazer and ww1 or ww2 planes only 2 things
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, dognamitt

What to expect from Dogfight Elite for the future? 5 years 6 months ago #374139

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

I hate to say it, but I agree with Dog on a few issues. I don't think a vote from the players will accomplish a thing. We have "voted" on things in the past and with every change has come complaints.

Also, zup isn't putting time and effort into this game. That would be like throwing good money after bad, which is foolish no matter the context.

However, the game actually isn't all that bad right now. The biggest flaw is the lack of players. If more people who are holding out for a better game, or one more suited to their taste, would just play the game it would be a lot more fun for those of us who are playing now. I consistently see folks who have been here longer than me scoring low kills to deaths, but they play regardless. The games are fast, sometimes laggy, sometimes not, and challenging when they are full. You can switch sides if you like and shoot reds. Sure, there is bullet drop. Sure, there are folks still looping in their jets and bombing without actually shooting anyone. Hey, that makes for a quick game and maybe the next one is better, right? Sometimes controversy is a good thing.

I am nowhere near as good as I once was back before the launch of dfe, but for the money its still a rather fun game that doesn't take a lot of memory space on my cpu and there are still friends (and enemies) in almost every game. Heck, I even got to fly with Guardian today. Talk about a blast from the past!

So what is everyone waiting for? Just jump in and play. What do you have to lose?

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grandpappy 9+1 {WP}, nebular, frits, Cypher7{WP}, Gideons Sword

Last edit: by Viper10{WP}.

What to expect from Dogfight Elite for the future? 5 years 6 months ago #374140

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
It’s clear that the game is on its last leg; there is not denying that just like we all have seen the zuperman’s interest and efforts have change. We get that the lack of support for the game ($$$) is what made it take a nose dive in all aspects. I presume Juaquin is not a rich man otherwise he would not care throwing money on better servers and a better overall experience and most important advertising and promotion. It clear that the Juaquin’s dream has fade away or ran into a wall of problems he just can’t break threw them. Mr. Cash does wonders for any project or business but when he walks away then things start to crumble. Games like this can still run for years with minimal funding and support until puff... zuperman decides to unplug it because it’s too much of a headache or the game can’t support itself. Do not have a clue how many subscribers are left or how many have gone; only zup knows that. To me it looks like many of the subscribers from teams that had up to 2 squadrons like MOM and MISFITS are gone. Like the name of one of those squadrons implied, “the mean old men”; the games target audience or customers is composed of: (Adult males that work and have buying power). The reasons I have read here in forum for most of those entire walk outs are because of the bullet drop and the ww1/ww2 mix thing. (Some PM’S say it’s because of me; but hey I can’t take the credit for cleaning all those teams) So if we can all agree on asking zuperman for a vote on these 2 issues; just to see were we all stand. You do not have to agree to make the changes regardless on the vote’s outcome Juaquin just take a look at what we all think in the open. Again at this point you or we don’t have anything to lose. My particular case I don’t care about the laser shoot; my style of playing will be the same but I will be willing to vote in favor of it if there is a slim chance of getting some of those MOM and MISFITS regular PAYING COUSTOMERS we use to have. ZUPERMAN PLEASE LET US VOTE!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mongo, Baby Crockett, R E Z, Pegoud, Gideons Sword

What to expect from Dogfight Elite for the future? 5 years 6 months ago #374141

• Alex Galt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3775
maybe time time to kill this game and cut your losses Zup
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cricket

What to expect from Dogfight Elite for the future? 5 years 6 months ago #374142

• Gideons Sword
  • Thank you received: 89
I too think the bullet drop is fine. I would like to be able to choose between playing in a WW1 only ,or a WW2, or even mixed. I will not stop playing and will continue my subscription no matter what. I just want to be given a choice. Thankyou all!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}, nebular, frits, Pegoud

What to expect from Dogfight Elite for the future? 5 years 6 months ago #374145

• R E Z
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 771

Acegirl wrote: It’s clear that the game is on its last leg; there is not denying that just like we all have seen the zuperman’s interest and efforts have change. We get that the lack of support for the game ($$$) is what made it take a nose dive in all aspects. I presume Juaquin is not a rich man otherwise he would not care throwing money on better servers and a better overall experience and most important advertising and promotion. It clear that the Juaquin’s dream has fade away or ran into a wall of problems he just can’t break threw them. Mr. Cash does wonders for any project or business but when he walks away then things start to crumble. Games like this can still run for years with minimal funding and support until puff... zuperman decides to unplug it because it’s too much of a headache or the game can’t support itself. Do not have a clue how many subscribers are left or how many have gone; only zup knows that. To me it looks like many of the subscribers from teams that had up to 2 squadrons like MOM and MISFITS are gone. Like the name of one of those squadrons implied, “the mean old men”; the games target audience or customers is composed of: (Adult males that work and have buying power). The reasons I have read here in forum for most of those entire walk outs are because of the bullet drop and the ww1/ww2 mix thing. (Some PM’S say it’s because of me; but hey I can’t take the credit for cleaning all those teams) So if we can all agree on asking zuperman for a vote on these 2 issues; just to see were we all stand. You do not have to agree to make the changes regardless on the vote’s outcome Juaquin just take a look at what we all think in the open. Again at this point you or we don’t have anything to lose. My particular case I don’t care about the laser shoot; my style of playing will be the same but I will be willing to vote in favor of it if there is a slim chance of getting some of those MOM and MISFITS regular PAYING COUSTOMERS we use to have. ZUPERMAN PLEASE LET US VOTE!

Youre the only bright spot in this game - why i stay!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, Pegoud

What to expect from Dogfight Elite for the future? 5 years 6 months ago #374167

• Gizmo.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 908
Zup gave us a vote on bullet drop,and the result was to keep lt as it was,zup chose to ignore the vote.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, V.Huntress War, dognamitt, [M]LtDan nhouse, Pegoud

What to expect from Dogfight Elite for the future? 5 years 6 months ago #374177

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
no it isnt fine its inconsistent its never the same depending on who you play and where they play and how many people enter the game i agree with zup being able to shoot people across the map is silly but in many peoples opinion bullet drop is the main reason they left.
Ask some top dogfighters of a year ago why they left not because they where bored the game didn't play the same Fact

[quote="Gideons Sword" post=374142Itoo think the bullet drop is fine. I would like to be able to choose between playing in a WW1 only ,or a WW2, or even mixed. I will not stop playing and will continue my subscription no matter what. I just want to be given a choice. Thankyou all![/quote]

Last edit: by dognamitt.

What to expect from Dogfight Elite for the future? 5 years 6 months ago #374178

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4939

Viper10{WP} wrote: I hate to say it, but I agree with Dog on a few issues. I don't think a vote from the players will accomplish a thing. We have "voted" on things in the past and with every change has come complaints.

Also, zup isn't putting time and effort into this game. That would be like throwing good money after bad, which is foolish no matter the context.

However, the game actually isn't all that bad right now. The biggest flaw is the lack of players. If more people who are holding out for a better game, or one more suited to their taste, would just play the game it would be a lot more fun for those of us who are playing now. I consistently see folks who have been here longer than me scoring low kills to deaths, but they play regardless. The games are fast, sometimes laggy, sometimes not, and challenging when they are full. You can switch sides if you like and shoot reds. Sure, there is bullet drop. Sure, there are folks still looping in their jets and bombing without actually shooting anyone. Hey, that makes for a quick game and maybe the next one is better, right? Sometimes controversy is a good thing.

I am nowhere near as good as I once was back before the launch of dfe, but for the money its still a rather fun game that doesn't take a lot of memory space on my cpu and there are still friends (and enemies) in almost every game. Heck, I even got to fly with Guardian today. Talk about a blast from the past!

So what is everyone waiting for? Just jump in and play. What do you have to lose?

I agree With Viper. "The biggest flaw with the game is lack of players" I think we all agree that when you land in a game with two full teams playing the intensity level increases, game strategy becomes more a factor then individual flying talent and aim. Also game play becomes more team oriented opposed to point accumulation. After such games the WC gains momentum with congratulatory comments and all around chat. I do appreciate Zup trying to accommodate all players as best as he can while still making a game that he himself can be proud of. I do wish my xbox game controller behaved better, my bullet's registered more accurately, and all devices would play equally. That said I think he has a done a fair job in trying to level the paying field. Sometimes we must take the good with the bad. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooooooo
The following user(s) said Thank You: dognamitt

What to expect from Dogfight Elite for the future? 5 years 6 months ago #374181

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
If Zup changed the game back to its “best version ever” (you choose when that was) it would still cost more to run it than it brought in. If a whole lot more people suddenly started playing it would cause problems because servers would be overloaded. Unless someone comes in as an angel investor with a ton of cash I can’t imagine Zup would put his focus into Dogfight again.

It is what it is. If it managed to attract a whole lot of new players there would be a whole lot more problems. I’d like to see the WW1 and WW2 games separated, I’d be more attracted to it again, but I don’t expect Zup to keep throwing money down a hole. Low maintenance, low attendance, low cost. It’s sad that his grand vision didn’t get the funding it needed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: baron rojo, Acegirl, R E Z, Viper10{WP}, dognamitt, nebular, Cypher7{WP}

What to expect from Dogfight Elite for the future? 5 years 6 months ago #374199

• Gideons Sword
  • Thank you received: 89
If I had the money I would help him with it, alas however I am living on a day to day basis. Perhaps someday I will win the lottery or some such thing. Then I will take us all out to lunch on Ace's beautiful island and we can discuss it all face to face and fix it. In the mean time I will continue to play and gladly pay my monthly stipend, in order that you all will be able to shoot me out of the skies! Good game all! Your friend and fellow target, "Gideons Sword"
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, Acegirl, Viper10{WP}, dognamitt

What to expect from Dogfight Elite for the future? 5 years 6 months ago #374203

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
the magic of the www here is a pile of cash

Gideons Sword wrote: If I had the money I would help him with it, alas however I am living on a day to day basis. Perhaps someday I will win the lottery or some such thing. Then I will take us all out to lunch on Ace's beautiful island and we can discuss it all face to face and fix it. In the mean time I will continue to play and gladly pay my monthly stipend, in order that you all will be able to shoot me out of the skies! Good game all! Your friend and fellow target, "Gideons Sword"

The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, Gideons Sword

What to expect from Dogfight Elite for the future? 5 years 6 months ago #374204

• [M]LtDan nhouse
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • What goes up Must come down
  • Thank you received: 1274
My God Zup wake up ! and do somethingnabout ww1 and ww2 together
Lag ! Bullet drop all the other BS is what it is but fixed the Ww2 n ww1 plane BS
Ya i cant find another game this good you win now have a vote on something please
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, dognamitt

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.545 seconds